March/April IVF/FET!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree162Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2012, 05:58 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Our Dec/Jan/Feb thread is really quite long and newcomers will probably get lost in there. Feel free to keep using the old thread as long as you like, but for the next round of IVFers, here's your thread!

P.S. I'll be stalking you

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

February 7th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Regular
Ok thanks for starting the new thread!!!

We have our appt. for next Wed the 15th to go back to our re and do our last FET with our final two embryos!

So far we have done a fresh and were blessed with a little boy who will be 3 in March, and a year later went back and did our 1st fet and blessed then again with a little boy who just turned 1 in Jan.

We have been extremly blessed that this has worked for us both times and look forward to seeing what God has in store for our next/final round!

2006- Married my high school sweetheart
2007- Decided to start trying for our first child
3 months later we were pregnant- 6 weeks later m/c
3 months later we were pregnant again- 8 weeks later m/c
Sent to a RE dr. and tried again with clomid got pregnant- Ectopic, went into surgery and came out with NO tubes, both were removed due to scarring.
3 months later started our IVF journey- Blessed with a little boy on 3/31/09
1 year later went back for our first FET and were blessed with another little boy on 1/17/11.
Feb. 15 2012- Our first appt with RE to start our final FET and transfer our final two frozen embryos!!
4/10/12- FET transferred 2 blast (3AA and 5AA)
4/14/12- 4dp5dt tested positive!!!!
4/23/12- 13dp5dt 1,246
4/27/12- 17dp5dt 7,090
IT'S TWINS!
February 8th, 2012, 05:30 AM
Veteran
Hi Ladies!!!

I just went through my first IVF cycle. Here's some info... I am 30 and my DH is 39. We've been TTC since August 2010. No luck month after month. Started seeing an RE who looked at DH's sperm count and found he has low morphology. So, he advised IVF with ICSI. I started my shots (follistim and ganorelix) on Jan 22nd and had my egg retrival (ER) on February 2nd. We had 13 mature eggs, 12 fertilized with ICSI. Of the 12 fertilized, they froze 6 immediately and left the other 6 to cleave. We wound up transferring two embryo's (one 8-cell and one 7-cell) this past Sunday (Superbowl Sun) 2/5/12 and I remained on bed rest from Sunday after the transfer until this morning). I go back to the RE tomorrow for a shot of lupron and a 3 day blood/ultrasound with a scheduled beta hcg test on Friday, Feb 17th. I am so nervous and impatient and I am so used to being let down that I feel this did not work. Looking for some advice and support, as well as to be here to help support others. Anyone on the same IVF schedule as me?

Thanks for accepting me into the group!

~D (Pennsylvania)

February 8th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Veteran
Hi Ladies - thanks KMH for starting this thread!

I have been posting in the other thread, but I think that thread could start to die down, for as some start testing they could get BFP's, or if anyone needs to try again, posting in the new thread makes the most sense.

I just started meds for my first FET - estimated transfer date is for 2/27; Since it's so close to March, I figured I will post here as well, and then should it not work, I will just keep posting here ;o)

A little history - DH and I TTC for a year, naturally from 1/2010-1/2011; I knew something was wrong - we both had test and surgeries, diagnosed with male infertility, so IVF/ICSI was recommended. Did our first cycle in July, was pregnant, but miscarried at 7 weeks. After a D&C, scar tissue dibacle (waiting 3-4 months), finally we can try for the FET, as we have to frozen embryos.

Our clinic, and alot of things talk about how FET's aren't as successful as fresh, but then I see sooooo many girls who got their BFP's this time around, mostly from an FET - gives me hope. But, at the end of the day if I have to do another fresh cycle, I am okay with that too!

Kristi - Good Luck with everything; I look forward to following your journey, you have been so blessed, it would be a nice way to end your journey to have everything work again and go smoothly! ;o)

12BA - Having 6 frozen immediately sounds really good! I hope everything works out for you - looking forward to reading your updates. I found that the process of the fresh cycle, the meds, appointments, doesn't really phase me at all; it's the waiting and the anxiety to know if it will work or not - this what I find the hardest! Trying to stay calm and positive is all we can do, but some days, that's hard and that is when we all vent here, LOL!

Looking forward many more updates girls!
February 8th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Regular
Welcome 12BA and Prendy!

Prendy- Yes, it would be perfect for it to work out again! However we have just been so lucky/blessed that it has worked on the 1st two times already that I just don't know if we will have that luck again! To me FET's are so less stressful on your body. My Dr. makes you do a "mock cycle" before the month of your transfer so I will probably not actually transfer until April!

12BA- Sending all the sticky vibes your way! Try to relax and hope for the best. Are you going to poas before you beta?

AMF- So anxious and excited to go back to my RE next Wed. and get this cycle going!!!

Sent to a RE dr. and tried again with clomid got pregnant- Ectopic, went into surgery and came out with NO tubes, both were removed due to scarring.
1 year later went back for our first FET and were blessed with another little boy on 1/17/11.
Feb. 15 2012- Our first appt with RE to start our final FET and transfer our final two frozen embryos!!
4/23/12- 13dp5dt 1,246
4/27/12- 17dp5dt 7,090
IT'S TWINS!
February 8th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
Hi Ladies!! I was posting on the other board, but will do a quick intro here too.

I am Alicia, DH is Mike and we have one beautiful little boy Mason, who just turned a year old last Saturday! DH and I tried for 3 years to conceive our little man. We did Clomid, IUIs, a fresh IVF cycle, and finally our miracle FET cycle! My RE straight up told me that the best chance for us to concieve #2 would be to try ASAP after we had Mason and were ready. Well we decided now is that time. We will be doing another fresh IVF cycle in March. My baseline U/S is March 2nd, and retreival will be the week of the 11-17. We are super excited and praying that we have an easy road to conceiving #2!

Goodluck ladies!!!

[/url]
February 8th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Regular
Hoping-Welcome! We did the samething you guys are doing. We did a fresh cycle and got my little boy Lane and on his 1st bday we were back at our re to start our fet cycle. My boys are 21 months apart. And now here we are my youngest just turned 1 Jan 17th and are going to the re on Feb 15 for our last fet cycle! Wishing you lots of luck for this cycle

4/23/12- 13dp5dt 1,246
4/27/12- 17dp5dt 7,090
IT'S TWINS!
February 8th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Veteran
Kristi and Alicia, congrats on your last successes! I wish you the best of luck on this round!! Prendy, I'm sorry about your troubles and m/c, my fingers are crossed for you this time!! Kristi, not sure if I should POAS before beta. Hubby and I celebrate our wedding anniversary 3 days before the beta so I am sort of afraid to, expecting it to be neg on our anniversary! ... I will think about it though because I am super impatient and I know waiting is the hardest! ;-)

Today I went in for 3 day post transfer blood/ultrasound. They said my progesterone was 55 and estradiol (?) was over 1,000 with lining at 15 mm and good quality. Honestly, I have no clue what hat means but they said its good. They also gave me a shot of lupron, which they say research is showing may help with implantation. I looked everywhere on the Internet for this info on Lupron and couldn't find it anywhere.
Again, they are saying it is new research. My friend who went to the same doc and is 8 mo preg with IVF didn't have lupron, so it must be really new. I go back 2/17 for BETA, freaking out, scared, expecting a BFN.

Kristi and Alicia, I love the names of your kids! Hoping Prendy and I can pick some names out soon, too!

Lastly, my whole belly feels like I did a crazy abdominal,work out. Very tight and squeezey feeling. Has anyone ever experienced that? Wondering if it has to do with anything or all of the uncomfy bedrest on my back and side. Looking fwd to getting to know you and cheering you on!!

<3 D

February 8th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Regular
12BA- All your hormone levels look great from today! I myself have always poas... I'm the most impatient person I know However did you have to do a trigger shot? If so you have to make sure that is out of your system before testing or it can give a false positive! Good luck to you and keep us updated~

And I also hope you two can pick out your names with this cycle also

4/23/12- 13dp5dt 1,246
4/27/12- 17dp5dt 7,090
IT'S TWINS!
February 9th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Veteran
Oh my goodness. I found out I have OHSS... Was in so much pain the past two nights. Crying to poor DH due to tremendous bloating and terrible back and belly pain. RE confirmed OHSS today with ultrasound revealing excess fluids and lots of weight gain. My belly is so big and full! I feel like i have bricks in my belly. Anyone ever experience this??? It started at 2-3 days post 3 day embryo transfer. How's everyone doing ?

February 10th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Veteran
I have not experienced OHSS, but other girls around these boards have. I hope it gets better for you ;o) I think one thing I have always read is to drink ALOT of liquids....

I had posted in the other thread that I had felt these weird twinges of pain in my ovary the other night, with cramps and wicked bloating. I went home, took some aspirin, laid down and it finally passed within an hour or so. I am going for blood work tomorrow morning, and was going to wait until then to talk with a nurse, but I couldn't wait that long and called the other day, LOL! The other nurse said it is common to feel those things, that it could have a cyst which is not uncommon either when on your period and taking meds, etc. She said if it happens again to call, but other wise, things should be fine.

So far so good, it has not happened again! I just freaked cause I have never had that pain DURING my period, and even when ovulating don't feel that pain. Here is to hoping it all stays fine and that a cyst doesn't get in the way of this cycle!

Happy Friday everyone!!!!!!
February 10th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Veteran
Hi Prendy! Just wanted to let you know that I'm still stalking you lady with all my fingers crossed!

Wendy
February 10th, 2012, 12:40 PM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
Hi lovely ladies!
Ccart asked me to give you guys an update on her. Her IVF failed and she just isn’t up for posting and reading the forum right now. She did, however, want everyone to know the results so you guys didn’t have to keep wondering. She will be back soon just isn’t ready yet.
Please find it in your heart (which I know you will) to say a prayer for her and DH to heal from this process.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
February 10th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Veteran
TwoMamas - It's great to see you pop-in; How are you feeling?! I think about you often! I think I have seen that you are on facebook - I will send you a private message with my name, find me ;o) I don't think we are friends on there - I want to be see that beautiful boy when he arrives, and follow-you through the journey ahead ;o)

Hope your wife and kids are doing well!

Kayakr - I am sending all my prayers her way; Thank you for updating us, we have all been thinking about her! <3
February 10th, 2012, 03:03 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
Oh no... I was so sure this time was IT for Ccart.... That just breaks my heart.

Please tell her I am praying for her and DH...
February 10th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
So sad for Ccart!! She will be in my T&Ps...sometimes things are just soo cruel!

12BA - Thank you and I hope you get to pick out names VERY soon too! As far as OHSS I have never had it, but I have heard of people that have...lots of electrolytes is one thing I know I have heard! Goodluck! I hope you feel better soon!

Kristi - We do have very similar paths!! Its nice to have people to relate to for sure! Goodluck!

Prendy - I had a similar experience after my first IVF actually...my RE said it was a cyst that ruptured... said cyst are really common from meds after IVF! Hope it doesnt happen again for you!

AFM: I am just counting down the days till my baseline.... 21 days to be exact! haha DH will be gone the 4 days before so I will be super busy with my little guy that hopefully I dont forget about it! lol Yeah right...lol

[/url]
February 11th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Veteran
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far! I am sick (again), so I have been on the couch most of the day, watching a mini marathon of the Ghost Whisperer...

I went for blood work this morning, they called back and said everything looks good. They look for estrogen to be at about 50 and mine is at 92, so whatever this all is, I guess it's so far so good! I start taking two tablets twice a day tomorrow and go back for more blood work Wednesday.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend girls =)
February 12th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Veteran
Hi ladies, thanks for the well wishes, I feel much better already. I was instructed to go for walks, sleep with my head at 45 degrees and drink Gatorade. Did the trick within 48 hrs! Prendy, feel better!!! I don't know Ccart, but I'm sad for her and she is also in my T&P. I am 6 days from taking my beta HCG, every day needs to go by so we can get there! I took a CBE digital yesterday and it was BFN. A friend of mine who is actually an IVF nurse told me I tested way too early, but I still feel it will be neg on Fri. I had my transfer on 2/5 and I tested yesterday, 2/11. Hope everyone else is doing well!!

February 12th, 2012, 08:18 AM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
12BAMommy- you had a 3 day transfer on 2/5 correct? That would would put you at the equivelent of 10 DPO today on 2/12. Getting a positive on Digi at 9 DPO is really really early! I wouldn't have even gotten one that soon and I am pg with twins! I saw a teeny tiny line at 9 dpo, but I swear it would vanish off and on. Finally at 10 DPO the line got real. At 11 DPO I took a digi and it was positive.

Yesterday was too soon, I bet either today or tomorrow, something will start to pop up!!!!! Goodluck!!!!!!!!!!!!
February 12th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Veteran
Thanks Melissa! Congrats on the twins- that is great!!!!
Yes, transfer was 2/5 . Maybe I will have the guts to take another test tomo AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search