May/June IVF/FET

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree122Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2013, 06:43 PM
cassthomas852's Avatar Veteran
Ok ladies... Thought I'd get this thread started for those that are planning for a May or June IVf or FET cycle!

I'm planning to do an FET in early May... If all goes well in the next few days!

Looking forward to following some BFPs in the next few months!
kayakr and L Marie like this.

Me- 32
DH - 35
TTC for over 6 years.

Jan 2013 - IVF #1
May 2013 - FET #1

6/7/13 - First ultrasound - Twins!
12/20/13 - Kayden and Caleb were born at 34 weeks!

April 5th, 2013, 07:57 AM
soapyseltzer's Avatar Cam
Me me me!!! I hope.

Cornell said if I am able to do my Day 3 testing by next week that I'll most probably begin Cycle 1 end of May/early June. (fingers crossed!)
*Leah*, cassthomas852 and L Marie like this.

Me: over 40; FSH (good); AMH (little low); E2 (great)
DH: over 40; good to go / great swimmers
DS: very active cute and funny
Meds: prenates, DHEA, CoQ10, D3, Omega3, Melatolin

1st IVF [Banking]: Antagonist w/ EPP
5/16 start EPP
5/25 baseline b/w & ultrasound
5/25 start stimming
6/06 ER
April 5th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Yay! Are you doing a fresh or frozen cycle? I'm doing a frozen transfer... I did a fresh one in Feb and got a BFN... So this is my 2nd go-round.

Will you be able to get Day 3 work done next week?

I'm just waiting for AF to show so I can start BCP for 12-20 days (depends on nurse and embryologist availability). Then I will do estrogen and progesterone shots before transfer. We are transferring two embryos this time, with hope that at least one (or two) will stick.
*Leah* likes this.

Me- 32
DH - 35
TTC for over 6 years.

Jan 2013 - IVF #1
May 2013 - FET #1

April 5th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Yay! Are you doing a fresh or frozen cycle? I'm doing a frozen transfer... I did a fresh one in Feb and got a BFN... So this is my 2nd go-round.

Will you be able to get Day 3 work done next week?

I'm just waiting for AF to show so I can start BCP for 12-20 days (depends on nurse and embryologist availability). Then I will do estrogen and progesterone shots before transfer. We are transferring two embryos this time, with hope that at least one (or two) will stick.

Me- 32
DH - 35
TTC for over 6 years.

Jan 2013 - IVF #1
May 2013 - FET #1

April 12th, 2013, 04:37 PM
So it looks like I'm on track for an early May transfer! AF showed today, so I start BCP Sunday. I should have my FET date on Monday.

Soapyseltzer- how's things going for you?
soapyseltzer and *Leah* like this.

Me- 32
DH - 35
TTC for over 6 years.

Jan 2013 - IVF #1
May 2013 - FET #1

April 18th, 2013, 11:57 AM
L Marie's Avatar Member
Hi Cassandra, I had been following you ladies on the Feb/March thread, and I am so sorry to hear about your last cycle I am crossing my fingers for you that this will be the one! <3
It has been slow going for us so far, I know as things progress, the process will speed up. We met with our RE back in March, she left us feeling a little off. I'm not sure how to word it, other than she was very negative, and not very personable at all. But her nurse was very supportive and helpful, thank god for nurses! We have an appointment on the 26th of April for the sperm extraction. Then (as long as the extraction goes well) I will be looking at doing blood work and ultrasound in Mid-May, the RE says we will be going thru with the ICSI method. I have found that following these threads on this site have been very helpful and resourceful. I hope to join you in this cycle Cassandra! Best Wishes! ~ Lisa
*Leah* likes this.
April 18th, 2013, 11:57 AM
L Marie's Avatar Member
And best of luck to you as well, Soapy Seltzer!
soapyseltzer likes this.

Last edited by L Marie; April 18th, 2013 at 12:00 PM.
April 18th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Lisa, sorry to hear that your RE was negative. It's so hard to deal with what we are going through, and to top it off to have an RE that doesn't give you the respect or time you deserve. Keep your head up and keep moving forward! I will be following you and praying that all goes well for all of us!

I got my FET date for May 16. I'm on BCP and I take my last one next Thursday. My pre-med baseline is tentative for April 29, depending on when AF shows.

Any updates soapyseltzer?
soapyseltzer, *Leah* and L Marie like this.

Me- 32
DH - 35
TTC for over 6 years.

Jan 2013 - IVF #1
May 2013 - FET #1

April 18th, 2013, 07:43 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Good luck Cassandra!!!! 2 sounds like a good plan!

Good luck Soapy and L Marie!!
cassthomas852 and L Marie like this.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

April 19th, 2013, 09:28 AM
L Marie's Avatar Member
Thank you, Leah and Cassandra! I have thought it over, and I feel like with what this woman does for a career she needs to be very technical and possibly cold so as to not get attatched....it's at least what I am telling myself so I don't think about it too much .
Either way, I am so happy our appointment wasn't this Friday, the area they had in lock down West of Boston is where our Dr. is! It has just been a nightmare for them down there, my heart goes out to that great city! And I hopeand pray that no more innocent people are harmed in the hunt for the second man.
April 19th, 2013, 09:28 AM
L Marie's Avatar Member
Oh, and a HUGE congratulations Leah! So excited for you!
*Leah* likes this.

Last edited by L Marie; April 19th, 2013 at 09:38 AM.
April 20th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Lisa- glad you didn't have to go down there with all that commotion going on. I'm glad they caught the second suspect alive and I pray we get some answers. My thoughts and prayers are with Boston and all those that lost their life. Big kuddos to all law enforcement agencies and other agencies that were involved!

When is your next appointment?
*Leah* and L Marie like this.

Me- 32
DH - 35
TTC for over 6 years.

Jan 2013 - IVF #1
May 2013 - FET #1

April 20th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Lisa- glad you didn't have to go down there with all that commotion going on. I'm glad they caught the second suspect alive and I pray we get some answers. My thoughts and prayers are with Boston and all those that lost their life. Big kuddos to all law enforcement agencies and other agencies that were involved!

When is your next appointment?

Me- 32
DH - 35
TTC for over 6 years.

Jan 2013 - IVF #1
May 2013 - FET #1

April 22nd, 2013, 09:36 AM
L Marie's Avatar Member
My husband's final appointment is this Friday (the 26th). We go to Boston one last time to do the sperm extraction, MESA, and find out the shape of his swimmers. The Dr. seems very confident in a quality retrieval, his testosterone levels looked great. *crossing fingers* then onto setting up my appointments.
April 22nd, 2013, 04:21 PM
Awesome! Sending prayers your way for healthy swimmers! So will you know the results that same day?

AFM- still taking BCP. 3 more nights and I should expect AF by next Sunday. Getting closer!
*Leah* and L Marie like this.

Me- 32
DH - 35
TTC for over 6 years.

Jan 2013 - IVF #1
May 2013 - FET #1

April 22nd, 2013, 04:21 PM
Awesome! Sending prayers your way for healthy swimmers! So will you know the results that same day?

AFM- still taking BCP. 3 more nights and I should expect AF by next Sunday. Getting closer!

Me- 32
DH - 35
TTC for over 6 years.

Jan 2013 - IVF #1
May 2013 - FET #1

April 23rd, 2013, 08:56 AM
L Marie's Avatar Member
It has been 10 years since I have been on BCPs! It will be weird to be taking them for the sake OF pregnancy, Haha Now, last cycle, were you going right from retrieval to 3-5 day transfer? Or was that with frozen as well? (sorry, just so many ladies to keep up with on that last thread) I am really praying this cycle will work for you! Do you think that all of the stress of retrieval has any influence on the embies chance of sticking? And maybe with transferring them without that stress will be more successful? I am sorry if that sounds dumb...this is all so new to me...
Thank you for the positive thoughts! The Dr. says that they literally take a sample, walk it across the hallway, examine it, and within minutes they know if they have a good sample. If they do not, then while still there, the Dr. will actually do a biopsy of the testes and take sperm directly from the main source. It also very quick, even if they have to go the extra step, all said and done it will be a half hour/45 office visit. And btw, we love this Dr. which is extremely helpful for my husband, he is more comfortable with this Dr. than the one who did the reversal. I love, love, Love my Man with all my heart!!! It has definitely been more pain for him than for me so far on this journey. He is awesome <3
cassthomas852 likes this.
April 23rd, 2013, 08:56 AM
L Marie's Avatar Member
why are we getting double posts on this thread? I hit reply once but get two posts....weird. This is an edited version of my double/I have not figured out how to just delete posts yet....

Last edited by L Marie; April 23rd, 2013 at 09:02 AM.
April 25th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Hi Lisa, not sure about the double posts, and I don't know how to delete them either. It seems that it's not doing it now. I've been posting from my iPhone, and there were a couple of nights I couldn't access the Just Mommies website from my phone. Maybe there was a bug or something with their site???

Your questions and thoughts dont sound dumb! Ask away! Better to be informed than un-informed or misinformed! Our last cycle we went straight to a 5 day transfer after retrieval. I think that your body is really stressed after a retrieval. Your ovaries are enlarged and your body is pumped with hormones that you aren't used to. If I knew better and wasn't so anxious, I would wait and do a frozen transfer after a retrieval. Plus, we only transferred one embryo the last time, and I wish we transferred two. Oh well, can't take back the past. Oh, and I forgot to mention... My body was going through caffeine withdrawals at the same time after the transfer, so I was doubled stressed.

I know what you mean about the BCPs! I hadn't taken them in about 7-8 years before our last cycle! Lol... It just felt weird to take them... It's all worth it though!
L Marie likes this.

Me- 32
DH - 35
TTC for over 6 years.

Jan 2013 - IVF #1
May 2013 - FET #1

April 28th, 2013, 05:25 PM
So how did the appointment go Friday, Lisa?

Me, I'm supposed to start AF today, but it hasn't shown. Hopefully it will tomorrow so I can make my day 2 appt!

Hope everyone had a good weekend! I was busy in the yard and outside all weekend enjoying the beautiful weather! We opened our pool too, so that's always exciting... Except that we have to replace the boards on the deck around the pool this year... More work and $$$!
L Marie likes this.

Me- 32
DH - 35
TTC for over 6 years.

Jan 2013 - IVF #1
May 2013 - FET #1

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search