update...(loss Mentioned Ectopic)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Veteran
Hi Ladies! What a 2010 I had.....as some of you know I had a positive pregnancy test back in November. At first my first HCG Number was 355 so they thought maybe twins? But then on our first ultrasound we only saw one...and one great heartbeart.

Two weeks later we went for our second ultrasound....would have been 8 weeks then. We did not see anything anymore...seemed like we lost our little heartbeat. I was sent for further testing and did not find anything good....I waited for two weeks and then had a D&C.

Well I wanted to move on with my life and planned a awesome New Years Eve Party with my friends and family to move on and look forward to the New Year. New Years Eve I came down with severe stomach pains and passed out. Turns out that I was having a 2nd misscarriage and it was Ectopic from the second egg we put back. My tube ruptured on New Years Eve sending me to the ER with internal bleeding over 2 liters and Emergency Surgery. Here we are now...almost two weeks later and I am just now starting to get back to me! It was a very rough road...

NOW for an ever harder decision...now that I have had an Ectopic...they said it would be in my best interest to tie off the other tube as my % of this happening again goes up now to 20%. But that means I am pretty much "tieing" off my chance of ever getting pregnant on my own...even though we have two rounds of IVF left....its a really hard decision. Anyone else ever deal with this?
Started TTC in June 2008
First RE appt. March 2009

Oct. 2010 - 14 Eggs Retrieved and 6 Fertilized with ICSI
November 4th - ET put back two Blasts!
November 16th - BFP!!!!!
December - M/C Lost Heartbeat
December 31st - 2nd Misscarrige with Ectopic Egg (2nd egg was missed in tubes )
May 4th - Starting Stims for second IVF Round! STICKY VIBES!
May 17th - ET 13 Eggs Retrieved only Two Fertilized due to maturity. Put Back my TWO LUCKY CHARMS!
May 31st - Its official! 559 HCG Level! Im Pregnant!
June 2nd - 2nd HCG Test we are now at 1145!! Yay it more than doubled!
January 12th, 2011, 08:00 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, Christina! You have been through so much in such a short period of time! I'm so very sorry for your losses. I'm not sure what I would do in your situation. But what you went through is very dangerous and if there is a large chance of it happening again, you should think about your own health first-- and if that means tying it up, then by all means. Ultimately, it's up to you and the risk that you're willing to take. I hope you'll keep us updated on your progress. Again, I'm so very sorry.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
IVF#3/FET#2 (November 2014) Transferred two perfect blasts- First BFP Ever.

BABY BOY- JULY 2015 @ 34 weeks 6 days

Our family is now complete. The End.

January 12th, 2011, 09:12 AM
lynnette74's Avatar Super Mommy
Christina,

I am so sorry for your loss I also had a tubal pregnancy two years ago. It is such a tramatic thing to go through. I remember crying because we were loosing a baby but also because I was loosing part of my fertility.

We continued to try to conceive without assistance for over a year, but with his fertility issues and the fact that I only had one tube made this an impossibility. I bypassed the IUI route due to the increased rate of tubal pregnancies because of the time it could rob me of my fertile years and also the risk to my health.

I know it is such a hard decision, the only advice I can give you is to consider your age, the time frame that you want children, and the risk you are willing to take with your health. Not to scare you, but I was told by my doctor that tubals are VERY risky and cost thousands of women their life, yearly.

Amy

IVF Cycle #1
01/18/11... Egg Retrieval - 22 Eggs!
01/19/11... RE called: 15 eggs mature and of those 12 eggs fertilized!
01/21/11... RE called 7 eggs are good quality, 3 eggs are questionable, and 2 eggs didn't advance and were disgarded.
01/23/11.. 5day Transfer - 2 Embryo - Quality 1DD - No embryo's made it to freeze.
IVF Cycle #2
02/16/11... Egg Retrieval - 11 Eggs
02/17/11... RE called: 9 eggs mature and all 9 eggs fertilized!!!
02/19/11... 3day Transfer - (3) 8 Cell Perfect Embryo - No Fragmentation - No embryo's made it to freeze.
02/26/11... HPT - very light BFP 02/28/11... Beta Test - 12dpo - 20
14dpo - 31 / 16dpo - 75.3 / 19dpo - 343.4 / 21dpo - 1028 / 23dpo - 2459 / 26dpo - 5933 / 29dpo - 13643
03/10 - Saw Sac and Yolk - - 03/16 - Saw Heartbeat!!!!

Remembering my lost one 02/05/09

Last edited by lynnette74; January 12th, 2011 at 09:15 AM.
January 12th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Veteran
Thanks so much ladies for your comments and thoughts I greatly appreciate it!

It feels like I have been though a train wreak.....its been a long process! I am first looking forward to being me again and getting my energy back and having some fun for a while....its been a long time since I have heard the word fun!

I talked with my doctor this morning and he said that we will sit down and talk about things in a month or so after I am fully recovered, but I most likely will not be able to move forward to round two of IVF until Maybe April......I want to be 100% at my best for the best chances.

As much as it pains me to say....I think we will end up taking the doctors advise and will tie off the tube to protect my health as well as increase our chances of a succesful pregnancy. Its so hard to think about....but I know its the right thing to do most likely. I can not imagine going through this agian....thats for sure!
Started TTC in June 2008
First RE appt. March 2009

Oct. 2010 - 14 Eggs Retrieved and 6 Fertilized with ICSI
November 4th - ET put back two Blasts!
November 16th - BFP!!!!!
December - M/C Lost Heartbeat
December 31st - 2nd Misscarrige with Ectopic Egg (2nd egg was missed in tubes )
May 4th - Starting Stims for second IVF Round! STICKY VIBES!
May 17th - ET 13 Eggs Retrieved only Two Fertilized due to maturity. Put Back my TWO LUCKY CHARMS!
May 31st - Its official! 559 HCG Level! Im Pregnant!
June 2nd - 2nd HCG Test we are now at 1145!! Yay it more than doubled!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search