October/ November 2013 IVF/FET

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree750Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2013, 03:30 AM
Veteran
Hi Melissa and everyone,

I think we will be on the same cycle and have the same length of frozen embryos.

I tried IVF back in Feb 2012 and it failed Since then, I have lost a good but of weight (intentionally) to try to help me be healthier and hopefully have a successful FET. Went from about 245-175. I have 8 embryos left, 6 of them at the PN stage which I think we will try first. We are going to start the process in late October. Melissa, I'm pretty sure I recognize your name from the groups I was in before. You give me hope. I am so scared of failing. We are trying with a new doctor who does things a bi differently. Ahhh! Good luck girls!
*Melissa* and *Leah* like this.
TTC for one year (2010-2011) and knew something was wrong.
IVF/ICSI in Feb 2012:
FET - July 2014 - - Praying!

September 20th, 2013, 10:35 AM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Welcome 12BAMommy!!!! What is the PN stage? Best of luck to you and WTG on the weight loss! I'm currently trying to shed a few through paleo diet I'm doing really well so far 7 lbs down
jessmgt likes this.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

September 23rd, 2013, 10:26 AM
This is my first post on this site. My husband and I are undergoing our first round of IVF in Mid November and I am interested in hearing from others on a similar schedule. Taking the BC pills now and they make me feel so "under the weather". Seems like friends all around me are popping out kids left and right, all in the 2 years we have been trying. Did IUI from Feb 1st through Aug 31 (every month except 1) and are looking forward to having a higher chance of a positive with this IVF cycle.

I am not concerned with the medications or injections (surprisingly comfortable getting them and giving them to myself at this point), but I am nervous about the retrieval.

I am also trying to get in shape before our November IVF week, which is difficult as these pills are making me feel like I have the flu...

Good luck to everyone on our similar cycle!

Looking forward to watching the discussions!
*Leah* likes this.
September 23rd, 2013, 12:00 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
Welcome 12BAMommy, and cvcalhoon!!!!

Getting in shape is a great idea before the retrieval and transfer. I feel like that definitely helped for my fresh. And I am doing the same for this transfer. I am running atleast a mile every other day, and strength training too.

I am so glad to see all these new faces, and experienced ones too.

October is going to be here before we know it!!!!! Holy smokes!!!
September 23rd, 2013, 01:00 PM
Welcome CV Best of luck to you I'm sorry for all the failed IUI's...btdt too...but you are now giving yourself the best chance ever

Glad the needles and stuff do not bother you! The ER is a breeze, at least I thought it was. Just tenderness afterwards. So excited for you
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?

September 24th, 2013, 01:48 PM
WHere is everyone?? LOL

I went to acupuncture today and set up all my appts for the next month! Is anyone else doing Acup?

September 24th, 2013, 08:02 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
I am taking my last BCP tonight! As someone who hasn't been on any BC for a very long time, should I expect a full on period?
*Leah* likes this.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
September 24th, 2013, 10:58 PM
Working mommy
I had my first monitoring appt yesterday. My ovaries are looking fine--no cysts. But my period never started after stopping my BCP last week on Wed. My Dr wasn't there but the one I saw said--"I like to have a period to clear out the old lining". What do I do if it doesn't start?
I'm on estrace, doxycycline, aspirin, lupron and metformin now. Everything goes as planned...transfer is 2 weeks from Thur!!
*Leah* likes this.

September 25th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Veteran
Welcome Newcomers!!!!!

Nothing new with me - AF showed like clock work, so now the countdown is on for AF next month when I start taking the meds to prepare for the FET.

I gave a work a heads up about it, as I am sure I will have morning appointments again, etc. and I was very open about it with them last time and they were great. Telling them made it feel so real...since we aren't telling family, telling them at work made it feel more real.

CAH-RAZY!!!!
;o)
Katie L likes this.
September 27th, 2013, 12:42 AM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
Forgive me that it's going to take me a little bit to catch up on this thread
As many of you know, found out today our first IVF failed
Bright side is we did eSET and our FET is free- including meds!
We have been placed in the Nov FET group after begging! Did NOT want to go through Dec group!
We should be transferring Two 5AA frosties somewhere between the 17th-23rd!
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

September 27th, 2013, 07:57 AM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Took my last bcp on Tuesday, and woke up today with terrible cramps, but not much bleeding, a lot like the period I had after my surgery. My first ever injection is in like, 8 hours I wish I could just do it now and get it over with - I know I'll feel so much better once I've done one. Any insider tips to make it easier?
*Leah* likes this.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
September 27th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prendy09 View Post
Welcome Newcomers!!!!!

Nothing new with me - AF showed like clock work, so now the countdown is on for AF next month when I start taking the meds to prepare for the FET.

I gave a work a heads up about it, as I am sure I will have morning appointments again, etc. and I was very open about it with them last time and they were great. Telling them made it feel so real...since we aren't telling family, telling them at work made it feel more real.

CAH-RAZY!!!!
;o)
YAY, I actually only had 3 appts for FET, and one was the actual transfer, one a lining check a week before txfer and my initial bloodwork appt. It's easy peasy!!! BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyLee View Post
Any insider tips to make it easier?
Mix it up (what meds are you doing?), get out the air bubbles, let the alcohol swab dry on your skin or else it can sting, grab up an inch of skin, pinch it and aim it like a dart. The faster you go, the less it will hurt! You'll do fine GOOOOD LUCK!

[QUOTE=Katie L;27678537]What do I do if it doesn't start?

QUOTE]

Keep chugging on. I'd let them know if you don't. But it will probably really depend on how your lining looks at the lining check, about a week or so before transfer. How long were you on bcps for and when was your last bleed? Best of luck to you!!
Katie L likes this.

September 27th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy S. View Post
Forgive me that it's going to take me a little bit to catch up on this thread
As many of you know, found out today our first IVF failed
Bright side is we did eSET and our FET is free- including meds!
We have been placed in the Nov FET group after begging! Did NOT want to go through Dec group!
We should be transferring Two 5AA frosties somewhere between the 17th-23rd!
((HUGS))...I'm glad you pushed your way into the Nov cycle! But I'm sorry you are here. I'm glad you're transferring two The FET is so much easier, I know it's going to be your magic
jessmgt likes this.

September 27th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Thank you leah!
I get to watch you do your ER and transfer and BFP to distract me!
*Leah* and jessmgt like this.
Due with #3
My blog

September 27th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Working mommy
Lucy--So sorry about the BFN. Glad you get to start the FET ASAP. Loads of sticky dust for you.

Jenny--I agree with everything Leah said. Pinching is key. Go fast and like a dart!

Leah--thanks for the advice. I called my RE yesterday and they said what you said. Carry on and they'll check my lining next week. I only took 2 weeks of BCP, so maybe not enough to withdraw?? I was BCP for years (ironic, I know) and always had a cycle. So not sure why it didn't work this time.

I'm super tired lately. Maybe the Lupron or the Estrogen? I swear I don't remember many side effects last time. But this time I am moody and exhausted. And that's before a BFP!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!
*Leah* likes this.

September 28th, 2013, 08:45 AM
I love seeing all the stages start to come together ladies!!!!!

Nothing too exciting for me yet. I have 6 more days of brith control. In 3 days I add in aspirin, and some antibiotic too I think? I will have to check my calendar. Along with my prenatal and last few BCP.

I am sooooo excited/ nervous!!!
September 28th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Thanks or the welcome ladies!

I am so excited to see all you go through this right before me! The last thread was kinda dead :/

Questions about FET since I am just now starting my research on it now that we have to cross this bridge...
How long typically are you on BCP & Lurpon? I haven't gotten my calendar yet and I am wondering if you go on it for a couple weeks? A month? They just said meds start soon but no idea what that means and Lupron still scares me! Although I hated BCP more than any other med in IVF thus far lol!

Last question- If they thaw 2 frosties and one doesn't survive can they quickly defrost another? What happens if god forbid that happens? I thought I remember defrost was quick

Many thanks!!
*Leah* likes this.
Due with #3
My blog

September 28th, 2013, 03:35 PM
I started BCP as soon as I knew I wanted to TTC #4( hopefully 5 too) so I have been n it for about 4 months. The long, the better for me, I have PCOS and my cycles are screwy. This way, they had complete control over my reproductive system.
I don't know if there is a standard. Probably atleast just one cycle before the start of your FET cycle.

As far as thawing goes... My embryologist told me that they will set up a thaw plan.
For example, say I have 2 embryos and I want only one transfer. They would thaw one, see how it looks. If its good, they will go on as planned. If not, they will follow your protocol.

I have 2 left and want both thawed, so there aren't many options there. They will either be healthy or not. It scares the poo out of me :/ but I trust God's plan for their tiny lives, and hope I get to have them both )
September 28th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Thank you!
My chart says for the Nov group that I have to start BCP by 10/6 but I was wondering when they have me stop with FET and the Lurpon overlaps normally, or no?
I need to catch up on my reading and researching! I think I thought if I looked up FET I would jink this IVF

Good luck with your transfer! i am sure if will go beautifully!!
Due with #3
My blog

September 29th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Veteran
Hi Guys! I am having a difficult time with this board because it isn't super easy to navigate on my iphone/ipad. I am on my computer and it looks much better!!! Anyway, looks like I will be right around you girls with a FET. I am super nervous!!!! We did IVF with ICSI in Feb 2012 and it failed. My doc is in another state (about an hour away) and I was referred to a new doc who I really like. He does things differently. For those who have done IVF/FETs and have been successful, did you transfer a 3 day or 5 day embryo? My IVF we transfered two embryo's 7 and 8 cell 3 days. My new doc feels that 5 days are much more viable. I am nervous bc I would be arranging to transfer my embryos to my new doc and they want to thaw them and let them sit another 2 days to a 5 day stage. Thoughts???

Also, I won't know what my "FET meds/process" will look like until I meet with the nurse on October 8th. I have my period now, so I am hoping I only have to have my period one more time before starting and not two more times. Is there a way I can try to target my transfer date? I assume they will put me on BCPs for a bit so maybe this is possible? Ahhhhh. Would love if anyone could help me understand how long of a process this is, medication wise between "starting" and a transfer. I am trying to plan for a certain time frame for maternity leave should a FET work, so it would be helpful. Lastly, does anyone know how to calculate a due date from a FET? THANKS LADIES!!!!
TTC for one year (2010-2011) and knew something was wrong.
IVF/ICSI in Feb 2012:
FET - July 2014 - - Praying!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search