April, May, June IVF

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2011, 09:46 AM
brynnkelley04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Creating another thread to see who is on the IVF train for April, May and June.

Now that April is almost here and the 9 month stretch is going into 2012 it's time to get started on the Happy New Year Baby.

Who's coming down and getting this train started for IVF April, May and June???

Brynn 30,
Rich 41, Marcus 11, Gavin 8
~~IVF #4 using Donor Eggs=BFP
~~April 18th 1st U/S=TWINS! Baby A 128bpm Baby B 124bpm

March 9th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Veteran
Hi! I hope to be May or June I am scheduled to meet with my doctor tomorrow and find out when I can since I had the ectopic back in December! I am so excited for round #2!
Started TTC in June 2008
First RE appt. March 2009

Oct. 2010 - 14 Eggs Retrieved and 6 Fertilized with ICSI
November 4th - ET put back two Blasts!
November 16th - BFP!!!!!
December - M/C Lost Heartbeat
December 31st - 2nd Misscarrige with Ectopic Egg (2nd egg was missed in tubes )
May 4th - Starting Stims for second IVF Round! STICKY VIBES!
May 17th - ET 13 Eggs Retrieved only Two Fertilized due to maturity. Put Back my TWO LUCKY CHARMS!
May 31st - Its official! 559 HCG Level! Im Pregnant!
June 2nd - 2nd HCG Test we are now at 1145!! Yay it more than doubled!
March 11th, 2011, 02:51 PM
I had my ER today. Definitely not doing a ET. Hoping to do an FET in May.

Brynn 30,

March 13th, 2011, 01:59 PM
momma S's Avatar Super Mommy
HI all, I am Sheri and I will be joining you ladies if that is okay! We have done 9 IUI's, BFN, did IVF last March, BFN, nothing to freeze. We have one son who is three that was conceived on our 2nd IUI... wish it was that easy this time around! We are giving IVF another try with a new and better clinic. AF just started this weekend and we will be doing testing mid March and starting lupron CD 21 of this cycle if all looks good. I have to get blood drawn on Monday for FSH, AMH and E2. I am nervous for the FSH and AMH... I have never had my FSH taken, which is weird I know. My AMH was 1.19 last Feb. We want to do the package deal with 3 fresh and as many frozen as you have and if it doesn't work you get 80% of your money back. I have a bunch of tests I have to pass to qualify though. I have been taking DHEA for about 5-6 months now and have seen improvements in my antral count so hoping for other good numbers as well. I only had 11 antral follicles for my IVF last March and had 23 for my IUI in Feb of this year!!
March 13th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Hello all,

I will be getting IVF done the first week in May it sounds like. This is my first time and I just started my medication on March 10... This is such a crazy process and I wish us all the best!

Regards, Beth
March 13th, 2011, 07:57 PM
akicequeen02's Avatar Super Mommy
I have lurked a lot in this board, particularly the Jan, Fed, March IVF group. We have an IVF consult on the 23rd and are hopeful we will have a cycle ASAP. We have never been pregnant, I have endometriosis and hubs has some male factor. My endo was treated with Lap almost 2 years ago followed by a lupron treatment 4 months later. I am hopeful it is still undercontrol and wont effect the IVF. We have done a couple IUI's, last one was over a year ago- both BFN. We thought of doing another but just don't think we will see success with that. We have perused adoption a little- have a completed home study but just difficult making a choice. Haven't had a phone call about a baby yet so decided it would be worth a shot at IVF.

I am 26 and DH is 32. We live in AK and the only person who does IVF in AK lives 3.5 hrs away from us. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Tiffany
March 14th, 2011, 05:48 AM
Veteran
I was in the jan feb mar group and had a BFN after my first IVF so we will be doing a FET I'm guessing the end of April. Don't go back to see the RE until the 28th to get the new plan in place.

Cycles 1-12 all BFN's. Going straight to IVF per RE advice.

February 2011 IVF
2.24.2011. Retrieval 16 eggs! 15 were mature and 12 fertilized!
3.1.2011. Transferred 2 blasts!!
3.2.2011. 4 "beautiful" blasts on ice
3.11.2011. IVF #1 unsuccessful

5.20.2011. FET BFP!! 82
5.23.2011. 83
5.25.2011. 130
5.27.2011. 168 devastated
5.31.2011. 293 (saw sac on u/s)
6.3.2011. sac not growing m/c confirmed

9.2011. Planning another FET
March 14th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Veteran
Hi ladies!

I'm pretty much a lurker but wanted to join this board because the hubby and I are about to start our first IVF cycle. I had my mock transfer last week and my last day of BC is set for 3/21. We'll go in on the 22nd for blood work and an ultrasound and then start meds a few days later. I wasn't sure if I should join this board or the Jan/Feb/Mar but I figured since the ER, ET and 2WW will be in April this would be the best place to be.

Just a little history on me - We've (me - 30, DH-36) been TTC since Nov/2008 with no BFPs. I've had 6 cycles with clomid and 1 IUI cycle with injectables. Back in Sep/2010 I had a lap which confirmed moderate endometriosis. Based on that my RE wanted to go straight to IVF but I was pretty much terrified. I still am but so excited to get this cycle started.

I'm looking foward to getting to know all of you!!

Hopeful - I'm so sorry that your IVF wasn't successful - I had been lurking over in the Jan/Feb/Mar board so I've been following your progress. Hopefully you'll have a new plan soon.

Kelly

Kelly(30) and DH (36) TTC since Nov/08 with endo

IVF Schedule:

3/2 - start BC
3/18 - mock transfer and sonohystogram
3/22 - baseline bw and us
3/25 - 4/4 - stimming
4/5 - Lupron trigger
4/7 - Retrieval (12 eggs retrieved - 9 fertilized)
4/13 - Transfered 1 perfect day 6 hatching blast
4/22 - Officially Pregnant! hCG - 53.7
4/25 - hCG - 196
4/28 - hCG - 847
5/2 - hCG - 2526
8/1 - We're having a little boy!!!! EDD 12/29/11
March 14th, 2011, 02:03 PM
GREAT! I'm glad to see there are people doing IVF and FET in this group.

Keep'em coming ladies. The more the merrier

Brynn 30,

March 14th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Veteran
Hi Kelly I'm Meg and thank you for your support and "stalking" me lol. We have similar situations as I have endo also. Although we went straight to IVF due to my ovaries are beind my uterus attached to it with endo. So they thought my tubes would never pick up the egg on their own since they are not exactly near each other. Yes my first IVF did not work. I was/am heart broken. This is a very emotional journey. But I have 4 babies on ice and am getting excited each day to try again. I won't know anything until the 28th until after I talk to the RE again but I am going on Wednesday for an ultrasound so I can get back on the BCP. Look forward to getting to know a new group of ladies!

Cycles 1-12 all BFN's. Going straight to IVF per RE advice.

February 2011 IVF
2.24.2011. Retrieval 16 eggs! 15 were mature and 12 fertilized!
3.1.2011. Transferred 2 blasts!!
3.2.2011. 4 "beautiful" blasts on ice
3.11.2011. IVF #1 unsuccessful

5.20.2011. FET BFP!! 82
5.23.2011. 83
5.25.2011. 130
5.27.2011. 168 devastated
5.31.2011. 293 (saw sac on u/s)
6.3.2011. sac not growing m/c confirmed

9.2011. Planning another FET
March 15th, 2011, 06:12 AM
~April04~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~April04~ Send a message via MSN to ~April04~
Good Luck Ladies!! I won't be cycling until July but will be following you guys

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggie!

March 15th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Hi Everyone!

I got some of my bloodwork back today.

FSH-9.96
LH-4
E2-49.8

We are trying to qualify for a shared risk program for IVF and my FSH has to be under 9 to qualify. I am also 34 so the clock is ticking... Now they are going to look at my other tests and see how well or not well I do on them to see if I qualify. I was beyond scared to see what my FSH was... oh well, nothing I can do now.
March 15th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Veteran
Hi Ladies! I am so excited to have so many ladies to follow! I just got my results from my HSG back and they found one small pollup and they want to remove it before we start the 2nd round of IVF. So I will be doing an operative Hysterscopy in the end of March/First of April and then can move on to our IVF in May!

I was really hoping for a clean result so we could move on to IVF #2 this month...but they want to be safe than sorry...so I will have to be patient just a bit longer.

Beth, looks like you and I will be on the same timeline for our IVF! I wish everyone on here the best of luck! It can work! It did for me on round #1....just so happens that one of the little eggs decided to plant in the wrong spot and caused an ectopic! But I know this time we will get it right! Good Luck Ladies!
Started TTC in June 2008
First RE appt. March 2009

Oct. 2010 - 14 Eggs Retrieved and 6 Fertilized with ICSI
November 4th - ET put back two Blasts!
November 16th - BFP!!!!!
December - M/C Lost Heartbeat
December 31st - 2nd Misscarrige with Ectopic Egg (2nd egg was missed in tubes )
May 4th - Starting Stims for second IVF Round! STICKY VIBES!
May 17th - ET 13 Eggs Retrieved only Two Fertilized due to maturity. Put Back my TWO LUCKY CHARMS!
May 31st - Its official! 559 HCG Level! Im Pregnant!
June 2nd - 2nd HCG Test we are now at 1145!! Yay it more than doubled!
March 15th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Hello Ladies,

I have PCOS and my husband has a low sperm count. They started me on metformin on Friday as well as 2 other medications. I am 26 and my husband is 29 and we have been TTC since September of 2009. It took a long time to finally get the answers we needed to start this process and find a good doctor for us. We live in MO so fortunately we have several of doctors that are really close, we hope we found the right one!

Good luck! I am so glad I have found people to talk to about this process and I am glad we are all in in the same boat around the same time.

Thanks, Beth
March 16th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Veteran
So I'm trying to figure out where everyone is in there IVF schedule is I should be starting my stiming meds on 3/24 or 3/25 (I can't remember right now). Is there anyone here that will be cycling with me??

IVF Schedule:

3/2 - start BC
3/25 - 4/4 - stimming
4/5 - Lupron trigger
4/25 - hCG - 196
4/28 - hCG - 847
5/2 - hCG - 2526
March 16th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Jacquie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm hoping to be starting in June, but I will stalk you guys even if I can't. I am doing IUI March and April and then wanted to move to IVF in June. I have to pay an initial fee to be on the IVF waiting list and I'm not sure how long the wait typically is, so it may not happen right away in June for me.
TTC #1:
5/20/05:
5/27/05:
5/28/05: miscarriage
08/27/05:
08/30/05: miscarriage
01/15/05: misdiagnosed with PCOS
08/29/06: first appt at fertility clinic (was already pregnant with dd and didn't know it)
08/31/06:
05/16/07: DD was born

TTC #2:
11/13/09: let's try again!
03/10/10: tests with new OB - everything totally normal for DH and I, no indication of pcos; officially diagnosed with "Unexplained Infertility"
04/21/10 - 10/13/10: 7 unsuccessful rounds of clomid with OB
11/13/10 - 14/23/11: 3 unsuccessful IUI's with clomid at fertility clinic
07/27/11: ER for IVF - retrieved 27; 17 were mature enough to fertilize; all 17 fertilized; 11 made it to day 3 embryos; 6 made it to day 6 blasts. Transferred 1, froze 5.
08/08/11: positive hpt!
08/13/11 - 08/20/11: positive blood test (186), but cramping and bleeding. 2 days later, blood at 275; 2 days later, blood at 21. Inevitable miscarriage.
10/13/11: start suprefact for first FET
March 18th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Veteran
Well ladies, today the hubby and I met with our nurse to go over all of the meds and the timeline of things and OMG!!! What an insane amount of drugs! It's a bit overwhelming but I am so ready to get this thing started. My doc is starting me on some higher doses becuase I didn't respond too well to the gonal-f for my IUI which of course means I'll be taking a lot of each drug.

The hubby even got some instructions on how to give me the trigger since I won't be able to do that myself. When I saw that needle I was definitely a bit nervous since its so much longer than the sub Q needles. I thought it was pretty funny that once they decide I'm ready to trigger the nurse will actually draw a circle on my butt of eactly where he'll have to stick the needle. Haha!

How's everyone doing??

IVF Schedule:

3/2 - start BC
3/25 - 4/4 - stimming
4/5 - Lupron trigger
4/25 - hCG - 196
4/28 - hCG - 847
5/2 - hCG - 2526
March 18th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Junebride- I cant imagine what the meds schedule looks like- hopefully will know this week. I like that they are going to mark the trigger spot for DH, I am sure that will be a moment to remember! lol

AFM- I went to my dr to pick up medical records to take to my IVF appointment that is coming up on wed. I have been doing fine getting ready for the appointment, hotel arrangements and overall not as anxious as I thought I would be. Then I looked at my dr's notes about our fertility and I knew DH had male factor, but really didnt think it was that big of a deal- like could be a problem but not the main problem. Anyways in her notes it says she is referring us for IVF with ICSI due to "severe male factor." I was shocked... no one has ever verbalized "severe" to me about DH. Really I almost lost it right there. WHY she have us doing IUI if it was that bad?!? She was going to have us do another IUI last summer but I put the breaks on that. I don't know. I guess at this point it doesn't matter but just shocking to see those words in writing.

Tiffany
March 18th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Tiffany- I have my IVF appointment on Wed as well!! If all looks good I will be starting lupron on 4/1. What were your DH's #'s, do you know? My DH also has not so great sperm. After the wash it is usually about 10-20 mil with 30-40 motility and 1% or less for morph. But, with that said I got pg with our son when it was 32 mil after wash and 2% morph, don't remember the motility. Sometimes the guidelines they follow for how they judge sperm is quite strict.

Question for everyone...

What have you done so far for your upcoming IVF cycle?

When do you start your meds? BC or lupron?

When do you think you are starting stims (follistim, repronex etc)?

Why are you doing IVF? What are your medical issues?

Just looking to see who is matching up for months! I am getting excited, scared and nervous!

What have you done so far for your upcoming IVF cycle? I have my disease testing done, FSH, LH, E2, and AMH done. Consult, u/s, mock transfer on Wed.

When do you start your meds? BC or lupron? April 1st if all looks like a go.

When do you think you are starting stims (follistim, repronex etc)? AF was a few days late the last time I was on lupron, so I am guessing I will start stims around April 11th.

Why are you doing IVF? What are your medical issues? DH has male factor, low morph and motilty isn't always so great. My FSH is 9.96, I need a high dose of meds to get my eggs growing!
March 19th, 2011, 10:23 PM
I did look back at DH records. His numbers were fine just low motility at 45% and lower morph at 15%. I didn't think that was too horrible but whatever. Another thing that frustrates me is that they have mentioned urologist but never said yes he should go asap. Urg...

What have you done so far for your upcoming IVF cycle? Not much. Had plans of being super healthy going into my appointment- then a last min vacation to Mexico and instead of loosing 5 lbs I gained 5 . Working on being on top of my vitamins and back on my workout schedule until I am no longer able to do that.

When do you start your meds? BC or lupron? Will know on Wed hopefully! I started my cycle on Friday so I am assuming it will be late april? Not sure.

When do you think you are starting stims (follistim, repronex etc)? ???

Why are you doing IVF? What are your medical issues? Severe endometriosis for me and apparently significant or severe- whatever MF for DH.

Tiffany

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search