Feb/March IVFers and FETers

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1164Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2014, 11:31 AM
Baby2014's Avatar Veteran
Kelkl
I've been really nauseous or I would write more... Ttyl thinking of you!
March 1st, 2014, 01:39 PM
Regular
I found this interesting chart while wandering the interwebs... aka, googling wen I can take hpt...

"This is what happens in a 5dt:

-1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
0dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
1dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
2dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
3dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
4dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
5dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
6dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
7dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
8dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
9dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

this is what happens in a 3dt :

1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
2dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
3dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
4dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
5dpt.. Implantation begins as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
6dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
7dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells &
fetal cells
8dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
9dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
10dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
11dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT"
Liyana and april18 like this.
TTC #1 through IVF
ER Sunday, Feb 23 - 6eggs retrieved
3 fertilized
ET 1 embryo, grade 9AG on Feb 26
BFP on Mar 7, 8, 9... BETA Confirmed Mar 10th, w/248, second BETA Mar 17th w/2977!

March 1st, 2014, 03:09 PM
Veteran
Baby 2014 that is amazing that 21 fertilized. I know tons are going to make it to day 5. I am sorry that you are not feeling well.

Today is the first day my tummy doesn't feel tender. Although, now that means my head is left to stir. Haha. I will be glad to know more around noon on Tuesday. Whatever happens, I am prepared for it. If we have nothing to transfer, I will be excited for them to address the 'empty follicle syndrome' we had during this ER for this next cycle. If we have something to transfer, yay!

Stillwaiting, you are wonderful telling me about your daughter. I think of what you wrote often and it is getting me through Tuesday!

April, good luck! Keep us updated!!!

Kristi, you are almost there! 7 is an amazing number. I am so envious!

Neji, let us know when you can test and what kind of result you see!
March 1st, 2014, 07:50 PM
Super Mommy
jracine-hope you feel better soon & thank you!

Amber-I've been thinking about u, I hope you are doing great! & thank you!

Neji- Thank you!

Whtiney thank you <3 XO! :*

Baby2014-that's amazing news!!! congrats

Kelkl-i hope you get to transfer Lovie! stay positive!!!

the ER was waaayyyy better than last time. I'm a lil uncomfortable, but it's very manageable. less cramping & no allergic reaction to the anesthesia (thank God). hubby gave his sample no moving sperm, 2nd sample no moving sperm. they tried to caffinate his sperm, but it didn't work. the doctor said he needed to speak to us & told us we need to a sperm extraction :/. we were not prepared emotionally or financially for extraction. I was able to be in the room with him & I got a lil dizzy with the needles & the blood. hubby has to keep his feet up & ice on his crotch for the weekend. we got 12 eggs, I pray all of them fertilize!

i'm sending hugs to all of you BEAUTIES!!! <3
March 2nd, 2014, 03:28 AM
Regular
Oh gosh, that sounds aweful! I hope you and him are both ok! Rest up, both of you. Just glad tgey got some to work with right?
april18 likes this.
TTC #1 through IVF
3 fertilized
BFP on Mar 7, 8, 9... BETA Confirmed Mar 10th, w/248, second BETA Mar 17th w/2977!

March 2nd, 2014, 11:31 AM
Veteran
Ugh...I'm really struggling today with the what ifs. I have come to terms with any scenario but waiting to see which one it will be is killer. This is the first time I have been truly down for more than an hour during this whole process. I feel so pathetic feeling this way because I only have 48 more hours to get some answers but that fact isn't helping my mind from racing. They say these progesterone inserts can cause depression/mood swings so maybe that's it? How do you ladies get through the uncertainty? I didn't even feel this way during my 7 TWWs with the IUIs because I knew what the outcomes could be. However having so many outcomes is proving to weigh heavy on my mind...
March 2nd, 2014, 11:49 AM
Regular
Kelkl, I know its rough... and I cant imagine going through as many things as you have, im just starting out... my mom has a friend though that before we started, I got to sit down with. Her insurance made her go through all those things before they would let her try IVF, even with a drs recommendation. She was over 40 by the time the insurance said she could go for IVF finally. She got it first try. After all that waiting for almost 10 years, one try and she could have had her kids years earlier...

I dont know if it will happen like that for you, or any of us. But if we didnt believe in the doctors, and these procedures, and their ability to create our families, then why do them? We do them because its our best chances, and even if it takes 1 or 2 times, years, it will be worth it in the end.

How I get through the uncertainty? My family and those that know... I talk to them. Hug them... Dh is a good hugger... and I think about the end game. The fact that even of its not right away, I've waited this long, whats a little longer!
swtneka and *Leah* like this.
TTC #1 through IVF
3 fertilized

Last edited by jracine; March 2nd, 2014 at 11:52 AM.
March 2nd, 2014, 01:06 PM
neji's Avatar Veteran
Kelkl, 48 hours seems like a long time to wait and be alone with your thoughts! If I had to wait that long, I'd go insane! When we did our fresh cycle, they gave us an update every day. Retrieval day they called and let us know how many eggs they got. The day after retrieval they let us know how many fertilized. Day two, they let us know how many were still growing. Day three they let us know how things were going and that we would be doing a day five transfer. Day four we didn't get a call, but they let us know that they would call only if the embryos took a turn for the worse, and we had to do an emergency transfer on day four. Then day five was the transfer. Any way you could call and tell them how hard the wait is and ask for more regular updates?

April, it sounds like you went through a marathon retrieval day! Glad that it worked out in the end. Hopefully it's smooth sailing from here on out.
March 2nd, 2014, 01:42 PM
Sounds like there are some good things happening. I've been MIA this past week or so but just finished my last day of Stim yesterday. Went an extra day that helped the follicle growth (11) but has increased my progesterone level too fast. Triggered last night Ang going in for ER tomorrow AM. Good Luck to you all. I'll be checking more regularly for y'all's progress!! PS 21 eggs that fertilized Baby2014??? That's amazing! Oh and my friend just delivered her IVF twins this past Friday and both girls are extremely healthy! It's awesome to think that could be us by the end of the year!!!
*Leah* likes this.
March 2nd, 2014, 02:26 PM
April
Omg! Your poor hubby! However, you have now gone through needles poking you twice and I'm feeling bad for your hubby! So is my hubby! It will all be a faded memory once you have your little ones!

Kelkl
You will have your little one! Sit down and close your eyes and imagine holding your baby. Think about her growing up and going through IVF... What would you tell her to help her find her strength? You would explain that because she is making the effort that however long it takes that she will one day hold her baby! Things don't always go the way we plan but you have another chance if this round doesn't work. Hold on to visions of success! You aren't helping yourself by fantasizing on a negative outcome. It's your job to tell yourself to be calm, be hopeful, talk to your future child in your mind. It's true that your body will do what your mind tells it. You will have a transfer soon. Meditate!!! Get acupuncture!!! Feel excitement for your family and your future! We all support you here! Xoxoxo
Lisa_U likes this.
March 2nd, 2014, 02:34 PM
AKR
At the price of being overstimulated!!! Lol I haven't had a good poop in 7 days!!! My ovaries are full of fluid and I threw up just trying to eat a few bites of soup because I'm so backed up!!! Sorry TMI!! But I am looking forward to twins and this will all be worth the discomfort later!!!! I'm already pricing out childcare for twins! Yowsers!!
March 2nd, 2014, 02:41 PM
Super Mommy
Wow! I've missed a lot again!

kelkl--I'm so sorry you had complications with your ER. Don't worry, 9 is still a great number. We had 8 last time, all 8 fertilized but only 2 were worth anything come ET day. We lost the other 6, transferred the 2. And yes, progesterone can have that effect. I was a hot mess while I was on it last time...moody, hot flashes and major depression. My DH walked around on eggshells the whole time!

ambercaramel--You're just about to get started...YAY!!

Whitney--Morning sickness, gotta love it....or at least what it represents! Hope you don't have too hard of a time with it.

stillwaiting--Your daughter is absolutely adorable!!

april18--How's your hubby doing...from both the wreck and the extraction?? I'm glad your ER was at least easier this time. 12 eggs! Yay! Keep us posted on how they do!

baby2014--What an amazing number you had!! I'm so glad to hear you all plan to donate at the end of all of this. That's what our plan is if we ever get to that point and have them to donate.

jracine--I can't believe they want you to wait a week for a letter in the mail on your remaining embies!! Our clinic called us 2 days after our 5dt to let us know that neither of the others made it to freezing stage (they were poor quality so we didn't really expect them to but they did at least call). Hope you're feeling better soon.

neji--I wish time would speed up for you! I already have plans for the weekend between our ER and ET so that maybe that portion of time will speed through. Last time, that five days seemed more like 50. I hated it!!

akr--Good luck tomorrow!! Sending you lots of sticky vibes!! Keep us posted!

AFM--We are on day 3 of the stims. Started the estrogen gel today too. Starting to get a tad crampy, nothing major and not constant, just a twinge here and there. We go back Tuesday to see how we're progressing.

We've had so much going on that I haven't had a chance to get on here the last few days. If I missed anyone, I apologize. Hope everyone is doing well!
*Leah* likes this.
2004--divorce
2007--remarried, DH has no biological children
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap
2013--diagnosed with too much damage to tubes, totally useless

IVF #2
3/14/14-- ER, 12 eggs retrieved, all 12 fertilized by ICSI
3/19/14-- ET, 2 Beautiful 5 day blasts transferred, 5 frosties!
3/24/14-- Faint BFP w/FMU.
3/31/14-- Beta = 578!! U/S scheduled for 4/14!
4/14/14-- U/S confirms TWINS!! Strong heart beats, perfect shape and perfect size!
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
March 2nd, 2014, 03:23 PM
Veteran
You gals rock. I'm taking your advice and feeling much better! So excited for all the ladies that have ER this week. They are going to go great!!!

Neji, I'm going to call tomorrow to see if they can give me an update.
BABY2014, you are right, I have to stay positive and visualize success! Jracine, your tips on how to deal were helpful!
March 2nd, 2014, 03:35 PM
Super Mommy
Jracine- yes we got a few twitching sperm (thank God)!

Kelkl-i'm sorry you're feeling down Love. i'm sending some bigs hugs your way. I think all of the drugs take a toll on the body & mood swings can get the better of us. I think the best thing is to talk about your feelings out loud. it always helps me to talk about my worries & fears with Hubby. I hope you feel better soon Love XO

Thank you Neji <3 I appreciate it!

AKR-good luck on the ER! tell us how many you get

thanks Baby2014! our hubby's should get a medal for this. I know we get the short end of the stick, but they have to put up with a lot too. how is your hubby handling everything? xo

Amy-hubby is doing good from the accident-minus we just found out that the guy who hit him let his insurance lapse. we'll be taking care of his truck ourselves :/. as far as his extractions goes, it keeps leaking blood which has me concerned. we are keeping his feet elevated & ice on his crotch. he has to go to work tomorrow, I hope he's feeling better tonight

so we got the call & 10 of ours fertilized! I was expecting 1/2, that's what we got lat time. I am crying & laughing all at the same time. I think I look pretty crazy right now. we get more updates on tues.

I HEART all of you girls & I hope you are all doing well XOXOXO
March 2nd, 2014, 05:55 PM
Veteran
Baby-Thanks for the advice. I have just pulled out the colace. I'm all ready to go! Congrats on the eggies!!! 21! Wooooow! I'm in AZ also. Enjoying the rain much?

Kel- Positive thoughts! I can't want to see pictures of you holding your baby on a few months time.

April- I'm so sorry your hubby! He took one for the team. So wonderful. I think if it was my husband, we would have been looking at donor sperm!

Thx Amy. I am crazy excited!!!
april18 likes this.

DH: 37 Me: 39
Three daughters (19, 17 & 13) from first marriage
2000--Tubal Ligation
2008--Divorce
2010--Remarried, DH has no biological children
2012--Tubal Reversal
2013--Ectopic Pregnancy (lost right tube)
2013--Left tube closed

IVF #1
3/14/14--ER 14 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized by ICSI
3/19/14--ET Two beautiful 5 day blasts transferred
March 3rd, 2014, 04:07 AM
neji's Avatar Veteran
So, I took a test this morning. I swear I saw a super faint line but it was so faint that I could have imagined it, too. The funny thing is, last night I dreamt that I took a test and they all came up inconclusive!
In any case, I snapped a picture of the tests an hour later, so not within the window and this is how they look.

I guess I'll test again tomorrow morning.
*Leah*, april18 and amymperkins like this.
March 3rd, 2014, 05:58 AM
Looks like a line to me! They are pretty far apart, right?
March 3rd, 2014, 06:48 AM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
NEJI!!!! I TOTALLY see LINES....EEEEK what day is this for you, past retrieval??? EEEk congrats, praying they get darker and darker!
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

March 3rd, 2014, 08:41 AM
neji's Avatar Veteran
I'm so hoping this is it. I kept the tests apart from each other, so they didn't touch. I am 5dp5dt. It was a FET. I think I won't be able to hold out until tomorrow morning and will test again this evening. I have a million internet cheapies and three first response. Other than the tests that were positive from my trigger during my last cycle, this is my first positive in the 6+ years we've been trying!
april18, AKR, Baby2014 and 1 others like this.
March 3rd, 2014, 09:03 AM
Veteran
Yay Neji! I see it too!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search