October/ November 2013 IVF/FET

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree750Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2013, 10:26 AM
JillK's Avatar Veteran
I am just dying for today to end to see what tomorrow brings..........
*Melissa* and *Leah* like this.
October 11th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Still waiting I will be on Gonal f menopur and centrotide :-) only pm anyone else taking these meds thank you ladies for sharing your stories!! I wish all of you the BEST of luck!!
*Leah* likes this.
October 11th, 2013, 11:59 AM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Jill!! Wishing the day away for you!

Luh - I was on Bravelle (like Gonal F), Menopur and Ganirelix (like cetrotide). I took my meds in the am..but every office is different!

One week from tomorrow I start meds!!! EEEEEK
Lucy S. and Luh-Luh 2012 like this.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

October 11th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Thank you stillwaiting. Did you have any strange side effects?
October 11th, 2013, 01:58 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
Tamara, anything over 100 is fantastic!!!!!!! I would say that is definitely something to celebrate!!!!!!!!

Welcome Luh-Luh!!!!!!

The embryologist just called to set up our "thaw plan" she asked if we were going to thaw one or both. I said both! Then asked about the quality. It's been 2 years and I couldn't remember what the grades were for sure.
4AA and 5AA, just as I had remembered. The best part was hearing her say that they both look amazing ))) it feels SOOOO real now and I cannot wait for the transfer now!!!!!!

Jill update us ASAP!!!!!
*Leah*, Lucy S. and Luh-Luh 2012 like this.
October 11th, 2013, 02:57 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Congrats Tamara!! When will you find out how many you've got in there?

Katie - I think it's great that you can just enjoy your trips, though I'm sure the waiting sucks!

OMG, Melissa - my hubby almost passed out when he had to do the practice injection. He is slowly getting better though!

Hi Luh-Luh! The stims just made me really tired and I had all day dull headaches. Nothing too terrible.

Jill - Good luck tomorrow! Definitely update us when you can!

Melissa - Yay for 2 perfect embies!

AFM - I am in desperate need of help with this constipation! I've tried Colace and Milk of Magnesia with no results yet. I woke up in debilitating pain last night I have never dealt with this particular problem before. Any advice?
Luh-Luh 2012 likes this.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
October 11th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Veteran
Jenny Lee... Mirolax (spelling)!!! But make sure to drink a tooooon of water!
I drank like 3-5 bottles throughout the day with mirolax. It works on water do drink up! The milk of mag and colace did nothing for me! I had surgery and was badly constipated from the anesthesia and then medications and it's the only thing that worked!!!!! Feel better soon!

October 11th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Working mommy
Jenny--Miralax! And fluids! If all else fails...enema

Oh the things we have to go through!

October 12th, 2013, 01:59 AM
Super Mommy
hello Oct/Nov girls!!!

this is our very first round of ivf. hubby (33) & I (32) have been together 12 yrs, ttc for 15 mo. a little bit of background on me, I have a rare vascular disease that causes autoimmune symptoms. however all of my fertility tests & hubby's checked out great. we are praying for a blessing!

we are on our 6th day of medication (gonal & menopur cocktail). I'll be honest, it's more stressful than I thought it would be. emotions are running high for both of us. tonight hubby accidentally pulled out all of the medicine from the syringe onto the counter. he was so upset :'(. Im hoping we can get more meds in time as we just figured out they prescribed us 3 days short of menopur.

my clinic is terribly uninformative & unorganized, honestly speaking it has me in a bit of a panic. i think when you're paying an arm & a leg it's more disappointing/upsetting. our first ultrasound is on 10-22. I'm not sure what comes after that. I find myself trying to learn about ivf through others experiences & info online. in advance please forgive me if I have a million questions. sorry for the turn to negative town.

reading these boards makes me smile. it is so nice to see all of the comrodery! it is also like learning a new language. i think hubby & i have sooooo much to learn. thank you girls for sharing your experiences!!! it is very much appreciated. I wish you all sticky wishes & baby dust dreams!!!
October 12th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Veteran
Welcome April! I did 1 round of IVF and am now on to a FET. I took follostim and menopur. Many of the ladies on here have a great deal of experience so you are in a great place! Ask any questions you have! Lots of luck to you guys!
Luh-Luh 2012 likes this.

October 12th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Hoping for baby I'm from the panhandle of Texas :-)
October 12th, 2013, 12:48 PM
JillK's Avatar Veteran
I am just home from transfer. Our day 3 transfer had one high quality 7 cell embryo & one middle quality 12 cell embryo. The trasfer team said that they thought our chances of success are pretty good. The first blood test is scheduled for Wednesday 10/23 & second is two days later. Now for some waiting.
*Leah* and Katie L like this.
October 12th, 2013, 03:47 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
Jill!!!!!!! You are officially PUPO!!!!!! ( pregnant until proven otherwise)

Welcome to the group April!!!!!
*Leah*, Katie L and Luh-Luh 2012 like this.
October 12th, 2013, 04:05 PM
April I'm right there with you. We have not started meds yet scheduled to start on the 1st of Nov. The same cocktail if gonal f and menopur. I'm sorry that you are have problems/ uncertainty with your clinic, I hope that it gets better for you! :-) I hope I can control my nerves and anxiousness it's already consuming me

Jill congratulations I hope all goes awesome for you :-)
October 12th, 2013, 07:18 PM
JillK's Avatar Veteran
Welcome, April!
October 12th, 2013, 08:34 PM
April...welcome....but i am concerned your first Ultrasound is 10/22...maybe I misunderstood, but this is my 3 rd IVF and I go in oN day 3 &5 of meds and tben again either the 7th or 8th...for a total of 9 or 10 days of stims....so the 22nd for you would put you way after thT.

I'm sorry your clinic is disorganized and i do not mean to stress you more...I just want to understand....

Also are you doing lupron protocol?

JILL...yay for pupo!!!
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?

October 12th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luh-Luh 2012 View Post
Thank you stillwaiting. Did you have any strange side effects?
A little moody....but I know most women have tons of s/e....I'm not one of them....I guess that's good...I hope you don't have many either!
Luh-Luh 2012 likes this.

October 13th, 2013, 04:00 AM
Veteran
Wow Jill! A 12 cell on day 3?!? That's amazing!!!! Fingers crossed for you!
*Leah* likes this.

October 13th, 2013, 08:13 AM
JillK's Avatar Veteran
We were surprised about the 12 cell as well. It is slightly fragmented though. The 7 cell was "perfect" according to the lab. I am having trouble being patient with my husband who doesn't seem to understand that I should not be lifting things.

I am sorry if this may offend a few of you. We have a 27 month old who was miraculously conceived just before we were about to start an ivf cycle while waiitng for AF to start before beginning the BCP's. We had been trying for 2.5 years before her. This IVF cylce is our last chance for a sibling for her, so that she can have that joy. We will not try another cycle as we are pretty much out of funds and have no frosties.

But the question here is for those of you who also have a little one or two during the 2ww. How do I manage my 2 year old without excessively, bending over & picking her up for the next few weeks? My husband is a full time public school teacher & likes to use his home time to do house chores or plan for the next weeks of school, so I am still watching our little one even though he is home. How do I get it through to him that he needs to do some child watching while I rest for a day or two now?
October 13th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Regular
Hi All -

Jill - Fingers crossed for you! Sticky beans!

Welcome April!

JennyLee - How are you feeling? Any better? I had same symptoms and resorted to the icky one that you mentioned...whatever it takes to feel better!

AFM - it has been a roller coaster waiting game this weekend.
Beta #1 - 10p5dt - 134
Beta #2 - 12dp5dt - 196
Beta #3 - 13dp5dt - 250

I made them take the third today to make sure it's still rising, but the doctor thinks it's slow to rise and is concerned--or it could be that there were initially twins and one didn't continue growing. Thank god it didn't stall or drop... Now for a 4th on Tuesday (15dp5dt). Hoping for higher numbers!!

Has anyone here had/seen low hcg doubling? Any info would be so helpful.

Thanks,
Tamara

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search