Hi Ladies!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Mommy to Many
I'm Gabby. We have secondary infertility; I had my tubes tied in 2006. I actually conceived twice afterwards but both were lost early on. I have a lot of scar tissue and that was one of the main reasons we opted for the tubal. The other reason was my husband. We've been foster parents for some years and have fostered medically fragile children. We currently have no placements. That's neither here nor there. What's most relevant is the fact that both my husband and I feel like our family isn't complete and we want another baby (or two). We've discussed getting a tubal reversal but know that is way riskier and has a lower chance of conception than IVF due to the scar tissue already present. So we're here. His mind is made up and I am still researching. The funding is what is most scary but we'll just leave it in God's hands...
February 11th, 2011, 04:57 AM
Bayamount
good luck with everything and welcome abord!
February 11th, 2011, 06:03 AM
lynnette74's Avatar Super Mommy
I too had a tubal ligation done. I had it reversed and had a DD after. Then I ended up with a tubal pregnancy with my DH. I had to have emergency surgery to remove the tube. There is a risk to trying to have children after a reversal but I was able to successfully be pregnant also. It is a hard decision. I would weigh how old you are in your decision as you could loose valuable time trying if you are nearing advanced maternal age. Welcome aboard and Good Luck!!!

IVF Cycle #1
01/18/11... Egg Retrieval - 22 Eggs!
01/19/11... RE called: 15 eggs mature and of those 12 eggs fertilized!
01/21/11... RE called 7 eggs are good quality, 3 eggs are questionable, and 2 eggs didn't advance and were disgarded.
01/23/11.. 5day Transfer - 2 Embryo - Quality 1DD - No embryo's made it to freeze.
IVF Cycle #2
02/16/11... Egg Retrieval - 11 Eggs
02/17/11... RE called: 9 eggs mature and all 9 eggs fertilized!!!
02/19/11... 3day Transfer - (3) 8 Cell Perfect Embryo - No Fragmentation - No embryo's made it to freeze.
02/26/11... HPT - very light BFP 02/28/11... Beta Test - 12dpo - 20
14dpo - 31 / 16dpo - 75.3 / 19dpo - 343.4 / 21dpo - 1028 / 23dpo - 2459 / 26dpo - 5933 / 29dpo - 13643
03/10 - Saw Sac and Yolk - - 03/16 - Saw Heartbeat!!!!

Remembering my lost one 02/05/09
February 11th, 2011, 06:07 AM
adnelg775's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope your stay here is short but sweet!!

February 12th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Mommy to Many
Thank you for all of the welcomes! I just turned 29 so I am not AMA yet but he's older! LOL.
February 12th, 2011, 12:05 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!! I also experienced secondary infertility, but never had my tubes tied. I am 31 and my dh is older. I just did my first round of IVF in November and got pregnant (after years of ttc with other medical assistance). I hope you also get pregnant right away from IVF!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search