October/ November 2013 IVF/FET

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree750Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2013, 11:38 AM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way!
Welcome back Jenn!! YAY so excited so many of us are cycle super close together Best of luck to you
amberbanegas likes this.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

September 12th, 2013, 07:50 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Hi ladies! I'm Jenny, and I'm new here. We have had 4 failed IUIs, and a m/c of a natural conception. I am on BCP right now, and am scheduled to start stims on 9/27. I am doing an antagonist protocol (no Lupron), with a dual Lupron trigger planned (to redue OHSS risk) if I respond as well as expected. I will be on 150 Follistim for the first 3 days, and then 75 Follistim/75 Menopur. Ganirelix will be added when my follies get big enough. After 2.5 years of actively trying, I can't believe things are happening so fast now! Looking forward to sharing this journey with you ladies!
*Melissa* and *Leah* like this.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

My Belly Pics
September 13th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Welcome Jennylee and best of luck to you!! Sounds like a great stim protocol
JennyLee likes this.
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....

September 13th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Working mommy
Hi All! So excited to see this thread!

Jenn (in DC), Alicia and Melissa--so glad to see you all back!

On day 8 of BCP and had saline sono and trial transfer today. We are transferring 1 of our snow babies on Oct 10! Received our calendar and box of meds today. Brought back so many memories. Can't believe we are going to do this again! So exciting! Lupron starts next week!

I also agree with the sesame oil. Warm the needle/oil before and use a heating pad after the shot. Rotate sites. Definitely do-able.

Quick info about me: DH and I are 34. I have mild PCOS and he has MFI. We conceived our DD (6 1/2yo) naturally. We tried IVF/ICSI and brought our 18 month old DS into the world. We hope to have 1 more through this process.

Wishing everyone loads and loads of sticky dust!!
*Leah* likes this.

Our FET love to complete our family
September 13th, 2013, 08:45 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
Lol, okay, this is REALLY starting to feel like déjà vu. Having my best girls come back and cycle with me again???? Lol, and wasn't I the one who started the October IVF thread last time too? Lol.

Going back to the office with the season changing, air turning crisper and colors changing, and the smells of the RE's hand soap, and familiar nurse faces lol, it brings it all back. And now having you girls back too? Hahaha couldn't be more perfect.

I am definitely going with the sesame oil that my insurance covers. I just wasn't sure why they had prescribed me the other if they are both equal? I only start taking them daily when I get closer to my transfer, and then continue on until 10 weeks ish.
They will also have me on suppositories too. Endometrin I believe. It's what I used last time for my fresh, but didn't need the addition PIO with it.

Thanks for the input! I feel good about it.

So many new faces! Welcome every one! Looks like we have a great group!
*Leah* likes this.
September 14th, 2013, 12:08 PM
YAY, sounds like quite a great reunion group we have here

Welcome Katie L!!!!

September 16th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Veteran
Jenn in DC - Soooo great to see you in here! This is quite exciting to be going through this a second time with you and Melissa - always nice to see familiar faces, and there are oh so many new faces too!!!!

Welcome to all the new faces - I will have to go back and read to catch up on everyone, but one entry I saw...

AJ - we decided on tranferring one because not only does our clinic have one of the highest success rates for singleton births, they just took our age, health, and number of embryos (quality) into consideration. With the first time around, we didn't feel tranferring two warranted, being our first time and not having a real need. However, the second time around, I was considering transferring the last two together, but after talking with the doctor and our situation not really changing, he didn't quite see a need to transfer two, which was just his recommendation. At the end of the day it was up to us, but my husband wasn't quite boarding that ship of transferring two, LOL! So, we went with one, and now have our beautiful Olivia!

The decision really does vary each time. If my last two embryos weren't of great quality, we might have opted to transfer them both...hell the doctor may have even suggested it. Just listen to all the doctor is there is tell you, listen to your gut and with what is best for you guys!

Again, welcome to all the newcomers - looking forward to reading many more udpates ;o)
September 16th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Veteran
Melissa - I know what you mean about the deja vu - when I went for my hysteroscopy back in August, taking that drive, the waiting room, seeing the nurses - just all so surreal, AGAIN! One of the nurses the first time went in for bloodwork, heard my name and instantly asked about the baby - I was quite impressed that she remembered me, with all the ladies they see day in and day out. When I went back for the procedure, Olivia was in the waiting room with my husband, and she came out see her.

It's just all so exciting, yet I have that anxious feeling too. One day, I wish my transfer was tomorrow, and then the next day I am happy there is a bit more time, and I think that stems from the nerves of it all. It surely makes it a bit easier when you can have such a warm welcome back to the place you practically lived, for months!

Not to mention all the great support here!!!!
September 18th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Jenn in DC's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi ladies. Things have been super busy lately so I just now got a chance to read up on everyone's posts here.

Katie L - It is so great to see you back here too!! I was really nervous about going through this process (FET) again but I am feeling so much better about it now that I know I am going through it with some "old friends."

To answer the question about how we decided how many embryos to transfer - We decided to only transfer one each time because our clinic rarely ever transfers more than one. They have excellent success rates for live births and very, very low rates of multiples. While twins would have been very much loved and appreciated, having multiples was not our preference so we did not want to increase the chances of having twins. My first sFET resulted in a pregnancy but then a miscarriage (the embryo turned out to be of poor genetic quality). My second sFET resulted in my little boy. We currently have one blastocyst and two three-day embryos in storage so we are planning to do a sFET with the blastocyst this time.

Hope you all are having a good week.

I started a new cycle today. This will be my last cycle before my transfer cycle. It's getting close!!!
*Leah*, Katie L and h2c like this.

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
Cycle #13 - 15= IUIs with Clomid & Gonal F - All BFNs
Cycle #16 -21 - Natural Cycles, started acupuncture and chinese herbs - BFN
Cycle #22 - IVF Clinical Trial. Cycle Cancelled.
Cycle #23 - Minimal Stimulation IVF #1 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen on Day 3.
Cycle #24 - Mini-IVF #2 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen as expanded blasts on Day 5.
Cycle #25 - Mini-IVF #3 - 4 eggs retrieved (two mature and 2 immature), one egg made it to blast and was frozen. Five snowbabies in all!! Hysteroscopy.
Cycle #26 Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP and then miscarriage
Cycle #27 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP!!
Due Date: July 20th
Aven Robert Born on August 4th
September 18th, 2013, 01:24 PM
I got a call this am and am so excited to have my protocol!!

Stop bcps Oct 1
Start bcps Oct 7th
Stop bcps Oct 15th
Baseline U/S Oct 16th
Start meds Oct 19th
tentative retrieval Oct 29th

EDD July 22nd - but with a repeat c/s I will go a week early and will be due on my BIRTHDAY of July 15th WHOOO HOOO...it's a sign EEEEK

What will your Due Dates be if your IVF works ???? Has anyone else checked?
*Melissa*, swtneka, kayakr and 2 others like this.

September 18th, 2013, 06:14 PM
My meds arrived today. And as a first timer, can I just say - I can't possibly need all those needles, can I?! It's all well and good when they're explaining it at the office, but man, when you actually have it all at your house and it sinks in that you actually have to DO this... I know most of you have more experience with this than me, so please don't laugh at my naiveté, but yeah, **** just got REAL!
*Leah* and jessmgt like this.
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!

My Belly Pics
September 18th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Working mommy
Took my last BCP today. Started Lupron yesterday morning. DH does the shot. He was nervous to start them up again at first. But now he remembers how to do it. Both of my shots of itched afterwards for a little bit. I don't remember this from last time. Hope I didn't develop an allergy.

Mon the real fun starts. Still on Lupron but start ASA, doxycycline, and estrogen. Plus I am on metformin for mild PCOS. I hope I can keep all those meds down!

Leah, I have looked up my EDD. It would be June 28!!! And my birthday is July 17, DH is July 16. Many good days that week in July!!
*Leah* likes this.

Our FET love to complete our family
September 19th, 2013, 12:51 AM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
Melissa- I think that I am! I am SO new to all of this! I had hysteroscopy yesterday and also started my injections... I think that I will know if I am pregnant around the same time as your transfer! I used a calendar online and that was when I should take my pregnancy test... So we shall see! Good Luck to you!
*Melissa* and *Leah* like this.
September 19th, 2013, 07:44 AM
JennyLee, it is overwhelming at first!! I took pics of my mountain of meds lol You will use almost all the needles lol! What meds will you be on?

Amber, welcome What meds are you on?

Good luck Katie!!! yay fellow July Cancers

September 19th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Jenn in DC's Avatar Super Mommy
JennyLee - I agree that it is really overwhelming at first. Just take it one day at a time. It really isn't as bad as it seems when you first look at all those meds.

I don't know which day I will be transferring yet. I am not taking any meds before the FET, instead I am just cycling naturally they will be monitoring me to see when I ovulate and then do the transfer 5 days later. That said, 2 years ago, my cycle started on October 12 and I transferred on November 2nd and had a due date of July 20th (DS was born August 4th). I expect my next cycle to start around October 16th so the timing will be very similar. I would love to have another late July EDD because DHs b-day is July 24, mine is July 28 and DS is August 4. It would be fun to add another Leo to the family :-)
*Melissa*, *Leah* and Katie L like this.

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
Cycle #13 - 15= IUIs with Clomid & Gonal F - All BFNs
Cycle #16 -21 - Natural Cycles, started acupuncture and chinese herbs - BFN
Cycle #22 - IVF Clinical Trial. Cycle Cancelled.
Cycle #23 - Minimal Stimulation IVF #1 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen on Day 3.
Cycle #24 - Mini-IVF #2 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen as expanded blasts on Day 5.
Cycle #25 - Mini-IVF #3 - 4 eggs retrieved (two mature and 2 immature), one egg made it to blast and was frozen. Five snowbabies in all!! Hysteroscopy.
Cycle #26 Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP and then miscarriage
Cycle #27 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP!!
Due Date: July 20th
Aven Robert Born on August 4th
September 19th, 2013, 11:40 AM
WOW! So many July bdays in this group!!!! I hope we get to add little babies that month as well
amberbanegas likes this.

September 19th, 2013, 12:19 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
It all depends on if it is a singleton or twins.

If a singleton. I would be due July 18th.

If twins, probably about a month before. I developed pre-e around 35 1/2 weeks. Delivered a few days shy of 36 weeks and they were healthier than my over due singleton lol.

Personally, I am strangely hoping for twins again. I have been working my buns off to be healthy and in shape, preparing for twins.

I am 5'7 and usually weigh about 130. I was 125 before I got pg with the twins, and actually weighed less at the end, than I did with my singleton.
I also lost the weight much faster after my twins vs the singleton, and I think it is because I started with a lower weight. So THAT is what I am focusing on now. Being fit and in shape for the pregnancy!

It's all happening so fast ladies!!!!! We are all going to get pregnant soon!!!!! And Lord willing, all those precious little babies will stay put and thrive until their due!!!!!!

Wahooooo!!!!!
*Leah*, jessmgt and amberbanegas like this.
September 19th, 2013, 03:00 PM
I will be doing Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, and of course, PIO. I really shouldn't complain, as I know I'm doing way less than a lot of people. I had a u/s this morning - ovaries are all quiet, and lining is nice and thin. Six more days of BC, then we are good to go to start Follistim next Friday! Retrieval should be 10/6-10/10.
*Leah* likes this.
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!

My Belly Pics
September 19th, 2013, 09:22 PM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
Still Waiting: I am currently taking Folic Acid and daily injections of Decapeptyl. I am not so sure what is next... I am just waiting until AF comes... I am so anxious!

How will I know when the ER is? How long after your AF do they check out your eggs? My doctor said I would be taking another injection once AF comes... I really do not know what it is for though <Confusion>
Speaking of... Are any of you losing focus? Or having trouble concentrating?
September 20th, 2013, 03:28 AM
JessicaW's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi ladies,
I'm switching over from the August/September thread. We did a fresh cycle that ended up being freeze all due to OHSS risk. I don't know yet how many blasts we'll have from that, I'm in a blast-only program, but assuming at least one, we will sFET in late October...
*Leah* and amberbanegas like this.

TTC#2:
May-June 2013: Follistim + IUI = overstimulated, cycle cancelled
July 2013: Follistim + IUI = m/c at 4.5 weeks
August-Sept 2013: BCPs then IVF = freeze-all due to OHSS risk
October 2013: Natural cycle = BFN
November 6, 2013: Day 1 !!!!
November 24, 2013: Transferred one thawed euploid male embryo
November 29, 2013: BFP!
August 12, 2014: Cautiously hoping for this due date

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic: