October/ November 2013 IVF/FET

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree750Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 28th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Kaitie9399's Avatar Veteran
It's been a very long time since I've been on these boards. 4 years ago I did 3 IUI and 2 IVF cycles and they all failed. It broke my heart and my spirit. I am now starting IVF #3 and day 1 has already been such a messy, nasty roller coaster of emotions that now I'm second guessing everything. I just need some positive words--no matter how hard DH tries (and boy does he like to try) nothing he says makes me feel any better.

Thanks.
October 28th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Hang in there Kaitie! It will all be worth it in the end, or at least you can know true to your heart that you tried everything you could. I bet it will happen though! How did the last two cycles go? Did you get a good number of eggs? Good fert?

I on the tail end of my first round of IVF after 2 failed IUIs...

Hugs
October 29th, 2013, 03:09 AM
Veteran
Katie! I had failed IVF and am back for my first FET! It WILL work for you girl!!!! I believe it will all come together for you!!!!!! We are in this together This is a great group of girls. I am going to be cycling (kind of since I'm doing a FET) with you. I'm on day 4 of my meds. welcome back!

Ladies who have taken estrace/estradiol (estrogen). I am starting day 4 of estrogen and I'm feeling really bloated. Is that an effect of the estrogen? I'm also feeling some pressure in the belly area. I'm going to google if this is typical. 2 more days till Halloween!
TTC for one year (2010-2011) and knew something was wrong.
IVF/ICSI in Feb 2012. Transferred 2 embryos (7 and 8 cell 3dt)
FET - July 1 2014 - Transferred 2 embryos (two 8 cell 3dt)
October 29th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Veteran
Melissa - two more days!!!!!!!!

First blood draw was good - they are looking for level of 50 and I was at 108; now taking two estrace in the morning and at night, go back Friday for more blood testing - Yipee!!!! LOL!

Hoping - I am on estace pills, but I haven't noticed too much bloating as of yet. I wouldn't be surprised if any of these medications could cause that though......"Grrrrreat" <------(insert sarcasim here) lol

Welcome Katie - hang in there! There have been so many roads traveled with all these wonderful girls, in going through this process - now, yourself included - we are all here for each other and it's wonderful to have such great support! Sending poisitive vibes your way!

Thinking of everyone! ;o)
October 29th, 2013, 05:44 AM
JillK's Avatar Veteran
Welcome Katie! It is a very emotional ride & I look at it somewhat as a gamble. I have been thinking to myself that although it is a long wild ride with no guarantee on a positive outcome, a couple years from now I would be beating myself up for not even trying it..........& also a few years from now we could have a wonderful new child. So either way, it is so worth it!
*Melissa* and CaliTeacher like this.
October 29th, 2013, 06:38 AM

This one taken this morning 12 days post retrieval is pretty darn clear!! Why is it that I still feel soo anxious for the blood test? Anyone heard of false positives this late? I know it's not the trigger shot anymore...

Hope everyone has a good day!

And, no I have not had bloating from just the estrogen, but everyone's body is different... No fun. I felt SUPER bloated after the retrieval for about 3 days though.
October 29th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Veteran
Cali - So awesome to see one of those! I always buy those and use those right off the bat, love them! I usually try to wait until just a couple days before my blood test because with my daughter, I took one, it was negative. I just happened to take one the morning before my blood test and it was positive!!!!! SURPRISE! If you know it isn't the trigger anymore, I would think it's legitimate.

Congrats! And positive vibes for nice beta numbers!

When do you do go for the first blood test?
amberbanegas and CaliTeacher like this.
October 29th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Hello Ladies,
Yesterday was my baseline us and blood work!!! They said everything looks great for the start!!! I'm so excited!!! They did add meds to my schedule. Anyone else take hcg along with menopur and Gonal f????

Hello Ladies,
Yesterday was my baseline us and blood work!!! They said everything looks great for the start!!! I'm so excited!!! They did add meds to my schedule. Anyone else take hcg along with menopur and Gonal f????
October 29th, 2013, 08:58 AM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
Congrats Cali Teacher!!!
I had my egg transfer today. We also froze 9 eggs! I am having slight cramping, is that normal?

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com

October 29th, 2013, 12:03 PM
JillK's Avatar Veteran
Congratulations, Cali!
amberbanegas likes this.
October 29th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Super Mommy
Congrats Amber!! How many did y'all transfer??
amberbanegas likes this.
October 29th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Kaitie9399's Avatar Veteran
Thanks, I feel better today.

I start my injections on Saturday and my retrieval should be the week of the 11th. We're biopsying my day 5's and freezing them and transferring two back for my December cycle.
*Leah* and amberbanegas like this.
October 29th, 2013, 08:39 PM
We transferred TWO Is the cramping normal?

October 30th, 2013, 03:31 AM
Veteran
Amber, I think that is normal and I think it could be a sign of implantation!!

Cali- yay yay yay yay! You are preg girl that hcg shot is def out of your system by now!!!!
TTC for one year (2010-2011) and knew something was wrong.
IVF/ICSI in Feb 2012. Transferred 2 embryos (7 and 8 cell 3dt)
FET - July 1 2014 - Transferred 2 embryos (two 8 cell 3dt)
October 30th, 2013, 03:55 AM
I hope you are right! I am out of work for 2 weeks... I think this is going to be the hardest 2 weeks of my life! And I am dying of thirst!

October 30th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Amber- I did not have any cramping after my transfer, but everyone is different. Implantation takes a couple days, which can cause cramping, but is a little early. Ask your RE if you are worried, but I would think it's prett normal. A catheter was shoved up your not so fun lady parts....

Luh Luh- Yay for gettin started and having a clear baseline! I was not on HCG for my med protocol, but I'm sure your docs have a reason. Good luck!!

I'm still sooo anxious that I have a chemical pregnancy. Halloween cannot come fast enough. I want my beta blood test! One more day! Ug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbanegas View Post
I hope you are right! I am out of work for 2 weeks... I think this is going to be the hardest 2 weeks of my life! And I am dying of thirst!

Yes- This 2 week wait is definetly the hardest part!! Hang in there!
*Leah* and Luh-Luh 2012 like this.
October 30th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Cali Teacher- It is so cute... I just woke up from a nap and my DH said he had called the doctor for me and it is normal. They also said taking a Panadol is ok (It is like Tylenol, I never heard of it until I got over here) I also think that you are right about it being a bit early because implantation should start today or tomorrow. IDK though! Did you have 1 or 2 embryos put back in? I hope I get a BFP too! I think that I will test on the 8th (it is our Anniversary)

A lot of you ladies have a big day tomorrow... I pray you all get great news!
XOXO

Also... CaliTeacher.... I seriously doubt it is a chemical pregnancy...
*Leah* likes this.

October 30th, 2013, 09:23 AM
HI Ladies,
I have been following along since I started taking meds on the 25th. Went for us today and I only have 3 follies. I am super bummed out. Dr said he saw at least 4 maybe more 5 days ago. Very worried we won't have enough to transfer. Meanwhile my DH has been a big ball of anxiety for over a month now. I really need him to get his act together and be supportive.
It is really helpful to have you guys to follow along with. So exciting to se BFPs!!!!
October 30th, 2013, 12:47 PM
I am so enjoying the discussions on this board and try to stay as up to date as possible. Looking forward to reading back about everyone's experiences in the next few weeks as I embark on my own cycle.

I am so glad my process is starting... took last BCP last night and Friday is the start of the injections... so exciting. IVF week is Nov 11-15 timeframe.
October 30th, 2013, 02:18 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Zki...welcome!! What meds are you on? were u on lupron? how is your fsh or amh?.... hang in there...more follies can pop up...and my first IVF of 4 eggs gave me my daughter. I have 4 this cycle too...try to stay positive!!!

Cali!!! good luck toomorrow!

My ER is at 11:45 tomorrow!!!
amberbanegas and Luh-Luh 2012 like this.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search