Dec 2013/jan 2014 ivf/fet

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree181Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 22nd, 2013, 09:41 PM
Hi Everyone.
We are starting our 2nd IVF cycle this month and have I have already started the meds. I found out recently that I have a low ovarian reserve and that somehow after having my daughter, that my tubes are closed.
They have started my medication at a pretty high dose and I was wondering if anyone else has been on high dose of Gonal or does not produce a lot of follicles?
November 23rd, 2013, 07:32 AM
Lola,

I am also on an antagonist protocol. I'm finishing up my bcp next week and begin my meds a week from today. I'm taking follistim, menopour, and ganarelix It's all becoming so real now! I'm staying positive and hopeful. It has to work!! I can't wait to hear about all the BFPs!!!!
November 23rd, 2013, 02:20 PM
I'm on Menopur and it did burn going in the first time. A friend told me to mix it and let it sit for about 5 minutes and to ice the injection site, and it has made a HUGE difference.
Good luck

I'm on Menopur and it did burn going in the first time. A friend told me to mix it and let it sit for about 5 minutes and to ice the injection site, and it has made a HUGE difference.
Good luck
November 24th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Hi. Jut wanyed to ask what the process is for fet. Has anyone else been through it before? Also have my chances improved now the hydrosalpinxs/ tubes have been removed?
November 24th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Hi Loala, thanks for your reply and everyone else whos replied.xx sorry just getting used to the site. Excited and nervous at the same time. I did the short protocol during my last ivf in june and i responded alot better than the two before. Got 11 eggs 2 transfered. 2 embies frozen. Never had any to freeze in previous long cycles. Plus better quality embryos. How long is the fet process 6 weeks or4 weeks?
November 29th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Super Mommy
Today was our second monitoring day.... I have no way to judge. E2 is 215 lining is 7.2 and triple layered. We have 16 growing follies 1-10 1-11 8-8 6-7. We go back Monday ... our egg retrieval has been pushed back. I didn't respond to the lower dose and we had to up it.
*Leah* likes this.
November 29th, 2013, 09:08 PM
My first stim day is tomorrow!!! Excited to get them going but nervous about my first injection! So far we still have a possible retrieval day of Dec. 12th. We'll see how it goes!
December 1st, 2013, 06:07 AM
Veteran
Totally freaked out this morning. When I got my last period and started this cycle and testing, the nurse told me that it would be my last period. I had some dark spotting for the last few days, but figured we were messing with hormones, it was probably normal. Today I started BLEEDING!!! Called the office freaked out. Nurse ends up telling me it is normal for some to get spotting or a period, as long as it doesn't go on for a week, since we need the lining to be thick. Here's to hoping this bleeding stops.....

December 2nd, 2013, 09:11 AM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Mama, I had that too, but it's still early and your lining will catch up!

Starlit, YAY, grow follies!!

Good luck ladies!!
starlitnite611 likes this.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

December 2nd, 2013, 02:19 PM
Hi. Anyone having endemertial scratching. I had a consultation today with the nurse and i asked if i could have it as ive read alot about it doubling your chanves of implantation.x going to hav it mid jan a week before af and start of prostap. The hospital have agreed although they said i may need to payas nhs do npt fund it yet.
December 2nd, 2013, 02:54 PM
Super Mommy
Well... went to the Dr. Lining good. Our follies are 17,14,13,& a whole bunch of 11s. They are thinking an ER this weekend.

Leah... thanks for the encouragement ... I a bundle of nerves ... :/
December 3rd, 2013, 07:53 AM
Veteran
Starlit - that is so exciting! Everything is starting

nkali - I have never heard of endometrial scratching?

I went for my first u/s today since starting the stims. bleeding is finally slowing down. They said lining looks good, it's a 5. I have tons of little follies on each ovary, but nothing above a 10 yet. said it is completely normal for day 4 of stims. just waiting for them to call me this afternoon to tell me what dose of follistim I will take for the next 2 days. Still set for a retrieval/transfer next week......aaggghhhhh!!!!

December 4th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Hey girls, I guess I'm joining!!!!

I had my follow up Monday and heard from the nurse today. My Dr. is out of town in February, so I'm going with a late Jan cycle, but there is a chance that my Dr. won't be in town for the transfer, if I stim extra, which I'm okay with, because the other Dr. did my retrieval last time...and I've seen her a few times as well.

No lupron and very minimal bcp's....I'll call when I get AF and then we'll go from there. They said that I might be on estrace to begin with too, and I'm going to stay on Medrol instead of 4 days after transfer, I'll stay on it for 12 weeks (HOPEFULLY!) ....

how is everyone doing? I'll try to read and catch up!

Nkali, welcome - I've never heard of anyone doing the endometrial scratching, but good luck.
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?

December 4th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Super Mommy
Well ladies... my ivf cycle has now been down graded to an IUI. We have two really good follies but that's all. We are awaiting the call to schedule our IUI. Best of luck!!
December 4th, 2013, 09:49 AM
I know it's not what you wanted sweetie, but Jill had the same thing just happen on the other thread and she is preggers - Best of luck to you!!
starlitnite611 likes this.

December 4th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks Leah.
December 7th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Veteran
Been freaking out all day. Had my u/s and blood work t today as usual but left knowing nothing. I have been waiting all day for instructions for needs tonight and fearing something was wrong. All I could think was the whole cycle was going to get scrapped. She couldn't see the whole outline of my righty ovary so of course I think the worst.

Anyways, good news is I have to take my ovidrel at 1030 tonight, go for blood work tomorrow, and my retrieval is Monday morning!!!!! So excited, scared, and nervous all at the same time. My transfer is set for Thursday. At least I have the holiday madness to get me through the dreaded tww

December 7th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Hope your trigger shot went well!!!! They would have called if something was wrong!! Yay for retrieval and txfer dates!!!

December 11th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Where is everyone?

December 11th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Well, it's almost go time for me! I'm waiting to take my trigger shot tonight at 11pm and then we are set for our ER Friday morning. Can't believe it's here and that my last shot is tonight. My tummy is so sore! The past 12 days have actually gone by quick and my symptoms weren't as bad as I thought. Sure I've been exhausted and the last several days I've been crampy and had lower back pain but hopefully it will all be worth it! I can't believe in two weeks we'll know if its worked. Praying it does! How's everyone else doing?

Staying hopeful,
Katie

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search