Log In Sign Up

FET - How many should we transfer?


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
November 9th, 2011, 12:08 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,659
I am in need of some advice from you guys!

For those that don't know my story we did IVF back in July. We transfered one embryo which resulted in a BFP, but then I had a m/c. I had to have a D&C and had to wait a cycle and now we are on the estrogen trial run.

So I have been waiting for start my FET and excited its almost here, but now DH and I can't agree on this issue. I only have 3 frozen left and DH and I are not in agreement on how many to transfer. I want to do two and he wants to do one. This all depends also how many make it through the unfreezing process of course.

He does NOT want twins. I really don't either, but I would be OK with it. But I don't want to go through this process multiple more times if I can help it.

The doc said I have one 6 day blast which means it has already started to hatch.. he said those can be more sensitive than the others. And I have one that is A quality and another that is BB.. I wish I could remember the details.

Does anyone that has been in this situation before have any suggestions or advice?!
__________________
"Sometimes all you can do is not think. Not wonder. Not obsess. Not imagine.
Just Breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best."


Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy


My Art Page!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
November 9th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 243
Hi Kelli - I responded on the Dec/Jan board for ya ;o)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
November 9th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Jenn in DC's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 953
Hi Kelli. You know that my situation is very similar to yours. We just did one again and so far it looks like it may have worked. Mine was also starting to hatch. The doctors said that since I already got pg from my last transfer that my chances this time around were pretty good.

It's such a personal choice though. Good luck to you as you make a decision.
__________________
My History
Jenn in DC=39 DH=48
Started TTC #1 July 2009
Summer 2010 - Three IUIs with Clomid & Gonal F - All BFNs
Winter 2011 - IVF Clinical Trial. Cycle Cancelled.
March 2011 - Minimal Stimulation IVF #1 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen on Day 3.
April 2011 - Mini-IVF #2 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen as expanded blasts on Day 5.
May 2011 - Mini-IVF #3 - 4 eggs retrieved (two mature and 2 immature), one egg made it to blast and was frozen. Five snowbabies in all!! Hysteroscopy.
July 2011 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP and then miscarriage

November 2011 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP!! Aven Robert Born on August 4, 2012

July 2014 - Got Pregnant Naturally with Twins! Miscarriage at 9 weeks.
November 2014 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP!
Beta #1 12 DPO = 45
Beta #2 14 DPO = 118
Beta #3 21 DPO = 3,451
Reply With Quote
  #4  
November 9th, 2011, 01:55 PM
KMH KMH is offline
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: right of center
Posts: 19,203
I also responded in the Dec/Jan thread!
__________________


Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

Reply With Quote
  #5  
November 9th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 113
Hey Kelli - I don't have experience with FET, but with our fresh we did two and as you know, I lost one around 7 weeks. If we chose to do FET with our leftover snowbabies, we would still transfer two because our RE's protocol includes the 4 months of injections and I am not going through another 4 months of butt shots without maximizing my chances. Although, if I only had to take pills, I might go with transfering one high quality blast.

I am realizing now how difficult twins would have been on my body if our other baby had survived. I have not taken to pregnancy as well as many other women do and my OB says that she most likely would have had to put me on bedrest for my last trimester with twins. It is such a difficult decision and I know you and your DH will make the best choice for your family. I just can't wait to hear about it!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
November 9th, 2011, 02:33 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,659
Thanks ladies for the replies! I will go check out the Dec/Jen thread in a sec

Jenn - Our situations were VERY similar. I just don't know how many they will want to thaw. A friend of ours that went to the same RE said they like to thaw them in pairs, but since we have an odd number not sure how that works.

This is such a tough decision! If our day 6 thaws and is good that may be a good one to go with. I just don't know!




Oh and Jenn I am waiting for your results from today!
__________________
"Sometimes all you can do is not think. Not wonder. Not obsess. Not imagine.
Just Breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best."


Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy


My Art Page!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
November 9th, 2011, 02:44 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoMamas View Post
Hey Kelli - I don't have experience with FET, but with our fresh we did two and as you know, I lost one around 7 weeks. If we chose to do FET with our leftover snowbabies, we would still transfer two because our RE's protocol includes the 4 months of injections and I am not going through another 4 months of butt shots without maximizing my chances. Although, if I only had to take pills, I might go with transfering one high quality blast.

I am realizing now how difficult twins would have been on my body if our other baby had survived. I have not taken to pregnancy as well as many other women do and my OB says that she most likely would have had to put me on bedrest for my last trimester with twins. It is such a difficult decision and I know you and your DH will make the best choice for your family. I just can't wait to hear about it!

I must have been typing at the same time as you! Thanks for sharing.. it really does help. As of now I am just doing pills so that is nice. I would think that if we does this FET and it doesn't work, then I could try again pretty quickly.

I just don't want to go through a m/c again. I have had two and I don't know how I would handle it again. Too many of us know how horrible it feels

The idea of twins makes me nervous too.. my cousin had her twins super early and they were in the NICU for a long time. They are both healthy hyper 3 year olds now, but it was really tough on them.

Gah this is so hard! Did I mention I SUCK at making decisions?
__________________
"Sometimes all you can do is not think. Not wonder. Not obsess. Not imagine.
Just Breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best."


Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy


My Art Page!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
November 9th, 2011, 02:52 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoMamas View Post
Hey Kelli - I don't have experience with FET, but with our fresh we did two and as you know, I lost one around 7 weeks. If we chose to do FET with our leftover snowbabies, we would still transfer two because our RE's protocol includes the 4 months of injections and I am not going through another 4 months of butt shots without maximizing my chances. Although, if I only had to take pills, I might go with transfering one high quality blast.

I am realizing now how difficult twins would have been on my body if our other baby had survived. I have not taken to pregnancy as well as many other women do and my OB says that she most likely would have had to put me on bedrest for my last trimester with twins. It is such a difficult decision and I know you and your DH will make the best choice for your family. I just can't wait to hear about it!

I must have been typing at the same time as you! Thanks for sharing.. it really does help. As of now I am just doing pills so that is nice. I would think that if we does this FET and it doesn't work, then I could try again pretty quickly.

I just don't want to go through a m/c again. I have had two and I don't know how I would handle it again. Too many of us know how horrible it feels

The idea of twins makes me nervous too.. my cousin had her twins super early and they were in the NICU for a long time. They are both healthy hyper 3 year olds now, but it was really tough on them.

Gah this is so hard! Did I mention I SUCK at making decisions?
__________________
"Sometimes all you can do is not think. Not wonder. Not obsess. Not imagine.
Just Breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best."


Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy


My Art Page!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:53 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0