October/ November 2013 IVF/FET

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree750Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2013, 12:51 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
Hey ladies!!!!

Just wondering if there are any others who will be cycling with me???

I have an FET scheduled for October 31st ( which marks exactly 2 years since my embryos were frozen) the other 2, who were fresh at the time of transfer, are my now almost 15 month old twins.

We were originally planned on transferring them one at a time. I just couldn't find peace with that decision for some reason. So we will be transferring them both together October 31st.

I started my last cycle of BCP yesterday. And got all my meds in. This will be my first time doing any injections intramuscularly. I am very nervous, but I know my hubby will do great.

A little about me:

I am Melissa, 28 married to DH, Brian 29 for 8 1/2 years. I have PCOS, and no other known infertility factors. Dh checks out great.
We have a DS who is 3 1/2 ( conceived via IUI and injectibles) and twin DS's conceived through IVF. They are almost 15 months old.

Praying we get to meet these frozen babies in 9 months, face to face

So, who's with me???????
September 9th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Veteran
Hi Melissa - so excited for you to go back and get those frozen embies!!!! You are a very brave woman transferring your last two together. Hey, maybe twin girls???? ;o)

I was originally going to have a transfer this month, but with daycare scheduling conflicts we pushed it out a couple months. So, once AF shows in mid October, I will start meds for FET of our last frozen embryo, transfer, hopefully some time mid November.

I am anxious about doing this through the holidays, don't want to have another miscarriage, but my friend made a good point....is there really ever a good time for that (m/c) to happen. So, we will just go for it and see what happens. I was happy to hear the embryo is the same grade that gave us Olivia. I know each time is different, and it will still have make it through the thaw, but it was still nice to hear it was the same grade!

For anyone new coming in, a little background on me - My husband and I (Alicia) are 31, and have a beautiful baby girl, 9 months old, via FET through IVF/ICSI.

Hope another FET can bring us success, but if not - I will absolutely go in for another round of injections, and the retrieval if it means I could be blessed with another miracle!
*Melissa* likes this.
September 9th, 2013, 10:15 AM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Hi girls!! I just started bcps today and they said retrieval will be around the end of Oct or early November. I thought it would be sooner....but I will take it!

I started the paleo diet...vit D3, coq10, cod liver oil, no caffeine...etc

Praying we all get bfps!
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

September 9th, 2013, 10:21 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Excited to cheer you ladies on
*Leah* and amberbanegas like this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

September 9th, 2013, 10:48 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
And Melissa, you'll do great with the IM injections! I was terrified, too, especially since I knew I 'd have to do some of them myself when DH was traveling, but you get used to it fast. You'll be a pro in no time!

Melissa & DH

September 9th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Veteran
Melissa - Funny question, did you do your IVF treatments through Easy Bay Fertility Center in Provo Utah?
September 2005 M/C
Diagnosed with Endometriosis September 2006
Diagnosed with PCOS July 2010
Visited East Bay Fertility Center September 2012 - Started IVF meds January 2013
February 6th - Egg Retrieval - 17 eggs 10 only mature/normal - 7 fertilized with ICSI - 3 made it to day 5 blastocycsts. 1 more caught up on day 6 making 4 total!
February 11th - Transferred 2 top notch embryos. - February 22nd - Pregnancy blood work - - February 26th - AF showed
April 2013 - Surgery to remove polyps
July 17th - Started FET cycle - August 7th - Transferred both frosties - August 17th - Cheated and took a HPT - - August 19th - 12dp5dt Blood work confirmed - PREGNANT Beta - hCG 547, Progesterone 66
September 4th - Progesterone - 46.3 - Baby is working it's own magic I can stop progesterone supplements! Yeah!! One little soccer player! Baby is doing great. Heart rate is 117 - Due date is April 27, 2014. The day after DH's birthday. We are already so in love. September 25th - Released from RE to regular OB - Baby measured perfect 9w3d. We have a gummy bear!! Heartbeat is 180 Grow gummy bear grow!

September 9th, 2013, 11:46 AM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
Good luck guys!
*Leah* likes this.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
September 9th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Hi Ladies,
I am new to this website. We will be doing our first IVF cycle this month sept./Oct. Our last attempt ended due to being over suppressed so we didnt even make it to the retervial stage. I will be on birth control for the next few weeks and start Lupron shots next week. This cycle my dr also has me doing Menpour injections for 7 days. I didnt do this last time. Do any of you ladies know why he would add it to this cycle?

Anyways, Good Luck to you all!! I look forward to seeing lots of BFP!!
amberbanegas likes this.
September 9th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Prendy- I am sooo excited we will be cycling buddies!!!!!! And yes..l. I am very brave lol and I would LOVE twin girls!!!!!!

Leah, we will be going right around the same time!!!! So exciting!!!!

Melissa- thanks for the encouragement Brian has never had to give me am injection, it will be sooooo weird lol. He only works like a mile away from our home. So worste case scenario he runs home and gives it to me

Diegosgall- which Melissa are you referring to? Hehe if me, the answer is no

Gretchen- thank you so much for your support

AJP3610- welcome to the group!!!!! If you say you we're too suppressed, and he is adding menopour ( a follicle stimulant combing FSH and LH) I can only assume its to help your follicles to grow better this time, leading to a succeful retrieval of nice fat mature eggs

So glad to see everyone here!!!!!
*Leah* and amberbanegas like this.
September 9th, 2013, 08:17 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I didn't do my IVF in Utah, either
amberbanegas likes this.

Melissa & DH

September 10th, 2013, 09:17 AM
On my way to my saline sonogram!

This is REALLY starting to feel real!!!!! AND bring back a ton of memories from 2 years ago!!!!! My transfer in 2011 was November 5th. And this transfer will be only 5 days before that date.

Woooooo I am getting so excited!!!!!!!!
*Leah* likes this.
September 10th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJP3610 View Post
Hi Ladies,
I am new to this website. We will be doing our first IVF cycle this month sept./Oct. Our last attempt ended due to being over suppressed so we didnt even make it to the retervial stage. I will be on birth control for the next few weeks and start Lupron shots next week. This cycle my dr also has me doing Menpour injections for 7 days. I didnt do this last time. Do any of you ladies know why he would add it to this cycle?

Anyways, Good Luck to you all!! I look forward to seeing lots of BFP!!
I agree with Melissa ...the menopur is to boost the egg quality. I've been on Menopur and Bravelle for each of my IVF cycles. Did you do lupron last time? Are you doing a lower dose this time around? What other meds are you on?

My first cycle I only got 4 eggs (I was too supressed) and the second time (in March/April) they took lupron out of the mix and I got 11 eggs.

Best of luck to you! Praying so hard you make it to retrieval. And, keep in mind..quality not quantity. I had my daughter out of that IVF with only 4 eggies

Melissa...good luck with the shots..you can do them! I give all of mine to myself too
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?

September 10th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Thanks Leah..... Speaking of IM shots.... My clinic has me scheduled for progesterone in ETHYL OLEATE.... It's 175 dollars more than progesterone in (sesame) oil. Which would be covered by insurance.

Should I go for comfort? Apparently the progesterone in ethyl is a thinner needle and its a smoother oil. Apparently it's way less painful.

If we do the progesterone in oil ( sesame oil) it is covered by insurance but is much more painful apparently?

Can anyone weigh in?
September 11th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillwaiting View Post
I agree with Melissa ...the menopur is to boost the egg quality. I've been on Menopur and Bravelle for each of my IVF cycles. Did you do lupron last time? Are you doing a lower dose this time around? What other meds are you on?

My first cycle I only got 4 eggs (I was too supressed) and the second time (in March/April) they took lupron out of the mix and I got 11 eggs.

Best of luck to you! Praying so hard you make it to retrieval. And, keep in mind..quality not quantity. I had my daughter out of that IVF with only 4 eggies

Melissa...good luck with the shots..you can do them! I give all of mine to myself too
Yes, I did Lupron last cycle and I will be on it again this cycle, which makes me a little nervous because I dont want to be over suppressed again. It will be the same does.... 10mg and then decrease to 5mg after a week depending on my first E2 test. Then I will be taking 75 of Menpour, 300 ius of Follistim and continue with lupron up until retervial. I just hope we can make it till retervial this time around.

How did everyone decide on how many eggs to transfer back in ?
September 11th, 2013, 09:44 AM
I decided on 2 because I knew I would be okay ( and would welcome) twins. I am tall-ish, with a long torso and carry babies well, so I knew my body could handle it too.
We are 100% against selective reduction, so we would never put more in than we were prepared to raise.

This time around, I almost decided to do a single transfer, but ultimately didn't feel right about it. Part of it was peace I received after prayer, part gut feeling, and part of it was the statistics, and how they made me feel.
I guess you have to consider what would be worst?
Risking multiples? Or having a higher chance of a failed cycle....

Since these are my last two embryos, I felt more pressure. We decided financially that once we transfer all our embryos, that would be it for us with IVF.

I was more scared to have 2 individual failures and then be done.... I would rather transfer together and have a higher chance at success.
*Leah* likes this.
September 11th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Hi ladies!!!!!! I too will be cycling in October /November. Me and Dh are currently waiting on AF so I can start my BCP. I've never wanted to see After so bad in my entire life lol. Once she comes then our journey to baby land begins. I can't wait I'm just a nervous ball of emotions right now. The anticipation is killing me . I hope we all concieve this cycle, then we can chat about our pregnancies as we'll all so close in gestational weeks. TONS AND TONS OF BABY DUST TO YOU ALL!!

Lol I mean AF not after
*Melissa*, *Leah* and amberbanegas like this.
September 12th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Melissa, unless you are allergic to sesame...I'd go for the cheaper option, personally. Yes it is a bigger needle, but it doesn't hurt at all. That needle is SHARP, I don't even feel it. I also warm up the syringe with a hot wet washcloth to warm the oil before injecting...I've found it absorbs better and you don't get knots. I would not pay that extra. I had to use 3 vials before my beta (30 shots) and that can get spendy. If your ins pays for the Sesame...I'd go with that. It can't be that much better! LOL

Welcome Belle!!!

We chose 2 each time to transfer, because my clinic charges 10% MORE if you want a single embryo transfer, probably because it has a less % of working. I'd rather take the risk of twins. And for the record...I've txferred 2 each time. The first two fresh IVF's I got pg with a singleton and the FET I had a CP. With my first pregnancy, Mallory was there, and there was another sac, much smaller and completely black...so it was the other baby that started to take and then didn't for some reason. That embryo had some fragmentation.

AJP, I don't want you to think your Dr. doesn't know what s/he is doing...but my Dr never does the same protocol twice, he always changes something up. I am surprised you are going to be on lupron again. Is he changing the meds/doses etc this time?

How many eggs did you get last time?

Do you know what your FSH or AMH levels are?

What was your antral follicle count (AFC) at your CD3 appt?

Sorry for all the questions...just trying to get the whole picture here Hope you don't mind!!

Belle - do you know your protocol? What meds will you be on?
*Melissa* likes this.

September 12th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Jenn in DC's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi ladies!! I am planning to do a FET at the end of October/beginning of November. This will be exactly two years since I did my last FET, which resulted in my sweet baby boy who is now 13 months. I am excited and nervous to be heading down this path again.

Melissa and Alicia - I can't even begin to say how excited I am to see you both here!!!! I didn't realize we'd be going through this together again!

To the other ladies - I look forward to getting to know you all and seeing your beautiful BFPs!
*Melissa*, *Leah* and Katie L like this.
Started TTC #1 July 2009
Summer 2010 - Three IUIs with Clomid & Gonal F - All BFNs
Winter 2011 - IVF Clinical Trial. Cycle Cancelled.
March 2011 - Minimal Stimulation IVF #1 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen on Day 3.
April 2011 - Mini-IVF #2 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen as expanded blasts on Day 5.
May 2011 - Mini-IVF #3 - 4 eggs retrieved (two mature and 2 immature), one egg made it to blast and was frozen. Five snowbabies in all!! Hysteroscopy.
July 2011 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP and then miscarriage

November 2011 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP!! Aven Robert Born on August 4, 2012

July 2014 - Got Pregnant Naturally with Twins! Miscarriage at 9 weeks.
November 2014 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP!
Beta #1 12 DPO = 45
Beta #2 14 DPO = 118
Beta #3 21 DPO = 3,451
September 12th, 2013, 11:54 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Melissa, I'd go with the sesame oil, too. It might be slightly thicker, but that's a LOT more money to pay when it isn't necessary. I'd rather spend it on my babies, but that's just me

Melissa & DH

September 12th, 2013, 12:32 PM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
Sesame oil is my vote too! If I can take those shots ANYONE can! The shot didn't hurt it was just the ball afterwards but no more pain then a bruise.

I also used Crinon twice a day and once the PIO was over I used it 3 times a day. Crinon is a vaginal gel that sticks inside and absorbs.

I think my vials where $10.00 after insurance for the PIO in Sesame. I used 3 vials. Save your money for maternity cloths.
*Melissa* and *Leah* like this.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569