Hello..I am Denise...I am 38 and TTC with ICSI (IVF)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2010, 09:19 AM
hello. I am Denise (38) and live in Missouri. I am divorced from my 4 childrens father. I remarried Kyle, who doesn't have any bio children, but loves our 4 like they are his own. We wanted to try for one together. I had a tubal ligation after my 4th (it was enough for my ex and I) then when I got together with Kyle, we paid out of pocket to have a tubal reversal surgery and they "reconnected my tubes". I have had test after tests to see if they are open, they are and everything looks good with me. So we went through everything-a year of just trying naturally-then clomid-then gonal-f injections and all kinds of injectable med's-3 failed IUI's-then we went to a different RE and he did some simple blood tests that they could have done at the very beginning before even doing the surgery-my spouse's sperm "clump" together, so there is never 1 sperm by itself to try to get to the egg-and we both have antibiodies that fight off each other. So after $15 thousand out of pocket expenses and 4 1/2 years later..the only way we could have ever had a baby together was to do ICSI-which if you are unfamiliar, is almost the same as IVF, but in our case, they have to actually get a sperm and inject the egg with it rather than getting sperm, putting it together with the eggs in a dish and them finding their way to each other....which "of course" is more expensive. UGH..

So that is where we are. We chose to go to a reputable IVF clinic here in St Louis and went to meet the dcotr and discuss our situation on 10.26.10 and now we have to go for the initial blood work and I have to call on my next CD #3 (which should be 11.10.10) to have the blood work done and also do an u/s to see how many follicles I have and just to check my ovaries, etc.. then they also gave us an order for my spouse to get SA again-but really don't know if that is necessary at this point-he has had several and it wont matter unless for some strange reason he had a complete change and no motility or anything..so we will think on that one..its $500 out of pocket.

So our goal is to have some tests now, but we won't have the funds for the complete ICSI/IVF until February/March/April of next year..(which isn't too far off and Im excited)

I can't wait to read everyone's journey's on here..(which is what I will be doing as soon as I post this).

Good luck to everyone and I hope you don't mind me tagging along on your journey's through this wonderful time!
November 1st, 2010, 09:24 AM
Bayamount
Good luck and welcome to the forum
November 9th, 2010, 11:35 AM
ttcmymiracle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!! Good luck with everything!!

TTC since Nov. 2007. All testing=completely normal....but we still have empty arms! clomid-thin lining and BFN; femara-BFN, 3 IUIs= BFN, IVF (Nov 2010)= BFN. IVF 2 (FET)= BFP!! beta 1: 29.2 beta 2: 120!!!

January 11th, 2011, 11:04 AM
lynnette74's Avatar Super Mommy
Your story sounds so similiar to mine. I just remarried a man with no bio kids. I am 36 with three older children (one is 18). I had my tubes tied and reversed. We thought the fertility issue was with me and it turned out to be with my husband. We are beginning IVF this month.

IVF Cycle #1
01/18/11... Egg Retrieval - 22 Eggs!
01/19/11... RE called: 15 eggs mature and of those 12 eggs fertilized!
01/21/11... RE called 7 eggs are good quality, 3 eggs are questionable, and 2 eggs didn't advance and were disgarded.
01/23/11.. 5day Transfer - 2 Embryo - Quality 1DD - No embryo's made it to freeze.
IVF Cycle #2
02/16/11... Egg Retrieval - 11 Eggs
02/17/11... RE called: 9 eggs mature and all 9 eggs fertilized!!!
02/19/11... 3day Transfer - (3) 8 Cell Perfect Embryo - No Fragmentation - No embryo's made it to freeze.
02/26/11... HPT - very light BFP 02/28/11... Beta Test - 12dpo - 20
14dpo - 31 / 16dpo - 75.3 / 19dpo - 343.4 / 21dpo - 1028 / 23dpo - 2459 / 26dpo - 5933 / 29dpo - 13643
03/10 - Saw Sac and Yolk - - 03/16 - Saw Heartbeat!!!!

Remembering my lost one 02/05/09

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search