May/June IVF/FET

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree122Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2013, 08:04 PM
jes81878's Avatar Jennifer
I'm sorry I've been MIA for awhile; my parents bought a house near us and have been staying here while they remodel it, and they have kept me busy painting and cleaning. Tonight was the 1st time I have had the energy to check-up on everyone.

Cass...your beta looks great!!! Can't wait to see if you have twins in there.

Soapy...Follicles look really nice. Good luck with the trigger and hope you have some good news to share.

Leah...I'm sorry again for what you are going through. If it helps, it took a little over a month for my levels to drop low enough not to test positive on a pregnancy test. My beta was almost 8000, and I had an ectopic, and the doctor removed the section of my tube with the baby. I had a bunch of cheap pregnancy test and took two a week to keep a check on my numbers.

Kim...thanks and hope your pregnancy continues to go great.

AFM, Besides all the things going on with my parents. My doctor's appointment went great, and I'm starting injections Friday. My estimated retrieval is June 18. I'm nervous because it is cutting it close to the time my husband leaves with the boys to camp. They are leaving June 24 and won't be home till the 29. I was told that I didn't need him when they do the transfer, but I really would like for him to be there. This is my 1st IVF, and I'm very nervous anyways. Sorry for complaining. Good luck everyone!!!

Leah...I'm
My Son 13
Husband no bio/children (but the best father ever to my two boys)
TTC for 4 years
IVF in June 2013 (BFP)
1st Beta (10dp5dt) #761

Boy/Girl Twins

June 5th, 2013, 12:13 PM
soapyseltzer's Avatar Cam
Hey ladies!

Just dropping in to say that my ER is scheduled for tomorrow early AM. I'm nervous, especially since I have not heard from my nurse today with b/w & ultrasound stats or my ER instructions, and when I called her VM said that she was out until tomorrow.

Anyone know what I'm supposed to do/not do, or what I should expect? This is my 1st IVF.

Thanks!!!

Me: over 40; FSH (good); AMH (little low); E2 (great)
DH: over 40; good to go / great swimmers
DS: very active cute and funny
Meds: prenates, DHEA, CoQ10, D3, Omega3, Melatolin

1st IVF [Banking]: Antagonist w/ EPP
5/16 start EPP
5/25 baseline b/w & ultrasound
5/25 start stimming
6/06 ER
June 5th, 2013, 01:51 PM
cassthomas852's Avatar Veteran
Jennifer - good luck with the injections! you are getting so close now!

Soapy - what time is your ER? typically you are not supposed to eat or drink anything 12 hours prior. I think you are to arrive 30 min before scheduled procedure, and wear comfortable clothes! Other than that, I can't remember if there is anything else in particular you need to do. you will be a bit sore after, and you will need someone to drive you home (obviously DH!). Good luck tomorrow! I hope they get a lot of eggs!
soapyseltzer likes this.

Me- 32
DH - 35
TTC for over 6 years.

Jan 2013 - IVF #1
May 2013 - FET #1

6/7/13 - First ultrasound - Twins!
12/20/13 - Kayden and Caleb were born at 34 weeks!

June 5th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Thanks Cass!!! Can't wait to hear about your ultrasound. Are you taking bets on multiples??

Jen -- Good luck stimming. And don't worry, I'm sure the timing will work out well in the end.

Kim -- Thanks! Hope you're having a boring but happy pregnancy.

AFM... I'm a bit nervous about ER tomorrow. I only have 8 follies total, and only a handful are large enough so every one of those has to count. Keep your fingers crossed for me plz. My birthday is this weekend -- I'm hoping for some good news.
*Leah* likes this.

5/16 start EPP
5/25 start stimming
6/06 ER
June 5th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Soapy- dont worry! Everything will be just fine. You never know... There may be more there than they can see on ultrasound! I was told at my last monitoring appt that I had about 17-18 and they ended up retrieving 27! I'm sure those 8 will be healthy eggs and they will fertilize just fine! If all 8 fertilize, that's still a great number!

Good luck and I have everything crossed for you!

I'm taking bets on twins... What's your call? Just 4 more days! Agh!!!
*Leah* likes this.

Me- 32
DH - 35
TTC for over 6 years.

Jan 2013 - IVF #1
May 2013 - FET #1

June 6th, 2013, 08:02 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
good luck soapy! I had 9 eggs and tbey got 11 at retrieval! good luck and happy bday!
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

June 7th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Soapy- how did ER go? Hope it was good and you got lots of eggs! Happy birthday!

AFM- Had my first ultrasound today... 3 days earlier than scheduled. I had some bleeding yesterday so they bumped me up to today.

Well, we found out we are having twins! Such a blessing! Both babies were fine and healthy. RE said I'm not measuring 6 weeks yet, but according to the due date calculators, I should be 6 weeks today. I go back next Thursday for another ultrasound. My clinic is awesome- they said I can come in every 1-2 weeks until week 10. And it's all paid for already!
MandyEllen and L Marie like this.

Me- 32
DH - 35
TTC for over 6 years.

Jan 2013 - IVF #1
May 2013 - FET #1

Last edited by cassthomas852; June 7th, 2013 at 08:28 AM.
June 7th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Well, here's the good, the bad, and the ugly:
8 follies, only 6 eggs were mature, 4 of them fertilized with ICSI.

I don't like that the count keeps going down w/ every new step. My BFF (same age) who has also been trying w/ IVF for years keeps reminding me that she's only ever gotten 1 or 2 follies/eggs so she's excited I had 4 fertilize. I'm trying to stay positive since I know I really only need one good embryo, right? We are embryo banking this month so I plan to start my 2nd IVF cycle in just under 2 weeks. Hopefully I'll get more next round. I'm not sure I want to attempt PGD on so few embryos...

Anyway, thanks for the birthday greetings girls! I can't wait to hear your updates.

5/16 start EPP
5/25 start stimming
6/06 ER
June 7th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Aww, sorry only 4 fertilized. That's all it takes is one though! Don't stress too much over it. You are doing another ER next month? If so, you will have more then! Everything will be fine and work out for you!

Glad everything went well for the ER though! Can't wait to hear how they do over the next few days. Do you know what day they will be frozen?

Just wanted to post a pic of the sonogram from this morning... both babies are doing great!

L Marie and jes81878 like this.

Me- 32
DH - 35
TTC for over 6 years.

Jan 2013 - IVF #1
May 2013 - FET #1

June 7th, 2013, 08:15 AM
MandyEllen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jumping in here...I'm Mandy & I'm 34 years old. I'm diagnosed with a diminished ovarian reserve. After 3 OE IVFs that didn't take, I'm doing DE IVF with frozen eggs from My Egg Bank in Atlanta, but cycling/transfering in June/July. I'm taking Lupron and bcp to shut down my system right now. I will start Estrace on Tues to start building up my lining. DH will fertilize the 8 eggs we have on 6/26 once they thaw & hoping for a 5-day transfer on 7/1/13. First Beta will be 7/10/13.

Cass...CONGRATS ON THE TWINS! That's such awesome news. I'm so happy for you.

Soapy...4 fertilized is awesome! I've never had that many fertilize and one ER, I had 17 eggs retrieved. Wishing you a very happy birthday this weekend too!
kayakr likes this.
7/12/13 - 16 dpo beta=825
7/19/13 - 23 dpo beta=18,870
7/26/13 - 30 dpo beta=72,091

June 7th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Hi Mandy! So glad to see things are coming along for you. Keeping my fingers crossed for a 5 day transfer and a sticky bean!

Me- 32
DH - 35
TTC for over 6 years.

Jan 2013 - IVF #1
May 2013 - FET #1

June 7th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Cass...WOW Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you. I start my injections this evening and your news has me very excited and hopeful.

Soapy...This is my 1st IVF, and I've nervous about the number of eggs too. I would probably feel the same as you with 4, but I have a friend that had 5 eggs, and she had 2 transferred and ended up pregnant the 1st cycle, and she still has 3 frozen. I know it's easier said than done but don't get discouraged....stay positive. IVF is stressful and scary enough without adding things we can't control. I hope you have some good news to share with the rest of us soon.

Mandy...hello and welcome to the group. I look forward to keeping up with your journey too and hope everything goes smoothly for you.
My Son 13
TTC for 4 years
IVF in June 2013 (BFP)
1st Beta (10dp5dt) #761

Boy/Girl Twins

June 7th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Wonderful Jennifer! Glad things are starting to move along for you! When is your next monitoring appointment? Can't wait to see how many follicles you have!

BTW - I forgot to mention that I think it's great your parents moved so close! I'm very close to my parents, but they live so darn far away! Sounds like they will be a great help when baby comes along!

Me- 32
DH - 35
TTC for over 6 years.

Jan 2013 - IVF #1
May 2013 - FET #1

June 7th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Ha Ha Cass!!!! I knew it was twins! Woohooo!!!! Looking good.

Hi Mandy... Thanks!!! And Welcome!!! Looking forward to following your journey too. My BFF did her 1st IVF DE cycle in March this year and is now preggo after 4 prior failed IVF cycles. Crossing my fingers that this is your time!

Jennifer... thank you! I was stressing out a little, but I'm trying not to. Hopefully all 4 will make it to blast stage so that they can be frozen (next Wed I think). Fingers crossed. BTW, I agree with Cass, I'm super close to my folks but they live thousands of miles away. I sooo wish they were closer. Help with a newborn is always a blessing.

5/16 start EPP
5/25 start stimming
6/06 ER
June 7th, 2013, 07:21 PM
My next appointment in this Tuesday. I'm assuming they will do an ultrasound to see how my ovaries are responding. Will they be able to measure or have some sort of idea about follicles at that point? It will make 4 days on Follistim.

I'm very excited to have my parents are moving closer. I had always lived close to them until we had to move a few years ago for my husbands job. The move has been so hard for my mom because of the grandkids. Plus, my mom has been having a lot of health problems and it is so hard for me not to be there for her.
My Son 13
TTC for 4 years
IVF in June 2013 (BFP)
1st Beta (10dp5dt) #761

Boy/Girl Twins

June 10th, 2013, 08:43 AM
TinaLou's Avatar Member
Jennifer, congrats on starting your stims. When you go on Tuesday they should start counting follicles and measuring some. Will they begin monitoring you every 2-3 days at that point? Best wished for strong growing follies!

3 IUI cycles in 2003
IVF Cycle #1: April 2013 Chemical pregnancy Ended April 26

IVF Cycle #2
Began BCP May 23
Suppression Check- June 18- I am suppressed!! 2 giant cysts on right ovary.
cysts aspirated 6/19
6/20/13 - Begin Follistim 225 and Menopur 225
June 10th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Tina...thanks!! I know that Tuesday they will do blood work and an ultrasound, and I'm not sure what is in store for me after that. This is my first IVF cycle, and my doctor only gives me the info to get me to the next appointment. I kinda like it because there seems to be so much to keep up with, but I would also like to know what to expect. I do have a retrieval date of June 18 (assuming everything goes as planned). I'm definitely getting nervous and anxious.

Have you started your injections yet, and do you have an estimated retrieval date?
My Son 13
TTC for 4 years
IVF in June 2013 (BFP)
1st Beta (10dp5dt) #761

Boy/Girl Twins

June 10th, 2013, 10:05 PM
TinaLou's Avatar Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jes81878 View Post
Tina...thanks!! I know that Tuesday they will do blood work and an ultrasound, and I'm not sure what is in store for me after that. This is my first IVF cycle, and my doctor only gives me the info to get me to the next appointment. I kinda like it because there seems to be so much to keep up with, but I would also like to know what to expect. I do have a retrieval date of June 18 (assuming everything goes as planned). I'm definitely getting nervous and anxious.

Have you started your injections yet, and do you have an estimated retrieval date?
Everyone on here seems to have such different regimens. Each RE kind of have his/her own preferred meds and protocols. It s always interesting to hear how others are cycling. What meds are you taking? We did our first cycle in March/April and I received all of my meds in the mail before my suppression check. It was overwhelming and super scary to see all of the needles and vials and contraptions with no clear instructions of what to do. All of the beginning shots ended up being no big deal! This process is definitely nerve wracking, I am thankful to have this forum of women experiencing the same roller coaster!

Well, AFM my last BCP will be Saturday, so I will go for a suppression check next Tuesday. If all is well I will begin shots that day. I am just praying that this cycle my estrogen levels are not through the roof. I have had so much pelvic pain that I worry I have cysts again. If that is the case my cycle will be postponed a week. I will be doing a Lupron flare. I will do about 5days of Lupron 2x a day then go for BW and U/S. At that point I should begin every other day monitoring with the addition of Follistim in the morning and Menopur shots in the evening. It is hard to know when my retrieval will be. My last cycle I was on Stims for 15 days, my follicles grew so slowly. Not really sure what to expect this time. One week and hopefully we will know a little more.

3 IUI cycles in 2003
IVF Cycle #1: April 2013 Chemical pregnancy Ended April 26

IVF Cycle #2
Began BCP May 23
Suppression Check- June 18- I am suppressed!! 2 giant cysts on right ovary.
cysts aspirated 6/19
6/20/13 - Begin Follistim 225 and Menopur 225
June 11th, 2013, 07:10 PM
TinaLou...I agree that everyone seems to have a different regimen, and I have learned so much from everyone.

I received all my meds at one time too, and I've never even taken Clomid before..so I was definitely overwhelmed. My meds are Follistim 225, Ganirelix, and Ovidrel.

My doctor had me on bc for 14 days, and then, I started taking Follistim 225 (6/7) four days after my last bc pill. Today(6/11), I had my ultrasound and blood work to see how the Follistim is working. He has me adding Ganirelix tomorrow. Friday, he wants me to only do Follistim 150. I'm scheduled for an appointment Saturday to get my final instructions. I'm kinda worried that I'm not being monitored more closely and didn't ge any measurements of the follicles, but he said everything was working perfectly and I had great follicle response. I still worry.

I hope everything works perfectly for you and look forward to hearing your good news soon.
My Son 13
TTC for 4 years
IVF in June 2013 (BFP)
1st Beta (10dp5dt) #761

Boy/Girl Twins

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search