July IVF

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Super Mommy
It has been a long and draining day. We are on schedule to do IVF around the beginning or second week of July. I am excited, but really had no idea what all entails this entire process.

Good news of the day.....DH's SA........86 million!!! His "boys" were great! They are doing a DNA analysis, but that won't be back for quite some time.

I will be starting birth control pills tomorrow so that I will not grow any follies. I will also be starting baby asprin, so that my lining will be good, and a thyroid pill as my TSH levels from today were a little high. I joked with DH that maybe my weight gain was from that thyroid and not from me eating whatever I want!! After I am done with the bcp I will hopefully be able to start the injections for stimulation around June 24th. After that.......the retreival, the fertilization, and hopefully implantation!!!!

Bad news of the day.......depends on how you look at it.......we won't be making a trip to visit the in-laws at the beginning of July.....we are out quite a bit of $ as we already bought plane tickets. I am trying to get out of it and get our money back, but it is not looking too promising. I did buy the trip insurance, but it excludes......you guessed it......fertility treatments! Don't they know how expensive this is!?!?!

Anywhoooo......I am feeling good and feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders as we are moving forward and not spinning our wheels!

Any cycle buddies out there????

TTC #1 since August 2009

DH=42.......SA's off the charts!!!
Me=33........unexplained
One year on our own=BFNs
Clomid+BDing (4 months)=BFNs
IUI #1 Feb. 2011=BFN
IUI #2 Apr. 2011=BFN
1st RE appt.=May 2011
1st IVF cycle June/July=delayed due to OHSS concern
10 Snowbabies!!!!!!!
1st FET Oct. 2011=BFP!!!!!!
Beta #1=1,398
Beta #2=8,032
Beta #3=14,955
11/10/11=1st u/s
WOW, two babies.........
June 6th, 2011, 06:24 PM
TTC Baby #1
I will be doing my second IVF cycle in July as well. Whenever I get AF at the end of this month I'll start BCP, then my injections as well. Good luck!
June 6th, 2011, 06:33 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Looks like the 3 of us are July'ers! I should be starting my BC pills around the 22nd of this month. I hope we all end up in the same DDC! Baby dust to all of us!

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
June 7th, 2011, 02:10 PM
I am wondering if this is going to be a start of a new IVF thread for July???

June 10th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Regular
Count me in! First FSH July 9!!
June 11th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Sweet! I have some blood work on Monday, and my next consult and consent appointment on the 27th! I still start my BC though before my consent appointment to get the ball rolling. Now I am just waiting to start my next cycle.

June 13th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Super Mommy
Whoohooo!!!! It is so nice to have others in the same boat!!!

How did your bloodwork go Lindsey?

I go tomorrow for a trial transfer. I am a little nervous about it simply b/c I have to have a full bladder. I definitely don't want to pee all over the table, but this sure will be interesting!

TTC #1 since August 2009

Me=33........unexplained
One year on our own=BFNs
IUI #1 Feb. 2011=BFN
IUI #2 Apr. 2011=BFN
1st RE appt.=May 2011
10 Snowbabies!!!!!!!
Beta #1=1,398
Beta #2=8,032
Beta #3=14,955
11/10/11=1st u/s
WOW, two babies.........
June 13th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Super Mommy
I will most likely be trying IVF attempt #2 in the beginning of July. I'm on CD 7 today and if AF shows up on schedule around CD 30, I should be starting meds around July 7th or so.
June 13th, 2011, 02:05 PM
It was just a progesterone check. It is around that time in the cycle. I am still waiting on the results. I know they wanted them repeated because last month around this cycle it was only 6 at day 20 of my cycle. So very low.

I am with you on holding in the pee. Lol. I'd be afraid of peeing too.

June 14th, 2011, 07:12 PM
oneday42
i'm going to be having my first FET in july. I call them when i get my next period and then things will get started. I really hope it works.
June 15th, 2011, 05:51 AM
Super Mommy
Good like to you mabesmom! It is so nice to have some people here in the same cycle!

Lindsey.....I really thought I was going to pee on the doctors head yesterday! I was ready to pop! He said that I had done exactly what they wanted though! I don't think it would have been as bad if they were not having problems with the ultrasound machine. At one point he is putting pressure from the inside and the nurse is pressing down from the top! I am glad it is over, but now I am a little worried about the actual transfer b/c I will have to pee afterwards if that is the case. I know you are supposed to stay laying down for a while and some people have used bed pans! That will probably be me! Did you get your results?

TTC #1 since August 2009

Me=33........unexplained
One year on our own=BFNs
IUI #1 Feb. 2011=BFN
IUI #2 Apr. 2011=BFN
1st RE appt.=May 2011
10 Snowbabies!!!!!!!
Beta #1=1,398
Beta #2=8,032
Beta #3=14,955
11/10/11=1st u/s
WOW, two babies.........
June 15th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Yes extremely low progesterone. It kind of made me low and wondering if it caused my miscarriage last year. Nothing we cannot take care of with meds.

June 17th, 2011, 05:11 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
I am new to this part of the board, but I will be at the very end of july!

Had CD3 bloodwork today and started BCP. Test transfer is the 28th and we have injection training the next day. I just hope my body responds the way its supposed to with the meds.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
June 18th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Super Mommy
Whoooohooo Kelli! I have said it many times before and I will say it again.....it is so nice to have others dealing with this as well. I think I read on one of your other posts that you are a teacher......so am I! It is a great time of the year to have all of this done. It would be extremely difficult for me to take off so many days during the school year.

I think my actual transfer will be first or second week of July. I had my trial transfer this past week.

Good luck to you and keep us posted!

TTC #1 since August 2009

Me=33........unexplained
One year on our own=BFNs
IUI #1 Feb. 2011=BFN
IUI #2 Apr. 2011=BFN
1st RE appt.=May 2011
10 Snowbabies!!!!!!!
Beta #1=1,398
Beta #2=8,032
Beta #3=14,955
11/10/11=1st u/s
WOW, two babies.........
June 18th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Hi Kelli!! My AF is due either tomorrow or Monday, so I will be starting BC also soon! It is so nice to have other girls on here going through the same things as you.

June 19th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandGeek View Post
I think I read on one of your other posts that you are a teacher......so am I! It is a great time of the year to have all of this done. It would be extremely difficult for me to take off so many days during the school year.
For sure! There is no way I could have done this during the school year. Not only the time off, but my emotions would be all over the place! What do you teach?? I am a middle school art teacher... lovely preteen children... lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyE117 View Post
Hi Kelli!! My AF is due either tomorrow or Monday, so I will be starting BC also soon! It is so nice to have other girls on here going through the same things as you.
It really is nice to have people that understand what you are going through. I got some of my meds yesterday (only part of them I might add) and I was like whoa!! I noticed in previous posts you mentioned you had low progesterone. So do I. I had a m/c a while back and my progesterone was a 3! And then I had it checked this past cycle after ovulation and it was only a 4.8. I was glad to hear that a progesterone supplement was part of this process. They gave me a prescription for the suppositories (oh joy) and an injectable oil. I will do anything to help this process!

My Art Page!
June 19th, 2011, 12:33 PM
AF started today! Yay! I'll be starting BC on Tuesday!

June 19th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Super Mommy
Yay, Lindsey! It's hard to believe sometimes that it is exciting to actually have AF arrive! ha ha

Kelli, I teach band at the high school level. I did teach middle school for a few years and really want to get back to that age. I love my kids, but high school band is a little too time consuming for me wanting to be there for my future children. It is very cool that we are both fine arts people!!!

TTC #1 since August 2009

Me=33........unexplained
One year on our own=BFNs
IUI #1 Feb. 2011=BFN
IUI #2 Apr. 2011=BFN
1st RE appt.=May 2011
10 Snowbabies!!!!!!!
Beta #1=1,398
Beta #2=8,032
Beta #3=14,955
11/10/11=1st u/s
WOW, two babies.........
June 19th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandGeek View Post
Kelli, I teach band at the high school level. I did teach middle school for a few years and really want to get back to that age. I love my kids, but high school band is a little too time consuming for me wanting to be there for my future children. It is very cool that we are both fine arts people!!!
I am for sure a fine arts person.. haha. I was a trombone player starting in 6th grade all the way through 4 years of college. I still played some after college, but not any at the moment. I need to drag that thing back out!

I understand h.s. band being time consuming though. The majority of my family are teachers.. my aunt and her husband are band directors in a really small town and they do jr. high AND high school. They are always at the school.

We have 11 teachers total in my family at the moment.. a few more are finishing college. Its in the genes! lol

My Art Page!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search