Has anyone thought about IVF abroad?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2011, 06:30 AM
I have been TTC for more than a year now...I am looking into infertility treatments, but they all seem so expensive. I'm trying not to stress too much (because that does no good especially when ttc), but I was wondering if any of you have had IVF or other treatments in different countries?

I've heard a lot about medical tourism lately, and I'm curious to hear experiences from real people before I consider it for myself.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! <3

Lola
May 7th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
Hi Lola.
When you say abroad where do you mean? What part of the world are you in?

I'm asking because I'm in Ireland and I have looked into IVF in Spain and Poland.
We are going to try IVF in Ireland 1st and then probably Spain next year if we need to.

[SIZE="3"]

May 11th, 2011, 03:14 AM
I've heard great things about infertility treatments in Cyprus (which is an island off the coast of Turkey) and even India. I'm thinking about Cyprus as my top choice...you should look into it as well.

I found this information online at Where is My Docotr. It's been a great resource for me while I've been researching IVF treatments abroad. I would highly recommend checking out this site. Also Visit and Care is an online service that will set you up with the best clinics, and I've personally talked to their staff. They are experts and so helpful.

I am still weighing my options, but if you are looking for other possible alternatives, I would definitely say to check both of those places out.

I wish you all the best with everything!
May 19th, 2011, 09:46 AM
In March, I did IVF in the Czech Republic in a small town named Zlin. It was my first IVF and it worked! Do you have any specific questions?

I did OE (own egg) IVF with ISCI, but donor egg and sperm are possible too. I was gone for 23 days and the total cost including hotel and airfare was just about $7k, but I searched for deals and was tight with my spending. Let me know if you want more info!

~Adrienne

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search