June/July IVF/FET

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree200Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2013, 06:02 AM
TinaLou's Avatar Member
Just thought I would get this going as this will probably be where I fall. I began BCP on May 23, and this will be my 2nd round of IVF. Our first ended in April with a chemical pregnancy. It was devastating, but I am on summer vacation and have a great, low stress opportunity to try again. I was supposed to go for my suppression check on June 18, but the nurse called to change my schedule and extend my BCP for an additional week. This happened during our last cycle, I tend to have ER during holidays when my RE thinks he needs to take vacations. I just end up feeling frustrated! Last cycle they extended my BCP for two weeks and I ended up with ginormous cysts on each ovary. I am 5 days into BCP this cycle and already having lots of abdominal pain like experienced with the cysts. DHS called with his concerns and RE said we could choose to keep our original schedule or the modified. I just know with our last cycle I was not suppressed and ended up on an additional week of mess because my estradiol level was through the roof. Anyone who has been through more than one cycle, were you responses similar in each cycle?

3 IUI cycles in 2003
IVF Cycle #1: April 2013 Chemical pregnancy Ended April 26

IVF Cycle #2
Began BCP May 23
Suppression Check- June 18- I am suppressed!! 2 giant cysts on right ovary.
cysts aspirated 6/19
6/20/13 - Begin Follistim 225 and Menopur 225
May 27th, 2013, 09:01 AM
cassthomas852's Avatar Veteran
Tina- sorry to hear about your last cycle. I don't have any suggestions... I thought BCP helps prevent and/or dissolve cysts? Anytime I had one, my doc put me on BCP to get rid of them. Are you sure it's the BCP causing the cysts?

Wishing you lots of luck and sending baby dust your way!

Me- 32
DH - 35
TTC for over 6 years.

Jan 2013 - IVF #1
May 2013 - FET #1

6/7/13 - First ultrasound - Twins!
12/20/13 - Kayden and Caleb were born at 34 weeks!

June 9th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
Tina: Good luck to you! I had the same experience as Cassandra with BCP and cysts. Never heard of them causing them.

I think I fall in July also.
I am hoping I will be pregnant this cycle but if not I am hoping to start the IVF process in July. I interview with another IVF clinic tomorrow and I am pretty sure I am going to go with them. I am not sure how their program works but I think they cycle in groups and that makes me nervous because I dont want to wait 3 months or something.
If this cycle doesn't pan out AF will be due around 7-4 and I hope to start BCP but have no idea. Just guessing at this point.
*Leah* likes this.
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

June 10th, 2013, 06:37 AM
MandyEllen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Tina & Lucy...I am hoping for a 5 day transfer on July 1st! I took my last BCP on Saturday night. I overlapped it with Lupron for 4 days. I'm continuing the Lupron the entire cycle, but at a lesser dosage. I go back for bw & u/s tomorrow & should start Estrace to build up my lining....

Oh & I'm doing DE IVF with frozen eggs...so that's how I know my dates already! Hoping and praying for us all!!!
*Leah* likes this.
7/12/13 - 16 dpo beta=825
7/19/13 - 23 dpo beta=18,870
7/26/13 - 30 dpo beta=72,091

June 10th, 2013, 07:17 AM
L Marie's Avatar Member
Thanks for starting this thread Tina. I am so sorry about your last cycle, I have nothing to offer in advice...this is my first. I really hope this cycle goes much smoother for you!

Lucy, good luck with your interview today, I hope you are able to start soon!

Mandy, I look forward to following you and hope this cycle gives you a BFP!

As for me; Started BCP last week, and got the bill to be paid in full in advance for a tentative retrieval/transfer date around the 22nd of July....first time a bill had brought a smile to my face Haha....and it's a big one! Trying to get the financial office to bill my insurance. We have a reimbursment plan that covers almost .80 on the dollar, so, so far all of my BW and US and other office visits that have been billed to our insurance, they have sent us a check to help cover our expenses! It has been a huge surprise and help! So I figure why not try it with the big bill (almost 10,000$!!). Hope it will work, if not we have saved enough to cover one IVF cycle and hoping that's all it takes....*crossing fingers*.

Good luck to all of you!
June 10th, 2013, 07:22 AM
soapyseltzer's Avatar Cam
Hey Mandy, Lucy, Tina, and Cass...

I guess I fit in here also... I just finished an embryo banking cycle (my 1st IVF) a few days ago, and now I'm waiting for AF to show before starting my 2nd embryo banking cycle. Not sure yet if I'll do 2, 3 or even 4 banking cycles (my insurance max), but my DH and I hope to figure it out as we go. We're still debating whether or not to risk doing PGD since I'm over 40 and we already don't have too many eggs/embryos as it is. Any advice/insight on this will be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to following everyone's journey.

Me: over 40; FSH (good); AMH (little low); E2 (great)
DH: over 40; good to go / great swimmers
DS: very active cute and funny
Meds: prenates, DHEA, CoQ10, D3, Omega3, Melatolin

1st IVF [Banking]: Antagonist w/ EPP
5/16 start EPP
5/25 baseline b/w & ultrasound
5/25 start stimming
6/06 ER
June 10th, 2013, 10:47 AM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
Hello Ladies! Just offering some support and prayers to you guys! I am 11 weeks pregnant with IVF/DE/ICSI. Keep the hope alive - it can happen to you too!

I'll be lurking on a few of my favorite girls too so don't mind me!

You asked about PGD testing - We decided to go DE route instead of OE and doing PGD testing. If I would have used my OE I would have elected to do PGD because of my age.
*Leah* and L Marie like this.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
June 10th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Veteran
Hello ladies! I'm so glad someone finally started a IVF/FET for July!! I've been waiting a long time for this and I've wanted to post all these months but didn't have anything to say since I'm waiting still But it should be any time now! Well, no okay I do have an estimated date for my transfer (we are doing a FET) should be around July 1-3rd. Super excited, nervous not so much. We have two frozen embys and we are transferring both. We have decided this is our last try. (9 years is a long time) and next year if we don't have any baby(ies) due next year we will use our tax return to do adoption and just go with that. That's our decision, so we're going with it. Good luck ladies!
*Leah*, MandyEllen and L Marie like this.
June 10th, 2013, 02:39 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Hey girls! OMG I have so much to respond to, if I miss someone, I'll get back to you!

Diegosgal, glad to see you again. I'm in the same boat...waiting to txfer 2 frosties...I just don't have a timeline yet. Good luck! Love that you have a plan.

L Marie- can I have your reimbursement plan LOL Best of luck to you!!

Soapy, good luck with the banking. How many did you get this time? I thought they had to do PGD before they froze them? That is something to ask...because I asked about that after my m/c and they said they don't like to test them after they thaw and then re-freeze them...so if you are doing another fresh cycle, you'd have to make the choice now, right? If your ins pays for it, I'd say go for it. I just had a m/c and if it was because of some chromosomal abnormality, trust me, you do not want to put yourself through the heartache and physical and emotional pain of a miscarriage or multiple miscarriages if you can avoid it. If I were you, I would do the pgd. We are having our embryo biopsied for Chrom.abnormalities and if something comes back, we will have to do PGD. Your ins sounds amazing, so if they cover it, I know you'd have less embryos, but they will be awesome, perfect ones. I have a friend that they did this and they are now pg with twins.

Tinalou - sometimes IVF is a guessing game, especially the first cycle. My first cycle I had only 4 eggs, this time we got 11! So, yes, things can change from cycle to cycle. I agree with the other girls, I've never heard of bcps causing cysts, but help break them down/get rid of them. Best of luck to you!!!

Lucy! Praying you get preggers this cycle and don't need IVF...but if not, I'll be right there with you sweetie!

Mandy! Yay - omg you are so close.... go Mandy go!!!

AFM- I am waiting on the embryo chromosome testing...my ic hpt's are allllmost negative, so I think my beta is dropping much faster than last time. They said once I get the results of the testing and I have to have another SHG (UGH, another $550 grrr) then I can proceed with 2 weeks of bcp and then all the estrogen etc...and do our 2 frosties....praying this works. Otherwise, we have to come up with another 4k for meds, which we don't have. at all. *sigh* I HATE HATE HATE how expensive this is. It makes me so mad! done venting.....

I'm still mad/angry/sad about the M/C...I have good and bad days...I just hate this limbo...I want a goal to work towards...

Gretchen and Cassandra, thanks for being our cheerleaders
cassthomas852 likes this.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

June 10th, 2013, 02:48 PM
jes81878's Avatar Jennifer
Leah...I'm new to IVF and this is my 1st cycle...so I'm kinda ignorant with the whole process, but I have read a lot about mini-IVF cycles and heard a lot of success stories. They seem to be a lot cheaper and not as hard on the body. Have you put any thought into a mini?
My Son 13
Husband no bio/children (but the best father ever to my two boys)
TTC for 4 years
IVF in June 2013 (BFP)
1st Beta (10dp5dt) #761

Boy/Girl Twins

June 10th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Veteran
Sorry just wanted to jump in here. A mini-IVF, is actually only used if you produce and release a mature egg yourself. Most people who go onto IVF have an issue with ovulation. Like me, my body produces the egg, BUT it doesn't release it. I looked into the mini-IVF and my dr advised to do a natural cycle. Which I was happy he did, the price of the mini is very appealing, but it doesn't work for everyone. I think if I would ovulate myself we wouldn't have a problem getting pregnant. I just don't ovulate. GL to you Jennifer!
June 10th, 2013, 07:48 PM
diegosgal...thanks for sharing your knowledge and the good wishes. This is my 1st IVF cycle. We are here for tubal reasons, and I pray it works the 1st time. My insurance is covering the cost for this IVF cycle, but if we have to do any more infertility treatment, it will all be out of pocket. We are going to try one mini IVF if this cycle doesn't work for us.

Good luck to you too.
My Son 13
TTC for 4 years
IVF in June 2013 (BFP)
1st Beta (10dp5dt) #761

Boy/Girl Twins

June 11th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jes81878 View Post
Leah...I'm new to IVF and this is my 1st cycle...so I'm kinda ignorant with the whole process, but I have read a lot about mini-IVF cycles and heard a lot of success stories. They seem to be a lot cheaper and not as hard on the body. Have you put any thought into a mini?
I have already paid for a shared risk program (3 fresh cycles and as many frozen cycles as we have embryos and if we don't take home a baby we get 80%back minus meds) so the majority is already paid for...but if we have to do a fresh cycle again, I have to come up with the meds ($4000) two more times.

Mini IVF is usually stimulating with clomid, freezing all the eggs and then doing a frozen transfer the next cycle (because clomid craps out your lining)...my first IVF cycle I only had 4 eggs and none made it to freeze, and this cycle out of 11 eggs, we txfered 2 (on day 3) and 2 made it to day 5 to freeze. Our clinic is 1 1/2 hours away and is the closest clinic to us, and does not do mini-IVF. Also, I don't produce enough follicles on regular IVF meds to get many to freeze, so I don't think that the stimulation would be sufficient for me to get many on mini either.

I have looked into it, because a friend did it (it didn't work for her), but it's still 5k, in places that do perform it, but I just dont' think it would be the right option for me. Thanks for bringing it up though, not a lot of girls have heard of it and it could be helpful to others!

On a different note, my chromosomal testing came back as contaminated...either it took me too long to pass it, or it wasn't processed correctly at the lab. Either way, no answers on if there was anything chromosomally wrong with the embryo.

At least now I'll have my follow up appt soon with the RE and we can discuss the FET.
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?

Last edited by *Leah*; June 11th, 2013 at 07:37 AM.
June 11th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Diegosgal...I'm hoping for a July 1st transfer. Hoping we both get our BFPs together!!!

Leah...I'm sorry you didn't get answers on the cause of your m/c. I'm praying that your FET is the one that brings you home a baby.

Jennifer...Good luck with your cycle. I don't know much about mini-IVFs.

Soapy...Good luck with the banking. I think I remember that you have 4 frozen now, right??? I'm cheering for you!

AFM...I just got my instructions after my monitoring this morning. I lower my Lupron to 5 units each night and start the Estrace to build up my lining. I go back on Sunday morning to be sure that we can up the Estrace then.
*Leah* likes this.

June 11th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Veteran
I did forget to mention that Clomid is used in the Mini IVF's, thanks for clearing that up Leah. LOL Mt body is so used to that stupid stuff..... It never worked for me.

Yeah Mandy! Maybe we will get our little firecracker surprise in July! And will end up being a Pot Of Gold babies! Woot woot! How many frosties are you transferring? We only have two left so we'll transfer both. If one sticks awesome! If they both do we'll be done, if both take and ones splits ! And if they both take and split well then by gollie we'll be dancing on the moon! LOL Your protocol is so different from mine! I'm just waiting for AF to show from this cycle and then when CD3 happens I start Femara, and then go in for ultrasounds, monitored for a few day's finish Femara after CD7 and schedule the transfer the beginning of July. I will take a trigger (I think, I have it so) and then I'll start progesterone gel (yucky!) for as long as I need it. Interested how different Dr.s will approach this! When did you do your first round to get your frosties? Or are you using donor?

Shana
*Leah* likes this.
June 11th, 2013, 06:45 PM
cassthomas852's Avatar Veteran
Just wanted to say good luck ladies! I will be checking in on you all!
L Marie likes this.

Me- 32
DH - 35
TTC for over 6 years.

Jan 2013 - IVF #1
May 2013 - FET #1

6/7/13 - First ultrasound - Twins!
12/20/13 - Kayden and Caleb were born at 34 weeks!

June 11th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Leah..It sounds like you definitely know your stuff, and I'm sorry you didn't get the answers you were looking for and hope you have some good news to share soon.

Mandy..Thanks and good luck to you too.

Good luck to everyone else...I look forward to sharing our success stories.
*Leah* likes this.
My Son 13
TTC for 4 years
IVF in June 2013 (BFP)
1st Beta (10dp5dt) #761

Boy/Girl Twins

June 12th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Shana...I am using frozen donor eggs from RBA in Atlanta. It's called My Egg Bank. That's probably why our protocols are different. I have been on suppression meds to keep my system calm, I guess kind of like a FET. Right now, I'm on Estrace to build up my lining and 5 units of Lupron to keep things suppressed. So far so good...except for poor DH who I can't help but snap at most nights because the Lupron is making me crazy!!! I hope you're right behind me with a firecracker baby! (I like that...it's funny!)

Jennifer...When do you start your meds? Are you going to try a mini IVF?
*Leah* likes this.

June 12th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Mandy....I started my meds last Friday and am scheduled Saturday to get my final instructions for my retrieval. I'm doing a regular IVF cycle this time, but if this doesn't work, we are going to try a mini-cycle. My doctor seems to be very pleased with this IVF cycle, and I'm very hopeful, but I still worry.

I've never had any problems conceiving, but I had a tubal litigation after my son was born (10 years ago). Life happened, and I have been with my husband for 9 years now, and I want more than anything to give him his own child. I had a tubal reversal over 4 years ago, and we have been ttc ever since. I was suppose to start IVF in March, but somehow, I ended up pregnant naturally. That pregnancy was ectopic, and I lost my left tube too. I'm getting older and don't want to wait and see if I conceive naturally...so we are trying IVF. It is definitely heartbreaking and stressful.
*Leah* likes this.
My Son 13
TTC for 4 years
IVF in June 2013 (BFP)
1st Beta (10dp5dt) #761

Boy/Girl Twins

June 12th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Gooood luck Girls!! so excited for you all!!
L Marie likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search