Hi girls Introducing myself.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
My name is rebecca. I'm 35 years old DH is Maurice he is 36. I'm from Ireland...

We decided to start trying before we got married. So we started ttc#1 in June 2008. So its coming up on our 3 year mark.
After 6 months we went to the dr to see what the problem was. I didn't want to leave it to long because of my age.
Maurice's S/A came back perfect. So I had all the usual blood tests done. I had my 1st Laparoscopy in september where they found a lot of Endo and a cyst on my right ovary and my left tube was very badly twisted and damaged.
So 6 weeks later I had my 2nd Laparoscopy on the 8th of October 2009 our 1st wedding anniversary. So that morning I got flowers and then surgery... They removed as much endo as they could and removed the cyst and removed my left tube.
After the surgery they gave me an injection to bring on the menopause so while I was healing the endo wouldn't come back. God I had the worst hot flushes while in menopause.

I also had a smear (pap) done where they found very high levels of pre cancer cells (cin 3). I had 2 colposcopies and 3 leeps done. I was so scared. I was just waiting for them to tell me I had cancer...
Thank god after the 3rd leep they tested again and I got the all clear.
We got the go ahead to ttc again and we started our 1st IUI cycle with injections. But I only had follicles on the left (no tube on left) and they said it could work but I didn't want to waste money on a long shot so that cycle was a bust.
We tried IUI again with injections this time I had 2 on my right side so I was excited this was the 1st really chance we had in years. But it was a bfn... 3rd IUI was the same with injections and a bfn.
We couldn't afford to try again and waste money that could go towards IVF, so I was put on clomid and regular scans. 1st cycle bfn, 2nd bfn, 3rd bfn, 4th bfn.
So I had a little mini melt down & decided I needed a break while we wait for our IVF appointment so we have been trying on our own since christmas.

I got the call that we have our 1st IVF consultation on 11th of May. It's in Dublin which is 5 hrs on the train from us. It will be my 1st time meeting the RE and I know that they will want to redo all of out tests again so I'm guessing we will have our IVF in August. I'm hoping it'll be earlier.

I'm really not sure what question I should be asking him so girls if ye have any advice for me then jump right in.
I'm looking forwrad to getting to know all of ye and reconnect with the girls I've met before. Good luck to everyone and lets hope & pray that the summer of 2011 will be our year.

[SIZE="3"]

May 24th, 2011, 08:38 PM
oneday42
how did you consultation go? What did they say?
May 25th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Well after 9hrs on the train up and down to Dublin can I just saw I'm shattered and my A** is gone numb lol.
We got up at 3:45am and left for Dublin at 5am. We got to the hospital by 10 and only had to wait a half hr. It was very bust so I thought we'd be there for ages. We were called in and met one of the Dr's (not the main guy) But she was lovely. She spent ages with us. She went through all my medical history and all we have been through and she was very sympathetic. Then she went through Maurice's history. She examined me and said everything looked good.
She then left us in the exam room while she spoke to the other Dr. We were waiting about 20min, When she came back in she explained that I have to redo all my blood test because it has been over a year since they were done and Maurice has to redo his SA. I asked her if there was any way I could do my CD 3 and CD21 at home and send them to Dublin as it's such a long journey for me she said NO PROBLEM. So she gave me lab work and bottles and a padded envelope to send them in.
Then she said the wanted to do general blood test on us both HIV etc... she said it was just routine. So we went to the lab Maurice gave his blood and I was next. I told the nurse I had bad veins but she said don't worry she usually works on prem babies. So she started and could not find a vein. she was looking and looking. she was so surprised they were so small. She found one and started but half way through my vein collapsed. So she tried again and again and again after the 4th time she gave up all my veins kept collapsing.
She said if I want to I can post mine up with my CD3 blood. (my friend is a Dr and she is the only one who gets my blood 1st go)

Anyway we went back to the Dr. She explained that we have to go to an info meeting which is on at 7:30pm on the 30th May. So we booked a hotel she said it will give us all the info we need and all our questions will be answered at it. I asked her if we could do Maurice's SA the next day seeing as we were going to be in Dublin so thats booked and also the next day we have or appointment with the counselor. They give each couple a psych review before IVF.
After that we have a wait.... Because we are going public (which is free) there is always a waiting list. So our next appointment after that to speak with the Dr is 28th of September. They he will give us our plan for the IVF which will follow on the next cycle.
I really don't mind the wait because at last we have a plan in place. And it gives me another few months to work on my health and weight.

[SIZE="3"]

May 25th, 2011, 07:04 PM
oneday42
wow, sounds like it was a busy day. Good that you have the ball rolling now and now each test and appointment gets you closer to the IVF.
May 26th, 2011, 07:11 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Definately a loooong day. You are one strong woman. I'd be pulling my hair out by the end of the day.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
May 27th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Thanks girls.
We are going back up on the train again on Monday for our Info meeting so another long journey ahead of us. But I just keep telling myself it'll be worth it in the end.
I'll keep ye posted on how it goes.

[SIZE="3"]

May 31st, 2011, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briibaybee View Post
::Hello!! welcome!!! Im am new here aswell but have felt so welcome & at home here! The girls are great!! Good luck with your TTC. I go the 28th of june. My name is Brii I am a proud lesbian married women to KD. We have a beautiful daughter named Jayden who passed away in jan who we miss very much . Hope to see you around more ::
Welcome to JM and our little family. I have very close friend that are a married lesbian couple and are pregnant with there 1st baby. I'm delighted for them.
So sorry to hear about Jayden. I'm sure she with you every day :hugs:

Here is my update:~

Well I went up Dublin yesterday with DH. We had our info meeting last night about IVF and we learnt a lot. I have to admit I was shocked to see so many couples but it did feel as if we were not in this alone.
So this morning Maurice had his SA and then we had our appointment to speak to the councilor which went really well. She was delighted to hear I had such a strong support group with all my friend / family and of course my online friends.
So after our chat she said The Dr is free now if we want to see her. I said But we don't have an appointment with her till the end of September so she said well her appointment canceled if we wanted to see her so we did.
She was so nice. She went through everything with us step by step and answered all my questions. She said they would do a Dummy Transfer 1st because I have a tilted cervix so they want to be sure.
So she said that on day one of my NEXT cycle to ring and make an appointment for around day 14 for Dummy run.
Then on the next cycle we can start our pre scan 4 days before AF and start injections then on day 2.
So that means we will be starting our IVF cycle end of July. instead of end on November. I'm so excited. I can't believe I could be pregnant by August and if that Dr wasn't free today we would have been waiting till Sept to see her then 2 cycles of test.
She said we have a good % chance because of DH SA and my egg reserve is good. So girls thats my news. I'm really tired after our long journey (4hrs on the train each way) but I'm really Happy.

[SIZE="3"]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search