How many Eggs will you transfer?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2011, 07:19 AM
LanasMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I see a lot of people are gearing up to transfer or at least their next step is transfer.

How many eggs will you transfer? Did your doctor decide for you or were you able to decide?

to all

Me: 30 two blocked tubes
DH: 30 Perfectly healthy
TTC #2 since April 2009
July 25th, 2011, 10:40 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
We transfered 2 today. It is up to you how many you transfer, but remember that most clinics have a limit to how many they will transfer based upon your history. 2 was our limit. They do not want anymore Octomoms.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
July 25th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyE117 View Post
We transfered 2 today. It is up to you how many you transfer, but remember that most clinics have a limit to how many they will transfer based upon your history. 2 was our limit. They do not want anymore Octomoms.
Congratulations!!!! I didn't know you were transferring today. How are you feeling? I know you said you were in a bit of pain.

I cannot wait to hear your results.

I want to transfer the maximum allowed without be octomom. I am just so worried something will go wrong and we will blow our shot. I was so confident IUI would work and after 3 4 failed procedures, I want to be extra precocious.

I'm so excited for you :-)

to all

TTC #2 since April 2009
July 25th, 2011, 01:15 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
There are professional standards and guidelines that your doctor will follow, and many times the max for a young, healthy couple is 2.

How many to transfer is a very personal decision and there is no number that is right for everyone. It is also wise to wait and see how many embies you have and their grades before you make a final decision.

Before we started our cycle, DH and I thought we would transfer one embryo, and instead we transferred two based on the recommendation of our RE and our fear of failure (one of those embies is Claire). It is a tough decision...good luck!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

July 25th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Yeah are embies were good and of good grade. In fact they were are the point where you could see the cell clusters for the fetus, placenta, and amniotic fluid. Our maxium amount allowed was 2, so we did the maximum based upon the recommendation of our doctor. I hope at least one sticks!

Oh and I am still hurting due to the OHSS, but I will just take it one day at a time. I stayed in bed until 12:30 (transfer was at 7: 30 this morning) and I only got up to pee. I got up to sit down at the table to eat lunch and then my hubby helped me up the stairs and I have been either laying down or sitting on the couch watching TV or playing on the computer.

July 25th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Super Mommy
When we finally transfer we plan to transfer 2.

TTC #1 since August 2009

DH=42.......SA's off the charts!!!
Me=33........unexplained
One year on our own=BFNs
Clomid+BDing (4 months)=BFNs
IUI #1 Feb. 2011=BFN
IUI #2 Apr. 2011=BFN
1st RE appt.=May 2011
1st IVF cycle June/July=delayed due to OHSS concern
10 Snowbabies!!!!!!!
1st FET Oct. 2011=BFP!!!!!!
Beta #1=1,398
Beta #2=8,032
Beta #3=14,955
11/10/11=1st u/s
WOW, two babies.........
July 25th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We did 3, because it was all we had. It didn't make sense to attempt to freeze the 3rd when it was only a 5 cell embryo on day 3 anyways, so we just put them all back in instead of letting it die in the lab.

July 25th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Veteran
Our clinic standards for egg donor (my wife age 33) and gestational carrier (me age 37) is 2 to 4. Dr. says he will decide on day of transfer, probably 2. He said he would only put more than 2 if we agreed to selective reduction to 1 or 2, but selective reduction doesn't occur until beginning of second trimester and I am afraid I will have bonded too much to let one go and risk the others. Since we have plenty of embryos from my over fertile wife (27 eggs fertilized overnight!), I think we will agree to 2 and if neither take then we will keep on trying (although my bum might want a vote in that one!). We are not opposed to twins, although 2 plus our two daughters (adopted age 4 and 6) would require 2 new vehicles!
July 26th, 2011, 06:10 AM
This is our last shot at conceiving. DH and I always wanted 3 or 4 children we already have one child, so I figured in order to get our wish of 3 or 4 children we'd have to transfer more than one for the best chance. But this is it, this is the last leg of the journey for us, if this does not work I'm getting my tubes tied and we'll just be parents to one beautiful daughter which is just fine, but I really wanted our daughter to have a sibling. I grew up with three older brothers and 2 younger sisters I could not imagine going through life without them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lash View Post
We did 3, because it was all we had. It didn't make sense to attempt to freeze the 3rd when it was only a 5 cell embryo on day 3 anyways, so we just put them all back in instead of letting it die in the lab.
I haven't gotten through all of these posts yet, but when do you find out if they take?

to all

TTC #2 since April 2009
July 26th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanasMommy View Post

I haven't gotten through all of these posts yet, but when do you find out if they take?
They did not take. Poor thing. I believe she is going for her 2nd round of IVF, but I could be mistaken. The link to her blog is in her signature.

July 26th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyE117 View Post
They did not take. Poor thing. I believe she is going for her 2nd round of IVF, but I could be mistaken. The link to her blog is in her signature.
Oh wow I'm so sorry...I did not know. I thought she was speaking from a recent transfer (as she's still in the 2WW)

Terribly sorry

to all

TTC #2 since April 2009
August 10th, 2011, 05:52 PM
We will do 2 since I am under 30.... It's OK I am scared at the thought of 2 as is....
August 19th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Veteran
Well, I have chosen to do two if it is a 3 day transfer, but only one if it is a 5 day transfer. However, if this cycle isn't successful, then I may push for two on the 5 day as well. If we move into FET, then definitely 2.
August 19th, 2011, 11:51 AM
KatieBeth138's Avatar Veteran
We're going to go for 2 as well.
December 7th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Sweetpea79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My doctor will only do 2 I guess that is best though

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search