Dec 2013/jan 2014 ivf/fet

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree181Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 30th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Thank you ladies! I will admit, at first I was overwhelmed when we first received our IVF packet from the doctor. 3 day or 5 day transfer? What in the world is a ICSI? LOL but reading your words of encouragement for me and other ladies has calmed me down so much. I feel like you guys have helped explain some things to me that I was so confused about. I cant wait to check back with you on Friday when we go over all of our paperwork with the doctor!!
November 1st, 2013, 09:03 AM
I will be doing the same. My dr. changed it up a bit do to the Thanksgiving holiday....I did 2 days of BCP and now estrace for 10-14 days then progesterone. We only have 3 frozen and they were frozen at day 2/ 2 cell stage. If they all survive the thaw we will let them grow one more day and transfer all three.

Ladies, Im curious if you all cut out or add anything to your diet before FET?? Like if you cut out coffee from your diet...how many days or weeks before the transfer?
November 2nd, 2013, 10:46 PM
Veteran
AF showed today. Talked to the nurses and started my bcp's. I have to call Monday to schedule the sonohystogram and trial transfer. Dh had to have all his blood tests fine. SA is already fine. I have a consult with the RE Wednesday which is when I will get all they official paperwork and whatever protocol we are going to do. So excited and so nervous at the same time. Just scared because I know we can only really afford 1 shot at this.

November 4th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Veteran
spoke to the nurses. Sonohystogram is set for Thursday at 11. Will schedule the trial transfer at my consultation on Wednesday. Everything is moving so fast.

November 6th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Hi Ladies,

Do you mind if I join? My OH and I should be starting our IVF w ICSI cycle in December. Both my tubes are damaged and my OH has a slight morphology issue. We have a few more blood test to run and he has to do one more SA. I'm new to this and I am not sure what to say. I'm feeling very anxious and impatient. I'm having a hard time just relaxing or even sleeping. I'm so happy to read all you ladies are on you're journey to becoming mommies .

Thanks,
amberbanegas likes this.
November 6th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Veteran
Hi Lola! I'm having trouble relaxing too. The waiting is hard.

Had my consult appt today. My sonohystogram is tomorrow. They will schedule my trial transfer then. They said I will receive my "calendar" soon. My baseline will be sometime the week of Thanksgiving, with a retrieval scheduled around 2 weeks after that. I was excited to hear my dr's office doesn't use the progesterone shots, just vaginal inserts. Less shots I have to worry about! She also said she is STRONGLY recommending ICSI for us, as it seems my DH's morphology has changed since his last SA which was 2006. She thinks that is the real reason nothing has worked for us yet. I have ovulated almost every cycle we have done. Hopeful this all works this time. It is our 1 and only shot at this.

November 6th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Hi Mama2JC&L,

How exciting. It's going to work for you! My fingers are crossed for your BFP. I'm waiting for my AF, as soon as she comes I will do blood work on day 3 and then again on day 21. I
I already did my sonohystogram and my trial transfer. If all goes well I start lupron on day 22. In between my oh has to do another SA. Are you nervous about doing ICSI? I'm hoping being on this board keeps me OFF google. All the mixed information stresses me out. I'm usually a really laid back relaxed person but not lately. Was thinking of having a glass of wine tonight. Thank you so much for welcoming me. I really need some support thru this.
November 6th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Veteran
We can help keep each other from going crazy! I'm still shocked it came to this. i'm preferring to stay in the dark about most of this so I don't panic about stuff.

November 7th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Veteran
sonohystogram was done today. Of course, to add to the fun, it was abnormal. something about my right tube wasn't working correctly, so now I have an HSG scheduled for next thursday. I wish I would have had someone with me to listen to what they were saying. Whatever it is, if it still shows as a problem on the HSG, they may have to remove the tube, which would delay our IVF. All I can remember is something with fluid and pooling, and it would decrease our chances of conceiving by 20% if not corrected first.

So as of now, they gave me my calendar. My HSG is 11/14, Trial transfer is 11/19. Baseline 11/21 and start lupron 11/22. Last BCP 11/25, start meds 11/29 for a retrieval/transfer the week of 12/8-12/14.

Was excited but feeling a bit discouraged now.

November 7th, 2013, 06:35 PM
I'm sorry about the bad news Mama2JC&L. I had my left tube removed because it was filled with fluid. I was told it does reduce your chances of the IVF working. I know it sounds disappointing but try and think positive. This is something they need to do so you're embryo can implant and grow. One of the Dr.s I met said she had tried IVF 3 times and it failed. As soon as she removed her tube filled with fluid her following IVF worked and she had healthy twin boys. At least you have a calendar I have to wait til I get my AF before I get calendar. I'm here if you need me.
November 8th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Welcome Lola!!

Mama, dont be discouraged about needing to remove your tube. I agree with Lola it will increase your chances of a BFP then its worth it and makes sense.

Both of you ladies mentioned a trial transfer. What does this entail and why does your dr do it? I am just curious because I've had one failed cycle and we didnt do a mock transfer. We are schedule to do a FET transfer on Nov. 20th. Should i ask for a mock before?
November 8th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Veteran
This is what I read: A trial transfer is to mimic the actual embryo transfer by passing a soft catheter into the uterine cavity to determine the angle and depth of the uterus, and to help discover if there is any difficulty in doing so in advance. This allows us to “map out” an appropriate path for the actual embryo transfer so that this procedure is done as smoothly easily as possible.

My office said to me yesterday something about having an EXTREMELY full bladder, to the point you want to cry. They put in a speculum and do the U/s on the abdomen. This flattens out the uterus. Somehow this helps them....

November 8th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Kaitie9399's Avatar Veteran
I've had two trial passes, they are nothing to worry about--and I didn't need to have a full bladder, actually they made me empty my bladder.

They're simple and done in less than 5 minutes.
November 9th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Hi AJP3610,

Some clinics do a trial transfer to map out the uterus before the actual embryo transfer. Other clinics use an abdominal ultrasound to guide embryo placement. My clinic does both. You should ask your Dr what their procedure is just to make sure. Regardless of their method I'm sure it will all work out.

Is anyone doing acupuncture?
November 9th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Good morning all! I was hoping I could join in! I've always been a reader of message boards but have never joined- so I guess I'm a newbie

A little bit about us....my husband has non-obstructive azoospermia. We were told IVF with ICSI is our only option. He just had a TESE done this past Wednesday. They only found a handful of sperm. We are freezing that as backup.

I'm currently on bcp and will begin meds on 11/29. My RE has put me on an antagonist protocol. We have a possible egg retrieval date of 12/12.

It's our first cycle and of course everything is very overwhelming and stressful. Overall, I'm excited and feel better now that we have a plan but as you all know its a crazy time. Between the financial aspect of it and that wondering feeling I constantly have in the back of my mind...will it work?

I'm am doing acupuncture once a week and do feel like that helps some.

Anyways, I'd love to join in for the support and discussions
amberbanegas likes this.
November 9th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Welcome Hopefulmama2014!

I know how you feel. Excited,anxious and scared. At least we have made if this far and having a plan helps. I'm waiting for my AF before I get a calendar. The waiting is torture. We will go through this together .

I started acupuncture and I felt a little relaxed. I also want to try yoga but its hard to fit in my schedule and budget.
November 10th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Hi Lola!

I know the waiting is torture, but we will get through it! Hopefully, Af comes soon for you!
I feel the same way about doing yoga. I've done it in the past and would love to get back into it right now but you're right it's another cost and when to fit it in? Maybe I will look into a weekend class. I walk my dogs in the evening with DH and that's also a nice stress reliever.

Question for the group....how does everyone feel about caffeine? I'm still drinking a single cup of coffee ( usually half caf) a day. Should I give it up completely? I also sometimes have a glass of wine here and there. I figured I'd stop completely when I begin my meds. I don't want to be so restrictive but I also don't want to be hurting my chances in anyway. What do you all think?
November 10th, 2013, 09:31 AM
My Dr. Told me I don't have to give up caffeine until I do the transfer. She told me since I only have a cup a day it isn't a problem. However my acupunturist wants me to give it up completely
I decided I will give it up when I start my stims.

Wine- I LOVE my wine! I don't drink daily but I do have my glasses of red wine here and there through out the week. Mostly Friday and Saturdays. Again my dr said it was ok until transfer as long as its only a glass here and there. She said the most important thing is not to allow yourself to get dehydrated. Drink plenty of water and a cup of coffee, tea or a glass of wine will not be harmful.

Has anyone gotten a flu shot?
My dr strongly recommended I get one before I start my medications.

Thanks,
November 10th, 2013, 05:06 PM
I know our doctor told us a cup of coffee or tea is okay but once the meds start, to cut it out completely!! I'm a huge tea drinker but for the past couple of months have started to not drink as much. Im to the point that I don't even miss it.
November 11th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Lola,

Yes, I think it's a good idea to get a flu shot before starting this process. You reminded me that's on my to do list. I'm going to try and go today

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search