Feb/March IVFers and FETers

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1188Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2014, 04:09 PM
sure hope I don't get the headaches
February 21st, 2014, 06:14 PM
Regular
Just took my trigger! 9pm so 9am Sunday... yay! Stinging is wearing off... but ow... I think I did a good job with it though. Scared mixing it, but I watched the videos and read the instructions. Not so bad. Sunday cant come soon enough... feels like the days before my wedding, I know it will go by quick on sunday but every minute till then just draaags.
*Leah* and MissB_62 like this.
February 21st, 2014, 06:53 PM
Super Mommy
I refilled my migraine medicines today in preparation for this Lupron. Really hoping I don't need them!!!

Keep us posted jracine!
2004--divorce
2007--remarried, DH has no biological children
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap
2013--diagnosed with too much damage to tubes, totally useless

IVF #2
3/14/14-- ER, 12 eggs retrieved, all 12 fertilized by ICSI
3/19/14-- ET, 2 Beautiful 5 day blasts transferred, 5 frosties!
3/24/14-- Faint BFP w/FMU.
3/31/14-- Beta = 578!! U/S scheduled for 4/14!
4/14/14-- U/S confirms TWINS!! Strong heart beats, perfect shape and perfect size!
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
February 21st, 2014, 08:47 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
good luck on the lupron...It didn't give me headaches....hopefully not for you either!

AFM AF showed....so the show is on the road....I start estrogen Sunday!!!!!!!!
*JenJen*, Katie L, Lucy S. and 5 others like this.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

February 22nd, 2014, 06:27 AM
Stillwaiting-- for how long do you have to take estrogen. I have to take it for 3 weeks, 1 patch each week.

jracine- good luck to you
February 22nd, 2014, 06:28 AM
Baby2014's Avatar Veteran
Hello all,

This is my first IVF. I've had 5 failed IUI and 4 failed Timed cycles with two miscarriages. I'm told that its a 50/50 chance of pregnancy and I fall on the bad side of those odds. We hope IVF will give us our first baby(ies) or at least some answers. I'm on day 8 of stimulation and going for my 2nd U/S this morning. Last one showed 4 follicles on my rt and 6 on my lft. My E2 on day 4 was 253 and reduced the follistem down from 225 to 150. I was told I will likely have some form of overstimulation and to drink lots of water and eat lots of protein. I'm also diabetic and the stim are increasing my sugars. Makes me nervous that I'll have to wait for a transfer. I need to run off to my appt but I just wanted to join the group and say thank you for posting. I feel strength in all your shared experiences and support.
February 22nd, 2014, 03:10 PM
Veteran
Hi baby2014,
I think we are around the same time in our cycle. My ER is likely going to be 5-6 days from now. Is that close to yours? This is my first IVF cycle, I hope it works!!!

Anyone else around this time in their cycle?
February 22nd, 2014, 03:37 PM
jes81878's Avatar Jennifer
Just wanted to say good luck to all of you.
*Leah* and april18 like this.
My Son 13
Husband no bio/children (but the best father ever to my two boys)
TTC for 4 years
IVF in June 2013 (BFP)
1st Beta (10dp5dt) #761

Boy/Girl Twins

February 22nd, 2014, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelkl View Post
Hi baby2014,
I think we are around the same time in our cycle. My ER is likely going to be 5-6 days from now. Is that close to yours? This is my first IVF cycle, I hope it works!!!

Anyone else around this time in their cycle?
I'm tentatively scheduled for 2/27 but after today's U/S I'm thinking it could be moved up.
I have another U/S scheduled tomorrow and Monday for close monitoring. I have over 10 follicles in each ovary ranging 18 to 14. They cut my follistem in half and doubled the Menopur. They said to drink lots of Gatorade or vitamin water and eat lots of protein. I feel bloated and sore already. How do you feel?
april18 likes this.

Last edited by Baby2014; February 22nd, 2014 at 05:20 PM.
February 22nd, 2014, 08:40 PM
Veteran
I feel a little bloated and my breasts are a little sore but overall I feel pretty good! I go in tomorrow for another check so hope all will be well! I have about 10 larger follicles on each ovaries so hopefully there will be enough for the ER!

Everyone please keep us updated on your progress and I'll do the same. I find reading other people's stories make this process bearable!

Thank you for all of the support!
February 23rd, 2014, 04:12 AM
Regular
ER this morning... fingers crossed. I hope I get a couple good ones, But hey.... all I need is one right? My insuramce covers freezing though and I hope I get a couple snow babies... I have had so many side affects from these shots, if we dont get it this time I hope we get at least one frozen so I wont have to do all the meds... when we try again. But its all worth it in the end!!! So nervous... wish me luck!
april18 and amymperkins like this.
February 23rd, 2014, 05:47 AM
Super Mommy
Good luck jracine!
BabyDustme likes this.

February 23rd, 2014, 06:48 AM
Veteran
Jracine, I've got a good feeling for you. Let us know when you know!
February 23rd, 2014, 07:26 AM
Regular
6 eggs, a few they said were underdeveloped, if we go through this again they need to give me a larger dose of the HCG trigger, but they are hopeful!
april18 and amymperkins like this.
February 23rd, 2014, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flhopeful View Post
Good luck jracine!

Good luck jracine!!!

Hi Whitney, are you using crinone? any side effects? I've been using it for 4 weeks or so and now have an irritaion from it.
February 23rd, 2014, 01:39 PM
Super Mommy
I'm on Prometrium and really no side effects. Maybe you should ask about switching?

February 23rd, 2014, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jracine View Post
6 eggs, a few they said were underdeveloped, if we go through this again they need to give me a larger dose of the HCG trigger, but they are hopeful!
Let us know how many got fertilized and their quality... Hoping you don't have to do it again!
February 23rd, 2014, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillwaiting View Post
good luck on the lupron...It didn't give me headaches....hopefully not for you either!

AFM AF showed....so the show is on the road....I start estrogen Sunday!!!!!!!!
I had some pretty bad headaches when I first started but finally got relief from acupuncture between your eyes on your forehead and on each temple... It didn't come back!
February 23rd, 2014, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelkl View Post
I feel a little bloated and my breasts are a little sore but overall I feel pretty good! I go in tomorrow for another check so hope all will be well! I have about 10 larger follicles on each ovaries so hopefully there will be enough for the ER!

Everyone please keep us updated on your progress and I'll do the same. I find reading other people's stories make this process bearable!

Thank you for all of the support!
That's great! Keep them going/growing! Seems like your dr starts slow and works up and mine starts high working down. Your treatment seems to be causing less chance of overstimulation and soreness. Went for my u/s this morning. They definitely said I will have the frozen egg transfer and not a fresh transfer. They said I will undoubtedly have some level of overstimulation and it makes a pregnancy extremely uncomfortable so the fresh will be unlikely. I'm ok with that because the success rates are higher and insurance will cover the freezing as long as there is a medical reason. There will be less pain during the pregnancy. I want there to be no complications or high hopes but bad results. This way there is a higher probability that we will get pregnant.. I've waited several years and one more month is ok. Feeling hopeful, calm and patient! It's going to happen!
april18 likes this.
February 23rd, 2014, 03:39 PM
Super Mommy
Jracine-i hope you're feeling great after the ER, how many are you transferring? sending you positive vibes!

Kelly & Baby2014- i'll be right around you girls , tentative ER 2/27-2/28. i'm sooo excited!

Babydustme-i was on crinone last time, my only side effect (TMI) was watery discharge. they're switching me to the oil shots this time. i'm a lil nervous, but it's so worth it

Amy-I didn't have any headaches from the Lupron, but I did from the gonal f. I hope you don't need your migrane meds.

Leah-i'm excited AF came so you can start!!!

Whitney-sending you hugs!

we did our first intralipid infusion on Friday, it wasn't so bad. US tomorrow!!! I cant wait to see how our follies are doing.

I'm sorry if I left anyone out. i'm sending HUGS to all of you girls XO
flhopeful and amymperkins like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search