Dec 2013/jan 2014 ivf/fet

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree181Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2013, 02:56 AM
Veteran
Hi ladies! I figured I would start this group early since it's almost November and people may be starting to plan for December/January procedures. Here we go with a new thread for ladies going through IVF and FET in over Dec and Jan! Hoping my snow babies come out to play and stick around in November, but in case they're not ready, bring on Dec/Jan! Welcome ladies!!!!!!
*Leah* likes this.

October 24th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Thanks for creating this new tread Hoping for baby. I just found out today my 1st IVF failed. I had I feeling it would (i know that sounds negative) since my progesterone was high before our ER, but wanted to transfer anyways. We look at IVF as a game of chances and if we were to freeze them all the five we had not all would survive anyways. I hope it sounds like I'm being more realistic than negative. Anyways, we did a 2 day transfer with 2/2 cell embryos. I give myself one day to cry and then I pick myself up and look forward to the future!

In talking with my dr today, after my cycle starts I will go in for a baseline u/s and if my ovaries look good, we can hopefully do FET early December. Fingers crossed! Baby dust to everyone!!
amberbanegas likes this.
October 24th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Super Mommy
I'm just hanging around praying AF will hurry so that we can get started
amberbanegas likes this.
October 24th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Veteran
AJP - I am so sorry to hear about your first IVF I know exactly what you're feeling... Mine failed too and I felt like everyone but me was having success. We took nearly 2 years off and are going for our FET now! We will be close to each other and starlit I know we are also close!!!! Hoping for good luck for everyone. Where are you both from? I am in PA going through all if this at a clinic in NJ.
amberbanegas likes this.

October 24th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Veteran
Starlit me too! I'm expecting AF any time soon, starting now. She doesn't show when you need/want her to!

October 25th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Im with ya ladies just waiting around to AF to start! Ugh, hate the waiting between cycles.
Hopingforbaby- Im sorry to hear about your first IVF too. Its going to happen for us we just need to be patience and relax. Im in florida, right outside of Orlando. How many eggs do you have frozen? We have 3 at the 2 cell stage. Im hope we can grow them a couple days before the FET.

Glad to have you ladies to go through this with!! I look forward to talking more!!
October 25th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Super Mommy
I can't wait until we have a explosion
Kaitie9399 likes this.
October 25th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Veteran
It's horrible waiting to start! Ahhhhh. Patience is sooooo hard isn't it? We have 8 frozen. 6 frozen immediately on day 1 and 2 frozen at later stages (5 & 6 cells). I am debating what to do. Unsure what they will want me to do anyway with thawing. Will they want me to thaw all 6 that were fertilized and immediately frozen? All 8 ? Just a few? Who knows - so much guessing!

October 28th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Morning ladies!

I got AF on Sunday so I have an appointment tomorrow with the Dr. to see how my ovaries look. Fingers crossed they have gone back down to normal size and no cysts.

Hoping, I frozen my 3 on day two at two cell. So I am wondering too if we will thaw them and grow them out or just do the transfer. Did your dr give you any indication?
October 28th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Veteran
Well, I guess I am joining you ladies here. Just waiting for AF to show. Then I will call the dr to start the process for our first IVF. Still seems so surreal. Our plan is to get all the testing out of the way in November for a IVF cycle in December. Hopefully I will get the best Christmas present ever this year...
*Leah* likes this.

October 28th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Super Mommy
Called the RE today. I start 10 mg of provera in the morning ... *fingers crossed* that we won't miss this cycle
HopingForBaby214 likes this.
October 28th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Veteran
Welcome mama!

AJP- AF came for me on Friday so I started my meds on Sat! I am on day 3 of estrogen. Scheduled transfer date is 11/12/13.
*Leah* and starlitnite611 like this.

October 28th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Veteran
Starlit... Fingers crossed for you!!

October 29th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Hoping- are you taking birth control too?
October 29th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Veteran
Starlit... I'm not familiar with the medication Provera. For my IVF we used follistim and menopur. AJP, nope, no birth control (or lupron). My protocol was AF, day 2 u/s and blood... Day 14 of period follow up u/s and blood then start injectable progesterone then transfer in 3-4 days. I'm doing a frozen embryo cycle. Do you have your protocol?

October 29th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Super Mommy
Never started provera.... AF showed!!! BC to be started on Thursday. I get our protocol on 11/5
October 29th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Hi everyone!! This will be our first time ever with IVF. We will be starting birth control tomorrow which I am so excited for lol and starting all of the procedures in December. We are doing IVF assisted with ICSI. I'm so new to this world but the support you ladies give is beyond amazing. I personally never knew anyone that had to go through this so you ladies are a shoulder to lean and cry on! We are very excited!!

Last edited by McLovin; October 29th, 2013 at 04:01 PM.
October 30th, 2013, 03:36 AM
Veteran
Yay!!!!! McLovin although this is "scary" there is lots to be looking forward to with this process. Welcome!!!

October 30th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Welcome McLovin! We're here for you!

Hoping- Im doing a frozen cycle this time too. My RE has me doing BC pills for one week and then Estrace for 10 days then transfer. I should get my calendar today with exact dates. What is your protocol?
How many embryos are you going to transfer?
October 30th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Veteran
Hi AJP! I'm on the estrace protocol. It's no BCPs and 14 days of estrace (at least) and 4 days of progesterone. We have 8 frozen and will be transferring 2 three-day embryos. How about you?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search