October/ November 2013 IVF/FET

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree750Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2013, 12:02 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
Drink TONS of Gatorade!!!!!

Glad you are responding so well!!! But I totally understand your fear. I have PCOS and am always at HIGH RISK of OHSS when stimming. So far I have avoided it. Praying it all continues to go smooth! It sounds like you have great doctors watching you carefully.
October 2nd, 2013, 01:43 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way!
WOW Jenny, way to make eggies!!! Praying they can figure everything out and get you back on track for retrieval.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

October 2nd, 2013, 08:56 PM
Working mommy
Jenny--WOW! That is impressive! Definitely start drinking gatorade now.

I'm a little worried now. Today I've had some light pink when wiping (sorry for the TMI). Then tonight it was a little darker. What if AF shows???? I was supposed to have her come almost 2 weeks ago! And if she shows now than will I have a lining for transfer in a week?? Thankfully, tomorrow I have a monitoring appt so I can at least ask and not wonder too long.

Melissa--sorry about the BCP craziness! I have been feeling sorta crazy on my lupron and estrogen.

Our FET love to complete our family
October 3rd, 2013, 06:59 AM
LindseyandJoeinAL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jenny, that is amazing! Curious: do ladies with PCOS have a much higher success rate with IVF because you produce so many eggs?

I hope you don't get the full OHSS because I've had it and definitely not fun. I've always read drink gatorade, so I guess I'll ditto what everyone else has said.

My beta is today, but definitely no hope for a bfp. It looks like we're going to immediately start our next fresh IVF with retrieval the week of Nov 11. Glad to see everyone else is progressing along nicely!
*Leah* likes this.
TTC baby #2

lap surgery Apr 2010 stage 2 endo removed
IVF #1 BFN 11/2010
IVF #2 BFP! 12/2010
Wonderful, sweet daughter Khloe born August 2011
FET #1 - Oct 2012 BFN
FET #2 - Dec 2012 BFN
2nd lap surgery Dec 2012 stage 1 endo removed
IUI Apr 2013 cancelled due to producing 10 mature follicles
IUI June 2013 BFN
IVF #3 Sept 2013 BFN
IVF #4 Nov 2013 BFP! on 8dp3dt
Expecting boy/girl twins 8/1/14

October 3rd, 2013, 12:20 PM
Regular
Hi All!,

First of all, great big hugs to Lucy and Lindsey. You've worked so hard! May the next round bring your BFPs!!

Jenny, that is truly an amazing amount of eggies!! Good luck sweetie!! The discomfort now will certainly pay off for you later.

Leah - WooHoo, so exciting--you're on you're way! Baby dust to you. KUP!

AFM - I had my FET (3 frosties implanted) on October 1st. It went way easier this time...the doc navigated my "S" curves much better than the previous one! I just wish I could "feel" if something stuck?!? Do larger and more swollen "girls" mean anything? SIGH - it's only been 3 days...My blood test is 10/10...So far just trying to keep busy and positive thoughts. I've decided not to test early...I did last time and had a chemical pregnancy.

Tamara
*Leah* likes this.
October 3rd, 2013, 12:22 PM
Lindsey-
Not necessarily. I had 25 follicles. Only 20 mature- which is a lot if eggs, BUT women with PCOS have higher levels of LH constantly being produced, instead of just a couple days out of the month for ovulation.
Those high levels slowly damage those eggs.

So even though I had a lot, only 13 fertilized naturally. If we had done ICSI we probably would have had a LOT more, but we chose not to because DH doesn't have any MFI.

Of the 13 only 4 made it to blast. The ones that did were AA quality. So it's hit or miss.

Women with PCOS also tend to have more M/C because of poor quality eggs, which is why I like IVF better.
I have better success this way because they get the good eggs and bypass all the areas that would cause my cycle to fail and give me about an 80% chance given my history and age.

Hope that made sense lol

Tamara- congrats on the transfer!!!!! You are officially PUPO!!!!

Last edited by *Melissa*; October 3rd, 2013 at 12:25 PM.
October 3rd, 2013, 01:37 PM
Thank you for the explanation Melissa! That makes perfect sense.

Well it's official. IVF was unsuccessful. My beta was negative today. I guess we'll move on to another cycle. This is just so sad, for me and I know for many of you too.
TTC baby #2

IVF #1 BFN 11/2010
IVF #2 BFP! 12/2010
FET #1 - Oct 2012 BFN
FET #2 - Dec 2012 BFN
IUI June 2013 BFN
IVF #3 Sept 2013 BFN

October 3rd, 2013, 01:39 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
So very sorry Lindsey

Katie - I hope you got some answers today, and that the bleeding isn't a problem.

Congrats on the transfer, Tamara!

I have good news - E2 was 1068 today, and the doc says that's not too big of an increase from yesterday. Meds stay the same tonight, and the nurse guessed they would for probably 2 more days. I have another u/s tomorrow morning.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

My Belly Pics

Last edited by JennyLee; October 3rd, 2013 at 01:42 PM.
October 3rd, 2013, 02:17 PM
Working mommy
Great news Jenny!

Sticky dust to you Tamara

So we are delayed. Had more spotting this morning. And my lining does not look right. Dr says at least a week more of estrogen and lupron. He's hoping I won't bleed a lot and he'll check me next week (on the previous scheduled transfer day) to see if I can transfer the following week. Hoping for the 16th. We'll see.

Also just got a call from the nurse. My E2 level is only 179! Was 200 last week. And I'm on MORE estrogen. So now I have to take 3 pills by mouth and 2 pills vaginally! I don't understand why this isn't working! All my levels and lining were perfect with my fresh cycle.

Feeling frusturated

On a happy note. A friend of mine who has been in this process a lot longer than me and doesn't yet have any children, told me she is 8 weeks pregnant after transferring the last of her snowbabies!! SOOO happy for her!
*Leah* likes this.

Our FET love to complete our family
October 3rd, 2013, 03:05 PM
Lindsey, I am so sorry was this a FET? How many transferred? Will your protocol change at all next time around?

Katie sorry about your lining I am glad they are working on getting it nice and thick!!!!! Here's hoping NO more bleeding and a perfect lining for a pregnancy!!!!

Jenny, good news!!!!
October 3rd, 2013, 10:25 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
Lindsey- I am so sorry So you think the ER will be around the 11th??

Tamara- I think that sounds like a good sign!!! I felt nothing last cycle so I knew it was a dud! Thinking + thoughts!!!!

Jenny- Ya thats not bad at all! Do you know what level they are aiming for? How many are in the larger group or follicles? I am just assuming from your # that not all are going at the same rate?

Katie- eek that is super frustrating! I am watching you because I haven;t done FET! I hope that lining builds up quick!! Thank goodness we have more wiggle room!!

Leah- How are you doing??

Melissa- What is your protocol? Sorry, I'm so lost!

AFM- I HATE BCP. 'nuff said
TTC#3 since Summer 2011
10 IUIs= one confirmed and lots of BFN
9/13/13 IVF#1 ( One 5AA blast)= BFN
11/18/13 FET (Two 5AA blasts)=
2/26/14 FET (Two 5BA blasts)= BFP!!!
Beta HCG 14 DPO: 181 / 17 DPO: 870 / 24 DPO: 16,051
3/24/14= We have a heartbeat and ONE sticky bean!
My blog

Check out Leah's cute newborn Hats and Baby Items!

October 3rd, 2013, 11:35 PM
Lucy- the protocol for my FET right NOW:
Baby aspirin
Doxycycline 2x's a day
ONE MORE DAY OF BCP!!!!
And prenatals

I should start AF next week, and then I will have a baseline u/s and bloodwork, along with my teaching for IM injections.
I will start my estrogen injection in exactly one week. My hubby will administer them twice a week. Then about a week before the transfer I do daily progesterone injections as well.
Transfer is on HALLOWEEEEN!!!!
*Leah* likes this.
October 4th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Thanks ladies. I had quite the pity party yesterday but I feel much better today. Melissa it was a fresh cycle and we put back two 8 celled embryos on day 3. They were graded a 4 out of 5. Lining looked perfect. We have one frozen blast from that cycle and im not sure what our plan is. My RE is out of town for a few days so we haven't talked yet. If we jump into another fresh cycle the retrieval will be the week of November 11.
TTC baby #2

IVF #1 BFN 11/2010
IVF #2 BFP! 12/2010
FET #1 - Oct 2012 BFN
FET #2 - Dec 2012 BFN
IUI June 2013 BFN
IVF #3 Sept 2013 BFN

October 4th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Lindsey - I'm so sorry :bighug - I'm glad you're jumping back in, whether it be an FET or fresh cycle. We had to txfer our frosties before we could do another fresh. But I know each clinic is different.

Tamara- congrats on being pupo...I dont' know how you can not test, but I'll send you my willpower (which, really is not going to help much LMAO!) but praying you see those two pink lines in a few days!! ((HUGS))

*Melissa* - yay, good luck!!! getting real now

Katie, I'm so sorry you got delayed, but better to be delayed than to have a txfer if things aren't perfect. Praying you'll be on track for next week!

Lucy!!! Yes, bcps suck. I'm off them right now, but I go back on them for a week starting Tuesday!!

So I'm just allowing AF to do her thing and then I go back on BCPS oct 8-15th with baseline on the 16th...meds starting on the 19th.

I'm ordering my meds today!
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....

October 4th, 2013, 09:02 AM
That sounds so frustrating, Katie! I hope your lining starts behaving soon.

Sorry to those of you who are hating BCPs. I didn't feel any different on them. Must just be lucky, I guess!

Lucy - I do not know what the target is, only that they're happy with it now. Are there standard levels to aim for?

We are probably looking at Monday retrieval. I had 17 follies on each side today (is it normal to lose some??), the biggest at 16, with lots of 14s and 15s. Nurse said I had a good cohort of follies near the same size. Lining was 7.3. E2 was an excellent 1568, and it seems the OHSS concern has dropped considerably. The possibility of an all Lupron trigger is off the table (darn it - that would mean no IM shot), and they may even switch me from dual trigger to all HCG. I definitely didn't expect this a few days ago - ganirelix must have done a good job of holding E2 down.

We were really hoping not to have to go in tomorrow. We go to University of Iowa Hospital, and their football stadium is (very stupidly) right next door. Of course, there's a home game tomorrow at 11 am. Our appt is at 9, and that city is going to be a freaking cluster ****. It's a half hour away, and we will probably give ourselves 2 hours to get there. Ugh.

Anyway, meds stay the same, and we are expecting Sunday trigger for Monday retrieval!
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!

My Belly Pics

Last edited by JennyLee; October 4th, 2013 at 09:14 AM.
October 4th, 2013, 09:31 AM
YAY JennyLee, good luck!! Sorry about the game! But what a great story to tell your peanut someday!

October 4th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Wow!!!! Is this our first October retrieval then??????

Can't wait to hear your fert report Tuesday!!!!!!!!!

Btw- I totally had a mini cerimony today when I took my last ever BCP!!!!!!! Yesssss! I hate them so much lol. I get the worst migraines and they make me so impatient!!!!

Si today was a good day
October 4th, 2013, 07:47 PM
JillK's Avatar Regular
Hello Everyone,

Since I am new, here is a little about myself and our TTC journey:

We started TTC in 2009 for 2 years & then went for a work up & were about to start IVF cycle number 1 but AF never began to start the cycle. Instead our little girl (now 27 months) was born 9 months later.

We have been TTC her little sibling(s) for the past 1.5 & had 3 miscarriages in the process. This will be our last little one if/when the miracle happens. I am 38 & my husband is 34. I now have highish fsh level in my older age along with mild endometriosis that was diagnosed in 2010. The obgyn referred us back to IVF again. Now I & am in the middle of my first actual IVF cycle on microdose lupron protocol. We should be doing the ER on either this Monday or Tuesday 10/8 depending on how things look at this Sunday's monitoring. I have 8 follicles right now between 10mm-13mm.

I was on a different chat board for a short while but wanted to join this one as you all seem much more positive and hopeful than the other board I had joined.

Does anyone know what thickness of lining should be reached before ER? I am feeling a bit nervous about our second monitoring appointment this Sunday, as it should create a more specific ER date for us when all the mystery begins.....
*Leah* likes this.
October 4th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Welcome!!!! You won't find a better group of girls

About your lining, I think they want it atleast to be an 8. The fluffier the better

I am so sorry to hear about your losses I hope that you get your sticky baby very soon!!!
*Leah* likes this.
October 5th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Hi Jill If you have your ER on Tuesday, we'll have them on the same day! I was told that 6 is the bare minimum lining they would transfer with.

So, yeah, my retrieval is Tuesday I had 21 follies on each side today. The biggest several were at 17. I was surprised that they didn't take E2 today. I kinda want to know what it is They are making me automatic to trigger tomorrow, so no more monitoring. Last stims tonight, ganirelix tomorrow am, trigger tomorow night. I was surprised to talk to not only a doctor, but the head of the program, on a Saturday. He is calling me "moderate risk" for OHSS, so we are going with the dual trigger. This is 40 IU Lupron and 1500 IU HCG. If I was high risk, they would do just Lupron, but then you risk not getting as many mature eggs. Hopefully, this is the right balance to get maximum eggs while avoiding OHSS.

Question for those who have done it before - would you recommend working (mostly on my feet) the day before ER? I know everyone feels different, but I'm just curious what other ladies have done. Thanks!
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!