Dec/January/February IVF/FET!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2011, 01:59 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I am not trying to take away from the other thread or discourage anyone from still using it...just thought I'd start a thread for the next group of girls!

I guess to start we should introduce ourselves, our schedule, etc.?! Who is with me?

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

Last edited by KMH; December 8th, 2011 at 09:16 AM.
November 2nd, 2011, 03:14 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
I am glad you started this one! I haven't posted in a LONG time, but I had been planning on doing an update. I can't wait to have an actual DATE for my FET.

I didn't feel right posting in the other thread because it wasn't time for my FET yet and I couldn't keep up! I thought about starting a December group and so I am glad you did it

AFM:
My name is Kelli. We did IVF in July and we transfered one embryo.. it was successful but ended in m/c and D&C. We have 3 frozen and I HOPE for a transfer in December. I had to wait a bit after the D&C and had more blood work done.

I go back to the doc on Monday, November 7th for all my test results and I am hoping for good news. They did genetic testing on me and DH and I hope all of that is ok.

I still haven't had AF yet and if it doesn't show by monday he will give me something to get it started. Doc said my next cycle will be an Estrogen test run and then FET after that if all goes well!

I am really anxious to get things started. I am going to try and keep positive.. I really want all this to go smoothly and work out.

Wonder who else will join us?!?

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
November 2nd, 2011, 04:29 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Hi, Kelli! I'm glad that you're here! Sorry to hear about your loss; I hope that this time next year you are preparing for Baby's First Christmas I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on Monday!

I'm Melissa...I've been around here for quite a while. I married my high school sweetheart 10 years ago, started TTC in July 2007, and we have unexplained infertility. Our first IVF cycle resulted in our daughter Claire, who is now almost 16 months old (we transferred 2 embies). We have 5 snowbabies and are planning a January FET.

The next step for me is to start AF, which should be tomorrow or the day after. When that happens I'll call my RE to set up my official FET schedule and start BCP.

This FET is a bit unique...our embies are in the Midwest, but we recently moved across the country. I will be doing my monitoring at another RE's office here and then we'll fly back to my old RE for the actual transfer. It has the potential to be a little complicated, so hopefully everything goes smoothly. I'm just ready to get this started!

Kelli, since you are doing all of this before me, I will probably be asking a million questions

Melissa & DH

November 2nd, 2011, 07:31 PM
Melissa - Thank you! I hope it works out that way!

Hope all goes smoothly with your transfer. It should work ok since all you have to do is go there for the transfer. If you were still in the first stages and still had to do retrieval that would be tough!

I will answer any questions I can! I will be asking the doctor tons of questions on Monday. I really want to have more of a time frame. I am not sure how long if will take for AF to show if they give me something to get things rolling.

You think they will put me on BCP for the transfer?? Gah I just want this to get moving!

My Art Page!
November 3rd, 2011, 06:57 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Kelli, I'm not sure about the BCP. I know that's what my RE does, and my transfer is also 2+ months away, so I have a little more waiting than you do!

Melissa & DH

November 3rd, 2011, 08:01 AM
Veteran
Hi Kelli and Melissa - you are both familiar with my story, but I will tell a short version again for anyone new who joins us ;o)

My name is Alicia; my husband and I have been TTC since Feb. 2010. Took a hiatus from trying for about 6 months come Jan. 2011 - after tests and a couple surgeries for both DH and I, we did our first IVF cycle in July. This did succeed in a pregnancy, but ended in m/c at 7 weeks, D&C at 9 weeks. My cycle has been wonky - I am currently waiting to schedule a hysteroscopy to check the healing of my uterus, and then wait on second AF, which should arrive end of Nov.- ish. Hopefully, if things work out we can start meds for the FET in December - we have two frozen - just a matter of hoping they, or at least one survives to give it a shot.

Kelli, when I asked my clinic about the pill, he said I wouldn't need those this time around, but I am sure every clinic is different. All my meds are tablets, no injections.

Melissa - I was happy to see a thread for these upcoming months. I will still post and read up on the other one to check on those girls; everyone is so great - but this is where I truly "belong" for obvious reasons.

I wonder if Dec/Jan will be quiet months for IVF???
November 3rd, 2011, 10:31 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Yay, Alicia! Glad to see that you jumped over here!

No injections...I'm a little jealous What about progesterone afterwards...are you doing tablets for that, too? The PIO shots are really the only part of this whole thing that I'm dreading.

I'm betting it will be fairly quiet. I know a lot of couples postpone cycles until after the craziness of the holidays, and a lot of clinics close for cleaning over the holidays. The clinic where I have my embies doesn't do fresh IVF cycles from mid-December until mid-January...my FET group will be the first of 2012.

Melissa & DH

November 3rd, 2011, 05:47 PM
Hey Alicia! We are in this together again I wonder how close our schedules will be. I hope and pray this is it for all of us.

I don't think I will have do to any injections either. Doc said that I probably would just have to do the progesterone suppositories and not the PIO shots. I hope that is true! I hated those.. I will do them if I have to, but would rather not!

I think this one may be quiet too. I could see why people would wait, but I just don't want to! DH doesn't mind either.. he is pretty much whatever you want to do we will do. I saw on the calender in my doc's office they don't do any retrievals the week of Christmas.

AFM - HAPPY NEWS! AF showed up!!! SOO excited If it didn't show on its own doc would have given me meds and I really didn't want that. I am so glad ONE thing is going right so far. Maybe its a sign of good things to come.

My Art Page!
November 3rd, 2011, 05:57 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Hooray for !! Hopefully she's on her way to my house, too

Melissa & DH

November 3rd, 2011, 09:37 PM
Working mommy
Ladies! I'm so excited you guys are coming up on your next steps!

Melissa- so happy that it is almost your turn! Yay! And your pic of Claire is so great!

Kelli and Alicia-so great to see you back after your tough losses. Hoping this is the one that sticks for you

If you don't mind, I'm going to keep lurking around to see how things go for you. Sending you all loads of sticky dust!

November 4th, 2011, 08:17 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Thanks, Katie! I can't believe you are over half-way already...so exciting!

AF showed this morning I called my RE and left a message, so hopefully sometime today he'll call me back and we can make plans.

Melissa & DH

November 4th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Katie - Thank you! Glad to see you still around checking in on us I can't believe you are so close to the end!

Melissa - So funny AF showed up for both of us. Did the doc call you back?

AFM - Nurse called and said that my Doc would let me know what to do next on Monday. She said he might start me back on my Estrace on CD3 which was Sunday, but he said to wait until I see him Monday. I guess one day won't make a difference.

I just really hope that things get started and things don't get any more delayed.

RANT moment: One of my friends had baby number 3 today. I just sat and cried because here I am cramping and bleeding on CD1 of my period and they are with their new baby. I want this so bad and its just not fair we have to try this hard.

I want to be NORMAL... have sex get pregnant.

My Art Page!
November 4th, 2011, 08:48 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Nope, my RE didn't call back today. It really isn't a big deal...my FET is still more than 2 months away and the next step is to start BCP which doesn't need to be done asap. Still, I was hoping that he'd call today so I could do some planning this weekend Oh well...I guess I just have more to look forward to on Monday!

I'm sorry you had a rotten day after hearing your friend's news, Kelli...I know what you mean. It is hard to see other people build their families so easily and naturally. I hope that in only a few short weeks, you'll have your own happy news to share

Melissa & DH

November 6th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Melissa - Thank you. I went to see them at the hospital Friday. I actually did ok.. Its weird that I am ok around babies, but not around pregnant women.

Hope you hear from the doc tomorrow!

AFM - I see the doc tomorrow at 9. I will be getting all my blood results back.. including our genetic testing. I am nervous but I am having a good feeling about it.

My Art Page!
November 6th, 2011, 07:18 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Can't wait to hear the update, Kelli!

Melissa & DH

November 7th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Veteran
Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Had my hysteroscopy this morning, and it was painful. Bad cramping and then I broke into my typical panic attack. They were only able to snap two pictures before they had to stop because I felt so faintish. Even with the two pictures, tissue scarring was seen.

Since the tissue would have to be removed anyway, she stopped the procedure, she felt it would be better for me to be alseep moving forward. She figured when they went in for the removal, they could look at anything else they needed to, etc.

The part that made my day crappy was the doctor calling me this morning and giving me my options. #1 have the surgery ASAP to remove the tissue, or #2 wait a couple more cycles to see if it goes away on its own to avoid the surgery. The doctor has seen scar tissue go away on its own after waiting a couple cycles. He would prefer to wait with me, since having the surgery could just cause more scarring, etc.

This of course totally bums me out since now we are pushed back another month. I was thinking we would be getting ready for a transfer next cycle and now I have to wait two, which brings us to January. First cycle in July, and not another go at it for another six months????????????? REALLY??????????? Time just keeps passing us by and I hate it.....

Sorry girls - bad day on my end ;o(
November 7th, 2011, 10:04 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I'm sorry, Alicia...that really stinks all the way around. No need to apologize, either...we have all had crappy appointments that really bum us out.

Melissa & DH

November 7th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Alicia - Don't apologize! We all know how frustrating some of these appointments are. I also feel like all I am doing is WAITING and I am so tired of it. I almost had a melt down in front of my nurse today because being so sick of waiting and one thing after the other. I am sorry you had some scar tissue but I hope it doesn't affect anything!

AFM - Got all my test results back and our gentic testing results were NORMAL. YAY! The only problem was from my blood clotting tests. He said I have one issue that affects not producing enough folate (sp?) and then another issue that may balance it out because it may produce too much. (Who knows?!) SO the doc gave me a prescription for folic acid and told me to start taking baby aspirin again. He said if I had too much it wouldn't hurt!

I did find out that my transfer may be later than what I thought. I am doing the estrogen trial run, then they have to start a period to shed my lining and then start AGAIN for the transfer. AND they aren't doing transfers around Christmas.. like almost TWO WEEKS they won't do any. I know they need a break for holidays, but I will be waiting even longer. TIRED of waiting...

My DH told me just take it as it comes.. no need to worry and stress because it won't make it come any faster. He is right but WAH!

My Art Page!
November 7th, 2011, 01:34 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Wahoo, Kelli!! So glad to hear that things looked good with the testing and that a few tiny pills are all you need to make sure you are as ready as can be!

Infertility is definitely a lot of hurry-up-and-wait. It seems like a million things have to go just right for something to happen...here's hoping we are all cycling before we know it!

Melissa & DH

November 8th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMH View Post
Infertility is definitely a lot of hurry-up-and-wait.
This is TOTALLY correct. We have all done this! It stinks! <--- this makes me LOL!

AFM:
So I am back on lots of pills again.. here is what all I am taking:

Estridol 3X daily (estrogen)
Prenatals with DHA
Calcium Supplement
Foldgard 2X daily (Prescription folic acid)
Low Dose Aspirin

The last two are for a problem he found with the last blood tests. Something I have doesn't produce enough folic acid, so he said the pills should help all that. He said it was a very minor issue

How is everyone doing?! I know there are really only 3 of us doing stuff... so far!

My Art Page!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search