Introducing myself!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2013, 12:59 PM
JessicaW's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi Ladies,

I'm scheduled for IVF in September here in Jersey. I start OCP today, Lupron in a few weeks and Follistim on Sept. 7. I'm on the "long Lupron" protocol.

I have mixed feelings about being here. We were having success with Follistim and IUI's (First IUI resulted in our DD and the second one in a very early m/c) but we were concerned about multiples with the IUIs. We've decided now to do IVF with single embryo transfer and CCS (comprehensive chromosome screen). Anyone else doing SET? We wanted to be certain we'd have a singleton and to possibly bank some embryos while I'm youngish (36).

So...overall it's a good thing that I'm here. And I'm certainly happy to be TTCing when so many of my friends are still trying to find the right situation to even start TTCing.

So hello! and I hope to get to know you ladies better!

TTC#2:
May-June 2013: Follistim + IUI = overstimulated, cycle cancelled
July 2013: Follistim + IUI = m/c at 4.5 weeks
August-Sept 2013: BCPs then IVF = freeze-all due to OHSS risk
October 2013: Natural cycle = BFN
November 6, 2013: Day 1 !!!!
November 24, 2013: Transferred one thawed euploid male embryo
November 29, 2013: BFP!
August 12, 2014: Cautiously hoping for this due date

August 7th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Jessica

Good Luck with everything. It is a long, sometimes hard process but it will be well worth it in the end. =) We have been trying for over two years and decided to try IUI, so we did 3 IUI's and all were unsuccessful. We took a few months off and decided to try IVF and it was the best decision! We are now pregnant with twins! I know you said were asking about single egg transfers and I did a 2 egg transfer. It is everyones own preference. I was so scared about being pregnant with twins! But I took that risk because we have been trying for so long and have had no success. I thought 2 eggs was a better chance of attaching, I really didn't think both would and they did and I am so greatful!! =) We have 4 frozen for the future if we decide to try for another, but if we were to try for another, I think I would only do a single transfer. =)

Good luck with everything! Keep us posted!

September 2012 - 1st IUI (Clomid)= BFN
October 2012 - 2nd IUI (Clomid) = BFN
November 2012 - 3rd IUI (Clomid) = BFN

1st IVF Cycle
BC - May 2013
ER - July 13, 2013
ET - July 18, 2013
August 7th, 2013, 09:20 AM
JessicaW's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks, Brooke! Congrats on your pregnancy!!! Great also that you have four frosties. We are really hoping to get some frosties...

Guess I won't have any news to report for more than a month but I'll be popping in and out to see how folks are doing.

TTC#2:
May-June 2013: Follistim + IUI = overstimulated, cycle cancelled
July 2013: Follistim + IUI = m/c at 4.5 weeks
August-Sept 2013: BCPs then IVF = freeze-all due to OHSS risk
October 2013: Natural cycle = BFN
November 6, 2013: Day 1 !!!!
November 24, 2013: Transferred one thawed euploid male embryo
November 29, 2013: BFP!
August 12, 2014: Cautiously hoping for this due date

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search