September / October / November IVF

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2011, 11:45 AM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
Just wondering if there is any cycle buddies for me??? My husband put a little ticker app on my phone counting down until October 1st. It's 69 days now. I am soooo excited. I will start Bcp around the end of August. Early September. Just wondering if anyone else will be cycling with me

Last edited by *Melissa*; September 14th, 2011 at 10:28 PM.
July 24th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Super Mommy
Oh, me, me, maybe me!!! lol

I will be doing a frozen transfer, so we might be right around the same time! I am on CD8 and whenever AF arrives I will be calling and beginning the process. From the timeline that I was given it is very similar to what I already went through, just less shots.

Yay!!!! Glad to have someone with me!!!

TTC #1 since August 2009

DH=42.......SA's off the charts!!!
Me=33........unexplained
One year on our own=BFNs
Clomid+BDing (4 months)=BFNs
IUI #1 Feb. 2011=BFN
IUI #2 Apr. 2011=BFN
1st RE appt.=May 2011
1st IVF cycle June/July=delayed due to OHSS concern
10 Snowbabies!!!!!!!
1st FET Oct. 2011=BFP!!!!!!
Beta #1=1,398
Beta #2=8,032
Beta #3=14,955
11/10/11=1st u/s
WOW, two babies.........
July 24th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Cool!!!! I am on cd 7 !!! I am using soy right now ( mostly just to regulate m cycle and hope for a miracle) our only issue is my pcos. I have "lean pcos" which basically means my only issue is funky lh that keeps me from ovulating. It sucks! We will probably start stimming October 1st. Yay for cycle buddies!!!!!
July 30th, 2011, 12:52 PM
KatieBeth138's Avatar Veteran
I may be joining you. I'm not entirely sure when I'm starting based on what my Dr. said. Probably September. I'm waiting for AF (on CD 30, but she's shown anywhere from CD34 to CD 53) then will start BCP. I'm not sure how long the process is after that, but my doc said our earliest is probably September.
August 3rd, 2011, 08:47 PM
Regular
I'm in the same boat. Just waiting for new af to start, then I'll be on bcp. Glad to know there are others on same cycle!!
10/11 IVF 1 - bfn
12/11 IVF 2 - bfn
1/13 IVF 3 - chemical
3/13 - IVF 4 - ectopic, on my ovary!
8/13 - IVF 5 - just transferred 2 embryos!
August 4th, 2011, 12:40 PM
I'm feeling cramps today. Hopefully that means AF will arrive tonight or tomorrow and I can get on BCP and start this whole process!! I've never wanted AF so badly before. Haha.
August 7th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Has she shown yet Katie????? I hope so!!! I am on cd 21 an will probably start in 10-15 days. I think they willl also have me on bcp once she comes!!!! So excited, girls!!!!!
August 8th, 2011, 05:28 AM
Hey Melissa - got it yesterday! Just called the Dr. and I have an appt. for 3:15 today for a baseline ultrasound.
My only concern at this point is that ever since I went off bcp last April, my period is very scant when it shows. And the first day or two is basically just spotting. So I hope I'm giving them an accurate start date. Do you think the start would be when the spotting starts or when a slightly heavier flow starts??
August 8th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Yay for AF and an appt. They usually want a full flow for cd 1 with the bright red bleeding. At your u/s they will be able to tell if your flow is enough by looking at your lining. Worst case scenario they will put you on provera to get you a better flow before stimming. Let me know what they say!!! I can't believe you're already starting!
August 8th, 2011, 10:31 AM
LanasMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I may be in this group with an IVF procedure in September. Waiting to get accepted into a free IVF trial if I am accepted the process would start in August but the actual transfer wouldn't be until September. If I don't get accepted. My process with my RE at home would probably start in September and the actual transfer would happen in October, so we shall see.

to all

Me: 30 two blocked tubes
DH: 30 Perfectly healthy
TTC #2 since April 2009
August 8th, 2011, 10:59 AM
My concern is that most cycles I never get bright red blood. My regular ob/gyn said that's ok, I just don't know how it will effect when to start stimming. Also, do you know how long after the baseline u/s and bcp I'll start with the stimming? I know my appt is in 1.5 hrs I'm just so anxious! =)
August 8th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Welcome LanasMommy!!! Hope you are excepted soon!!!

Katie, this will be my first IVF too, but I have done several IUI's with injectables. I have always started stimming CD3 . At my consult he said I would stim for 8-10 days, then administer the trigger, then comes the egg retreival. It doesn't really matter how much you bleed normally, but I am sure if you are investing so much in a IVF cycle, they will want you lining to be fresh for the process. So at your baseline, it may show that you still have some lining that needs to be shed and the simple solution is provera. OR you maybe ready to go!!!! can't wait to hear how it goes!!!

Crystal- has AF showed up yet?

Bandgeek- what is new with you??? I haven't heard from you in awhile!
August 8th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Super Mommy
Hey! I am here, just still waiting on AF to show. I am hoping within the next week or so she will show. I am not regular with out meds so who knows!?!? I am only doing a frozen transfer, but I think some of it is similar to a regular IVF cycle.

Katie-When I did my first IVF cycle I took bcp for about 15 days, then I had about 4 days of nothing and then started my shots. I was told that I may or may not have a period after I got off the bcp. I did have one, but it only lasted about 2-3 days. So, I don't know if it really matters or not. I guess each doctor is different. How was your appointment today?

I am very excited for all of us!!!

TTC #1 since August 2009

Me=33........unexplained
One year on our own=BFNs
IUI #1 Feb. 2011=BFN
IUI #2 Apr. 2011=BFN
1st RE appt.=May 2011
10 Snowbabies!!!!!!!
Beta #1=1,398
Beta #2=8,032
Beta #3=14,955
11/10/11=1st u/s
WOW, two babies.........
August 8th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Hey all. Appointment went well. They weren't concerned about my lack of bleeding and said things looked good. They'll call me with blood test results tomorrow and I'll start on the BCP. Next Tuesday I have an appointment for a sounding, which apparently is basically mapping out the path to the uterus. I'll be on BCP for 20 days (Aug 29th) then the next day my husband and I attend the IVF class. That Friday (Sept 2nd) I start injections! The next week I've got 3 u/s appts just to monitor how everything's going.
I'm so excited that I might be pregnant by the end of September!!
August 8th, 2011, 08:14 PM
YAY! Glad it went well! It's happening so fast for you!!!!! WOO HOO!!
August 9th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Just got the call from the dr's office with the bloodwork results and was given the go-ahead to start with bcp tonight! Also had to schedule a hysteroscopy for next week, the day after the sounding. I'm so excited! (and anxious!).

Melissa - when is AF due for you? Next week? Keep me updated!
August 9th, 2011, 12:10 PM
I am not totally sure (PCOS) but most likely in 10-12 days. Then I think I will be starting BCP and spending the month of September doing my pre IVF testing )

YAY for the go ahead!!!
August 9th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Super Mommy
Awesome Katie!!!! It is always nice to get things moving!

TTC #1 since August 2009

Me=33........unexplained
One year on our own=BFNs
IUI #1 Feb. 2011=BFN
IUI #2 Apr. 2011=BFN
1st RE appt.=May 2011
10 Snowbabies!!!!!!!
Beta #1=1,398
Beta #2=8,032
Beta #3=14,955
11/10/11=1st u/s
WOW, two babies.........
August 10th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Hi everyone!

I am a little of head of you all but will hopefully have our first retrieval and transfer in Sept.

I am on CD 14 of my BCP and just gave MYSELF my first Lupron injection!!! I am so proud of myself I didn't want to be tied down to only being able to do it when DH was home. It wasn't as bad as I thought!!!

RE has everyone go on antibiotics for a week before stims and I have never been sicker in my life!!! Puked up breakfast hoping tomorrow goes better only 3 days left!!!

Wishing good luck and positive vibes!!!

Libby
August 10th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Libby- That is so exciting!!!! I cannot wait to hear about your experiences, and cheer you on to your BFP!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search