July, August, September IVF

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2011, 04:53 AM
Jenn in DC's Avatar Super Mommy
Starting an IVF thread for July, August and September. Who else is getting ready for an IVF cycle in the next three months???

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
Cycle #13 - 15= IUIs with Clomid & Gonal F - All BFNs
Cycle #16 -21 - Natural Cycles, started acupuncture and chinese herbs - BFN
Cycle #22 - IVF Clinical Trial. Cycle Cancelled.
Cycle #23 - Minimal Stimulation IVF #1 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen on Day 3.
Cycle #24 - Mini-IVF #2 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen as expanded blasts on Day 5.
Cycle #25 - Mini-IVF #3 - 4 eggs retrieved (two mature and 2 immature), one egg made it to blast and was frozen. Five snowbabies in all!! Hysteroscopy.
Cycle #26 Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP and then miscarriage
Cycle #27 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP!!
Due Date: July 20th
Aven Robert Born on August 4th
June 20th, 2011, 05:08 AM
I thought it might be nice for people to post their TTC stories here to start this thread so tha we can get to know each other...

I'm Jenn. I'll be 36 next month and DH will be 45. We have been TTC for 2 years. Some of you already know my story from the previous months' IVF thread but I'll recap for those who don't know.

After two years of TTC and three failed IUIs, DH and I decided to move on to IVF. We applied for and were accepted into an IVF clinical trial in NY. The research is comparing traditional IVF with minimal stimulation IVF (less meds). We were in the “traditional IVF” group and my body did not respond well to the medications so I was kicked out of the trial. We were told that the mini IVF might work better for me. We decided to return to the clinic as regular (paying) patients and try the mini-IVF. Because you are taking less medication, they get fewer eggs at retrieval. The theory is that these eggs are of better quality because there wasn’t as much medication used. We got two eggs during our first cycle and both fertilized, grew for 3 days and were successfully frozen. We decided that we would like to get a few more eggs because we would like to have some frozen for what will hopefully be additional children in the future. The clinic basically has a “buy two rounds of IVF and get the third for free” deal so we decided to do three rounds. During my second round, they get two more eggs. These were grown for 5 days and both successfully frozen. We just finished our third cycle last week and have two more eggs that are growing (today is Day 4). We expect to have our first transfer in mid to late July.

I would love to hear everyone else’s stories! I can’t wait to see all the BFPs on this board over the next few months!!!

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
Cycle #23 - Minimal Stimulation IVF #1 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen on Day 3.
Cycle #24 - Mini-IVF #2 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen as expanded blasts on Day 5.
Cycle #25 - Mini-IVF #3 - 4 eggs retrieved (two mature and 2 immature), one egg made it to blast and was frozen. Five snowbabies in all!! Hysteroscopy.
June 20th, 2011, 07:08 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Well hello everybody! Here is my TTC story:

I have 2 children from a previous abusive relationship. He abandoned us while I was 4 months pregnant with my second child. Honestly it was the best thing that ever happened to us. It gave me the strength to be a good mother and work hard for our future. Well, 5 years ago I met the most wonderful man ever who put up with me and my distrust in men, plus he adored my children more that I ever though anyone could. They even started calling him daddy. We married almost 3 years ago, and although I thought I would never want to go through a pregnancy again (I was alone throughout my last 2 and even drove myself to the hospital in labor alone with my daughter), something just felt so right with him. He even adopted my children from my previous marriage.

We have been TTC for 3 years and 2 months now. We did finally get pregnant on our own last year, but that ended in an early loss. It was devestating. It took us so long to get pregnant on our own too. So fast forward to testing and what not, and we decided to go the IVF route after we found out my husband has a very low sperm count. I am excited and also scared to death that this will not work and we will not have a child together. This is pretty much our last option. We get 2 rounds and that is it.

Anyway, I start my BC and my antibiotic tomorrow (they told us why, but I seriously cannot remember). My hubby has to take them too. Something about good and bad bacteria in the body??? Anywho, if all goes well, then we should transfer sometime around July 20th!!

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
June 20th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Hi Lindsey. It's wonderful to hear your story! Thank you so much for sharing. I am also thinking that I may transfer around the 20th if everything goes according to plan.

I also re-married almost 3 years ago. I don't have any children from my previous marriage but I know what you mean about finding a truly wonderful man after a bad marriage and wanting to have a child with that person. It just feels so right with DH.

I hope we are both celebrating our BFPs soon!!

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
June 20th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Jenn that would be awesome! We could be due date buddies!!!

June 20th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Super Mommy
Here is my story:

I am Angie (33). DH (42 in a month) and I have been ttc for almost two years. We did the whole trying on our own for an entire year. I did the OPKs and sometimes would never get a positive read. After the year was up we went back to my OBGYN and he ordered tons of tests and discovered that I do not ovulate regularly. (I would never have known that without all of those tests. ha ha) DH's SA came back normal. We were put on clomid (50mg) and told to try for 3 months and if I didn't get pregnant to come on back. After my first cycle on clomid, I did have a blood test and it did confirm that I had ovulated. Fast forward three months and I was still not pregnant, so back to the doctor we go and we are good to go for IUI's! I stayed on 50mg and had an ultrasound.....surprise!....it was vaginal!...didn't see that coming at all! Left the doctors office with tears b/c I had a lot of little follies, but nothing big enough to do anything with. I went on that day and started on 100mg and another u/s in about a week. Fast forward two failed IUIs and that brings us up to the RE that we are now seeing. We had more bloodwork and DH had another SA (normal again). I wanted to get things moving along so now we are here at IVF. I take my last BCP tonight and have more bloodwork and u/s on Friday. I am tentatively scheduled to start injections on Friday as well. Then, retrieval probably around the second week of July and transfer maybe the third week of July.

I thought I had been doing pretty well....handling everything......until DH told me tonight that I was very negative and snappish towards him. I then, retorted back that he had been insensitive last week about some of his comments. Some things he just doesn't get......in his mind he thinks he is being supportive, but it doesn't come out that way.

I look forward to getting to know more of you along the way!

TTC #1 since August 2009

DH=42.......SA's off the charts!!!
Me=33........unexplained
One year on our own=BFNs
Clomid+BDing (4 months)=BFNs
IUI #1 Feb. 2011=BFN
IUI #2 Apr. 2011=BFN
1st RE appt.=May 2011
1st IVF cycle June/July=delayed due to OHSS concern
10 Snowbabies!!!!!!!
1st FET Oct. 2011=BFP!!!!!!
Beta #1=1,398
Beta #2=8,032
Beta #3=14,955
11/10/11=1st u/s
WOW, two babies.........
June 21st, 2011, 12:20 PM
I officially started my meds today! Well BC and antibiotics. Still... Plus my appointment is next Monday! Then I have my med appointment on July 5th to go over all my meds. I am freaking out!

June 21st, 2011, 02:05 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
Lindsey I think we are close to the same schedule! I went to the seminar last night and our trial transfer and consent appointment is on Monday also! I started my BC this past Friday and we start antibiotic tomorrow when DH gets home from work.. they wanted us to start together.

I will update with my story later... don't have the time!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
June 21st, 2011, 02:31 PM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
Hi girls I'm excited to be joining ye. I love reading all yer stories. I'm praying we all are celebrating together very soon.

Here is my story:~
My name is rebecca. I'm 35 years old DH is Maurice he is 36. I'm from Ireland...

We decided to start trying before we got married. So we started ttc#1 in June 2008. So its our 3 year mark.
After 6 months we went to the dr to see what the problem was. I didn't want to leave it to long because of my age.
Maurice's S/A came back perfect. So I had all the usual blood tests done. I had my 1st Laparoscopy in september where they found a lot of Endo and a cyst on my right ovary and my left tube was very badly twisted and damaged.
So 6 weeks later I had my 2nd Laparoscopy on the 8th of October 2009 our 1st wedding anniversary. So that morning I got flowers and then surgery... They removed as much endo as they could and removed the cyst and removed my left tube.
After the surgery they gave me an injection to bring on the menopause so while I was healing the endo wouldn't come back. God I had the worst hot flushes while in menopause.

I also had a smear (pap) done where they found very high levels of pre cancer cells (cin 3). I had 2 colposcopies and 3 leeps done. I was so scared. I was just waiting for them to tell me I had cancer...
Thank god after the 3rd leep they tested again and I got the all clear.
We got the go ahead to ttc again and we started our 1st IUI cycle with injections. But I only had follicles on the left (no tube on left) and they said it could work but I didn't want to waste money on a long shot so that cycle was a bust.
We tried IUI again with injections this time I had 2 on my right side so I was excited this was the 1st really chance we had in years. But it was a bfn... 3rd IUI was the same with injections and a bfn.
We couldn't afford to try again and waste money that could go towards IVF, so I was put on clomid and regular scans. 1st cycle bfn, 2nd bfn, 3rd bfn, 4th bfn.
So I had a little mini melt down & decided I needed a break while we wait for our IVF appointment so we have been trying on our own since christmas.

I had our 1st IVF consultation on 11th of May. It's in Dublin which is 5 hrs on the train from us. It was my 1st time meeting the RE.
We had our info meeting 30th May about IVF and we learnt a lot. Next morning Maurice had his SA and then we had our appointment to speak to the councilor which went really well. She was delighted to hear I had such a strong support group with all my friend / family and of course my online friends.
The RE then went through everything with us step by step and answered all my questions. She said they would do a Dummy Transfer 1st because I have a tilted cervix so they want to be sure.
My Dummy Transfer is booked for Fri 1st July CD13 then I wait till the next cycle and go for a pre scan before AF which will be early August.

We will be going for Antagonist Protocol. Because we live so far away we have to book into a hotel for the week or for how ever long it takes which is going to work out very expensive for us but it will be worth it.
I'm starting acupuncture next week which I'm excited about.
I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone over the next few months

[SIZE="3"]

June 21st, 2011, 02:59 PM
Kelli- Where in Texas are you? I am in the Houston area and I go to Dr Schnell in Webster.

Rebecca- I am sorry that you have been through so much. I also had a LEEP to remove precancerous cells 3 years ago. It was sooooo scary! It only took one for me, thank God.

June 21st, 2011, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyE117 View Post
Kelli- Where in Texas are you? I am in the Houston area and I go to Dr Schnell in Webster.
I am going to CORM also!! But I am going to their office in Beaumont... I am from Nederland. We will have to go to Webster for the procedures though. Its a few hours away, but its no big deal. I am actually seeing Dr. Sims. When I was referred there by my OBGYN I called and set up my appointment and she asked who I wanted and I said it didn't matter!

I really like them and the way they do things. I was so happy to meet one of the endocrinologists (sp??.. I think that is what you call him) at the seminar and it really made me feel a lot more comfortable. I am really excited about July!

My Art Page!
June 21st, 2011, 07:52 PM
Ok I guess time for my story!

My name is Kelli and I am 29, will be 30 in August and DH is 30 and will be 31 in August (can't believe 30 is right around the corner!) We have been married almost 4 and a half years

When I was younger I had crazy cycles.. never knew when AF would show and I would have 2 months between cycles sometimes. I was put on BC just to regulate it.

DH and I decided to TTC a little over a year ago. As soon as I quit BC crazy cycles came back. I started using OPKs and found out I didn't ovulate normally... CD23 on a good cycle all the way up to CD38. I did manage to get pg. in November but it ended in m/c. My OBGYN decided that he didn't want to waste precious time so he sent us to the RE.

Did all the tests.. obviously I have ovulation issues and DH we found out has really low everything from his SA. He did several SAs and one after he was on a fertility vitamin and it showed numbers went up, but still not great.

Our RE said the IUI would be like rolling the dice if we happened to get a good sample or not. With DH's numbers he didn't think our chances were worth using time and money.. and also with our insurance we have a lifetime max on everything. He said the best chance for us was IVF that way it was more controlled. I was really not sure about it at first, because its a big step. But DH said lets go for it, so here we are!

I have had people tell me that we should wait longer... or try harder. And that we haven't been trying long enough. Its very frustrating because they don't know what our issues are. My ovulation won't improve without medication.. so if that was the only problem then great! But its not. DH's issues won't improve more than the have with the vitamins. Yes I could keep trying for year after year, but nothing will change.. sorry for that vent, but you guys are the only ones that seem to understand...

But I AM really excited about it and I find this whole process interesting and amazing. I can't wait to follow everyone's progress and I am hoping and praying for BFP's!

My Art Page!
June 22nd, 2011, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelbert View Post
I am going to CORM also!! But I am going to their office in Beaumont... I am from Nederland. We will have to go to Webster for the procedures though. Its a few hours away, but its no big deal. I am actually seeing Dr. Sims. When I was referred there by my OBGYN I called and set up my appointment and she asked who I wanted and I said it didn't matter!

I really like them and the way they do things. I was so happy to meet one of the endocrinologists (sp??.. I think that is what you call him) at the seminar and it really made me feel a lot more comfortable. I am really excited about July!
I loved the lab guys too! He explained things so well. We literally live right down the street from the clinic in Friendswood. We might have to get together if you are ever interested. Hopefully we will both get pregnant at the same time.

Anyway, I love your boxers too. We have 2 dachshunds and a pit bull. The dachshunds run the house and the bully is just along for the ride.

June 22nd, 2011, 01:09 PM
How is everyone today?? It is too quiet!

June 22nd, 2011, 03:13 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Just wanted to say I'm cheering for all of you ladies! Reading your stories brings back so many memories...some not so great, but the good FAR outweighs the bad I will keep all of you in my prayers, and I hope that you have BFPs waiting for you at the end of your cycles!!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

June 22nd, 2011, 05:13 PM
Thanks Melissa! I must say that everytime I see your daughters smile I want to smile. It is adorable!

June 22nd, 2011, 05:42 PM
TTC Baby #1
Well, I'm starting my 2nd IVF run & I'm nervous & excited & worried since the first one did not work. My Re has put me on the Lupron Flare protocol which is a lot more meds than the last time. AF came skidding in yesterday so I started my BCP last night. I have my schedule, but not in front of me. It's looking like ER & ET late July/early August.

Wishing all of us BFP's & truckloads of Baby Dust!
June 22nd, 2011, 06:30 PM
Carol- I am also taking Lupron, but doing a mini Lupron session, whatever that means. Lol. I am just of BC for now. I have my appointment next Monday to discuss everything. I am going to ask about my meds then. Baby dust to you.

June 23rd, 2011, 05:19 AM
Carol - I'm so happy to see you back here! I was just thinking about you.

Melissa - Thank you for the well wishes.

Rebecca - Your dummy transfer is really soon. You must be so excited to be getting started. I know this has been a really long and frustrating journey for you.

Angie and Kelli - welcome! It's nice to get to know you both a bit.

Lindsey - you are getting so close to starting your cycle - how exciting!

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search