Bedrest- Can we discuss?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2013, 02:43 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
Melissa talking about bed-rest has me thinking...

-So when you did IVF how long did you do bed rest and was that cycle successful?

-What about with FET/ Was it different and was that cycle successful?

-Would you change the amount of time hindsight?

-What did you do to kill the time? I want to put a list together to save time!
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

July 2nd, 2013, 03:05 PM
jes81878's Avatar Jennifer
Lucy...this is my 1st IVF so I don't have a lot of experience, but I'm pregnant and have my 1st beta tomorrow. I did a lot of research and found some really crazy things people do. I talked to my doctor, and he told me to continue my normal routine. It was warm that day, and he told me to enjoy a swim. He did tell me not to do strenuous exercise or heavy lifting and no sex, but it is important to keep your blood circulating for your uterus and walking would be good. I did my usual 3 miles walks for three days after, but my ovaries starting hurting (I think it's because of the retrieval..I had 17 eggs) and I cut back to 1 miles walks. I'm not sure if the 3 mile power walks had anything to do with my ovary pain, but if I ever have to do this again, I think I will stick to one mile walks. Good luck
My Son 13
Husband no bio/children (but the best father ever to my two boys)
TTC for 4 years
IVF in June 2013 (BFP)
1st Beta (10dp5dt) #761

Boy/Girl Twins

July 2nd, 2013, 03:09 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
-So when you did IVF how long did you do bed rest and was that cycle successful? I had the fresh transfer in the morning. I literally rode home (1 1/2 hours) laying down in the second row of our SUV, and then stayed on the couch the rest of the day except to pee. The next 3 days I just took it super easy...I got up to use the bathroom, shower, make some food, etc. but no real exercise or cleaning or anything. Mostly I just watched TV and read. We transferred two embies that cycle and had a successful singleton pregnancy.

-What about with FET/ Was it different and was that cycle successful? My FET was at 3 in the afternoon on a Friday. I drove immediately to a hotel (I was across the country from home and DH was traveling for work) and camped out in bed...no getting up except to pee and get my room-service supper. The next morning I got up, took a shower, and drove 4 hours to my Mom's (she had Claire). Sunday afternoon we packed up and drove 4 more hours to a hotel next to the airport. We got up early Monday morning, and I spent the rest of the day schlepping a toddler, stroller, car seat, and luggage thru airports and parking lots until we were home. I was really worried that I overdid it. We transferred two embies and had a successful twin pregnancy.

-Would you change the amount of time hindsight? In hindsight I wish I would have taken it easier after the FET...I didn't plan that as well as I should have. The results were still wonderful, but I was stressed about the traveling so soon after my FET.

-What did you do to kill the time? I want to put a list together to save time! Before my fresh cycle, I DVRed a bunch of stuff, bought some new books, and started a crocheting project. Those things kept me pretty busy. Netflix or Amazon streaming videos could keep a person busy for months Online shopping is always a good time-killer

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

July 2nd, 2013, 03:51 PM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
-So when you did IVF how long did you do bed rest and was that cycle successful? didn't have a fresh transfer

-What about with FET/ Was it different and was that cycle successful? Transfer was in the morning, had a 20 minute drive home, I camped out on the couch rest of day, getting up to pee and making a sandwich (husband had to go back to work) then went to bed later that night, got up the next day. I had the 2 days off work and did not do any strenuous activities, but sat around watching tv, cooked meals that type of stuff and went back to work on the 3rd day. I did not have a successful cycle.

-Would you change the amount of time hindsight? Even though I didn’t think it contributed to my BFN, I’m definitely going to take the whole week of work off and try to stay bedridden longer for my DE cycle!

-What did you do to kill the time? I heard laughter helps after transfer, so I tried to watch a few comedies, but I was truly board and will be interested in what the others did to pass the time.

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE
July 2nd, 2013, 04:18 PM
MandyEllen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am currently in my tww after a DE IVF, so more like a FET since I didn't stim. I had a Day-3 transfer on Sat morning. I came home and basically laid down for the rest of Sat, all of Sun and Mon and today until 4:30 when DH got home and we went food shopping. I walked as he lifted and filled the cart. Now in back to relaxing on the sofa.
My RE told me to take it easy. I have blood work scheduled for tomorrow morning, but then I'll come home and lay around tomorrow. I swimming on July 4th. And then I'll be a little more active after that. No exercise though.
I'm interested in reading this thread from people who've gotten bfps.
7/12/13 - 16 dpo beta=825
7/19/13 - 23 dpo beta=18,870
7/26/13 - 30 dpo beta=72,091

July 3rd, 2013, 11:31 AM
cassthomas852's Avatar Veteran
So when you did IVF how long did you do bed rest and was that cycle successful? My first fresh cycle was in February. I did bed rest for 24 hours, and then returned to semi-normal activities. I went grocery shopping, cooked, etc. That cycle was not successful.

What about with FET/ Was it different and was that cycle successful? My FET was in May, transferred two embryos. Hubby drove home and I stayed on the couch that evening and then went to bed. I got up the next morning and watched a little TV, then returned to my daily activities. I didn't do anything strenuous. My RE said 24 hours of bed rest and no sex for 4-5 days after transfer. That cycle ended in a twin pregnancy (10 weeks now).

Would you change the amount of time hindsight? No, I've read that more time is not necessary and does not improve your chances. If it did, all doctors would tell you to stay in bed for a week and everyone would end up pregnant! Besides, you need to keep the blood circulating in your uterus for a successful implantation. I also heard that keeping your feet warm helps with implantation.

What did you do to kill the time? I want to put a list together to save time! Watched TV, online shopping, Just Mommies, caught up on DVR'd shows, online games. I'm not a crafty person, so TV was my choice!

Me- 32
DH - 35
TTC for over 6 years.

Jan 2013 - IVF #1
May 2013 - FET #1

6/7/13 - First ultrasound - Twins!
12/20/13 - Kayden and Caleb were born at 34 weeks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search