Dec 2013/jan 2014 ivf/fet

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree181Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Super Mommy
hi Girls! I hope you don't mind me jumping in. this is my 1st round of ivf. I haven't gotten a lot or any info from our dr, so I apologize in advance if I ask question after question. I read some of the posts & I feel lost.

any how, dec 6 we transferred 2 embies (both boys). i was hoping & praying for at least 1 girl, but I am happy hubby & I got 2 embryos to transfer. best of luck to all of you!!!!
*Leah* likes this.
December 13th, 2013, 06:09 AM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
Hi Everyone! I have been out of the loop for a couple of weeks. I went to America and closed on our house. My DH and I were very busy painting and whatnot.
I went to the doctor the day after I got back, he said to come in on the 22nd to get my meds. It seems that I will be having my FET on 8 Jan! Time is moving right along! I look forward to talking to all of you… For some reason I keep going into my old forum (Oct/Nov) , I just keep checking in over there… Seeing how my chickies are doing.

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com

December 14th, 2013, 02:52 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Good luck April...welcome back Amber!!!
amberbanegas likes this.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

December 15th, 2013, 07:57 AM
So the ER went well! They retreived 9 mature eggs and we found out that 5 fertilized. Waiting to find out if we are doing a day 3 or 5 transfer. It feels so crazy to be at this point in the journey. The past 2 days have felt like forever. How do you all get through the 2WW????

Also, started endometrin progesterone suppositories this morning. It made me feel crampy. I'm guessing this is normal. Not looking forward to using these 3 times a day but if it helps get me and keep me preggers it'll all be worth it!

Katie
December 15th, 2013, 12:52 PM
YAY Katie good luck! My daughter is a 3dt ....either way, gooood luck! When do you find out?

The TWW is so hard, but it will be shorter, because by the time they get into you they will already be 3 or 5 days So it's a shorter wait than normal

GOOOOOD LUCK! Will you test?
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?

December 15th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Thank you!!!! i can't believe its finally here! We are scheduled for the 3dt tomorrow at 10. If for some reason they look at the embryos in the morning and they all look perfect then we may go for day 5.

As far as testing goes, my clinic (kaiser) says not to. Do they all say that? Our first blood test is on 12/27

How do you know it's safe to test and that the hcg trigger is out of your system? How many of you have tested before. Should I??! I know it might be hard to resist!
*Leah* likes this.
December 16th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Super Mommy
hello girls! I went in 2 days early. my official test is this wed, but they said i'm pregnant!!!! I can not believe it. this is my first time ivf. my number is 25. do you think that is a good number? I asked the nurse & she said I can not compare my number to others & to stay off these fertility boards. I can't help it thought. it brings me hope & I don't feel so alone when I read all of the posts

God is so good!

sending sticky vibes out into the universe!!! <3
swtneka and Liyana like this.
December 16th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Congrats, April!!!!! That is so exciting! I think as long as your numbers double the next time you test you're good! A nurse today told me everyone starts off with different numbers. I'm so happy for you!!!

We did our 3dt today and it went really well. They said they were all really good quality. We transferred two embryos, a 7 cell and a 8 cell. Praying a least one sticks!!!!

After the transfer I did a thirty minute post embryo acupuncture treatment. I've been resting, keeping my feet warms and eating warm foods. I heard it helps! I also have a pineapple I'm going to cut up for dessert tonight. Any other tips?

I can't believe I have two tiny embryos in me and that I'm technically pregnant. I've never been able to say that before! I really hope it sticks!!!

Katie
*Leah* likes this.
December 16th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Super Mommy
thank you Leah & Katie!!!!

I hope you get some rest & the tww goes by quickly!!!

sticky dust <3
December 19th, 2013, 06:34 AM
April- I went and had testing early and I was 19… Anything over 6 is PG! When is your next test?

Leah- HI!!!!

Katie- I woke up EVERY morning and tested and then left it for my husband to look. I NEVER got a positive… But I was PG. It will DRIVE YOU crazy! I had a lot of dreams… That everyday I tested and it was a positive. As far as staying off the boards… I honestly found this one of the BEST ways to make it thru my 2WW.
I did go to Wal Mart and buy 5 of the 88 cent tests I am bad. My husband says that this time around no testing… LOL (YEAH RIGHT!)
My doctor told me to stay away from Pineapple but I do read that it is good for implantation. Remember…. NO SEX!

December 20th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Super Mommy
hi girls, I have bad news. my beta went up 2pts. they asked me to stop all meds :'(

im still so thankful I have a wonderful husband.

God bless
December 20th, 2013, 06:20 PM
April- You are right, HUSBANDs help a lot. You will be stronger after this. Please do not lose hope! I could see the pain in my husband's eyes and it really helped me appreciate him much much more. He stayed by my side… And slept in the hospital bed too!
I wish the best for you! Cry when you want to… As long as you want. I felt bad because I used to get jealous when I saw pregnant women!
april18 likes this.

December 20th, 2013, 10:50 PM
Super Mommy
hi Amber, I am so pregnant envious, I can't help it . I was like a waterfall of tears all day, I think I'll be like this until new years. hubby wants a baby so bad. i hope we can join the parents club soon. i think he'll be a cute daddy. thanks for the kind words it really brought me comfort. best of luck on the FET!!! <3
December 22nd, 2013, 12:21 AM
April- I am sure that you will become a parent and get to see your Hubby in Daddy mode soon. Do you know that your next course of action will be? Maybe you should get a journal and try to write in it everyday. Do not hold anything in… And most importantly… Do not blame yourself. Do not question what you could have done better ETC.
april18 likes this.

December 22nd, 2013, 08:41 PM
Christmas is right on our tails ladies! I hope everyone has everything ready! I am still working on it! LOL

I went to the doctor yesterday and got my Meds. They put me on Progyluton. I start with 2x's a day… And progress up to 4x's a day… Seems like I will be on this medicine for a LONG time. My next appointment is the day after Christmas! Geez, It seems like time is dragging now that it is almost that time for me again! A 2ww BEFORE my 2ww! LOL

I hope everyone is doing well.

XOXOX Merry Christmas!
april18 likes this.

December 23rd, 2013, 09:31 AM
Super Mommy
hi Amber! i'm so excited that you're ramping up again. the meds take such a toll don't they? but they are so worth it. I hope your next appt after Christmas goes well!!!

I just got AF this morning . this means my cd3 will be on Christmas. Hubby wants to max out all of the credit cards & go straight into another cycle. I tried calling our clinic this morning, but they said it's going to be so busy they will try to have someone call us. i'm wondering if I don't start the birth control on cd3 if it will still work?

I hope we can swing it & go straight into another cycle. if not I guess we'll try for feb.

Merry Christmas Mommies & Mommies to be! XO
December 23rd, 2013, 11:34 PM
April- I am not sure how long you have to wait for a fresh cycle… But me… They put my on BCP that same day that I lost the pregnancy and then I had another period before starting my meds. (BCP for 22 days)
Yes, It felt weird not taking any shots or medication. I was like… WOW. I am back normal! I think that I am a lil sentimental when on meds I just want to be babied and spoiled!
I really hope that it works and that the babies stick! I want twins too! Two is better then one! LOL. No really but I want to only have to go thru all of this once. I will keep you all updated.

I hope everyone has a great Christmas!

December 26th, 2013, 10:27 AM
I am feeling kinda alone in this group… Must be everyone is with their families.
Anywho- I went to my appt today and everything was fine. I will be going back again on the 31st and also getting my suppositories. It is crazy because it seems like with most FETs that the ET is 2 weeks after AF… That was not the case here. I am scheduled to have the ET around the time that my AF is coming. I have had 2 periods already… It seems like none of my protocols are like anyone else's though…
The NEW YEAR is upon us!!!

December 27th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Good luck Amber!! Sorry you are feeling alone...it's been quiet around here lately!!! my FET was about a month after starting meds...I think you're right on track! GOOD LUCK
amberbanegas likes this.

December 27th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Thanks Leah- You are right… It is quiet! Makes me nervous. In our Oct/Nov group… Something was ALWAYS going on.
I hope you are right about me being on track. It irritates me that the doctors really never have time to answer my questions… I need to write them down and just SHOOT them out… As I forget too!
*Leah* likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search