IVF coming closer everyday

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By amberbanegas
  • 1 Post By amberbanegas
  • 2 Post By april18
  • 1 Post By Ari2

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2014, 04:21 AM
Liyana's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi Girls,

I am keeping you updating of my situation..I feel better if I can share all this with you ladies..

I have like 1000 questions in my mind....but of course I am trying to be also positive and calm...

Today I had Ultrasound... and I could read my doctors mind that he expected to see much more eggs in my ovary...than he saw--...he said we will not get more than 10.. eggs...

I don't know even if this is a bad or good number?
Uhh.. He said also that I have on the left side more eggs..
That I feel also....it hurts kinda.. I can feel this side more...

So.. my doctor said that I need to make one more time.. Conal F 3 days... and this time 300mg..per time.. :/ its quite much- I guess.. and beside that I need to make another injection, cant remember right now what was the name of this injection...hmm also 3 days ...
and on Friday 10/01/2014 I will have another ultrasound so he will see what those double amounts of injection has done.
Moreover probably I have egg retrival on Tuesday 14.01.2014 not on Monday... like was planned before..

Uhh...I am pretty scared...but I hope the best from next week ofcourse...

But girls...can you give me any tips to hope for a boy?
I can imagine that its not anymore in my hands , if I have gave the eggs already...

I think that on Monday or Tuesday I will make my decision if we shall transfer 1 or 2...embies...

Its a hard time for sure!!!

I wish baby dust to ALL OFF YOU !!!

TTC since Mai 2012

IVF/ICSI #1
ER: 14.01.14 (retrived 14 eggs, 8 was mature, all 8 fertilized)
ET: 17.01.14 (One, 8 cell perfect embryo transfered, 5 frosties)
BETA: 13dp3dpt, 30.01.2014
BFP on Clearblue digi on 30th January, FMU, before my BETA
1st BETA 49,
2nd BETA 3 Feb. 2014. was 120...
Our IVF failed...AF came 9.02.14

IVF #2
FET was scheduled 4.04.14
5 frosties didn`t survived the night...their`s development stopped..

IVF/ICSI #3
ER: 17.06.14 (retrived 12 eggs, 6 fertilized)
ET: 19.06.14 ( Two, 4-cell embies transfered) BFN!! 3 frosties

BETA: 14dp2dt, 03.07.14 Negative

IVF#4
FET is planned in beginning in September

January 7th, 2014, 10:15 AM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
I do not know any way to make a boy or a girl… As I think that the mans sperm decides that. There is testing, but I think that it is costly.
10 is not a bad number of eggs. You only need one, right? If the quality of embies is not so good, I am sure they will do a 3 day transfer as the likeliness of survival may be better in you opposed to waiting 2 more days in a dish! They only saw 8 the first time I went, then doubled y meds… And I got 27! I wish you a lot of luck! Keep your feet warm!

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com

January 7th, 2014, 12:40 PM
jes81878's Avatar Jennifer
Unless you send the embryos off for testing, I don't think you will have any control over gender. Your doctor will select the best or two best embryos to transfer.
My Son 13
Husband no bio/children (but the best father ever to my two boys)
TTC for 4 years
IVF in June 2013 (BFP)
1st Beta (10dp5dt) #761

Boy/Girl Twins

January 8th, 2014, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbanegas View Post
I do not know any way to make a boy or a girl… As I think that the mans sperm decides that. There is testing, but I think that it is costly.
10 is not a bad number of eggs. You only need one, right? If the quality of embies is not so good, I am sure they will do a 3 day transfer as the likeliness of survival may be better in you opposed to waiting 2 more days in a dish! They only saw 8 the first time I went, then doubled y meds… And I got 27! I wish you a lot of luck! Keep your feet warm!

Thank you very much for your answer.

Yes, your right we need only one good embie!!

As I understood so far then yes my dr. want to do 3 day transfer... although I don't know yet my embies quality--- I have last ultrasound on Friday then I will know little bit more..

Just praying right now that everything will goo smoothly and nicely.

I have been wondering actually that is that so that the med. people in the lab. they actually will feritising Your baby and they also know what kind of chromosomes they are putting together..

I an been researching that they are really doing that in UK and in USA but ofcourse its costs a lot.

Moreover if in your family somebody carries a bad disease they and you want a healthy baby they may also "give a boy or girl " for you to avoid that disease will carry on in your family..

Its was quite interesting for me to know...

Anyway...I cant wait

And thanks for andvise, I will keep my feet in warm!

TTC since Mai 2012

IVF/ICSI #1
1st BETA 49,

IVF #2

IVF/ICSI #3

IVF#4

Last edited by Liyana; January 8th, 2014 at 01:10 AM.
January 8th, 2014, 01:38 AM
Liyana- I do know that they do it… At my clinic it is 850 KD… which is about 3K. (USD) If you are concerned, you should ask your doctor to see. But… There is no telling that your boys will live… or that your girls will. Say you get 4 eggs… 3 are girls and 1 is a boy… By day three you may only have 2 girls left… It is tricky! I started out with 18… Now I have 4 left. (In the freezer) You can always get testing once you are pregnant to ensure that your child does not have a life threatening illness or disability.
Good luck to you and I will be looking forward to hearing from you! I am laying in a hospital bed for 3 days… I will have plenty of time!
april18 likes this.

January 8th, 2014, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbanegas View Post
Liyana- I do know that they do it… At my clinic it is 850 KD… which is about 3K. (USD) If you are concerned, you should ask your doctor to see. But… There is no telling that your boys will live… or that your girls will. Say you get 4 eggs… 3 are girls and 1 is a boy… By day three you may only have 2 girls left… It is tricky! I started out with 18… Now I have 4 left. (In the freezer) You can always get testing once you are pregnant to ensure that your child does not have a life threatening illness or disability.
Good luck to you and I will be looking forward to hearing from you! I am laying in a hospital bed for 3 days… I will have plenty of time!
Thank you for your answer

Yeah...none of us cant predict "who is coming" ...

And secondly...how many embies should transfer...its tricky - yes...

As many girls has wrote here they rather transfer 2 then have BFN... I am also thinking about this!

I will figure it out on Monday or on Tuesday

But what happened with you? You were feeling bad like I read from your posts...but do I have missed something...? I hope everything is going well with you!!!

Baby dust to all of you girls!!!

TTC since Mai 2012

IVF/ICSI #1
1st BETA 49,

IVF #2

IVF/ICSI #3

IVF#4

January 8th, 2014, 06:15 AM
Transfer 2~
I am fine. I had my ET today… I transferred 2 as well. I hope I get chunky twins! LOL Boy or girl… It don't matter. I was reading this blog and she did have a genetic problem and tested her embies… I googled "5dp6dt" It was something like Stork Hunter… Are you concerned???
april18 likes this.

January 8th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Super Mommy
hi Liyana! Amber gives good advice . I started with around 10 during ultra sound, they increased my meds & they retrieved 16, 8 fertilized. by day 3 we did the pgs, only 4 were developing, 1 had down syndrome, 1 was developing slowly, & by day 5 we were left with 2 boy embies. we transferred 2 but was only pregnant for a short time.

if you are concerned about any genetic problems I would suggest the screening. the clinic we went to will screen 8 embies with the package. they will not transfer any embies that are unhealthy. one of the main reasons we originally chose that clinic is because my egg quality was poor & there was a high chance of down syndrome for us.

I hope your retrieval goes very smoothly

sending sticky dust your way!!!

Amber-hey girl!! i'm sending you a prayer!!!
Liyana and amberbanegas like this.
January 8th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Amber! Im in Kuwait as well!! Wow, I cant believe genetic testing is more expensive in Kuwait than it is in the US! I am currently in MA at the moment, and it costs $2,300! I'm actually doing it~ all out of pocket!

I see from your profile you had your transfer!! Fingers crossed for you and everyone else on this site
amberbanegas likes this.
January 8th, 2014, 07:48 PM
Liyana- I am sure that you will make the right choices!
April- Hey Chicky! Thanks for the prayers!
Ari2- WOW! What a small world! Yes, When my husband asked they said 850KD! Maybe it is different other places. We also paid 250KD for assisted hatching (885 USD) and 350KD to freeze! (1,239 USD) I guess it depends on where you go…

January 9th, 2014, 07:07 AM
Wow! Which hospital did you do all this, if you don't mind me asking? I didn't know we had all that in Kuwait!!
January 9th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Ari2- Send me a PM… I will tell you all the secrets there

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search