October/ November 2013 IVF/FET

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree750Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2013, 10:16 AM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Jill!!!! Welcome !!! Your eggies sound great! I agree w Melissa....8 or above and 3 layers is what they look for in the endometrial stripe. Let us know how the retrieval goes!!!

I'm 37...we've had 2 m/c in the last year and a half...and a chemical after our FET last month.. I'm so sorry for your losses...are you on baby aspirin or lovenox?
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

October 5th, 2013, 10:38 AM
JillK's Avatar Veteran
Thank you for the welcomes!

It would be nice to be on the same ER day, Jenny.

One more question: I am having tons of egg whitey mucous today like when a natural ovulation is about to happen. Is this normal as the eggs get bigger before doing a trigger shot?

I go in again tomorrow for monitoring & will check with the nurse about this, but I am worrying now. Any ideas?
October 5th, 2013, 11:32 AM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
Nothing to worry about! The Egg white CM is from your estrogen being so high, that's all
October 5th, 2013, 12:08 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Yep, the mucus is normal. I have a ton of it too.
*Leah* likes this.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

My Belly Pics
October 5th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Hi ladies, I'm back. First IVF failed in 2/13. I start taking Lupron on Monday for my 10/31 FET. Wish me luck ladies. 2nd time is the charm?
*Leah* and kayakr like this.

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

October 5th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Nicholle!! Super good luck, hun!
*Leah* and Nicholle ttc like this.
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!

My Belly Pics
October 5th, 2013, 03:24 PM
JillK's Avatar Veteran
Thanks again. I am reassured.
*Leah* likes this.
October 5th, 2013, 04:28 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
Nicole! Your transfer is 10/31 too???? Awesome! We can be cycle buddies
October 5th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Veteran
Hi Ladies. Hope you are all doing well. I can not navigate this site well for the life of me. Is there an iphone app to make it easier!? Ahhhhhhhh!!!!

I am very, very confused. I was going to switch my doctors and move my embryos to a new facility. The doc I have been with transfers 3 day embryos. I did IVF and it failed. I was about 60 lbs heavier than I am now and was over stimulated a bit. I spoke to the embryologist and doctor about my concern with 3 day transfers. They say that they do 3 day transfers because embryos actually do better inside the uterus than in the lab. They say of course 5 day is kind of like survival of the fittest, however what if none, or very few make it to 5 day blasts? Doesnt mean they wouldnt have worked inside the uterus at 3 days. This doctor has some of the highest rates around and my friend is now pregnant again with her 1st FET baby. Her other child was conceived during her 1st IVF cycle with the same doc. She also told me I am the ONLY person out of 5 who she's sent to my doc who was unsuccessful... This is the practice: The Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders

The other doc ( Fertility Clinic | IVF, Infertility Treatment | RMA of Philadelphia ) who I had an appt with, wants to thaw all of my embryos and transfer 5 day blasts bc he says they are the most viable and successful. I have 8 frozen embryos left. I would be worried about 1) surviving a thaw, 2)what will happen on day 5 3)making the wrong choice.

I am so torn on what to do. I have been in tears all weekend and feel like I am becoming depressed. If anyone feels like chiming in, I would be ever so grateful. I don't know what to do.

I am told I can start my FET meds with my next period which would be due around October 26-31ish. Then I guess it is like 14-18 days of estrogen then 4 days of progesterone then FET then continue progesterone.

It is a very, very hard time for me. I feel like I am starting to get severely depressed. I know it's hard for everyone, however I see many have children while I have none. This is really, really hard.

Thanks for your help everyone.
TTC for one year (2010-2011) and knew something was wrong.
IVF/ICSI in Feb 2012. Transferred 2 embryos (7 and 8 cell 3dt)
FET - July 1 2014 - Transferred 2 embryos (two 8 cell 3dt)
October 5th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Working mommy
Jenny and Jill--how exciting! Sounds like you are both on track! I worked all day (mostly on my feet) the day before my ER. Just rested the day off and day after. Can't wait to hear how many you guys get!

Welcome back Nicholle. Hope this is your time!

I'm in a funk. I don't go back for monitoring until Thur the 10th. And the new transfer date is tentatively the 16th. But I'm on day 3 of more-than-spotting-but-less-than-my-normal-AF. So I doubt my lining will be good enough yet. Meanwhile I feel terrible on 5 estrogen pills a day (3 by mouth, 2 down below!). I have headaches, tons of nausea, bloating, extreme fatigue and irritability. Still doing lupron too. Almost wish I could stop all meds, have AF and start fresh.

On a brighter note, delaying my transfer makes the EDC a lot closer to mine or my husband's birthday! Sorry for the pity party!
Nicholle ttc likes this.

Our FET love to complete our family
October 6th, 2013, 01:18 PM
JillK's Avatar Veteran
Katie, sorry to hear that the med's are making you feel nasty.
Jenny, I think my ER will be more like Tuesday or Wednesday now.

I had monitoring today with a good triple layer lining at thickness of. The eggs are on their way but not quite there yet. There are still 7 with the wimpy one at 10 & the rest between 14-16mm. The nurse said that things look good but they are not sure about how my body grows as it is my first cycle, so more monitoring tomorrow before making a decision about ER......I was so hopeful that we would find out the exact date/time today..........we drive 2 hours to get the hospital/clinic & then 2 back again. But it is good to be sure.
October 6th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Veteran
Nicholle, I'm in the same boat as you. Wishing so badly for our BFP. First IVF failed in Feb 2012 and now we are tying a Frozen. I am not taking BCPs, but starting estrogen on day 2 or 3 of my cycle, which begins sometime at the end of October (26-30ish). It looks like day 2/3 I go in for blood and u/a and start estrogen for at least 14 days. Then 4 days of progesterone then transfer on day 4 of progesterone, so it looks like it'd likely be a transfer sometime between Nov 14 and 21.

I was hoping for a due date closer to Sept 1 if this worked, so was hoping to try to have my doc put me on BC to control my period but no sure if that is an option. She mentioned something about being able to play with the estrogen a little in order to push father into August at least. Although I'm trying to think positive it's hard being that my first IVF failed and we only have 8 embryos to thaw, 6 of them being the more hopeful ones.

I posted a big post yesterday but it didn't post yet - said it had to be approved by a moderator. Has anyone had success with a 3 day transfer or fet!?!? Thanks!!!
Nicholle ttc likes this.
October 6th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Veteran
Also, I'll retype what I added yesterday. Please be honest with me - I can take it...

I was set on switching doctors. I used The Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders for my first IVF and it failed. They do 3 day transfers. Apparently, I'm the only one out of like 5 people who my friend has sent there who hasn't been successful. They are far away so I went for another opinion a few weeks ago...

The other doc - Fertility Clinic | IVF, Infertility Treatment | RMA of Philadelphia - does things differently. The doc told us he'd want to do a 5 day transfer (blastocyst stage). He feels this is the most successful way.

It made sense when he explained it being like survival of the fittest of the embryos. But then I talked this thru with my doc from the place I had my first IVF and she explained that their success rates are good with 3 day and embryos are meant to live in your body, so the way I understand it, many embryos don't make it from 3 to 5 days in the lab bc they may be good embryos that would survive in the uterus but can't survive outside the body as well.

Thoughts? Really hoping to hear some people have had success with 3 day embryos !? Thanks all!
October 6th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Trigger done! Hubby did great, and I barely felt it. It feels so good having that done - it's so much pressure! One day of not getting stabbed tomorrow - woohoo!
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!

My Belly Pics
October 7th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Veteran
Good Morning Everyone,

I have to go back and catch up, but just wanted to get something off my chest. See if anyone else felt this way, for any graduates trying again.

For everyone going through this the first time, I apologize in advance because I feel as though this entry will seem inconsiderate, but please know that is not my intention. I just can't help the feelings I am having and know that if anyone will understand, it's the ladies in this group!

I feel as though I am having an emotional morning, for I looked at the calendar and see that in just a mere two weeks, give or take a day, I will be starting meds for my FET for a second baby. I just feel like all those old fears, and emotions came back and struck me in the gut and I have been teary ever since. I know how lucky I am to have Olivia, but I do still yearn for another baby...Although because I have Olivia, I almost feel guilty having these feelings. I feel as though some might think "Well, at least you have one", to which I get teary all over again because I know how much it took, emotionally, to get her.

Like, should it be easier this time around because I have her? Should she be granting me some kind super powers to handle this better? Or does it not ever really get easier? I would like think on some level it is easier, or will be. And, on another level I feel am okay to still yearn for a second baby the way I did for her. I mean, I look at her and feel blessed, but I also look at her and think about what that second baby could look like, etc. Is it a mommy to thing? To already love your baby so much before they even exist, and just want them so badly?

Is this natural? Anyone else feel this way? Nervous about it working again? Have the same emotions?

Any different ways you deal with the emotions a second time around?
October 7th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Veteran
HopingForBaby - I caught a glimps of your entry...Hang in there! And I noticed you had 8 embryos to thaw - that is amazing! I only had two to thaw after my first round! I would love to have more frozen. It only takes one, I would think there a god chance your one could be in that bunch!!! ;o)
Nicholle ttc likes this.
October 7th, 2013, 08:55 AM
JillK's Avatar Veteran
I have my trigger shot either tonight or tomorrow morning depending on what they say when calling this afternoon. The monitoring this morning seemed good. All the eggs are still there & growing well. The largest is 21mm & the smallest is 14mm. There are 7 total. I am very excited!
*Leah* likes this.
October 7th, 2013, 03:50 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Prendy, I tottttttaaaaalllllly get you. It took us 4 years to have Mallory and I look at her all the time and know how blessed I am, but I want another baby almost MORE this time, because I know how awesome being a mommy is and I want a sibling for Mallory very badly.

I do sometimes feel guilty for wanting another, when some mommys-to-be are still waiting for number 1. But I can't remove the desire from my heart. It's there. It hurts this time around just as much as it did the first 4 years ttc her. It's now been 2 yrs trying for this one.

I often wonder if I'm pushing too hard, playing with fate, because I already have one beautiful daughter and I said I wouldn't be greedy if I got pg. I could be happy with one child. I was wrong. I lied. I want more. I'd have 5 more if I could. But I'm 37 and praying this IVF cycle brings me a sibling for Mallory....

You can't feel guilty for how you feel. Quoting a friend "If God didn't want you to have another baby, he would remove the desire from your heart" .....

You are perfectly normal in your thinking and I'm praying this FET is successful for you ((HUGS))
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

October 7th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Hoping - The problem with 3 day transfers is that they can't tell which are the best to transfer. My doc used the analogy of a marathon - it's a lot easier to guess the winner a mile from the finish than at the start. I am, however, no expert.

I think I am the first October retrieval! I'm dumb and googled ER experiences today. Of course, more people talk about the bad ones, and now I have myself all worried, especially since I have so many follies. But, everything I've been worried about so far has turned out much easier than I feared. Hopefully that continues.
*Leah* likes this.
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!

My Belly Pics
October 7th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Veteran
Thanks everyone! Prendy and Leah - hoping for successful cycles for you! Will be cheering you guys on. Cheering everyone on!!!
*Leah* likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search