September/October IVF/FET Thread!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree66Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Marieke's Avatar Mommy to an angel
Good luck! I'm going to have my ER at the same time as you
hopingforbabymc likes this.

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

IVF #1 (september 2012): 11 eggs, none fertilized, no transfer
IVF ICSI #1 (may 2013), 1 blastocyst: (m/c 7 weeks )
FET #1 (october 2013), 1 blastocyst:

IVF ICSI #2 (april 2014): 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, 2 bad quality embryos, no transfer
IVF ICSI #2.1 (coming soon)
September 13th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
Sounds like all of your cycles are going perfect!!! I start Lupron on Monday so Im just patiently waiting for that!

September 14th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies, can I jump in? DH and I are gearing up to do our first IVF cycle. I should start BCP right around the first of October so still doing all the pre-stuff right now. Have shot training and a mock transfer next week. After more than two years of infertility crap I am getting excited!

Oh tiny bit of background: we are dealing with major male factor issues and will be using a frozen sample from DH (pre-surgery - long-story) for the IVF. I am a bit stressed because if that sample is not viable for some reason we are completely SOL on the fertility front.

September 14th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Welcome and good luck!

I had my u/s today. I have about a dozen follies. I have to go back Monday. One thing though is that the doctor said my lining looked like someone who has endometriosis He asked if I ever had a laparoscopy and I said no. No one ever noticed that! I've had a bunch of ultrasounds and no ones ever saw I could have endometriosis! What the ****???? So yeah, i have a feeling IVF #1 is screwed and it won't work because it won't attach And then they'll probably tell me to have surgery to remove the fibers I'm not happy...

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

IVF ICSI #2 (april 2014): 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, 2 bad quality embryos, no transfer

Last edited by Marieke; September 14th, 2012 at 07:52 AM.
September 14th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
Sharon - How did your ET go? How many did you transfer? Were they 3 or 5 day?

Hopingforbabymc - That is a great number of follies. When is your next scan? With my first fresh we got 18 out of 25. My second I think was 26 out of 34..... so I bet you can get lots!!!

Joanna - Welcome!! I think we will be about the same schedule. I start BCP on Friday, but am only on them for like two weeks. I am doing a frozen cycle so my transfer will be between Oct. 15-19. Have you done any injectables before? And the Moch Transfer is sooo easy! Dont stress about that! Im on #4 for us. First fresh failed. Then we did a frozen and I got preggo with twins and we lost one early...now have my 19mo son after 3 years of trying, then in March we did another fresh cycle and got pregnant, but lost the baby early again. Now on to another FET and Im hoping we get just as lucky as the last time! Did they give you an estimated transfer date?

Marie - That is sooo crazy that they have NEVER noticed or said anything before!!! I would be VERY upset! But still dont give up hope! I think there is still a good shot this IVF will work. Otherwise I would guess they would cancel at least the transfer and make you do the surgery first!

AFM: BCP start today... Then Lupron starts on Monday... I stop BCP the 23rd and have my baseline U/S the 28th. Finally starting to get somewhere.

September 14th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi guys, can I join in?

I am currently halfway through a down reg cycle. I had a scan yesterday to see if I can start FSH injections, but unfortunately the doctor found a large cyst on one of my ovaries, so I have to wait another week (with some medication changes) to see if it goes down in size, because I can't start the injections with it there.
September 14th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Good luck!

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

September 15th, 2012, 07:38 AM
*Mrs.J.2011*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Update on me! I got my IVF calendar on Tuesday. Looks like retreival/transfer could be either end of October or beginning of November! At this time I'm waiting on AF to show up, I'm on day 4 of progesterone to bring her on so hoping for next weekend! Then begins the bcp, Lupron, Pregnyl, retreival/transfer and Crinone processes!
Hopingfor1soon likes this.

Missing our little "Duckie" since 06-22-09
September 15th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Yay good luck!

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

September 16th, 2012, 05:45 AM
LindseyandJoeinAL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies! I've read through all your posts and it looks like we're going to have a lot of Oct/Nov BFPs!!! I've been through two fresh IVFs and now will be transferring my snowbabies in October. We have two frozen embryos and we will transfer one at a time. Our first transfer date is Oct 12.

I've finished my bc pills and am doing Lupron injections now. I hope you all are doing well, both physically *and* emotionally. I remember how incredibly stressful this process can be. Interestingly, I'm not that stressed now. At least not yet anyway.
TTC baby #2

lap surgery Apr 2010 stage 2 endo removed
IVF #1 BFN 11/2010
IVF #2 BFP! 12/2010
Wonderful, sweet daughter Khloe born August 2011
FET #1 - Oct 2012 BFN
FET #2 - Dec 2012 BFN
2nd lap surgery Dec 2012 stage 1 endo removed
IUI Apr 2013 cancelled due to producing 10 mature follicles
IUI June 2013 BFN
IVF #3 Sept 2013 BFN
IVF #4 Nov 2013 BFP! on 8dp3dt
Expecting boy/girl twins 8/1/14

September 16th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Hi Lindsey! Hope it all goes well

I had bad cramps on Friday but now not so much. I have another u/s tomorrow Hopefully my ER is tuesday or wednesday.

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

September 16th, 2012, 09:04 AM
hopingforbabymc's Avatar Finally Pregnant!
Alicia, we had a scan this morning and we have a total of 13 follies that are of good size. RE says he's hoping to get as many of those as he can get. Trigger is tonight and retreival is Tuesday. We're very excited!

Good luck with everything ladies!
Marieke, sending you good vibes for Tuesday!

Team BLUE!! Two precious boys born on October 28th, 2013.
Liam - 6lbs 7oz
Micah - 6lbs 10oz
September 16th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Wow we're most likely going to have our ER at the same time So awesome!! What if we end up in the same DDC!!! That would be so awesome! Going through the same thing at the same time and getting pregnant at the same time But I hope we BOTH move to the June DDC, not just one of us <3

PS: I don't know exactly how many follies I have, I'll know tomorrow, but Friday I had about a dozen

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

September 16th, 2012, 11:42 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies,

Thought I’d stop in and update everyone. Sorry, I’m just now doing this, but I’m the type of person that kind of shuts down and doesn’t want to talk about things when I’m stressed or whatever, and throughout the whole process I’ve probably been the most stressed I’ve ever been. I’m still stress, but a little less now…..anyway….here is how things went with me:

So on Sept 4, Tuesday, I had my baseline u/s and had 8 resting follies. I started stimming that night with Follistim and microdose HCG, went back on the Friday and things were looking good, still had the 8 and looked like I was recruiting more, so increased the follistim dose a little higher and continued with the microdose HCG, went back on Sunday and for some reason only 5 were growing, I had appointments daily and those 5 (3 on right and 2 on left) were looking good, except the ones on the left were a day’s growth behind the right, also had a 3rd smaller one on the left that she was hoping to wait out to see if it would catch up to the main 5, but my E2 was high so had to go ahead and trigger before it could catch up. I went to acupuncture and had him concentrate on the left side, but didn’t seem to work. On Saturday, I had retrieval….a total of 4 retrieved, but 2 were immature, and got the call today that only 1 of the mature fertilized. We are now praying this one continues to grow into our golden egg and be transferred on Tuesday.

To be honest, I’m extremely disappointed that I only have one embryo , but like everyone keeps telling me it only takes one so I’m trying to remain optimistic…but it’s so hard!

Ok, that’s enough about me….looks like so much is happening with everyone since I’ve been on here last, so glad to see!

Hopingfor1soon – I see you start Lupron on Monday...things are moving forward

Hi Joanna – Prayers everything works well for you this first cycle!!

Marieke – that’s weird they say your lining looks like someone who has endometriosis, I always thought that endo grows outside the uterus so not sure how the u/s would show it. Hoping whatever they see won’t keep your little embryos from snuggling in and making a nice home for the next 9 months! Good luck at the retrieval!

Kiam – welcome!! So sorry about the cyst…they are always so frustrating!!! Hope yours clear fast and you can move forward quickly!

Mrs J – yay for getting a calendar and seeing it all laid out for you!! Best wishes to you!

Lindsey – congratulations on your baby Khloe…she is so precious! Best of luck for your upcoming FET

Hopingforbabymc – wow 13 is an awesome number!! Good luck at your retrieval!

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE
September 16th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Thanks Aimee and good luck with your transfer

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

September 16th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Thanks! Good luck Tuesday! I hope that one is all you need!

September 17th, 2012, 07:30 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies, but I just got a call with bad news, looks like this cycle wasn’t meant to be. Even though our one little embryo is growing, it’s not growing normally so it’s not suitable for transfer, so this is the end of our first IVF cycle. I have an appointment early next month to talk with my RE and discuss what our options are moving forward. Both DH and I want to try at least one more time, but we’ll hear what she has to say.

Best wishes to all of you!!!

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE
September 17th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Hugs, I'm sorry to hear that.

September 17th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Kiam - Welcome!!! Hope the cyst disappears soon!

Marie - Cant wait to hear your exact ER date and hear how it goes!!! Goodluck!!!

Aimee - Sooo sorry to hear about your embies!!! I know a switch in meds can sometimes make a huge difference so hopefully they are willing to at least try that for you!!! KUP please!

Lindsey - I am on BCP now and start Lupron tonight! The FET process is sooo much less stressful than the Fresh IVF cycles. I LOVE FETs! haha When is your baseline? My transfer date will be sometime between Oct. 15-19th. We will be super close together! Maybe we can land in a DDC together! Are your embies 3 or 5 day freezes? Do you know what your EDD will be?

Kaleigh - You wont be too far behind Lindsey and I at all! Cant wait to hear how its going...how many days of progesterone are you on? I was just on 7 days worth and got AF 3 days after my last pill!

Hopingforababymc - I am super excited for you! Cant wait to hear how your ER goes and when your ET is!

AFM - I start Lupron tonight and am SUPER excited!!! I love when things get going. I think I have been through sooo many of these that I really dont get stressed out at all anymore... granted I am sure I will be once we have done our transfer and Im waiting for our beta!
Have any of you guys looked up what your EDD will be around? I am going to look today! How many embies is everyone thinking about transfering?

September 17th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Aww sorry Aimee

Update: Had another u/s this morning. I have about 7-8 follies ranging from 14 to 25mm. I would have expected a bit more follies to be honest, I'm a little disappointed. My ER is Wednesday and transfer will be either Monday or Tuesday

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search