March/April ivf/fet

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree745Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Thank you Leah and congrats on your BFP!!! How exciting!!
MamaLeah713 likes this.
April 7th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Regular
Hi All, It's official we're triggering tonight and doing the ER on Tuesday morning!! Woohoo!! The doc has said I have OHSS, so fingers crossed that meds can help reduce estrogen and we can do ET in 3-5 days.

Anyone with experience on OHSS? If so what happened?

Thanks,
Tamara
MamaLeah713 likes this.
April 7th, 2013, 04:43 PM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
aww Tamara - I hope you feel better. My RE said something about new meds that can reverse OHSS?? Not sure what it was though. I was OHSS once but not bad and I just waited it out and had to sit the next cycle out resting my ovaries. It was during an IUI cycle.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
April 7th, 2013, 09:33 PM
J and K's Avatar Kim
Leah- Congrats on being PUPO!!! Good Luck!

MamaLeah- Congrats on BFP!

Getchen- I hope ER went well today! Don't worry about what people say on TMZ, you have a good DE and I'm sure everything will go great! If you updated on how may eggies you got I missed that...

Mommyhopes- Good luck with ER tomorrow!

Tamara- I hope trigger goes good tonight! I had OHSS too, it sucked! I drank at least one thing of pedialyte a day and it seemed to really help. I still feel my ovaries swelling sometimes and drink it a couple times each week. I drink a lot of water as well. I hope it isn't too bad for you.

AFM- I haven't been around the last couple of days, DH and I went on a mini weekend vacay and saw George Strait in Concert! I bought the tickets back in October and was not going to miss it! I was exhausted by the time we got home today. I'm pretty sure I might have missed a couple people, I hope everyone is doing well. I believe Leah asked about joining DDC, I haven't yet. I'm not sure if I will, I attempted a couple of times but once I start reading the posts I usually find quite a few posts complaining about how terrible it is to be pregnant and get annoyed (Sorry this is really negative of me). I have a friend that told me about a site that is all infertility pregnancies DDC and I joined there and posted a couple of times but not sure what I will do. I'm tired most of the time these days and barely get on anywhere. Maybe I'll cheat and join the December DDC when all you ladies get your BFPs!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Thinking of you all and you are in my prayers!
Unexplained Infertility
TTC since January 2011
Clomid February 2012- May 2012
Laproscopy and Hysteroscopy Jan 2013 (didn't find anything)
IVF Feb/March 2013 25 eggs retireved, ICSI 18 fertilized, 3 transferred on day 3, 4 frozen...

Beta #1 48.2 14dp3dt
Beta #2 457 18dp3dt

Paige Addison born 11/12/13

April 7th, 2013, 09:33 PM
J and K's Avatar Kim
Leah- Congrats on being PUPO!!! Good Luck!

MamaLeah- Congrats on BFP!

Getchen- I hope ER went well today! Don't worry about what people say on TMZ, you have a good DE and I'm sure everything will go great! If you updated on how may eggies you got I missed that...

Mommyhopes- Good luck with ER tomorrow!

Tamara- I hope trigger goes good tonight! I had OHSS too, it sucked! I drank at least one thing of pedialyte a day and it seemed to really help. I still feel my ovaries swelling sometimes and drink it a couple times each week. I drink a lot of water as well. I hope it isn't too bad for you.

AFM- I haven't been around the last couple of days, DH and I went on a mini weekend vacay and saw George Strait in Concert! I bought the tickets back in October and was not going to miss it! I was exhausted by the time we got home today. I'm pretty sure I might have missed a couple people, I hope everyone is doing well. I believe Leah asked about joining DDC, I haven't yet. I'm not sure if I will, I attempted a couple of times but once I start reading the posts I usually find quite a few posts complaining about how terrible it is to be pregnant and get annoyed (Sorry this is really negative of me). I have a friend that told me about a site that is all infertility pregnancies DDC and I joined there and posted a couple of times but not sure what I will do. I'm tired most of the time these days and barely get on anywhere. Maybe I'll cheat and join the December DDC when all you ladies get your BFPs!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Thinking of you all and you are in my prayers!
Unexplained Infertility
TTC since January 2011
IVF Feb/March 2013 25 eggs retireved, ICSI 18 fertilized, 3 transferred on day 3, 4 frozen...

Beta #1 48.2 14dp3dt
Beta #2 457 18dp3dt

April 8th, 2013, 02:45 AM
onlybygrace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
X-posted:

Hi everyone; I'm SO sorry I've been MIA for a couple of days. I just needed some time to recuperate and come to terms with stuff.

So my fertilization report on Thursday last week, was not good. Of the 9 eggs they retrived, only 6 were injected, and from those 6, only 2 developed normally.

I got a call on Friday last week to come in for my transfer (a 2-day transfer)

I was devastated! I had never even heard of a 2 day transfer!

So I went in, and they did the transfer, and they seemed really optimistic, saying that since they used IMSI, the 2 embyos were very high quality.
One was a 4 well (perfect for 2 days), and the other was a 6 cell. Both had little to no fragmentation.

Since there was no point in waiting to see which ones were best (I only had 2), I transferred both.

I spent the next few days moving between crying fits of desperation, to pleading prayer.

Then I started doing some research on 2 day transfers, and while, obviously 5 day transfers have an advantage over earlier transfers, there are studies that show NO difference in pregnancy rates and live birth rates between 2 and 3 day transfers.

In fact, some studies even show an increase in live birth rates for 2 day transfers because the embryo's are spending less time in culture medium and are back in their natural environment sooner.

I also read that some centres only do 2 day transfers.

So this research is starting to make me feel like maybe its not over yet.

I knew from the onset that this entire process was in God's hands...but I never knew the lessons would be so hard. I'm just putting all my faith into Him right now, and praying that my 2 embies are doing well were they belong.

Thank you all for thinking about me.
<3

TTC our 1st since June 2011

6 cycles of Clomid, 2 cycles injectables, 5 IUIs: ALL BFNs

IVF #1: Starting 5th March 2013 - Praying for my 1st ever BFP!

Last edited by onlybygrace; April 8th, 2013 at 05:51 AM.
April 8th, 2013, 05:25 AM
Gosh Grace - you've been busy these last few days. I am sorry more of your eggs where not of better quality. Right now you are PUPO with twins so that is what you have to focus on. I know what you mean though totally about feeling disappointed. This is in God's hands and he will take care of you one way or another - that he promises. Try and stay positive.

Sorry I am not addressing everyone believe me though - I got my eye on all of you.

me: I was also depressed for some reason all weekend. Today I feel a little better and waiting for my fert report. We had 7 eggs retrieved and only 6 looked good. Well I was also disappointed in that since last time DE had 10 eggs. Also using a donor I really thought we would get more. I know I know it's the quality that is important if 6 are of quality then that is plenty of babies! We've been praying a lot as well and really that's the only thing that makes me feel better. lol Sorry - I am not trying to be to religious for those of you who are not interested - but it's true.
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
April 8th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakr View Post
me: I was also depressed for some reason all weekend. Today I feel a little better and waiting for my fert report. We had 7 eggs retrieved and only 6 looked good. Well I was also disappointed in that since last time DE had 10 eggs. Also using a donor I really thought we would get more. I know I know it's the quality that is important if 6 are of quality then that is plenty of babies! We've been praying a lot as well and really that's the only thing that makes me feel better. lol Sorry - I am not trying to be to religious for those of you who are not interested - but it's true.
I know exactly how you feel. everyone was telling me 9 eggs were great, but I could not help but feel dissapointed.

Its not that I was ungrateful, believe me I was very thankful we got any,but IVF is such a numbers game, and I wanted insurances.

DH and I kept saying that we wont have any more children if this IVF is successful, so I was SO worried about the ethical dilema of having frozen embies...I actually prayed about it before the transfer and asked God to give me only what I need.
I guess this is my answered prayer!!!

Also dont mean to push religion on those not interested, but for me, I could NOT have made it through these past days without my faith.

Hang in there Gretchen. Praying hard for a good fert report for you!
*Leah*, bbm0128 and MamaLeah713 like this.

April 8th, 2013, 06:33 AM
My complete fert report is down below on main board.

7 retrieved 6 only good
3 fertilized. 2 with ICSI and 1 without.
1 without ICSI is a little behind and may not make it. 2 with ICSI are looking good.

Not the numbers I was looking for to say the least. Specially using a 25 year old donor. I thought the donor would insure we had extra frosties incase this cycle didn't work.

This IVF stuff is NOT for the weak! Such an emotional rollercoaster.
cassthomas852 likes this.
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN

Last edited by kayakr; April 8th, 2013 at 06:37 AM.
April 8th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Emotional rollercoaster is an UNDERSTATEMENT!

Praying hard for your 3 embies!
MamaLeah713 and J and K like this.

April 8th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Jennyt13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone - I know I've been MIA lately. I've been up and down with these meds.

Gretchen - it only takes one - and I will pray that your 3 embies are all it takes!!

Tamara - I was hyperstimmed a bit. I had 47 eggs retrieved as a result! I was in a lot of pain for a couple weeks - and they told me had I not already been doing a FET, that they would have moved me to one at that point. I was told salty foods (pickles ie.) and gatorade would help with the bloat after ER, so stock up if you think that is what is going to happen!

Leah - Good luck during your 2ww! Fingers crossed!!

Mama Leah congrats on the BFP!

I know I missed a bunch of you - and hopefully I can try to keep up a bit better!

AFM - I am scheduled for my FET on Wednesday. I'm nervous! The PIO shots are killing me - but will all be worth it if this works out!! Transferring 1 boy 1 girl (PGD).
*Leah*, kayakr and MamaLeah713 like this.

Michael Joseph Born 1/14/11 at 2:46pm
Baby Christian - born into heaven at 22 weeks gestation - 7/14/12

Starting IVF/PGD - September 2012
47 eggs retrieved (OUCH!)
38 eggs mature
26 eggs fertilized
10 embryos biopsied
3 embryos - 2 boys, 1 girl are waiting to be transferred - transferring 1 boy 1 girl on first FET!!!

2/12/13 - FET - Cancelled due to fluid in the uterus
2/20/13 - Hysteroscopy scheduled - 1 polyp removed.

4/10/13 - FET - 2 embies transferred as planned! 1 boy 1 girl!
4/22/13 - Trying to wait to test - Beta scheduled!! -
7/31/13 - FET - 1 embie transferred - 1 boy
8/7/13 - 7dp5dt - - but very light
8/9/13 - 9dp5dt - - no mistaking this one!
8/12/13 - 1st Beta scheduled - 64
8/14/13 - 2nd Beta scheduled - only 10
03/03/14 - FET #3 - 1 embie transferred - 1 girl
3/11/14 - FAINT BFP
3/13/14 - HCG only 20.2
3/17/14 - HCG rose to 151!!!
3/20/14 - HCG rose again - 630! Nurse was in shock!
3/27/14 - Ultrasound scheduled - HB Found! 6w1d 124bpm
4/3/14 - Second Ultrasound - Still doing well!
4/14/14 - First OB appointment - looking good!
April 8th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Wow Jenny - that is great. You're right with us! You didn't miss a beat.
PIO aren't hurting to bad when they happen but dang they hurt afterwards and doesn't appear to be going away. I have only had two now and I am dreading going back to my original butt check because it still hurts.

Has anyone taken the PIO in the Arm?
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
April 8th, 2013, 12:23 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Grace, I'm SO glad to hear from you, I was worried! I have heard of 2d transfers and sometimes getting them back to momma can make them grow even better. I totally understand insurances and wanting more eggies to fall back on...but like you said...maybe God gave you the most perfect amount Sadly, IVF is a guessing game the first time around as to how your body/eggs will respond to the meds. But you have two awesome eggies Did you have bedrest?

Gretchen, yay for 3 embabies.....if you don't mind my asking...why did they only do ICSI on some? 3 fertilized is all I had for Mallory. I know with a donor, you were hoping for more, but I'm praying they are of stellar quality, as she has proven so...and in a few weeks, you'll wonder how you will do it all with twins on the way

JennyT - YAY for transfer on Wednesday Come on Twinkies

Tamara - good luck with retrieval tomorrow - Tuesday retrievals are great hehe...You will squeak in an new years eve baby on the last day of 2013!
onlybygrace and MamaLeah713 like this.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

April 8th, 2013, 12:47 PM
We did ICSI because of DH morphology issues. He was 2% strict and then went to 7% strict (within normal range). Sometimes I think the results are just that they were done by different labs.

RE wanted to do half ICSI and half no ICSI. So that means only 1 out of 3 that were natural did fertilized and it's struggling. 2 of the 3 done with ICSI fertilized. I wanted all ICSI so we didn't take a chance of some not fertilizing.
I feel like I could have done 6 or 7 eggs myself without donor. I want those earrings back. lol

I hope you're right that in two weeks I am freaking out about twins right along with you.
onlybygrace and MamaLeah713 like this.
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
April 8th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Jennyt13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Youch Gretchen - I think it would be worse in the arm! Those little flu shots kill in the arm - but then I think thats because of the meds... wouldn't the 2 inch needle jab a bone or something??

Looks like a lot of hopeful twins here!

Michael Joseph Born 1/14/11 at 2:46pm
Baby Christian - born into heaven at 22 weeks gestation - 7/14/12

Starting IVF/PGD - September 2012
47 eggs retrieved (OUCH!)
38 eggs mature
26 eggs fertilized
10 embryos biopsied
3 embryos - 2 boys, 1 girl are waiting to be transferred - transferring 1 boy 1 girl on first FET!!!

2/12/13 - FET - Cancelled due to fluid in the uterus
2/20/13 - Hysteroscopy scheduled - 1 polyp removed.

4/10/13 - FET - 2 embies transferred as planned! 1 boy 1 girl!
4/22/13 - Trying to wait to test - Beta scheduled!! -
7/31/13 - FET - 1 embie transferred - 1 boy
8/7/13 - 7dp5dt - - but very light
8/9/13 - 9dp5dt - - no mistaking this one!
8/12/13 - 1st Beta scheduled - 64
8/14/13 - 2nd Beta scheduled - only 10
03/03/14 - FET #3 - 1 embie transferred - 1 girl
3/11/14 - FAINT BFP
3/13/14 - HCG only 20.2
3/17/14 - HCG rose to 151!!!
3/20/14 - HCG rose again - 630! Nurse was in shock!
3/27/14 - Ultrasound scheduled - HB Found! 6w1d 124bpm
4/3/14 - Second Ultrasound - Still doing well!
4/14/14 - First OB appointment - looking good!
April 8th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Veteran
I agree! OUCH-arm sounds worse.

Where/what type of PIO are you using? I ordered mine from Freedom because they had a "thinner" compound. Knock on wood it has not been bad at all, and I've been shooting up since 3/13.

I warm up the liquid in the syringe a bit by rolling it in my hands before I attach the second needle. I stand on one foot (opposite from the side injecting). DH puts the needle in FAST then pushes the plunger very slow, about 30 seconds then massages it after. I also walk around a bit to get that muscle moving. The only time I didn't was when on bedrest and then it really did get sore.

Best of luck to all the transfers this week! Sending out lots of sticky dust!!
*Leah* and MamaLeah713 like this.
April 8th, 2013, 03:48 PM
J and K's Avatar Kim
Grace and Gretchen- I'm thinking of you guys! I hope everything turns out perfectly in the end! Try to stay positive both of you, I had a lot of eggs and not very many ended up being all that great. You just need one perfect embaby!

Jenny- Good Luck on Wednesday!

I hope everyone else is doing good as well!

AFM- I had my first U/S today and baby's heart was flickering away! I go back in two weeks.
Unexplained Infertility
TTC since January 2011

Beta #1 48.2 14dp3dt
Beta #2 457 18dp3dt

April 8th, 2013, 03:49 PM
J and K's Avatar Kim
Grace and Gretchen- I'm thinking of you guys! I hope everything turns out perfectly in the end! Try to stay positive both of you, I had a lot of eggs and not very many ended up being all that great. You just need one perfect embaby!

Jenny- Good Luck on Wednesday!

I hope everyone else is doing good as well!

AFM- I had my first U/S today and baby's heart was flickering away! I go back in two weeks.
kayakr and onlybygrace like this.
Unexplained Infertility
TTC since January 2011

Beta #1 48.2 14dp3dt
Beta #2 457 18dp3dt

April 9th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Kim! First Us already! Amazing!!! Congrats on seeing that HB!
J and K likes this.

April 9th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Appointment tomorrow morning. If embies look good transfer Friday - if they are not looking go good transfer tomorrow.
I've been a flipping wreck! I'll update tomorrow after my appointment.

HUGS all!
*Leah*, MamaLeah713 and tandj ttc like this.
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN