March/April ivf/fet

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree745Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2013, 02:54 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way!
AFM, I am in the game baby! CD1 WOOT WOOT! CD2 bloodwork tomorrow, since labs are closed on the weekends!
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

February 28th, 2013, 03:14 PM
onlybygrace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Leah, thanks for posting your calendar- it helps alot!

Here in the EU, we don't use Lupron exactly, but Triptorelin. I think it's marketed as Trelstar (sp???) in the US.

So 1 ampoule is 0,1 and half obviously 0,05, much the same dosage as the lupron in your protocol.

I also wanted to add: yay for CD 1!!!
So excited for you!
*Leah* likes this.

TTC our 1st since June 2011

6 cycles of Clomid, 2 cycles injectables, 5 IUIs: ALL BFNs

IVF #1: Starting 5th March 2013 - Praying for my 1st ever BFP!

February 28th, 2013, 03:21 PM
YAY, glad that helped! So excited to follow your cycle!
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....

February 28th, 2013, 10:28 PM
J and K's Avatar Kim
Hi guys, promise I read everyone's updates earlier today but don't have time to reply to all! Glad to see some new starts and new ladies! I've been doing my billing for work pretty much since I finished up with my last client and am ready for bed! This is my fault because I haven't been keeping up with notes lately and had to catch up. I've been more interested in IVF stuff. Anyway, all the meds are going good. Other than a couple of bruises and being a little tired haven't really had side-effects. Even though it is still technically Thursday in NM, I'm going to go ahead and say HAPPY FRIDAY everyone!!! I won't be back on till at least tomorrow afternoon! Hoping for lots of BFPs soon! Good Luck everyone!
*Leah* and kayakr like this.
Unexplained Infertility
TTC since January 2011
Clomid February 2012- May 2012
Laproscopy and Hysteroscopy Jan 2013 (didn't find anything)
IVF Feb/March 2013 25 eggs retireved, ICSI 18 fertilized, 3 transferred on day 3, 4 frozen...

Beta #1 48.2 14dp3dt
Beta #2 457 18dp3dt

Paige Addison born 11/12/13

March 1st, 2013, 10:31 AM
Hello everyone! I am new to these boards and very new to infertility treatments. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for over 4 years with no luck, and after doing some testing, it was determined that I have one blocked tube and the other could be damanged. We are at the very beginning stages of the IVF process (just picked up my BCP a few days ago), and we plan on doing our first transfer the first week of April. I am a bundle of nerves, but I'm very excited that I found this board and can share this process with others. :-) I wish all of you the best of luck, and I look forward to learning as much as I can about this process because I still have a hard time wrapping my brain around all these medications and procedures!
*Leah* and JenLynnRN like this.
March 1st, 2013, 10:39 AM
Hi Clover!
Welcome to the board!

You've certainely found the right place to hang out while you undergo your IVF journey.

I'm also looking at a transfer around the first week of April.

Crossing fingers for our BFPS!

March 1st, 2013, 12:00 PM
Welcome Clover!! I start BCP's tomorrow! I still have some additional testing (had my BW today) If all comes back fine with that, I'll schedule my mock transfer and long appt, then get my protocol!!

Wishing you the best! We ttc for almost 4 years before doing a successful IVF, where we were blessed with our daughter. TTC 18 mons this time around has given us nothing, so, here we are again.

Lots of great ladies on this board and lots of guidance and info for you, so ask away if you have questions!

Thanks for joining us.

March 1st, 2013, 02:04 PM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
Hi Clover - welcome! Sorry you have to be here, but you couldn't have found a better place for support. We'll all in this together.

I also am having transfer either last week of march first week of april.
*Leah* likes this.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
March 1st, 2013, 06:04 PM
J and K's Avatar Kim
Hi Clover! Welcome! I'm fairly new to the fertility treatments as well. Had my first RE appointment in December and I'm in the middle of my first IVF now. Good Luck!

Only by Grace, just wanted to say good luck! I barely know what my meds are doing and probably not as well as I should but just trying to have faith! Wish I had something inspiring to tell you.

Leah, glad you have everything started! Hope your b/w went well today!

Kayakr, hope everything is good!

It sounds like all you ladies are right around the same schedule, it will be time for everything before you know it!

Hope everyone is doing great!

AFM- I didn't realize with IVF I would still get the EWCM and freaked out a little this morning thinking I was going to ovulate. Luckily there is google around every corner these days and I looked it up, not sure why the Dr wouldn't tell me to expect that. Other than being a little bloated and a little tired everything is going good! I'm getting excited thinking about ER next Friday!
*Leah* likes this.
Unexplained Infertility
TTC since January 2011
IVF Feb/March 2013 25 eggs retireved, ICSI 18 fertilized, 3 transferred on day 3, 4 frozen...

Beta #1 48.2 14dp3dt
Beta #2 457 18dp3dt

March 1st, 2013, 08:15 PM
J and K's Avatar Kim
I found this a little inspirational considering how we've all been waiting so long...

Joseph waited 13 years
Abraham waited 25 years
Moses waited 40 years
Jesus waited 30 years
If God is making you wait,
You're in good company.

Someone posted this on Facebook and decided I would share it here. Hopefully we are all almost done waiting and will get our BFPs soon!
Unexplained Infertility
TTC since January 2011

Beta #1 48.2 14dp3dt
Beta #2 457 18dp3dt

March 2nd, 2013, 06:09 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
J and K – isn't that crazy to still get EWCM? I actually have more during my IVF cycles then usually, doesn’t make sense, but it happens. Glad everything is going well.

Clover – welcome!!! This board is a wealth of knowledge and supportive ladies, please stick around and ask any questions you have and share your experience with us. I’m doing an FET, had no embryos to transfer my first fresh cycle, and the second I have three embryos but we did a freeze all. So happy and praying they survive the thaw!! so we can do our first transfer sometime the week of the 17th!

Leah – yay for CD1, when will you get your results? Nice low FSH vibes going your way as well as healthy numbers for everything else!

AFM – I’ve never been on Lupron, so no help with the cycles that start with the Lupron. I was suppose to stop the BCP on Thursday, but I did end up taking one on Friday and this morning. I just did not want to let work get in the way of this cycle, so hopefully the two extra days of BCP will have my transfer at the end of the week of the 17th and not mess anything else up, we’ll see, just wanting on AF to start now.
*Leah* and J and K like this.

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE
March 3rd, 2013, 01:57 PM
Thank you everyone for the very warm welcome, it means so much to me!

My next step is to learn all of these acryonyms! I can guess a few, but I'll have to google a "cheat sheet". ;-)

Just something on my mind lately - are any of you keeping your IVF journey a secret from your family? My family can be a bit nosey, and while it has NOTHING to do with shame or guilt, I just feel that this process would be less stressful for my husband and I if our families didn't know about it. Part of it has to do with the fact my husband and I have two very overbearing mothers (who we love dearly nonetheless!), but also in case things don't work out the first (or second or third) try I'd rather not have everyone asking "are you? or aren't you?".

I have told two of my very close friends, but I feel the weight of this secret starting to get heavier and heavier. I still don't plan on telling our families until we get that positive test (and even a few weeks after), but I was just curious if others were going through the same thing?

J&K - Thank you for the inspirational quote!
Stillwaiting - Wishing you another successful journey your second time around! ;-)
Meemee - I love hearing of the knowledge AND support! Thank you so much!
J and K likes this.
March 3rd, 2013, 07:38 PM
J and K's Avatar Kim
Aimee, I've had a lot more as well. After I looked some stuff up it makes more sense but yes still crazy! Here's to hoping AF comes late and your transfer will happen on your schedule Good Luck with everything, you're already off to a good start since you have your snowbabies!

Clover, we haven't told our families either and much for the same reason. Actually I don't really thing DHs family would really care but don't really want to tell one and not the other. My family is also a little "nosey" and my mom can't keep a secret to save her life and she has a very big family. I'm not really interested in anyone having an opinion on whether of not IVF is a good thing. I kinda figure I'm going to do this whether or not anyone thinks its a good idea. I'm a little harsh because my family was also not very supportive of me getting married simply because DH and I have different religious views not because of who he is or how he treats me. Needless to say they now really like him act as though they were never against it. Sorry if I've made this sound negative, its just all part of what goes on in my head with my decision making these days. I also don't want to have to answer questions all the time about how it works and if it worked yet. I'll probably share about everything once I get my BFP but until then its easier for me keep it to myself. I also have told a few friends, but only the ones that know me very well and will be very supportive and encouraging.

AFM: Today has been kinda rough, I think I can feel the follies growing on my ovaries. I had a good morning and went to church, then DH and I went to lunch and shopping for groceries. As we were getting groceries I started feeling crappy, my stomach was feeling tender, ovaries hurting, and really tired. I just sat in the truck while he finished our errands and once we got home I took about a 2 hour nap. I'm kinda thinking I over did it a little yesterday, it was a beautiful day outside and I wasn't inside much. I did some yard work, washed my car, took a 2 mile walk with my dog, and took my motorcycle for a short ride. It was the first day that really felt like spring all year and I was wearing shorts and a tank top most of the day. I'm a warm weathered girl, I wouldn't survive in that east coast blizzard a few weeks ago.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Unexplained Infertility
TTC since January 2011

Beta #1 48.2 14dp3dt
Beta #2 457 18dp3dt

March 4th, 2013, 05:29 AM
JandK thanks for that quote! Love it!

Clover: Only my sister knows about our IVF. Not another single soul. I like to keep things to myself, and I dont think its anyone's business anyway.

Aimee: Hope AF shows up on time. Good luck!

AFM: I start my fist Lupron shot tomorrow. I cant believe this day has finally arrived!!I'm a bag of nerves!!!
*Leah*, kayakr and J and K like this.

March 4th, 2013, 06:51 AM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
Grace – wow you starting tomorrow! I should start next Monday. SHOULD
Clover – We haven’t told our families either. A few friends know and that is it. Not because we want to keep it a secret but because we don’t feel like explaining it. We also don’t feel like dealing with everyone else’s feelings if it doesn’t’ work when we are trying to heal ourselves. They would have so many questions and we are just up to talking about it to people that don’t understand. We have been dealing with this for 2 years and telling our family right now would just be to hard on us. Them too probably…
Update: DH goes to urologist today. We think he has a prostate infection now instead of a UTI that we thought he had last week. Not sure if this will postpone IVF or not. From everything I read I think it may. 
J and K likes this.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
March 4th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Gretchen, I hope your cycle isnt delayed!
Apart from it sucking for you, I need my cycle buddy!

March 4th, 2013, 09:02 AM
J and K - Thanks for your input... and I guess I was pretty naive to think that I would be one of the few NOT to tell our families. I'm thinking once we (hopefully) get that BFP we will just share with our families that we are expecting... there isn't a need to tell them how because if this works for us I'd like to do it again in the future without the questions! I hope that you are feeling better today than yesterday!

Onlybygrace - I agree, it's no one else's business!

kayakr - I hope that your IVF treatment isn't delayed... wishing you and your DH the best!

So, I consider myself a pretty laid back and passive individual, however, this birth control is making me feel pretty moody (mostly just in the mornings). I've actually never been on birth control pills before (I did use the patch when I was much younger) but luckily the BCPs aren't for too long. I'm just thinking... if BCPs are making me feel moody I can't imagine what the other medications will do! I think it's time for me to suck it up and dive into the packet of information my doctor gave me on each medication. Have any of you gotten away with little to no side effects from the other medications?

BTW - I'll be happy to deal with side effects if it gets us that BFP!!! I just like to be informed and prepared.

Have a great day everyone!
March 4th, 2013, 02:03 PM
J and K's Avatar Kim
Grace, YAY for starting!!!

Kayakr, I hope your cycle isn't delayed. I hope its all good news at your DH appointment today!

Clover, That's a good point about future cycles without questions. Yesterday was the worst day I've had for side effects and today is much better. Ovaries are still a little sore but not like yesterday, I think I kinda brought that on myself. I didn't have BCPs but I've seen a lot of people say they are the worst part.

Cassandra, wanted to tell you Happy Birthday tomorrow and Good Luck on Wednesday! I'm not sure I'll be on before you go in since I'll be driving most of the day tomorrow.

AFM- I'm pretty excited for my appointment tomorrow. It will be the only one while stimming since my RE is a 3 hour drive each way.

Happy Monday Everyone! (As happy as Mondays can be)
*Leah* and cassthomas852 like this.
Unexplained Infertility
TTC since January 2011

Beta #1 48.2 14dp3dt
Beta #2 457 18dp3dt

March 4th, 2013, 05:41 PM
cassthomas852's Avatar Veteran
Thanks Kim! And good luck to you on Wed!

Gretchen- I hope your cycle isn't delayed and everything works out for your DH!

I just wanted to respond about telling family of our IVF journey. We've told my family, just my mom and dad, as well as a cousin who went through a number of IUIs at the same clinic. We told my parents b/c I'm really close to my mom and she's very supportive. They knew we had been trying for years, and they knew about the two recent surgeries and what they were for. I'm very blessed and grateful to have such caring and supportive parents (plus I think they are VERY excited to become grandparents). My parents loaned us a few hundred to cover the cost of meds so that we weren't so tight on money for the month... Very lucky :-) I don't get to see my parents very often since they live about 8 hours away, but I talk to my mom everyday. We also told a few close friends, that again, are very supportive of our decision and will support us whether this is successful or not. I felt it would be better to let my parents know and our close friends know ahead of time so that we have a good support system in case it doesn't work. Sorry for the long story... :-)

Me- 32
DH - 35
TTC for over 6 years.

Jan 2013 - IVF #1
May 2013 - FET #1

6/7/13 - First ultrasound - Twins!
12/20/13 - Kayden and Caleb were born at 34 weeks!

March 4th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Sorry I am not so great at replying to everyone- I truly do enjoy what each of you shares and contributes to this community. I have been (and still am) a nervous wreck despite my best efforts to relax and calm down. Patience is not a virtue I was abundantly blessed with.

My update:
ER was Saturday morning and ten eggs were harvested. ICSI was performed on eight of the ten, and six fertilized. So, as of right now, we have six embies!!! I am thrilled and also scared to death. Our RE grades embies 0-4 (4 being the highest quality). Today our embryo score report was: four embies are grade 3, one is grade 2.5, and one 2.0. RE transfers on D5 (Thursday at 2 p.m.) and we are planning to transfer two. Hopefully, we will have a few good ones leftover for freezing as well.

I pray blessings over each of you ladies and sincerely hope for the best!!!
*Leah* likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search