New here & very hopeful

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jaylynmac

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Hello everyone. This is my first time posting on a message board so hopefully I am doing it correctly. I feel like I've been on this journey forever. My DH & I have been ttc #2 (his #1) for 4 years, but only sought medical assistance 6 months ago. Since Oct '12, I have had 4 medicated cycles with 3 iui's (first one canceled due to a hurricane). Each failed iui was harder than the last emotionally. The most recent had 5 mature follicles but my DH count was very low and my lining was only 3 mm which I believe was a side effect of Clomid. Still, I was devastated yesterday when AF showed up. Today I scheduled my initial consult for IVF with a highly recommended RE and I am once again super hopeful. Other than a thin lining and a tilted uterus, I have no known issues interfering with fertility. DH counts seem to be the most cause for concern and I think IVF is our answer.

The reason I have come to this board is because DH & I do not have the same mindset during the process. I NEED to talk about it and go into each procedure believing it will be a success. DH is quieter about it and doesn't like to get his hopes up. If not for him, I'd already have a fully stocked nursery and a handful of pre-school brochures. He is an amazing man and cries with me after every failed attempt so I will not push him to talk about anything. My mother (who lives with us) is much like DH and can't get excited until our pregnancy is "real". I stopped using facebook as an outlet because too many people think all we have to do is get drunk & BD to get pregnant. Ugh! So, I hope nobody minds hearing about the rest of my journey as it happens. I look forward to reading about everyone else's!
*Leah* likes this.
February 28th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Veteran
Welcome, JayLynMac!

I think this is a great place to be hopeful and share what's going on. Both my husband and I are trying to stay positive (we'll be doing our pregnancy testing for our first IVF cycle next Tuesday), but we're both realists too and know it may not happen.

I like to tell people that you can't "pre-grieve" so you might as well stay positive for as long as you can. If it comes back negative, it will suck whether you were positive or negative about it until then so why waste the energy?

I hope you find the community to be friendly and helpful! It's scary to me to read about all the miscarriages and other heartbreaking things that happen to many of us, but mostly I'm glad to be part of a board that is supportive!

Best of luck to you!
Ingrid
February 28th, 2013, 01:29 PM
onlybygrace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi and welcome JayLynMac!

You've found the right place to post if you're starting your IVF journey. Alot of us are going through the same emotions and fears...and we all feel that this is a great place to chat/vent/question and support each other.

Feel free to also check out the main board!

Hoping that your stay here is short and sweet!

TTC our 1st since June 2011

6 cycles of Clomid, 2 cycles injectables, 5 IUIs: ALL BFNs

IVF #1: Starting 5th March 2013 - Praying for my 1st ever BFP!

February 28th, 2013, 03:24 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Welcome!! So glad you've found us and joined!

I'm Leah, we ttc for almost 4 years, 5 failed IUI's and no pregnancies. We did IVF in May of 2010 and it was a success, as you can tell from my signature .... we are embarking on IVF#2, as we have tried for 17ish months, we had a blighted ovum miscarriage a year ago in May and that is the only time I've gotten pregnant on our own in 60+ cycles. I ovulate, my DH has sometimes good swimmers, sometimes bad motility...but we were diagnosed with Unexplained IF. I'm almost 37 and I don't have time to wait and frankly, I'm sick of the roller coaster of ttc each month, so we're jumping into IVF again. I have my CD2 bloodwork tomorrow.

Best of luck to you and I'm excited to follow your journey!

There are lots of wonderful ladies on this board with info to share, so glad you joined us!
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search