Feb/March IVFers and FETers

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1271Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2014, 10:11 PM
Veteran
Kekl, Sorry you had a tough time. Fingers and toes crossed for you!

Baby2014, How many did they see on your first scan before they started the meds? That is amazing!!! I plan to have one or two and donate the remainder of the eggs as well. Hoping for lots of good quality eggs.

April, Good luck dear!

I started AF on Tuesday and go for my ultrasound and bloodwork tomorrow morning. I will get a call with my protocol on Saturday to start Monday. Time is flying by! It feels like just yesterday when I had the phone consult. Crazy!
april18 likes this.
February 27th, 2014, 11:46 PM
Baby2014's Avatar Veteran
Kelkl
Akkk! How frustrating when your expectations don't line up with the results. I'm sorry you feel down and I hate you had a tough ER experience! Did you use ovidrel for your trigger? We share so many similarities, I'd be happy to email my protocol if you'd like. My email is kulerdeb at gmail dot com. Now that's not to say that your eggs aren't going to produce because its about quality over quantity and pcos patients are bad about producing a lot of poor quality eggs. We only need 1 good one and I bet your baby is in this batch!! Lets share again tomorrow - I'll get results tomorrow evening 4 AZ time. We are here for ya! Good or bad!

April - what bad timing! You're poor hubby! I swear you'll both be clinging to each other finding strength you've never known before! Happy triggering dear!

Good luck Neji!!! What a beautiful embryo! So absolutely privileged to see something like that! What a miracle!
april18 likes this.
February 28th, 2014, 12:10 AM
Amber,
My first U/S they were checking for cyst and fibroids and to get a baseline on my lining and size of ovaries. At that time there were no eggs, one cyst that I've had for several years that remains inactive. So I was cleared to start stim the next day. By day 4 I had 5 on each side at 225 follistem and 75 Menopur a day. So they changed it to 75 follistem and 150 Menopur for the next four days and then there were over 10 each side by day 8 of stim. They kept the Menopur at 150 which matures the egg but cut my follistem down to 37.5 because that keeps creating follicles. The entire time of stim they gave me 10 units of lupron. But I'm definitely sore and constipated. Might as well buy colace now! I waited too long and I'm uncomfortable to say the least... She told me to get some a week ago but I didn't listen.
February 28th, 2014, 02:03 AM
Liyana's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby2014 View Post
Jracine & stillwaitung
I was swollen and tender yesterday and this morning. I'm so glad the retrieval was a success at 31 eggs. They tell me I'll never need to do this again and I will have my little basketball team if I want. Lol! We planned to donate leftover embryos because nothing is more beautiful than giving life. Today is the first time I have actually believed that this will work. My doc has so much confidence that it will stick that I'm buying into the koolaid!!! Sticky baby dust to all!!!
hi I keep my fingers crossed for You!!
WOW, you got 31 eggs that soo amazing result..I am speechless...and its sooo nice and sweet of you if You are planning to donate your eggs ( atleast some of them) what a nice gesture.
Uhh I am thinking od you and hope everything goes nicely!!
Keep us posted darling I like to know how you doing!
*Leah* and Baby2014 like this.

IVF/ICSI #3
ER: 17.06.14 (retrived 12 eggs, 6 fertilized)
ET: 19.06.14 ( Two, 4-cell embies transfered) BFN!! 3 frosties
BETA: 14dp2dt, 03.07.14 Negative

IVF#4
FET 17.09.14 (2 beautiful blastocysts transferred). BFP 6dpt.

BETA: 14dpt,1.10.14 2300! Second BETA 21dpt 08.10.14 14610!!!! 1 baby

February 28th, 2014, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelkl View Post
Baby2014 that is fantastic news. 31 eggs, that is SOOOOO awesome. I am so glad everything went well. I have been thinking of you a lot and can't wait to follow your journey.

I didn't want to be a downer so I was going to wait until I knew how many fertilized tomorrow to provide an update, however, since you asked, I'll share!

Today's ER had some complications. They had a hard time getting me under and had to use a lot more anesthesia. Once they got in, they couldn't get the eggs off my wall and did some flushing and scrapping to try and get them out, with little success. The procedure took twice as long as it normally would have; I was out for just under an hour. They were able to get 9. A lot of the follicles didn't have eggs in them (even the larger ones). The doc said we will likely have something to transfer but might not have anything to freeze. However, we paid extra to do multiple IVF cycles for one price so if this first one doesn't take, we have more times to get it right. If we have to do another cycle, they are going change up the protocol. Not sure to what, but that is what they said.

I am keeping positive (after the initial shock of only getting 9 from 27 follicles) and will know more tomorrow and Tuesday. No one said this would be easy, huh?

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Hi Kelkl

Thank you for your post! Don't worry that you got only 9 follicles..You need only one good one
Believe in that it will work! Be vey positive and don't worry too much..
I agree this journey is not easy, honey... (I know that from my first IVF)
I am senfing you tons on babydust very soon you are already in 2ww
Uhh I am jealous I want tooo!!
Take care darling

IVF/ICSI #3

IVF#4

February 28th, 2014, 06:09 AM
Super Mommy
Kelkl - I got 9 too and was disappointed but right now I'm trying to avoid throwing up my breakfast. It's quality, not quantity. Good luck!
February 28th, 2014, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flhopeful View Post
Kelkl - I got 9 too and was disappointed but right now I'm trying to avoid throwing up my breakfast. It's quality, not quantity. Good luck!
Hi flhopeful!

How are you,girl! I haven't heard from you a long time (:
I can imagine that you enjoing your pregnancy So beautiful time, I want too!!!
Yeah, your right quality is important... but its different to women to women...because I transferred the perfect 8 cell embie,, and it didn't work out....

IVF/ICSI #3

IVF#4

February 28th, 2014, 06:40 AM
Super Mommy
I'm good Liyana! Do you have your calendar yet? I'll be stalking you! I'm super hopeful for you during this next round! Are you transferring 2 this time?
February 28th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Super Mommy
Oh my gosh, the support you ladies give is amazing!! I was so upset when I woke up yesterday from the procedure. After reading all of these amazing words of encouragement, I still feel like there is hope. Either for this cycle or another one.

Flhopeful, Liyana, Baby2014, AmberCaramel, April18, jracine, Lisa U and Stillwaiting, thank you for taking the time to post something wonderful for me to read. I love reading all of your stories and they give me the boost I need. I will let everyone know how many fertilized when I hear back in the next three hours.

I am really sore due to the extra 'digging' during my ER but the spotting stopped almost instantly yesterday.

Baby2014, I'll email you soon. Yes, I'd love to hear your protocol so I can ask about it. They had me trigger with Lupron since they THOUGHT I'd have so many eggs, that they wanted to prevent OHSS. Please update us when you hear anything. I am in Oregon so we are even geographically not that far away! I am so glad I met you and we'll def keep in touch regardless of who gets pregnant when!

Talk to you all soon! And again, thank you for the kinds words. My spirit is back up and ready to proceed no matter what direction is in store for me!

Oh, and April, please update us on your husband's accident! Is he doing OK?
*Leah*, april18 and Baby2014 like this.
February 28th, 2014, 10:32 AM
Super Mommy
Not super great news- 9 eggs, 4 mature, 3 fertilized. However, hoping one will keep growing so we can transfer. I'll let everyone know on Tuesday. However, if we have to start this journey over again, we learned something this first go around.
*Leah*, april18 and Baby2014 like this.
February 28th, 2014, 11:08 AM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Kelkl - YOU STAY POSITIVE GIRL!! my first IVF I had 4 eggs, 3 fertilized and do you see my beautiful daughter in my siggy????? ONE is all it takes! My friend had 30 eggs, ONE fertilized and she has a perfect 4yo son!!! You are on your way sweetie. Stay positive and trust in this process...wishing you NOTHING but luck!!!! ((HUGS)) sending prayers for you
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

February 28th, 2014, 11:54 AM
neji's Avatar Veteran
Good luck kelkl! Try to stay positive! I'm sorry your retrieval was so rough. Mine seemed to go ok, but I think they had to dig around a little more than usual because I was also super sore afterwards. I stayed in bed almost a week after because it was just too painful. I probably should have asked for something for the pain.

Baby, I can't imagine 31 eggs! It must feel so nice knowing you will possibly have enough to never have to do ivf again. It's hard.

April, I'm glad that your husband was able to walk away from the accident. That must have been so scary.

Everyone else, thanks so much for the encouragement. I'm hoping this is the cycle for us. I'm testing on Monday which will be day five after transfer. A little early, but that's as long as I can wait!!!
February 28th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Veteran
This is my first IVF procedure. I am waiting for March 24 as that is when the embryo transfer is set for I had 26 eggs retrevied and 7 made it to the 5 day blastocyst stage. This has been one of the longest and hardest things i have ever had to go through. I wish everyone luck out there!!!
February 28th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Veteran
I hadnt heard back about my remaining 2 embies, so I called since they told me I would hear back by today. I was informed that traditionaly they send a letter 1 week later and tell what happened to the remaining embryos. I told her the nurse had said I was going to be told today, and she said she had no access to the information and I would have to wait.... I asked if there were any way I could just know of they developed better and were going to be frozen, but she's not sure and said she may call me later if possible...
TTC #1 through IVF
ER Sunday, Feb 23 - 6eggs retrieved
3 fertilized
ET 1 embryo, grade 9AG on Feb 26
BFP on Mar 7, 8, 9... BETA Confirmed Mar 10th, w/248, second BETA Mar 17th w/2977!

February 28th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Super Mommy
jracine- thanks for the good luck (we're gonna need it )! as for your hubby & mom, it's sooo sweet how much they care for you. you're going to be a pampered princess when you get preggers . i'm glad you got to get outta the house. I think the mini trip is good for your sanity. I think I would be going bananas. sending you hugs!

Amber-I am thrilled your time is flying by so fast! I hope the rest of it passes quickly for you too . I am so impatient, I feel like i'm on snail time over here. good luck with your stims xo

Baby2014-thank you sooo much! I am so upset that the accident happened, but in a way its a good "reset" to remind me how precious life is <3. sending you ((HUGS))

Whitney-it sounds like your morning sickness kicked in . other than the nausea, how are you feeling? XOOXOXO

Kelkl- thank you so much for you kind words. I hope all 3 do wonderful & you will get some frosties too! I can't wait to hear how your embabies progress. sending you lots of love

Neji-a couple more days until HTP, I hope you get a BFP!

Kristi-hello there! 7 embies is great news! this process is so hard, but being on here is so encouraging. I hope you get lots of support from here

hubby is doing well, he was exhausted last night & fell asleep early. it took me 5 min to wake him up for our trigger. I was told to take it in the arm this time, not a fan. i'm just glad that the trigger is over ! ER is tomorrow. I am sooo excited! I hope this is our cycle & we get some frosties too

sending prayers, hugs, positive thoughts & sticky vibes out to all of you lovelies!
amberbanegas and KristiY82 like this.
February 28th, 2014, 07:30 PM
Veteran
Getting sick, probably wont be on tomorrow much, so good luck April!!!
april18 likes this.
TTC #1 through IVF
ER Sunday, Feb 23 - 6eggs retrieved
3 fertilized
ET 1 embryo, grade 9AG on Feb 26
BFP on Mar 7, 8, 9... BETA Confirmed Mar 10th, w/248, second BETA Mar 17th w/2977!

March 1st, 2014, 02:52 AM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
Good luck April!!!
april18 likes this.

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com
March 1st, 2014, 04:47 AM
neji's Avatar Veteran
Good luck April!
april18 likes this.
March 1st, 2014, 06:46 AM
Super Mommy
Good luck April!
april18 likes this.
March 1st, 2014, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiY82 View Post
This is my first IVF procedure. I am waiting for March 24 as that is when the embryo transfer is set for I had 26 eggs retrevied and 7 made it to the 5 day blastocyst stage. This has been one of the longest and hardest things i have ever had to go through. I wish everyone luck out there!!!
I had 21 of my 31 eggs fertilize. I'm still holding my breath because as your quote reflects that there is no guarantee they will get to the 5 day blastocyst stage. I feel grateful for the 21 and continue to pray for the cells to divide properly!
april18 and KristiY82 like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search