Feb/March IVFers and FETers

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1271Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2014, 08:29 PM
Super Mommy
congrats Danielle! it's the only time to get excited for cd1 lol.

thanks Leah!!! I was wondering if there were any fertility meditation tapes. those can be soooo relaxing! I know how important sleep is to the body.

thanks again!

xoxo
*Leah* likes this.
January 18th, 2014, 10:46 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
Why hello ladies
I see some familiar faces :wave:

I am Lucy My info is in my siggy! Starting to feel like a pro here *sigh* Not where I thought I would be but onward and upward!
I am transferring two embabies Feb 26th and hope 2014 will be better to me than '12 & '13!

WARM FEET- I have "hotbooties" and they work better at warming my feet when they get cold than just socks! I also bought a heating pad for IVF aches and pains but it works well to warm me pre-transfer

Danielle- I would be taking a bunch of supplements and did when I was prepping! Leah has a great list she is on. I took: ___IVF or bust!___: supplements
I am still on many of them prepping for the FET but less so because I am not building follicles so I am not stressing as much (basically one box is FULL not two now LOL)
Good luck!!!
flhopeful likes this.
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

January 19th, 2014, 01:16 AM
Super Mommy
hi Lucy! welcome welcome!

Leah - I hope you don't mind if I pick your brain. I have a dumb question. after the failed cycle my period was crazy heavy. Ive spotted brown almost everyday since. my last cd1 was 12-23-13. today I spotted bright red around 11pm. would you consider this cd1? (sorry tmi)

sweet dreams baby makers!!!
January 19th, 2014, 01:17 AM
Super Mommy

Leah - I hope you don't mind if I pick your brain. I have a dumb question. after the failed cycle my period was crazy heavy. Ive spotted brown almost everyday since. my last cd1 was 12-23-13. today I spotted bright red around 11pm. would you consider this cd1? (sorry tmi)

*Leah* likes this.
January 21st, 2014, 08:12 AM
Veteran
Hope everyone had a great weekend! Lucy, I see you joined here - I have seen you in the other board I think I was on before ;o)

After 4 days of stimming, Gonal F at 150, I have 17 follies, total, measuring under 10 mm right now. They say things are quiet as they should be for right now. But, they did increase my dose to 225 for the next three injections, which tha tincrease has had me naurseous all morning, to which I actually just had to make an emergency run to the bathroom - YUCK! Hope my body balances out this increase, for feeling like this for the next three days will not be fun....worth it in the end, but not fun all the same, LOL!
*Leah* likes this.
January 21st, 2014, 09:31 AM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Quote:
Originally Posted by april18 View Post

CD 1 starts with a full flow, I wouldn't count spotting as full flow. And if you get full flow after 5pm...ask your clinic. Some will take that as CD1 and some will count the next day as CD1. GOOD LUCK!!

Prendy!! Welcome back and goooood luck! Praying your hormones start treating you nicer in the next couple days! ((HUGS))...WTG with 17 follies!! whoot whoot!
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

January 21st, 2014, 09:41 AM
My Lucy is back!!! YAY!!!! Good luck Lucy! I know 2014 will be OUR year
AFM, getting cramps so AF is looming...no big surprise as we were on a break. I'm not sure when I start bcps or estrogen, they said to call with my Feb cycle, but I might call them this month, to make sure they know it's not going to be till the end of Feb before AF comes.

I talked with a lady that is working with the THRIVE Study. It offers a free IVF cycle and meds to women who qualify. I'm going to go through this cycle and see what happens and if it doesn't work, I'm going to apply for the study (if this cycle doesn't screw me up!) YOu have to have 3 failed IVF's - at least 2 fresh cycles and at least 5 follicles retrieved each time (I had 11 and then 5 the last two fresh) so praying I dont' get a cycle with 4 eggs this time to bump me out of the study! The only thing I'm not sure of Antral follicle count. I have to have at least 10. The other cycles I had 6 and 9. Although the one cycle I got 11 eggs, so I had to have had some more in there than they counted!

They will also do the blood testing for miscarriage panel and blood clotting issues testing all for free.

I guess it's hard to qualify for, but the only thing for me, if the bloodwork comes back okay is my AFC. At least I have a backup...I would have to travel to chicago (6 hours away) for all the treatment...but if it's free, heck!

It's testing out a new shot that helps women implant up to 50% better. I can post more about it later if anyone is interested in reading. OH, and the best is at this clinic, they don't use Bravelle (they prefer Gonal-F), so she sent me 15 vials that they had around the office! I just had to pay for shipping! She also told me about the Compassionate care program to get free meds (she said that I can take the bravelle I have and Gonal F, just alternating days, and with the compassionate care program they offer cetrotide instead of Ganirelix. I guess they are the same drug, but Cetrotide is powder you mix yourself and ganirelix is premixed)...so I'm going to apply for this program for free meds.

I"ll post links later in case anyone is interested.

Link to compassionate care application: https://fertilitylifelines.com/sites...areforms_0.pdf
swtneka likes this.
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?

Last edited by *Leah*; January 21st, 2014 at 10:00 AM.
January 21st, 2014, 06:14 PM
Super Mommy
Leah! thank you, got my period this morning & I never thought I would be so excited for it. so I can be on cd1!!!

that's great news about the program that you're doing. what a huuuugggge blessing!

Predy09- great news on your follies! that's soooo awesome

XOXO
amberbanegas likes this.
January 21st, 2014, 09:03 PM
Well, I'm not on the program yet....I have a last cycle with my shared risk at my current clinic. If that cycle doesn't pan out (praying it does) ....then I will apply and pray I qualify for the study...the gal said that of 2000 patients at the Chicago clinic, only 10 qualified for the study! it's really hard to qualify. It's been open since August and they only have nationwide 70 qualifying applicants and they are taking 150....

Good luck April on your new cycle Sending you tons of sticky IVF embryo vibes

I got the 15 free vials of Bravelle today in the mail via fedex...so that is something
amberbanegas and april18 like this.

January 23rd, 2014, 06:17 AM
Veteran
I had a monitoring appointment this morning and I am kind of discouraged...

After increasing my meds for three days, I only have 3 that are now at the measurable point, with still a lot of smaller ones that can catch up. I know I am responding a lot slower than when I did this 2.5 years ago because by this point, they were decreasing my meds already. I have a feeling when they call today, they will either keep me at 225 or even increase it.

I know the quanity shouldn't matter, because it does only take one, but I know the original number you start off with decreases right away. I just have to starting hoping that first we will have SOMETHING, and that whatever they do get, the quality will be good enough. I am kinda nervous. I mean, I know there are two worse case scenerios that put us right back in a fresh cycle, which is nothing is viable, or we try a fresh but have no frozen but that fresh doesn't work. I am okay with doing another fresh cycle right away, I just hope they can tweak my protocal if I don't have a good response this time.

I know 2.5 years have passed, I am older, a little heavier (last few lbs of baby weight still ;o(, I am always on the go with Olivia - I think I need to adjust and accept that with my lifestyle being different, of course my response would be different. It just seems like such a different response, it kind of kicks ya in the gut!

But, I know have heard of so many wonderful ladies having success with a low amount and I am going to hold on to those and hope that can be me too!

Now, waiting for the nurse to call me back is going to make this for a very long afternoon!
January 23rd, 2014, 11:24 AM
Super Mommy
hey Prendy09- im sorry that you're feeling a little down. this is such a tough experience it's hard not to be discouraged from time to time. just like you said, it only takes 1 ! we are all here cheering you on <3 I hope you get a call from the nurse right away. the waiting game is sooooo stressful.

sending you a long distance hug

Leah-thank you sooo much! I start my BC today, I am so anxious to get this show on the road already . can you tell me more about the implantation injection?

I am hoping that you get PREGGERS with your last shared risk! that will be such a blessing. I don't know if you girls feel like this, but I get so stressed out with each month that passes.

sending you all happy thoughts
amberbanegas likes this.
January 24th, 2014, 01:26 AM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
April- Do not stress Darling! Be positive! I did! And time was flying by! Though it didn't feel like it at the time! No STRESSING!
april18 likes this.

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com
January 24th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Veteran
Ok, so I joined today because I am about to start the first round of hormones and the nerves are getting the better of me. "What if", every day and night.

Background: My husband and I found out in October 2013 he is, basically, infertile. The doctors said we could conceive on our own, its not impossible, but highly miraculously unlikely... I believe he said 1 or 2% chance? Yeah. So onward! Many tests later and here we are.

Once I start my cycle, I start the hormones. BCP first, then Gonal F, and a couple others could be added on top of this. I have never given myself a shot before. I have taken BCP only once for 2 months, because I became such a raging hormonal b*tch on them my parents threatened to kick me out, and I wouldn't have blamed them. And Im basically just scared. I go end of Feb for my first retrieval / implantation. Thankfully my insurance is good and covers this, so its not that bad about cost, but what are the pain levels and what can I expect?
January 24th, 2014, 02:33 PM
Super Mommy
Hi jracine :-)

I just did my first retrieval yesterday. I was on Gonal F, hCG then Cetrotide was added a few days in to prevent ovulation. The shots weren't fun but it really wasn't that bad. The first night was nerve wracking trying to figure it all out and then it got to be routine for the next week. I'd say the discomfort you may feel in your ovaries towards the end is the worst part but still not too bad. The only side effects I felt were being a little weepy some days. I was much "crazier" on ovulation induction meds.

The retrieval was quick and easy. I was a little sore and tired yesterday but nothing Extra-Strength Tylenol couldn't fix. There was light spotting that is pretty much gone already today. I haven't done a transfer yet so can't tell you anything there.

That's wonderful that your insurance covers it - definitely removes some stress from the situation. Good luck to you and take it one day at a time
January 24th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Prendy, HANG IN THERE GIRL!! My follies actually went up or stayed the same from my AFC...but I only usually had 6-9 to begin with .... and even from April to November I went from 11 follies to 5. The Dr. said that even though it says the dosage of the meds is 75, it can be anywhere from 60-90, so maybe you just got a lower dose of meds this time, thus, you need more. I do understand though, I went from 4 vials of bravelle a day (300 to 525!) to 7 vials! - but I still squeaked out great follies, actually it was the first time I got to a d5 transfer and the embryos were perfect. So you just never know!!

I only got 4 the cycle that gave me Mallory....you are still early and so much can change....I had 8 follies at my last u/s and then went on to retrieve 11!!...so much can change and happen....

But, on the other hand, if for some reason this doesn't work out (BUT I BET IT WILL)..... I am all for changing protocol. I'm doing an estrogen priming protocol....it's supposed to reduce the chance of having a front runner follie and make them all grow more at the same speed, as well as be better for poor responders, like me, who have a lower AFC on CD3.

Best of luck to you, I'm pulling for you!

FLHopeful, glad it all went well, everything crossed for you!

WElcome Jracine!! glad you have Ins coverage, you are a minority!! They won't even cover my pregnancy tests!! The shots were pretty easy, to me. I do the progesterone in oil as well....but ask if you have any questions!! We're all here to help. Will you be on lupron? Everyone says that is the worst one of them all re moodiness. I didn't notice too much with the meds. I hope the bcp's don't treat you bad!!!! ((HUGS)) and best of luck to you!

January 24th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Veteran
Thanks for all the welcomes... this is the secomd place I've tried for community advice and the last one I posted at least 10 places and no one ever even replied! Glad to have the support.

I think I'm doing gonal-f, hcg, and they said lupron may be added. Hope not.

Insurance didnt cover all the meds... 570 dollars for all the injections. Small price to pay for having a family.

I hope the injections get easy, right now I camt conceive of how I could ever get used to stabbing myself.... even with a tiny needle. Which do you thinks better, stomach or thigh?
January 24th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Super Mommy
welcome welcome jracine

you are sooo blessed to have such great insurance. I think you got a great price for your meds too

i did al of the shots in the belly. at first it was kind of tough, but you get used to it & then it's not so bad.

Amber-you're the best <3 i just applied for another credit card lol. we decided to do the fsh testing because of our last round of eggs. i wish i could find a money tree . how are you feeling love?
January 25th, 2014, 06:54 PM
JillK's Avatar Veteran
I'm back after a month and a half break. It is kind of nice to see a bunch of familiar people here - although we all hope not to be back. I am doing a cycle that is basically the same as Leah's with estrogen priming this time. I start injections tonight. We have an estimated retrieval around the end of the second week of February. For some reason I am feeling exceptionally emotional about this cycle (that has barely started). Maybe it is the estrogen or perhaps the fact that this is really our last try - really. It is great to have a bunch of understanding people to write these things to. Thank you all.
*Leah* and amberbanegas like this.
TTC #2 since June 2012
3 Miscarriages between December 2012 & May 2013
IVF #1 October 2013 7 follicles, 2 transferred - BFN
IVF #2 November 2013
November Cycle canceled & switched to IUI due to dominant follicle
IUI 11/20/2013 BFN
IVF #3ish Patch protocal that uses estrogen priming
7 follicles with 3 retrieved on 2/9/2014, 2 transfer on 2/12, 2/23 BFN
Gave up IVF but have still been trying naturally......

<<<<<< Siggy Warning Below >>>>>>

Miracle of miracles - We are expecting in Feb of 2015.......if it continues...........
7 week ultrasound shows heart rate at about 140 & size "just a little small"
All testing has been great so far! 19 week ultrasound is normal

TTC #1 for 2 years in 2009-2011 (then Me 34 & Husband 30)
Laporoscopy to remove endometriosis April 2010
Unmedicated IUI May 2010 BFN
Did IVF testing & was about to start Cycle #1 but AF never arrived September 2010
Baby Girl Born 6/19/2011 - Now 3 years old
All Are Welcome
January 25th, 2014, 07:32 PM
JillK's Avatar Veteran
Also, have any of you taken Ganerilex? What should I be looking forward to for the next few days? I take it 3 days in a row and then wait for my period. Today was the first day along with Estrogen patches that started yesterday.
TTC #2 since June 2012
3 Miscarriages between December 2012 & May 2013
IVF #1 October 2013 7 follicles, 2 transferred - BFN
IVF #2 November 2013
November Cycle canceled & switched to IUI due to dominant follicle
IUI 11/20/2013 BFN
IVF #3ish Patch protocal that uses estrogen priming
7 follicles with 3 retrieved on 2/9/2014, 2 transfer on 2/12, 2/23 BFN
Gave up IVF but have still been trying naturally......

<<<<<< Siggy Warning Below >>>>>>

Miracle of miracles - We are expecting in Feb of 2015.......if it continues...........
7 week ultrasound shows heart rate at about 140 & size "just a little small"
All testing has been great so far! 19 week ultrasound is normal

TTC #1 for 2 years in 2009-2011 (then Me 34 & Husband 30)
Laporoscopy to remove endometriosis April 2010
Unmedicated IUI May 2010 BFN
Did IVF testing & was about to start Cycle #1 but AF never arrived September 2010
Baby Girl Born 6/19/2011 - Now 3 years old
All Are Welcome
January 25th, 2014, 10:42 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
Well I have been slacking so i hope I don't miss anyone!

Leah- 15 free vials of Bravelle!? Wow!!! Oh and you won't be needing that trial because this is it darling!!!!!!! We are gettin' knocked up this time!!!

Jill- sorry you are back Trust me I feel for you!! I took Ganerilex but that was right before the ER. I don't remember much about it so it must have been an uneventful injection? How sad that i am now getting confused as to what the hell I have taken...

Prendy- I agree with Leah! So much can change so quickly! Try to relax (easier said than done) and picture those beautiful follies growing!!

jracine - Welcome! I think you skipped the most painful part, the financial pinch! LOL!! All kidding aside the only injection that bothers me is the progesterone in oil. All the others I do myself in the stomach and are easy if you get past the mental part of it. I try and think of my best friend who has had Type 1 diabetes and had to do injections since the age of seven! If he can endure all these years, surely i can endure this!

flhopeful- can;t wait to hear your fertilization report!!!!

AFM- I went in Thurs fir a scan and blood work. Everything looks good to start Lupron tomorrow and transfer will be a month from tomorrow! eeks!!
Stupid me didn't even look at my calendar and had NO IDEA I was starting Lupron this weekend! I even had to ask when i stop BCP which i guess is next week
Thank goodness fertility lifelines are so great We just transferred to them!
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search