Dec 2013/jan 2014 ivf/fet

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree181Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2014, 10:27 AM
Liyana's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bshields79 View Post
I guess I am supposed to be 4 weeks 5 days today and only have a beta of 91. I want to believe we had a late implantation and they called the embryo early in the blast stage when we transferred.

9dp5dt - 16
11dp5dt - 24
14dp5dt - 91

We retest Wednesday. I was expecting to have a lower number but remaining hopeful.
Hi thank you foer writing. What is your name? Have you transfered 1 embryo or 2?
Is it your first ivf?
As you can see from my history my hcg was at 13dt3dt 49 and today 17dt3dt 120...
My fertility clinic did not ask me do to third beta... :/ they said just, there is not much hope, let's see if your MC will begin during this week or not...
Looks like we need to pray darling!!! Hugs..

IVF/ICSI #3
ER: 17.06.14 (retrived 12 eggs, 6 fertilized)
ET: 19.06.14 ( Two, 4-cell embies transfered) BFN!! 3 frosties
BETA: 14dp2dt, 03.07.14 Negative

IVF#4
FET 17.09.14 (2 beautiful blastocysts transferred). BFP 6dpt.

BETA: 14dpt,1.10.14 2300! Second BETA 21dpt 08.10.14 14610!!!! 1 baby

February 3rd, 2014, 11:06 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by flhopeful View Post
Amy - you doing okay? When is your actual blood test? No signs of AF, right?
My headache went to full migraine. I had to break down and take 1/2 of a phenergan to help me sleep. Took 2 tylenol with it. Slept about 4 hours. It's back down to normal headache status but it's still there. But I woke up with this horrible taste in my mouth that will NOT go away. I've tried eating and drinking and brushing my teeth. It's going to be another lay around and take it easy kind of day.

AF possible signs would be the migraine. I always get one before I start. But we've had drastic weather changes here so that could be the trigger for it too. So I really don't know. I'm only slightly crampy and that's almost non-existent.

How is everyone feeling?
2004--divorce
2007--remarried, DH has no biological children
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap
2013--diagnosed with too much damage to tubes, totally useless

IVF #2
3/14/14-- ER, 12 eggs retrieved, all 12 fertilized by ICSI
3/19/14-- ET, 2 Beautiful 5 day blasts transferred, 5 frosties!
3/24/14-- Faint BFP w/FMU.
3/31/14-- Beta = 578!! U/S scheduled for 4/14!
4/14/14-- U/S confirms TWINS!! Strong heart beats, perfect shape and perfect size!
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
11/1/14-- Jacob Roger and Josiah Todd are welcomed to the world!!

Last edited by amymperkins; February 3rd, 2014 at 11:18 AM.
February 3rd, 2014, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amymperkins View Post
My headache went to full migraine. I had to break down and take 1/2 of a phenergan to help me sleep. Took 2 tylenol with it. Slept about 4 hours. It's back down to normal headache status but it's still there. But I woke up with this horrible taste in my mouth that will NOT go away. I've tried eating and drinking and brushing my teeth. It's going to be another lay around and take it easy kind of day.

AF possible signs would be the migraine. I always get one before I start. But we've had drastic weather changes here so that could be the trigger for it too. So I really don't know. I'm only slightly crampy and that's almost non-existent.

How is everyone feeling?

Hi Amy,
Hope you feel better soon!! And that the symptoms are BFP signs! I had cramps all day Thursday and Friday by Saturday the cramping was only occasional but still tire out early. Sunday was quiet with little signs of activity. I did have to lay down a couple times to rest as I weirdly and randomly get tired. Even washing and blow drying my hair seemed like a big chore.. had to take breaks in between. Sunday Night I started to worry about the no activity and the bloating has disappeared. Today i'm having occasional tugs and twinges this morning, even though I have a sit down mostly computer non physical labor job, thinking maybe I should head home for the rest of the day I have not POAS yet because I'm only on 5pdt 3dt wish I could see what was going on in there...agony...
Caroline.
February 3rd, 2014, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liyana View Post
Hi thank you foer writing. What is your name? Have you transfered 1 embryo or 2?
Is it your first ivf?
As you can see from my history my hcg was at 13dt3dt 49 and today 17dt3dt 120...
My fertility clinic did not ask me do to third beta... :/ they said just, there is not much hope, let's see if your MC will begin during this week or not...

Praying for you Liyana and Bshields, Its my first IVF cycle so don't have experience with what numbers should be besides what RE tells me. Keep the hope alive.. sticky beans and best of luck.
Caroline.
amberbanegas and Bshields79 like this.
February 3rd, 2014, 02:28 PM
Super Mommy
Hoping those are BFP symptoms, Amy! I have this cold, keep having cramps and am getting some leg cramps but I'm worried AF is coming. Is it Thursday yet!?!?
February 3rd, 2014, 03:06 PM
Super Mommy
I haven't really felt anything at all other than this migraine. Yesterday I had a weird taste in my mouth when I woke up but it went away easily and quickly. Today, it was worse but it did finally go away. Crazy intense dreams lately. Every once in a while (maybe 2-3 times a day) I feel a tiny bit of cramping but it doesn't last more than a minute or two.

Hopefully everyone is feeling well today. Sending sticky vibes and well wishes to everyone!
BabyDustme likes this.
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
4/14/14-- U/S confirms TWINS!! Strong heart beats, perfect shape and perfect size!
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
February 3rd, 2014, 04:02 PM
Liyana, my name is Bobbi. This is our second cycle. We miscarried just shy of 8 weeks in May. My first beta at that time was 81 and doubled.

I know my doctor wanted 100 first beta but they feel better with the progress. They called the embryo early so I wonder if I could have been 1.5 days behind possibly.

We were told about miscarriage also as they wanted to be upfront with us. But I am continuing meds. I ran out of oil and am doing the vsginal suppositories. It was at 600 mg/day but they said I could go down to 400 now.

Keep in touch. You are more than welcome to message me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liyana View Post
Is it your first ivf?
Sorry omitted we transferred just one each cycle. That is the only number we had as blastocysts each cycle.

Just thinking...I think if we want additional betas they should do is. We are the ones that need the reassurance.
Liyana likes this.
February 3rd, 2014, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bshields79 View Post
Liyana, my name is Bobbi. This is our second cycle. We miscarried just shy of 8 weeks in May. My first beta at that time was 81 and doubled.

I know my doctor wanted 100 first beta but they feel better with the progress. They called the embryo early so I wonder if I could have been 1.5 days behind possibly.

We were told about miscarriage also as they wanted to be upfront with us. But I am continuing meds. I ran out of oil and am doing the vsginal suppositories. It was at 600 mg/day but they said I could go down to 400 now.

Keep in touch. You are more than welcome to message me.

Sorry omitted we transferred just one each cycle. That is the only number we had as blastocysts each cycle.

Just thinking...I think if we want additional betas they should do is. We are the ones that need the reassurance.

-----

Hi Bobbi,

I really appreciate your answer..wow you are then exactly in the same time range as me 4w+5 days..
I must say something here, your absolutely right.. actually yesterday it was my second BETA and I paid for it it wasn't free of charge... and If I want to have third BETA they should do it!! As I mentioned in my previous message my fertility clinic didn't ask me to come for third....
I have been thinking to go tomorrow to pregant women emergency deparment, I am not sure if they will do the BETA there but I need answers I just cant wait..its insane...
Based on your first IVF ...seems like the miscarriage is waiting for me aswell? :/
I am also on Progrestrone vaginal suppositories, I didn't stop with it like my dr suggested me yesterday to do....
Do I understand correctly that your second IVF first BETA was 100, have you had already second BETA?
How you are feeling generally? Any symtoms? Do you feel something in your lower tummy?
I really like to hear from you!! Take good care of yourself!! We need to be strong! And really believe in miracles!

IVF/ICSI #3

IVF#4

February 4th, 2014, 05:13 AM
Super Mommy
How are you doing today, Liyana??

AFM, I don't know. I'm really crampy, or more accurately it feels like a lot of pressure. That started last night. I'm taking another migraine. Both of those make me think AF is on the way. But I've had A LOT of (TMI) watery discharge (enough that every time it happens I think I've started). That's not my normal with AF. And I've been having crazy, off the wall, vivid dreams. Lots of them. That's not my normal either. I usually have one vivid dream per night. But I'm waking up a lot and needing to pee (but refusing to so I can test with fmu). So each time I go back to sleep it's a new dream. Those things make me think that just maybe this cycle worked. But it's 8dp5dt and it's still a bfn.
Liyana likes this.
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
February 4th, 2014, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amymperkins View Post
How are you doing today, Liyana??

AFM, I don't know. I'm really crampy, or more accurately it feels like a lot of pressure. That started last night. I'm taking another migraine. Both of those make me think AF is on the way. But I've had A LOT of (TMI) watery discharge (enough that every time it happens I think I've started). That's not my normal with AF. And I've been having crazy, off the wall, vivid dreams. Lots of them. That's not my normal either. I usually have one vivid dream per night. But I'm waking up a lot and needing to pee (but refusing to so I can test with fmu). So each time I go back to sleep it's a new dream. Those things make me think that just maybe this cycle worked. But it's 8dp5dt and it's still a bfn.
Hi Amy!
I generally ok, thanks for asking.
I am just very worried... I am thinking maybe my AF is delayed because I am using Progrestrone?
I found very good link:
Will Progesterone Suppositories Delay AF? - BabyCenter
I have headaches, temp is ok...my bb is larger and nipples are sore
I still getting BFP`s ....
I AM VERY UNSURE what to do? Perhaps I will stop with meds tonight and see if my AF will come or not...if not then although my HCG is 120 my baby has make it through....
---
Its good that you have watery discharge - I have it too!
I am sure tomorrow or latest 10d5dt you will see beautiful stripes!
When you have your BETA? After 3 days?

IVF/ICSI #3

IVF#4

February 4th, 2014, 05:36 AM
Super Mommy
My beta is Friday. Seems like forever from now.

I am still praying for you that all works out well in the end with your pregnancy.
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
February 4th, 2014, 05:39 AM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
Liyana- I will look for that study that I saw… But basically… Miscarriages happen more likely with LOW Progrestone… That being said… Stopping is not helping. (I am still on it, and will be until 3 months)
I had a chemical pregnancy and my period came WHILE I was taking the suppositories… I am going to read the article that you posted and see what it says… But from experience I can tell you, I still got my period WITH them… It isn't hurting anything if you continue them… IMO I think it is helping...

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com
February 4th, 2014, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbanegas View Post
Liyana- I will look for that study that I saw… But basically… Miscarriages happen more likely with LOW Progrestone… That being said… Stopping is not helping. (I am still on it, and will be until 3 months)
I had a chemical pregnancy and my period came WHILE I was taking the suppositories… I am going to read the article that you posted and see what it says… But from experience I can tell you, I still got my period WITH them… It isn't hurting anything if you continue them… IMO I think it is helping...
Hi Amber!!

Thank you sooo much for your answer!
So you are thinking that stopping progrestrone will not delay / postpone my AF? .. its helping me - more than I think? ...and I am not loosing anything with it?
But I don't understand then why my Dr. said stop using them? And let me know when your period begin so we can start with new cycle? What the heck?
I have positive HPT`s still.
:/ So confused..
So you are thinking that my period could come although I am using progrestrone? And I could have chemical pregnancy? Mnijaa... I understand that aswell...
My Dr also said if my period is not starting during this week I have to inform him about that latest on Monday - but he thinks that I have stopped with Progrestrone... :/

IVF/ICSI #3

IVF#4

Last edited by Liyana; February 4th, 2014 at 06:38 AM.
February 4th, 2014, 07:00 AM
Super Mommy
Pregnancy Test Gallery - Image #228617 | Countdown to Pregnancy

Not sure if this will work but I got a second line this morning for the first time ever. I am so freaked out that it was an error but I disposed of the urine before taking a second FRER. D'oh! I'll test again tomorrow morning. I just hope this doesn't go away...I've never seen one of these before so I don't know if it's an error or what and no one has commented on it on the website since I posted it like 15 seconds ago I don't know what's wrong with me but I'm not letting myself get excited. I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop. I debated even posting this for fear of jinxing myself.

I don't know what just happened to my picture on the site. I'll upload it again.
Liyana, april18 and BabyDustme like this.

Last edited by flhopeful; February 4th, 2014 at 07:04 AM.
February 4th, 2014, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flhopeful View Post
Pregnancy Test Gallery - Image #228617 | Countdown to Pregnancy

Not sure if this will work but I got a second line this morning for the first time ever. I am so freaked out that it was an error but I disposed of the urine before taking a second FRER. D'oh! I'll test again tomorrow morning. I just hope this doesn't go away...I've never seen one of these before so I don't know if it's an error or what and no one has commented on it on the website since I posted it like 15 seconds ago I don't know what's wrong with me but I'm not letting myself get excited. I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop. I debated even posting this for fear of jinxing myself.

I don't know what just happened to my picture on the site. I'll upload it again.
Woow Darling, it soo beautiful big fat positive
Huge congratulations!!!
Don't worry its not going away
When you have your beta after 2 days?
Uhh I am soo happy about you
flhopeful likes this.

IVF/ICSI #3

IVF#4

February 4th, 2014, 07:19 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks, Liyana! I'll feel better if the tests keep looking like this tomorrow morning and my beta is Thursday at 8am. I wish I'd taken two tests but it didn't occur to me until it was too late. I am so worried that if I bend over too much or get excited or eat/drink the wrong thing or sleep the wrong way or tell you ladies, etc. that something will go wrong. I keep having AF type cramps and twinges so that really freaks me out too. Is it Thursday yet!?!

How are you feeling? What have you decided to do? I keep sending prayers your way that it all works out. xoxoxo
February 4th, 2014, 07:24 AM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
O Yeah Whitney! You got a BFP!!! Congrats!

Liyana- When I went to the hospital for spotting, they gave me MORE Progrestone (But a shot to support my pregnancy) You could stop and see if your bean will continue on without it… Or you can keep taking it until your period comes on it's own or if you stay pregnant! I just don't wanna see you give up if there is a chance.
april18, flhopeful and BabyDustme like this.

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com
February 4th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Super Mommy
Congrats Whitney!! I forget, what day past transfer are you on? Your beta is a day before mine so that gives me a little hope since today's was a bfn and I'm having AF type cramping.

Liyana, I agree with Amber. I would stay on it until AF came. But that's just me.
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
February 4th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Super Mommy
Amy - I'm 7dp5dt so I guess that would be 12dpo. I feel the AF type cramping too and your other symptoms sound really promising! I'm hoping I see a for you tomorrow morning!

Also, I had an OB GYN exam at 6dp5dt yesterday since I hadn't gone since before going to the fertility clinic last April (doc said it was okay to do at this point). They did a test for me and it was BFN. So the FMU and the extra day helped.
amberbanegas likes this.

Last edited by flhopeful; February 4th, 2014 at 09:43 AM.
February 4th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Super Mommy
Today was 8dp5dt for me. We don't have any FRER here. Just one that is actually suppose to be more sensitive than they are. One that detects at 20 instead of 25. I also have a couple of the cheap ones from Walmart. Maybe tomorrow I'll pick up a FRER if we still get a bfn. I just don't feel like getting out today. I didn't sleep well last night and have a headache. My recliner is just screaming my name!
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search