September/October IVF/FET Thread!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree66Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2012, 02:13 PM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
Hey ladies!! I have been here done this many times now... going on #4. So I thought I would start a new thread for all of us in the Sept/Oct. time frame! Cant wait to get to know you all!

August 24th, 2012, 01:21 AM
hopingforbabymc's Avatar Finally Pregnant!
We're finishing up BCP and getting ready to do stims in a week or so. Got our calendar yesterday and we're looking for retrieval/transfer along the third full week of Sept if all goes well. I'm very excited to be back in the swing of things.

Wishing everyone lots of baby dust and BFP vibes!
Hopingfor1soon likes this.

Team BLUE!! Two precious boys born on October 28th, 2013.
Liam - 6lbs 7oz
Micah - 6lbs 10oz
August 24th, 2012, 11:35 AM
I start stimming in the first week of september with an ER of around 17th-22nd. I am hoping we will not have to freeze this time. This will be my 2nd full cycle. They changed my meds so I am hoping all goes well. I am getting super excited! I just can't wait for things to get rolling. Its nerve racking but I'm hoping for the best! Wishing the best for us all!!!
August 24th, 2012, 03:30 PM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies!!

Hopingfor1soon - thanks for starting this thread. Iím definitely excited to hear about your FET, hopefully Iíll have a few extra to freeze for a sibling later on down the road of lifeÖ(Iím trying to stay as positive as I can this cycle, my first, will work)

Hopingforbabymc and Thefarmerswife Ė sounds like all three of us will be right around the same time, according to my calendar, I start stimming Sept 4th with an estimated ER on the 15th, with a 3 day transfer planned.

I canít wait to follow everyoneís journey.

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE
August 24th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Tracy87's Avatar Super Mommy
I did my first round of ivf in July and so I just wanted to drop by and wish all of you ladies lots of luck!!
TTC #1 since 4/2010

LAP Feb 2012
Stage 3 Endo Removed
July 2012 First IVF Cycle

August 24th, 2012, 07:41 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
Hey ladies! I had my retrieval in July (transfer was canceled due to my #s being too high). I'm starting bcp when AF comes again, then starting a bunch of different meds (estrogen patches, etc) and then we'll be (hopefully!) doing the transfer in September.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
August 25th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Its so helpful to know that you are not alone when doing this! I'm so glad I found this site... such a relief! It is literally a count down in our house right now! I will be praying for us all every night.
August 27th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Tracy – that’s for thinking of us and adding some luck. I followed your cycle on the other thread…congratulations!

Lilsunshine – so glad things are looking good for you to be able to transfer in September.

Hi, everyone else!

AFM – I have my mock transfer tomorrow. Anyone can to share their experience with their mock transfer? My RE said it will be very similar to the HSG as far as the mild cramping and stuff. Do you all agree?

BABY BOY due June 6

Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
August 27th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
I have had two Moch Transfers done. Both were super easy and pretty painless. A tiny bit of cramping when they put the catheter in and then just the uncomfortable feeling with the clamp they use to open your cervix... Super easy and quick for me!

I cant wait to follow all of your cycles!! I have been there done that with mine... I have done u fresh cycles...one was a BFN, one was a early loss, and one FET which resulted in twins, but we lost one VERY early. My son is now 18 months as you can see! And now this will be our second FET... anyways so I get kind of bored with my cycles and super excited for all of yours!

AFM I was supposed to do my calendar today, but it got pushed to Friday because my RE had to leave early. So Friday will be the day we set a date to whether it will be Sept or October... There is a small chance it could be November, but I doubt it!

How are you all feeling about your cycles?

August 27th, 2012, 06:49 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
I'm waiting for AF so I can start the bcp! It's two days late. It's always on time...so it figures that when I really want it to be here, it's not.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
August 28th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Lilsunshine - That is how it ALWAYS works for me. I am sure it will again. lol

Aimee - How did the Moch Transfer go for you?

AFM: Just waiting patiently for my calendar. lol

August 29th, 2012, 06:25 AM
The moch transfer went well, the RE did have a little trouble inserting the sty let into my cervix, she said it was stenosed so there was a little cramping when she dilated my cervix, but fortunately no surprise with my uterus, so everything is right on schedule. My meds should be delivered in the next day or two, last BCP on Sep 3, and injectables start on the 4th. Iím trying to find something productive to pass the time, we do plan on going out of town to spend Labor Day with friends so that will help.

So far, I feel good about this cycle, but of course itís super early. I have read enough stories on this board and some of the others that I know IVF doesnít automatically mean baby, so both my DH and I are mentally preparing ourselves for the possibility of a failing but at the same time trying to keep optimisticÖitís a difficult balance to maintain.

Hopingfor1soon Ė Canít wait to hear when you start. How are you feeling about this cycle? Are you doing anything to prepare for your FET?
Lilsunshine Ė It always feels strange to say this on hereÖ.but I hope AF starts very soon for you!! How about you, what are you doing to prepare yourself?

AFM Ė Iím going to weekly acupuncture, at first I didnít like it, but the more I go the more I learn to relax and enjoy it. My RE and the acupuncturist Iím going to, work hand-in-hand together and have an option when you can have acupuncture performed in the RE clinic the day of the transfer, both before and after the procedure. Itís an added cost and more expensive than the regular acupuncture appointments. Have you all any experiences with acupuncture or thoughts about it on the day of transfer?

BABY BOY due June 6

August 29th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Aimee - Im glad there were no surprises with your uterus! Always a good thing! I didnt do any acupuncture with my first failed IVF, with my second (FET) I did accupuncture 45 minutes before the transfer (pregnant with twins lost one early), and our last IVF we did in March I had accupuncture through my RE (they just started offering it) before transfer, then he removed some needles and left others in for during transfer and then after transfer he added a few more needles. that cycle ended in an early loss but I did get pregnant again. Personally for me I think the accupuncture was a huge help for taking stress off of things. And every time I have done it I have gotten pregnant so I think its helped me!!

AFM: I am still working my butt off to drop a few more pounds before the FET. With an 18mos. little guy I am always busy so time flies by. I am really just trying to get my lifestyle back to awesome before I get this FET going! So far so good! I just cant wait for things to get moving again. lol The waiting game really really sucks. lol

August 29th, 2012, 03:33 PM
I’m almost positive I’m going to request the acupuncture before and after, I do have a hard time relaxing sometimes, so with acupuncture and the valium offered I should be as relaxed as possible without being put under.

OMGoodness, I realized that I almost made a major mistake! For some reason, I thought I took the BCP all the way up until the injectables. But earlier today I was adding to do items into my work calendar for September and realized that I’m suppose to stop the BCP on Friday, 8/31, have a 4 day break then on 9/4 start the injectables….I’m so glad I found time today to update my calendar or I wouldn’t have realized it until maybe Saturday and would have taken the pill for the day already…..ugh….that was a close one, I’ve got to be more careful

BABY BOY due June 6

August 30th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Marieke's Avatar Mommy to an angel
Joining you guys! I started Suprefact and aspirine on August 24th. I find it funny that you guys are on BCP. I live in Quebec, Canada, I guess we take different things. Suprefact is a nasal spray we take to cause menopause, basically erasing all trace of hormones.

I have my stimming scheduled for Sept. 13

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

IVF #1 (september 2012): 11 eggs, none fertilized, no transfer
IVF ICSI #1 (may 2013), 1 blastocyst: (m/c 7 weeks )
FET #1 (october 2013), 1 blastocyst:

IVF ICSI #2 (april 2014): 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, 2 bad quality embryos, no transfer
IVF ICSI #2.1 (coming soon)
August 31st, 2012, 12:33 PM
Welcome Marie!!! I got my calendar today. Transfer is set for the week of Oct 15-19 right now, but if AF doesnt show with using prometrium I will have to cycle in November. So send some AF dust my way! Lol

September 4th, 2012, 06:03 AM
Hi all….just checking in to see how everyone’s doing. I had my baseline ultrasound and blood work this morning, I should be getting a phone call in a few hours letting me know if it’s OK to start and what dose to start with…..I’m so excited and nervous.

Hopingforbabymc and thefarmerswife – have you all started stimming yet?

Hopingfor1soon – when do you start prepping for your FET? Do you have to start BCP before the FET?

BABY BOY due June 6

September 4th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Aimee - Cant wait to hear about what they decide!

AFM: I will start BCP in a week about... my Lupron date is the 17th. I am only on BCP for about 2 weeks this time though... I am just hoping AF shows up on time!

September 4th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Marieke's Avatar Mommy to an angel
Good luck!!!! I start Gonal-f Thursday!

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

IVF #1 (september 2012): 11 eggs, none fertilized, no transfer
IVF ICSI #1 (may 2013), 1 blastocyst: (m/c 7 weeks )
FET #1 (october 2013), 1 blastocyst:

IVF ICSI #2 (april 2014): 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, 2 bad quality embryos, no transfer
IVF ICSI #2.1 (coming soon)
September 5th, 2012, 09:40 AM
AHHH!!! So exciting!!!
Marieke - Did they give you an estimated retreival/transfer dates?

How is everyone else doing?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search