ICSI or IVF ?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
Hi ladies.
DH got his SA back and he has a SA of 32 million. I heard this is just under average. If so should I ask to get ICSI done or will IVF be ok with that count.

[SIZE="3"]

June 7th, 2011, 02:10 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
My doctor told me that it is personal preference, but in our case needed. We are going to do ICSI because he total sperm count was barely 20 million, plus he has low motility and morphology. The doctor said that she did not want to waste any eggs if they did not fertilize on their own. The plus side to our doctor is that they do not charge extra for this.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
June 7th, 2011, 03:31 PM
ttcivfma's Avatar Stephanie
We are doing ICSI they didnt tell me what the counts where but I am guessing fairly low. I just did some research and I saw that your chances are not any more then regular IVF. I know it costs more by around $1500.

June 7th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Thanks girls. It won't cost us any more. Its all cover in our medical card in Ireland. We get 3 goes of IVF/ICSI treatment free and meds.
So do you think we should go for the ICSI?

[SIZE="3"]

June 7th, 2011, 03:51 PM
ttcivfma's Avatar Stephanie
If you are worried about it I would go for it. I was happy to hear that they were doing the ICSI. It was one less thing to worry about. So I personally say go for it!

June 7th, 2011, 03:52 PM
momma S's Avatar Super Mommy
Do you know what his morphology and motility were? Usually the dr will tell you if they recommend doing ICSI or not. I did ICSI on both IVF's we did. DH usually had around 15-30 mil after wash, morphology 2% and motility around 35%. We had great results with ICSI. I almost say do ICSI if they have good success with it. If you get a lot of eggs retrieved some people do a mix of ICSI and then natural fert as well. Talk to your dr about it and see what they think for sure!
June 7th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Thanks girls.
I'm not sure what his morphology and motility are. I rang the lab today and all they said was it was ok at 32 million.
I'll ring the nurse or RE tomorrow and see what they say. Its a pity we're 5 hrs away from the clinic or I would pop in and talk to them.
We go for our Dummy transfer in 4 weeks, so I get to speak to them face to face then.

[SIZE="3"]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search