October/ November 2013 IVF/FET

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree750Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2013, 04:41 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
I have successfully done two Follistim injections. It took me several attempts before I could actually bring myself to do it, and I started crying at one point, sure I couldn't do it, but I finally did. Second time was better. I have a little pain after I pull the needle out - I think I'm moving it around too much. Follistim again tonight, and then we add Menopur tomorrow. The mixing of that one has me nervous. I hope I don't screw it up!
*Leah* likes this.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
September 29th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Veteran
Hi Leah! I changed my username from 12B. 2PN is like the next day (just that sperm fertilized an egg) then was frozen.
*Leah* likes this.
TTC for one year (2010-2011) and knew something was wrong.
IVF/ICSI in Feb 2012:
FET - July 2014 - - Praying!
September 29th, 2013, 07:02 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
I agree 100% with your new doctor. Day 5 embryos or "blasts" have MUCH higher success rates for implantation. So much happens after day 3 in the life of an embryo, for various reasons.
For example. I was a 26 when I had my IVF retrieval. Our only infertility factor is PCOS ( very lean) no male factor.
I had 13 embryos fertilize naturally. No ICSI. Of those I had about 8 on day 3 and only 4 made it to blast. That means half of those embryos ( had they bee transferred would have resulted in a negative cycle)
They transferred 2 of the blasts obviously both took- so I am a BIG fan of day 5 transfers!!!!!

As far as thawing them and growing them an additional few days to make it to blast, I have no experience with that and haven't heard of it. I suppose it makes sense though!!!

Whatever you do, we are here to support you!!!

Last edited by *Melissa*; September 29th, 2013 at 09:05 PM.
September 29th, 2013, 09:07 PM
JennyLee!! Congrats on the injections!!!! Lol I remember when I would get myself allll worked up before injecting myself!!!! It gets better! I promise
September 30th, 2013, 03:50 AM
Veteran
Thanks Melissa!!! I feel so dumb going thru 2 previous doctors and switching, but the 1st one was so bad and the second one was just so far away that I made a consult with the 3rd. Almost cancelled with the 3rd and was glad I didn't after the meeting. I have to go rent a tank and transfer my embryos next week. Slightly freaking out about that one but clearly it's done enough that they have a process for it. I only have 8 frozen embryos, 6 to try a FET with at first. I almost wonder if I should just do another round of IVF instead because of this FET doesn't work, that's what I will be back to. Now that you say it though, it doesn't make sense to use the embryos that weren't immediately frozen first because, the other ones that were immediately frozen (6) would be the ones to try first. The only thing is that they wouldn't be able to freeze them again so I may as well thaw them all and hope for some good 5 day blasts. Hoping with all my might!!!! I took a break from baby stuff to lose weight after my 1st IVF failed. I was 245 lbs. I'm now 185 (I am 5'7) and then I had a mastectomy due to early stage breast cancer. Imagine that!!!! I desperately want a baby. My mom has cancer and I think of how happy it would make her to have a grand baby to look forward to. Thanks Melissa!!!
IVF/ICSI in Feb 2012:
September 30th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
HopingForBaby214- I agree with Melissa! I am surprised they froze so early!
Not sure about timeline and meds. I am getting my calendar today. I start BCP today and my FET will be between 11/17-23.
IVFConnections.com - IVF Due Date Calculator by Date of Transfer, Retrieval, Ovulation or Insemination
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

September 30th, 2013, 12:53 PM
LindseyandJoeinAL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi girls! It's bittersweet that I think I'll be joining you. I am 9 days past 3 day transfer (12 dpo) and keep getting bfns. At this point with my positive IVF cycle that resulted in my daughter, I was getting glaring bfps. My beta is Thursday, but I've accepted the fact that it's most likely going to be negative.

We bought a package deal through Attain with 2 fresh and 2 frozen cycles. They want you to do fresh,frozen,fresh,frozen, but we only have one frozen blast, so I'm going to ask my RE to request an exception and allow me to go straight into another fresh cycle immediately. Hopefully that would put my retrieval and transfer in early/mid November.

With all that being said, hi old friends- Prendy, Jenn in DC and many other familiar faces! I wish us all lots of luck and prayers that we get 100% bfps this go around!
*Leah* likes this.
TTC baby #2

lap surgery Apr 2010 stage 2 endo removed
IVF #1 BFN 11/2010
IVF #2 BFP! 12/2010
Wonderful, sweet daughter Khloe born August 2011
FET #1 - Oct 2012 BFN
FET #2 - Dec 2012 BFN
2nd lap surgery Dec 2012 stage 1 endo removed
IUI Apr 2013 cancelled due to producing 10 mature follicles
IUI June 2013 BFN
IVF #3 Sept 2013 BFN
IVF #4 Nov 2013 BFP! on 8dp3dt
Expecting boy/girl twins 8/1/14

September 30th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Reading these messages has been so helpful. I don't know anyone IRL who is going through this and I can see how encouraging one another is a great way to get through this process.

Lucy S - I am doing my retrieval and transfer the week of Nov 10-16. So fun to have someone near me on the calendar.

For now, the calendar seems like it is moving so slow as I look at all of my appts on the calendar. However, today is my trial transfer, which is the first appt on my calendar... very excited to have this day here!

Thank you all for writing your experiences and I look forward to interacting with you all over the next month+.

LindseyandJoeinAL: Hoping for a positive result for you!
September 30th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Veteran
Lucy - Sorry to hear about your negative. However, you are not surrounded by the best group of girls. When I need a pick me up, I love coming here!

LindseyandJoe - I am sorry your cycle didn't work this time. It's "unfortunate" to "meet" like this again, but I am happy to be in such great company - Welcome!

I think there may have been even a couple more new names? I am not sure. I do apologize, as I don't have as much time to be on the boards as I did the first time I went through this process, so please forgive me if I am not always up to date, or only respond to any most previous entries.

So, I was a little off with my timing - I thought I would be transferring mid November, but it would really be the very first week, if all goes well. I know it's really only the difference of a week, but when I think of that basically being about a month from now - WOW!!!!!

I always try to be positive about this process, and even though my first pregnancy result in a m/c, can this really result in a 3rd BFP in a row? <Big sigh> I am all for another BFP, obviously....it's m/c part I can totally do without!

For tihs cycle they want me to take baby aspiriin - I can pretty much pick up anything. Is there any brand/type that people use? Are store brands just as good? I have never had to take them before, so don't know. Also, what part does the aspiriin play in the process?

Thinking of everyone!

Lucy - you NOW surrounded by the best group of girls!!!!!!! LOL
September 30th, 2013, 01:13 PM
#6 otw for us:)
There are so many of the ladies in this group I have been following and praying for, I'm so hoping everything goes smoothly this time around for all of you ladies!!! I'm looking forward to reading about everyones successful FETs and fresh IVF cycles!!
From one mommy to all of you mommies, here's a TON of sticky baby dust! And since my little ones think its good luck to rub a pregnant lady's belly, its been rubbed just for y'all!!
I'm rooting and praying for you ladies!
Good luck and GOD BLESS you all, you all deserve to have the families you have been trying so hard for, HE has his plans made for y'all and I sure do hope it begins NOW!!
*Leah* likes this.
September 30th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind me joining. I am 26 PCOS, TTC 2 years, no male factor, did clomid x2 no luck, IUI just this month, and today doctor said stop this process because after 3 sonograms my follicles didn't budge at all... stubborn!

So my husband and I decided to just go with IVF procedure, I'm taking provera to start my next cycle period then take BCP and then start all those medicines to stim my ovaries... so I think God will bless me November and I'll conceive, it's been a rough road for us, I just wanted to join this group to read all your success and happy stories, be able to find someone who encourages the other all throughout this process...
September 30th, 2013, 01:36 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Mrs S, Welcome!!

Lindsey ((HUGS))...praying you are WRONG and it's just a bit soon. Everything crossed for you!

Lucy...from the day I started Lupron, it was exactly a month to transfer - here was my timeline, for your info:

I started BCP's July 11th, I think......(cd3)
7/23 I start Lupron tonight
7/30 Baseline U/S and bloodwork.
7/31 Stop BCPs if all looks good.
8/4 Start my estrace and antibiotics, lower down to .05 Lupron.
8/15 U/s lining check
8/23 Transfer date

I can't remember when I stopped Lupron though! I hope that helps some....

Hoping...I think 8 embryos is a LOT ...I had 0 my first time and 2 the second IVF...praying one of those is your rainbow baby! ((HUGS))

AFM, today was my last BCP (for a week break) then I go back on it for a week Oct 8-15th and then everything starts....retrieval around Oct 29th.

I had a friend say, well, What are you going to do about Halloween if you are on bedrest from the retrieval?

SERIOUSLY? UM MISS IT! Or DH or my Mom can take Mallory Trick-or-Treating! Pretty sure this is more important LMAO.....
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

September 30th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Veteran
Fingers crossed for you Leah and Lucy and everyone!!!!!! Ahhhhhhh !!!!!
IVF/ICSI in Feb 2012:
September 30th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Thanks Melissa. I think I've got the Follistim down now - tonight's didn't hurt a bit. But, we had to add the Menopur, and that one did hurt some. Nothing I can't handle though.

Leah - Halloween? Lol, yeah, I think that's pretty low on the list of things worth postponing IVF for.

Hi Lindsey - I too hope you are surprised by a BFP yet this cycle.

Today was day 4 of stims for me, and I felt pretty crappy this afternoon. Super tired, sore throat, achy like with a fever. I took a nap when I got home from work, rather than doing any of the thousand things that need to be done. I seriously never do that. Not sure if it's from the meds or if I'm just getting sick. Anyone else have this on Follistim?
*Leah* likes this.
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
October 1st, 2013, 08:59 AM
Jenny, praying you aren't getting sick. I've never taken follistim, but I'm sure exhaustion is a symptom...the meds can kick your butt...
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?

October 1st, 2013, 02:06 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ps75b9c95f.jpg
I need to catch up.. Sorry!
But I wanted to share my FET calendar in case it might be helpful for anyone else.
*Melissa* likes this.
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

October 1st, 2013, 02:53 PM
Nice schedule Lucy!!!!! EEEEK

October 1st, 2013, 08:25 PM
Working mommy
Hoping--for my FET calendar I started BCP on 9/3, Lupron on 9/17 and my transfer is 10/10 (assuming all goes as planned). My RE did say that a FET is "easy to control" meaning once you're on BCP the dates are easier to adjust.

And I agree with what everyone else has says. 5 day blasts have a higher rate of success. Not sure about unfreezing to allow 2 more days of growth. But in my lab embryos can be unfrozen and then re-frozen. My lab uses vitrification (not sure if that matters).

Welcome to the Mrs. S. Best of luck to you.

AFM--Tomorrow I increase to 3 estrogen pills per day. I am still on doxy and lupron and ASA. My last monitoring appt is on Thur. AF never showed so we'll see if the lining is still ok. Last lupron is Sun and PIO shots start Mon or Tues. Yikes!

Hope everyone is doing well and the shots aren't too bad!
*Leah* likes this.

October 1st, 2013, 11:48 PM
I can hardly keep up!!!! We have a great group here!!!!!

Only 3 more days of birth control for me!!!! I have been a hormonal mess on them and cannot wait to get off them!!!! The doxy is making me nauseous too, but it will alll be worth it!!!!!!!!
*Leah* likes this.
October 2nd, 2013, 10:59 AM
I had my first monitoring appt today. U/S showed 46 follicles, with the biggest ones at 12. Tech said this was right where they would expect for my protocol and history. I went to have my blood drawn, and then we met with a nurse, who went over my pre-op instructions. At this point, it was sounding like we wouldn't need to go back until this weekend. By the time the doctor came in, my estradiol was back - 873. I don't really know how high that is, but the doctor expressed definite concern over OHSS. So, I am keeping stims the same for tonight, but adding the ganirelix. I have another blood draw in the am, and they will likely reduce my stims based on those results.

While I'm happy to be responding well, I'm also scared of OHSS My sister was hospitalized with it a few months ago after egg donation, and she was miserable. And of course, I don't want to have to cancel transfer! Hoping for a not too much higher number tomorrow...
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!