Help! Need Dallas IVF!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2012, 01:34 PM
Hi girls,

I'm new to the board and feel very lost and hopeless. My husband and I have been trying for years and were days away from starting stim shots. We went to the dr. last Friday, only to find out I only had 3 antral follicles, one much bigger than the others. After much discussion, and complete ignorance from the dr, we decided we need to find a new clinic. We have already purchased $3800 worth of meds and are at a complete loss. We have consultations set up with Dr. Barnett at Dallas IVF (Frisco) and Dr. Escobar at Advanced Reproductive Care (Las Colinas) tomorrow. I have a very low AMH, so a doctor that specializes in this would be ideal.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Both seem to have great qualities but looking for first hand knowledge.

Thank you so much!!
May 31st, 2012, 05:05 PM
elle8's Avatar Super Mommy
I actually see Dr. Ku at Dallas IVF. He is Dr. Barnett's partner and I really like him. I have seen Dr. Barnett a couple times when Dr. Ku wasnt available and I just am not that crazy about him. Other people have said the same thing. He is really nice, dont get me wrong but he is a little snarky at times and short. I have never felt like I was in a hurry with Dr. Ku and he always takes time to answer my questions. I have always felt very comfortable with all my procedures and I loved my anesthesiologist. She even called me the night of my retrieval to see how I was doing. I also like all the nurses and the sono tech Staci. Everything seems to run pretty smoothly there.I never have to wait too long but they are busy. I have had 1 iui cycle, 1 fresh IVF and one FET with them. We got our first ever BFP with the FET this last cycle so I am really happy with them. As far as dealing with low AMH and low AFC I am not sure how good they are with that but I know their success rate is really high.We are unexplained with no known issues. I also interviewed a few other Dr.'s around town but if I didnt get my BFP with Dr. Ku we were going to go to CCRM in Colorado because their success rates are crazy high!!

Sorry if I rambled but I know how frustrating this process can be. I hope my info is helpful. Best of luck and keep us updated. The girls here at TTCMA are great form of support and have been huge for me.

Thanks ~Nicole~ for my perfect siggy!
May 31st, 2012, 08:23 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
I'm not doing IVF but I see Dr Escobar when my primary RE (Dr Le) isn't available, and I've had great experience with all of the doctors at ARCC - very caring & helpful.

Good luck to your with your consults - I hope you're able to find one you're comfortable with & confident in as you start IVF.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
June 1st, 2012, 07:06 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
I have no advice, but I know there is a poster on the main board (Lash) that has dealt with severely low AMH and did IVF in that area. If you check out her posts or PM her, I am sure she will have some good advice on doctors and clinics for low AMH.

My Blog
2006-2014 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2016

June 3rd, 2012, 10:30 AM
Friday couldn't have gone better! We first met with Dr. Escobar and couldn't have loved him more! We felt so comfortable and felt like he really listened and wanted to take a new approach to things. With a low AMH and very low baseline follicle count, I should have never been on Metformin and/or BCP. Seems we also had lacked many routine tests and were having protocol based off of 2009 readings!?!?! Dr. Escobar had fantastic protocol ideas - they do not use "cookie cutter" protocols, but tailor each one for each patient, which is exactly what I need. He was extremely pleasant, funny, and patient.

Next, we visited Dr. Barnett. Though he seemed extremely competent and intelligent, he seemed a little short and seemed to talk more than listen. I can see what you mean, snarky is the perfect description. I'm sure he is a great doctor, but not as patient and comforting as I'd like.

Of course money is always a concern, as we are paying 100% out of pocket. With Dr. Escobar being half the cost, he seemed even more appealing.

Think we've made our decision! We are slightly concerned bc he is so new and we can't find much data on HIM, but alot on the clinic. Seems Dr. Le will be very involved and hear great things about him.

Now just waiting for AF to begin to get NEW bloodwork and baseline ultrasound and if all goes well, will begin estrogen priming protocol soon! Thank you all for your comments. It really means alot!
June 4th, 2012, 08:30 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by smprice View Post
Friday couldn't have gone better! We first met with Dr. Escobar and couldn't have loved him more! We felt so comfortable and felt like he really listened and wanted to take a new approach to things. With a low AMH and very low baseline follicle count, I should have never been on Metformin and/or BCP. Seems we also had lacked many routine tests and were having protocol based off of 2009 readings!?!?! Dr. Escobar had fantastic protocol ideas - they do not use "cookie cutter" protocols, but tailor each one for each patient, which is exactly what I need. He was extremely pleasant, funny, and patient.

Next, we visited Dr. Barnett. Though he seemed extremely competent and intelligent, he seemed a little short and seemed to talk more than listen. I can see what you mean, snarky is the perfect description. I'm sure he is a great doctor, but not as patient and comforting as I'd like.

Of course money is always a concern, as we are paying 100% out of pocket. With Dr. Escobar being half the cost, he seemed even more appealing.

Think we've made our decision! We are slightly concerned bc he is so new and we can't find much data on HIM, but alot on the clinic. Seems Dr. Le will be very involved and hear great things about him.

Now just waiting for AF to begin to get NEW bloodwork and baseline ultrasound and if all goes well, will begin estrogen priming protocol soon! Thank you all for your comments. It really means alot!
So glad it went well! I love Dr Escobar too, so i'm glad you had a good feeling about him as well....I'd honestly probably just see him as my primary RE (even though I like Dr Le too, his hours are very limited since he splits time between both offices) but my OB wants me with Dr Le b/c of his expertise with RPL, so I only moonlight with Dr Escobar when Dr Le isn't available . Good luck to you with your IVF - definitely KUP on how you're doing!

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
June 6th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Hi,
New here but compelled to respond. My hubbie and I have been struggling with infertility for a very longtime and spent A LOT of money in Houston with Houston Fertility Institute. THIS IS NOT A GOOD PLACE do not go here.

We moved to Dallas after the new year and were COMPLETELY disgusted about doing any more IVF cycles. I am over 40 with a crappy AMH and everyone says DONOR eggs are my only option. We decided to check out the doctors here in Dallas before giving up.

Having done this for years I know the ropes...I checked the CDC live birth rates for everyone in Dallas.
I saw Barnett has very good rates but didn't like the conversation I had with the receptionist when I called to ask basic questions, she was just not very nice. A very bad omen when you are hoping for a warm and welcoming office and doctor.

Also with really good rates was Sam Chantilis at Dallas Forth Worth Fertility. I really like women doctors (weird i know) so I went to see Karen Lee. She is impressive on paper, very smart and VERY NICE. Great office a little far for me from Grapevine but worth the drive.

we are going to give my own eggs a try! will let you know what happens!
June 8th, 2012, 01:44 PM
elle8's Avatar Super Mommy
I have heard great things about Karen Lee. I hear what you are saying about Dr. Barnett and Dr. Ku's receptionist. After being with Dr. Ku for 7 months now I have realized that she just doesnt have the answers. She is actually pretty nice when you check out but it is a little off putting on the phone. Now I just always call the nurses when I have questions. They are so much more helpful. I am not saying Dallas IVF is perfect, its not, they have their issues and that is not the best way to start out but I can only say wonderful things about Dr. Ku and their succes rates are good. I will also say that I was with a previous RE that had a great staff but he left a lot to be desired and it was a bad experience for me. I think you just have to find who you fit with and there are some great RE's here in Dallas so fortunatley lots to choose from. Good luck to everyone!

Thanks ~Nicole~ for my perfect siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search