We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
We will be attending our IVF consultation Monday. What can I expect?
1. How long before we can aim for a transer( 7/11 was period)
2. How can I aim toward Twins?
3. What can I do to stack the odds in my favor?
4. What can I expect the standard monthly daily regiment to be for 1 cycle of IVF? How often to the docs?
DH 44 just had a 15yr reversal
I am 39
We both have 2 kids each and No MC
Took me 17m with last one.
We plan a PGD
1. How long before we can aim for a transer( 7/11 was period) Are you already on BCP? Most docs will have you do a full cycle of BCP or other suppression before your IVF cycle. I would guess you are looking at a late Sept transfer at the earliest, but that is just a guess.
2. How can I aim toward Twins? Transfer 2 embryos, but of course that doesn't guarantee anything.
3. What can I do to stack the odds in my favor?Try to stay healthy and listen to your doc. Some recommend acupuncture in conjunction with IVF. Try to keep stress low and rest after your embryo transfer.
4. What can I expect the standard monthly daily regiment to be for 1 cycle of IVF? How often to the docs? I had a baseline u/s on Day 3, and then appts every other day until the retrieval (I stimmed for 11 days). I had a Day 5 transfer, then b/w 2 days later, and betas at 9 and 11 days past transfer.
Hope that helps!
Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)
I just want to wish you the best of luck! I think most of the questions are answered since it seems like each dr and each situation is a little bit different... so just listen to the dr, stay healthy, and relax!! Good luck!