March/April ivf/fet

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree745Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2013, 08:31 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Clover – I’m a very closed private person, so at first I didn’t tell anyone, but as the months went on and the stress build, I started opening up more to my friends and now I’m opening up more at work, but for some reason, I still haven’t told my family….they are very dramatic people so don’t feel like deal with them with these issues. I actually got more moody and snappy on the BCP then I did on the stimming meds. As far as side effects on the stimming meds, I didn’t really have many side effects, maybe the last couple days some mild cramping and some bloating, but I'm a poor responder so I never really had many follicles so that probably kept the bloating and cramping down

Kim – sorry the stimming is kind of rough on you, but I’m thinking it’s hopefully kind of a good thing because you are growing lots of nice follicles. Ugh..I’m jealous of your weather! I’m on the east coast and it is crazy weather here ….hope your appointment today is going well!!

Onlybygrace – Yeah….for starting Lupron today!

Gretchen – thinking of you and your DH, hopefully everything is getting taking care of and you will be starting next week!

Cassthomas – how are things with you?

JenLynn – 6 embies is great!! Can’t wait to hear how transfer goes.

Leah – have you got your lab results back yet? When is your appointment with RE to get your schedule?

AFM….nothing new, just waiting for AF

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE
March 5th, 2013, 10:34 AM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
So Urologist gave DH one month supply of Cipro for UTI. Doesn't think it's a prostrate infection just a UTI still. Said this shouldn't delay IVF.
Called RE and told him this and he said he would call Urologist himself and let us know today if we will post pone a month or not.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
March 5th, 2013, 12:21 PM
cassthomas852's Avatar Veteran
Hi Aimee, I've been hanging a little low in the 2WW. I feel like this cycle didn't work I POAS this morning and BFN. Beta is tomorrow, so I'm praying for a miracle.

I've been a little down and emotional today, and it's my birthday... I kinda wish I didn't take that test this morning, but it's done now! We will know for sure tomorrow. If it's a BFN, we will be doing an FET the end of March or early April.

How about you?

Me- 32
DH - 35
TTC for over 6 years.

Jan 2013 - IVF #1
May 2013 - FET #1

6/7/13 - First ultrasound - Twins!
12/20/13 - Kayden and Caleb were born at 34 weeks!

March 5th, 2013, 12:57 PM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, Cassandra, I’m sorry you had a BFN this morning and feel out...maybe you'll get a surprise positive beta tomorrow. I am glad you have snow babies, just in case!!!

AFM – AF showed…and looks like transfer may fit into my schedule. I do estrogen patches changing every other day and progressively adding a patch, I have my first lining check and blood work on the 18th, and at the earliest transfer will be the 21st, but most likely the follow week
J and K likes this.

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE
March 5th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Welcome, Clover! I am so happy to have you join us- I know how much it helped me to feel supported and unalone (I know, not a real word) when I took the step to join this group. I hope for the very best for you through this cycle!!

JandK- I cannot wait for your transfer!! Have you had any updates on how your foliies are growing?

Leah- YAY for a start date!!! The time flies by so quickly once the cycle is set in motion.

Cassandra- I will be hoping and praying with you and for you this evening and tomorrow morning for a miracle. I am so sorry the BFN has you feeling down-- try to keep faith that this will happen for you!

Our six little embies are three days old and still growing- one is now rated a 4 (the highest quality based on our RE's scale, three are 3.0, and two are 2.0. We meet with our RE on Thursday afternoon right before the transfer to discuss how many embies we want to transfer in. Which leads me to this question...

DH and I essentially purchased a "package deal" for IVF that includes one fresh and one frozen cycle within a six-month period. Given that, how many of you would vote to transfer in two embies versus one the first time around on this fresh cycle? DH and I are leaning toward two, but I would love some input if anyone has thoughts or especially experience to share on this.

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening!!
March 5th, 2013, 06:11 PM
*Mrs.J.2011*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I havent had a chance to update you all since my retrieval! 10 retrieved, 5 fertilized, 3 made it to a day 3 transfer! We transferred 2 this past Saturday, a 6BF and a 4AG (AG is the best you can get in my clinics grading system) I'm very excited and nervous to be in the 2ww again!

Missing our little "Duckie" since 06-22-09
March 5th, 2013, 06:25 PM
J and K's Avatar Kim
Hi guys! Hope everyone has had a good day!

Cassandra, Sorry about the BFN, hopefully you will get that surprise tomorrow! Like Aimee said good thing you have some frosties waiting at least. Oh and Happy Birthday anyway

Jenlynn, Sounds like everything is going good!

Aimee, Thanks and you're right; I shouldn't be complaining because pain is actually a good sign with this. It was 80 degrees in Tucson today, I didn't want to come home! Oh and YAY for AF being on your schedule.

Kayakr, sounds like a step in the right direction! I hope everything stays on schedule.

AFM- It has been a long day (as expected), but my appointment went good. They told me at least 10 follies on each ovary, and they all look great. She didn't give me measurements, just said I'll definitely be ready for Friday ER and trigger tomorrow night at 11:30. As I got home, the office called and told me my BW looks great. My last stim shot is tonight! As I was making my appointments for ER and ET the secretary tells me "You're much younger that most of our patients, so you have a really good chance of this working". I hope she's right!

Hope everyone is doing good!

Congrats Mrs J!
cassthomas852 and JenLynnRN like this.
Unexplained Infertility
TTC since January 2011
Clomid February 2012- May 2012
Laproscopy and Hysteroscopy Jan 2013 (didn't find anything)
IVF Feb/March 2013 25 eggs retireved, ICSI 18 fertilized, 3 transferred on day 3, 4 frozen...

Beta #1 48.2 14dp3dt
Beta #2 457 18dp3dt

Paige Addison born 11/12/13

March 6th, 2013, 05:46 AM
onlybygrace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cassandra: Happy birthday! Hope you feel better today! Your beta is today? Hoping for good news!

Aimee: Glad AF showed and you schedule is right on track!

JenLyn: I think if it was me, I'd also go with 2 embies for transfer. Good luck! Hope the transfer goes smoothly!

Mrs J: How exciting! Hope those 2 embies are snuggling in tight; and that this 2WW goes by quickly!

J&K: Good luck with the trigger and retrieval! Crossing my fingers that everything goes well!

AFM: I'm officially on my way! My first Decapeptyl (Lupron) shot yesterday went well ...after I spent about 15 minutes crying "I cant do this"...!!!
I really hate needles...this is going to be a LONG month!!

To be honest the shot itself was not painful, but ****, did that thing burn going in!!! It burned for quite a while after too!

Just hoping it gets better as the days go by!
cassthomas852 likes this.

TTC our 1st since June 2011

6 cycles of Clomid, 2 cycles injectables, 5 IUIs: ALL BFNs

IVF #1: Starting 5th March 2013 - Praying for my 1st ever BFP!

March 6th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Hi everyone. No update on me yet. Still waiting for RE to talk to Urologist and then decide if we are moving forward or holding off yet another month. I talked to the staff today and they said they are pretty sure we are going to proceed. My CD21 appointment is next Tuesday. That is also when we need to pay $18,650.00. I sure hope they don’t push us through IVF with DH UTI just to get that money. I had nightmares all last night about that and then getting myself worked up about needles again. I was even grinding my teeth and I know I am stressed when I do that.
I am sad too cause DH doesn’t feel good and we haven’t been intimate really for 3 or 4 weeks because of this UTI and BCP making me have zero s&x drive. I am just ready to get this show on the road.
Looks like everyone is on their way to some pretty follies and some BFP soon!
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
March 6th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Yes, beta was this morning... Waiting for results. Just hoping my clinic doesn't close early due to this yucky weather. They closed some offices in VA, so hoping they don't close the lab in MD!

Thank you everyone for the bday wishes! I am having a bit of a better day today, but just a gloomy mood with the gloomy weather. I'm so over the snow, wind, and rain! I want spring! On a brighter note, I did plant some of my vegetable seeds today! I started tomatoes and hot and sweet peppers. Gotta wait a few more weeks for the others... Corn, melons, squash and cucumbers. I just love gardening and can't wait until this weather breaks to get outside!

Looks like everyone is well on their way! Sorry, I read everyone's post but can't remember where everyone is at with their cycles... good luck to those with upcoming retrieval a and transfers! And good luck for those starting your injections! They aren't too bad and it will be worth it in the end!

Me- 32
DH - 35
TTC for over 6 years.

Jan 2013 - IVF #1
May 2013 - FET #1

March 6th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Good Luck Cassandra! I hope the doctor has some good news for you. Praying this has worked for you.
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
March 6th, 2013, 01:15 PM
BFN for me ....

Quote from me: For some it comes so easy and for others it seems impossible. Life is just so unfair at times. We can only grieve and try to stay positive and place our faith in God's hands. Second chance hope....

Follow up with RE scheduled for March 20. Looks like I will be joining this thread for an FET next month!
*Leah*, kayakr and J and K like this.

Me- 32
DH - 35
TTC for over 6 years.

Jan 2013 - IVF #1
May 2013 - FET #1

March 6th, 2013, 01:59 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
I'm so sorry you got a BFN on your bday Cassandra ((HUGS))...so not fair. Praying for your frosties!

Kim, good luck with your trigger and retrieval!!!!

OnlybyGrace - yay for first shots!!

Jennlyn, I'd transfer 2. I'm only saying that because mine didn't make it to freeze. You'll def have some, but I'd give yourself the extra insurance. I txfered 2 and I got Mallory.

Kayakr...wishing you'd catch a break girl! Hope the cycle gets going soon!

Aimee, yay for timing....so excited!

AFM, I have my long Program Start Appt on Tuesday at 1:15. They have to do another mock transfer, b/c of my C/S scarring and a S/A for Mike...then consent signing and payment, injections training and protocol. I'm so excited. They didn't tell me anything about my bloodwork yet, they just said no news is good news. But I really wish they'd call haha! Very excited and nervous as well. It's getting close now.

But I just have to say, Men can be dumb! I was talking to Mike about everything and he said, "We'll, I'm still hopeful we can do it on our own before IVF" - I was - UM, I'm on Birth control....What makes you think you can knock me up on BC but couldn't before? He then backpedaled and said he forgot the process...etc....But I specifically told him..."I start my BCP's today...." and I'm pretty sure I mentioned it more than just one day! MEN!
cassthomas852 and DownNotOut like this.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

March 6th, 2013, 02:23 PM
I am sorry Cassandra.
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
March 6th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Questions for the ladies doing an FET... Some things DH and I are talking about and preparing for our follow up.

Do you know how long it takes to thaw the embryos? Example, what if they thaw 2, but one doesn't make it. Can we ask to thaw another one before doing the transfer so we would have 2?

What is the process of FET? Do you still have to do injections?

Thanks ladies!

Me- 32
DH - 35
TTC for over 6 years.

Jan 2013 - IVF #1
May 2013 - FET #1

March 6th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Cassandra- I am so sorry to hear about your BFN. Your faith and positivity at such a difficult time is so inspiring to me. Keep your faith and know that we are all believing with you for your FET!
*Leah* likes this.
March 6th, 2013, 10:14 PM
J and K's Avatar Kim
Cassandra, I'm so sorry! I'm glad to see that you are positive about it still, and glad you have some snow babies so you can move on to FET. You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Grace, glad you got that first shot down! It only gets easier from here and it goes very quick!

Kayakr, Good Luck! That's a lot up front! Not really sure why but my clinic has me wait till ER to pay them, which is nice to have a little break between paying for medication. I'm paying out of pocket as well.

Leah, Good Luck! I hate when I don't get a call as well! I agree, men don't always get it.

AFM- I'm just waiting to trigger, I have about another hour so I'm just trying to stay awake until its done. I'm getting excited for everything. One more day of work and I'm off to ER!
*Leah* likes this.
Unexplained Infertility
TTC since January 2011
IVF Feb/March 2013 25 eggs retireved, ICSI 18 fertilized, 3 transferred on day 3, 4 frozen...

Beta #1 48.2 14dp3dt
Beta #2 457 18dp3dt

March 7th, 2013, 07:30 AM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
YAY Kim!! Hope the shot went well!! So close now!
J and K likes this.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

March 7th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Jennyt13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cassandra - i'm so sorry for your BFN. Here's hoping that FET works for you! To answer your question about the thaw - yes, you can have them thaw 2 for transfer - and if 1 doesn't make it there will be enough time to thaw another. I'm not sure of the process - or exactly how long it takes - but I do know when I go in there on the April 10th - they will know already if they had to thaw 2, or 3. We spoke to the nurse so that she knows this is our plan. We only have 3 - but we want to transfer 2.

AFM - sorry I've been MIA - I've been a little down and out lately. I found out around this time last year that I was pregnant with my son that I lost in July

Michael Joseph Born 1/14/11 at 2:46pm
Baby Christian - born into heaven at 22 weeks gestation - 7/14/12

Starting IVF/PGD - September 2012
47 eggs retrieved (OUCH!)
38 eggs mature
26 eggs fertilized
10 embryos biopsied
3 embryos - 2 boys, 1 girl are waiting to be transferred - transferring 1 boy 1 girl on first FET!!!

2/12/13 - FET - Cancelled due to fluid in the uterus
2/20/13 - Hysteroscopy scheduled - 1 polyp removed.

4/10/13 - FET - 2 embies transferred as planned! 1 boy 1 girl!
4/22/13 - Trying to wait to test - Beta scheduled!! -
7/31/13 - FET - 1 embie transferred - 1 boy
8/7/13 - 7dp5dt - - but very light
8/9/13 - 9dp5dt - - no mistaking this one!
8/12/13 - 1st Beta scheduled - 64
8/14/13 - 2nd Beta scheduled - only 10
03/03/14 - FET #3 - 1 embie transferred - 1 girl
3/11/14 - FAINT BFP
3/13/14 - HCG only 20.2
3/17/14 - HCG rose to 151!!!
3/20/14 - HCG rose again - 630! Nurse was in shock!
3/27/14 - Ultrasound scheduled - HB Found! 6w1d 124bpm
4/3/14 - Second Ultrasound - Still doing well!
4/14/14 - First OB appointment - looking good!
March 7th, 2013, 03:09 PM
J and K's Avatar Kim
Jenny sorry for your loss ;(

The shot last night was super easy, in fact I barely felt it. Today however it feels like I have a giant bruise on my booty where it was done! I trying to be productive today, but I really just don't want to. Most of my patients cancelled today and I was actually happy about it (Home Health). Now just waiting for DH to get off work so we can hit the road to AZ for ER tomorrow! This is a kinda random post I know, sorry guys.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
*Leah* likes this.
Unexplained Infertility
TTC since January 2011

Beta #1 48.2 14dp3dt
Beta #2 457 18dp3dt

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search