drop in estradiol...has anyone had a BFP with low numbers? what is average or good?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By april18

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Super Mommy
hello Beauties!

im a newbie. I had my transfer 8 days ago 12-6-13. my first blood test my number was 430, I don't know what my progesterone level was, the nurse just said it was "good". the second blood test was yesterday & it dropped to 115 :'(. after I heard this my heart sank. I have been searching online for answers & a lot of people say it depends on your baseline. I don't know what mine was so I asked my nurse. she replied & asked what that was & why do I need it? It made me even more upset.

since my RE's office is not very informative, i'm hoping you girls might be able to shed some light.

can you possibly be pregnant with a low estradiol #?

thank you!!!

I am 33, DH 33 (no mobile sperm)
16 retrieved, 8 fertilized, 3 tested normal, 2 developed after testing, 2 transferred
December 14th, 2013, 10:44 AM
jes81878's Avatar Jennifer
I'm not sure about the estradiol number but wanted to wish you luck. My RE only have out my beta and nothing was ever said about estradiol. Is your beta still rising?
My Son 13
Husband no bio/children (but the best father ever to my two boys)
TTC for 4 years
IVF in June 2013 (BFP)
1st Beta (10dp5dt) #761

Boy/Girl Twins

December 14th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Super Mommy
hi Jennifer! to be honest I don't know my beta #. they've never given it to me. this tww is driving me crazy. I am 8 days past my transfer. I go in for more blood work in 5 days. I don't know if I can wait that long :/

thank you for responding & sticky wishes to you!
December 14th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Super Mommy
Have you taken a hpt?
December 14th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Thanks, I'll be 28 weeks tomorrow with b/g twins. I would suggest testing if you haven't tested yet. It's still early, and I wouldn't count myself out yet...if it came back negative, but we transferred two 5 day embryos, and I got my 1st BFP 5 days after the transfer. Good luck again
My Son 13
TTC for 4 years
IVF in June 2013 (BFP)
1st Beta (10dp5dt) #761

Boy/Girl Twins

December 14th, 2013, 02:48 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Im confused...Ive never has e2 checked after txfer and Ive had 4.... so..I'm not sure what is in the normal range. .Areyou on estradiol? I would test like jennifer said....I've only had betas before....everything crossed for you and thanks for joinin us!!

Are you sure those aren't your beta numbers?
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

December 14th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Super Mommy
hi there! I'm sorry I'm not more informative. this is my 1st go around & the nurse says estradiol & progesterone when she calls with the numbers. we did 2 boy embies on day 5. today is my day 8 after transfer, our nurse asked us not to take a HPT In case of false pos, so I've been scared to do it.

congrats Jennifer on your b/g twins!!!! that's my dream. I was so sad when there were no girl embies but I would still love to have b twinisies!!!

still waiting- I'm taking estrace, I was taking it once a day, but it's now twice a day after my e# dropped

thanks girls for the feedback . I feel encouraged by all of you. sending prayers & sticky vibes out there.
December 15th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Super Mommy
hi there,

I couldn't hold off. I took a HPT today & it was BFN :'(. I'm trying to stay hopeful. I will keep you posted
December 15th, 2013, 05:01 PM
I was checking in on you. It's still early, and your not out yet....I'm keeping you in my prayers. Keep us posted.
My Son 13
TTC for 4 years
IVF in June 2013 (BFP)
1st Beta (10dp5dt) #761

Boy/Girl Twins

December 16th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Super Mommy
thank you for the prayers, I really appreciate it!!! I go in for my beta on Wednesday. I know I should try to remain positive but my low #s combined with my neg HPT has got me feeling down.

thanks again xo
December 16th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Super Mommy
hello!!! I went in today & because of my nervousness they drew my blood work 2 days early. the nurse called & said i'm pregnant!!!! my number is at 25, I don't know if that is good or not. my official test is supposed to be on Wednesday. I am so elated with feelings of overwhelming joy. I can not stop crying. I pray this baby holds tight & sticks! I am hoping that both embies stick but I will be so happy with 1 healthy baby. God is so good!!!
jes81878 likes this.

Tags
bfp , estrogen # , tww

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search