Anyone believe they had IVF success due to acupuncture?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2011, 07:41 AM
MandyEllen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I called a recommended acupuncture doctor yesterday and told her that I'm starting an IVF cycle in January. She told me that I need to start acupuncture asap! I have an appointment for Thursday, Dec 15th at 1pm. That's my initial consultation and we'll design a plan to meet my needs. She said I definitely will need to come the day before and after my transfer.

I called my insurance company to see if I'm covered. I asked my RE to write me a note of medical necessity, so I'm waiting to see if she'll do that or not. Once the insurance company reviews the letter, they will let me know if I'm covered or not. In January, I can use my Flex Spending money toward it. The doctor said if I'm not covered it's $130 for the first appointment and $90 each appointment after.

My question is...Have any of you done acupuncture and think you had success because of it? I just want to be sure I'm not throwing money in the wind getting my hopes up!
7/12/13 - 16 dpo beta=825
7/19/13 - 23 dpo beta=18,870
7/26/13 - 30 dpo beta=72,091

December 9th, 2011, 07:48 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I know Jenn in DC does chinese herbs and/or acupuncture, Celry did acupuncture to achieve pregnancy naturally after many failed MA cycles, Addie (not a member of our board anymore) used it with her IVF cycle and it worked...those are just off of the top of my head. I have heard wonderful things about it!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

December 9th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Luvgreen19's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was doing acupuncture before my IUI and I believe it contributed to its success. Let us know what happens!
Round 2- 2013
Two failed Clomid cycles in May-June of 2013 followed by35 days of Follistim at gradually building levels + trigger+IUI= in August 2013!
It's a boy! DS#2 due April 28th, 2014!
Born via planned C-section April 22nd,2014 due to being breech

December 20th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Super Mommy
I had numerous failed IUI's and several failed IVF's. I started acupuncture and herbs, along with a couple of other suppliments, spearment tea and lemon water and was pregnant on my own after 5 months. I believe it contributed to my pregnancy and birth of a beautiful, healthy baby girl this past August.

The prices are comparable to what I paid. Unfortunately, none of it was covered under my insurance.

3 failed fresh IVFs, 1 failed FET
Surprise BFP in 12/10 after acupuncture & herbs!!
1 beautiful, perfect daughterl!

December 20th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Veteran
I have heard great things about it if it is something you believe will help. I used it after I got pregnant through IVF because of some complications and severe morning sickness. I am not sure if it helped medically, however it forced me to take an hour at a time to take care of myself and clear my mind, so mentally it really worked! My good friend, mama of multiples, used it before during and after pregnancy and swears by it! She even used it during labor to have a natural birth! I didn't question it because it is totally an individual thing. She did get preggers with multiples on her first IUI... might have worked too well!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search