Feb/March IVFers and FETers

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1312Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2014, 07:35 AM
Veteran
I know it sounds crazy but I had mine left on my front door step and then just left work early once I saw they had been delivered. Since they come in the cooler I wasn't worried about that. Plus if you are doing UPS you can have a time window set up
March 10th, 2014, 08:33 AM
hello everyone good luck to you all!!!
I am currently on the 2ww from my second IVF the first one failed with no frosties. This time around we transferred three embryos on day three today I am 4dp3dt going crazy here!!!
Follow my blog to keep updated thislifebaby.blogspot.
Liyana likes this.
March 10th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Veteran
Positive Beta, 248!!!! yay! Go back Monday for follow up. Ill have to drink a lot before that one... Took them 4 sticks to get a vein, and after the third they had me chug a huge glass of water.
Liyana, april18, flhopeful and 2 others like this.
TTC #1 through IVF
ER Sunday, Feb 23 - 6eggs retrieved
3 fertilized
ET 1 embryo, grade 9AG on Feb 26
BFP on Mar 7, 8, 9... BETA Confirmed Mar 10th, w/248, second BETA Mar 17th w/2977!

March 10th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Super Mommy
Jracine, Congrats!! She was able to give me some samples to use for today's remaining dosage so I'm good there. Lisa, ours come through FedEx and at Christmas we had issues with them (they left my son's Samsung Galaxy Tablet on the front porch...not on the table on the porch but actually on the porch...with 3 dogs running around and the dogs carried it off) so we make them require a signature for our meds. Kmgurule, welcome! As for me, today was not good news. We have one follicle that is decent size, 2 that are "okish" (that's a quote" and 2 that are mediocre. I have to take the menopur today and tomorrow and go back Wednesday. If there's no improvement, it's canceled and we're completely done. She won't do another cycle because she thinks it's an age thing (I turned 39 in January). So if it comes to that, I think we're going to switch clinics and get a second opinion. Mid-case scenario, we do ER knowing we'll only get 1, maybe 2, eggs. Best case, these stupid follicles decide to start working a little bit better and give us a better chance. So now I'm just spending my time praying that they start doing what they're supposed to do!
2004--divorce
2007--remarried, DH has no biological children
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap
2013--diagnosed with too much damage to tubes, totally useless

IVF #2
3/14/14-- ER, 12 eggs retrieved, all 12 fertilized by ICSI
3/19/14-- ET, 2 Beautiful 5 day blasts transferred, 5 frosties!
3/24/14-- Faint BFP w/FMU.
3/31/14-- Beta = 578!! U/S scheduled for 4/14!
4/14/14-- U/S confirms TWINS!! Strong heart beats, perfect shape and perfect size!
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
11/1/14-- Jacob Roger and Josiah Todd are welcomed to the world!!
March 10th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Super Mommy
Jracine, I'm so happy for you!!! Thank you for letting us know!
March 10th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Veteran
Amy good luck. I really hope this time works out. Id definitely go for a second opinion. My moms friend was in her 40s when she was finally allowed by her insurance to try the IVF procedure and she got it! So don't give up yet. 39 isn't that old!!!
TTC #1 through IVF
3 fertilized
BFP on Mar 7, 8, 9... BETA Confirmed Mar 10th, w/248, second BETA Mar 17th w/2977!

March 10th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Veteran
Jracin, Congrats so so happy for you!!!!!!!
March 10th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Super Mommy
kmgurule-congrats! welcome . have very similar stories. this is our 2nd ivf (1st cycle failed), no frosties each time. we transferred 2 grade 2 embies. I hope they stick for both of us!!!

Jracine! that's a great number love . sorry they had to stick you so many times. i'm sooooo happy for your number, it's really strong!

Amy- I will be saying a prayer for you! please stay hopeful. I hope your follies thrive & that you will still get to do your ER. don't give up hope. there is a woman @ my clininc that got preggers last month. I don't know her full story but she was much much older than you & she got preggers. The Results From The January 13Th Cycle At Sirm-Las Vegas Will Be Reported Here. - SIRM Las Vegas - Infertility & IVF - SIRM - Discussion Board I hope you're feeling ok. sending you hugs!

Liyana-thanks Honey! I can't wait to stalk you when you start your journey.
March 10th, 2014, 07:16 PM
Super Mommy
I started spotting today . please don't be AF! i'm going to say a prayer & keep my feet up
March 10th, 2014, 07:54 PM
Super Mommy
40% of people spot. You are going to be great! I'm pretty sure this wasn't the cycle for me but I'll know for sure on Thursday. This is just the beginning of my journey so it's ok. Hoping sticky thoughts for everyone else!
March 10th, 2014, 11:50 PM
Veteran
Hi ladies! I am praying for all of you!!!

I had a US on Friday and today. I had a larger empty follicle that has turned into a cyst. We have about 20 follies that are 12-15mm and several more that are smaller. I have another US in the morning and they will determine if I trigger Tuesday or Wednesday. My husband gets in tomorrow and we fly out first thing Wednesday morning. My father-in-law got us buddy passes for $300 total/round trip. So much better than the $1200 for each of us buying last minute tickets. The clinic I am doing the monitoring has a dispensary license and can sell me the trigger shot. I have 5 boxes of Bravelle and Menopur left over! Awesomeness!!!! Once we feel the pregnancy is viable I will look into donating what we have. Not sure what the rules and laws are for donating. Now I am just hoping these eggs are nice and strong and of the best quality!
*Leah* likes this.

DH: 37 Me: 39
Three daughters (19, 17 & 13) from first marriage
2000--Tubal Ligation
2008--Divorce
2010--Remarried, DH has no biological children
2012--Tubal Reversal
2013--Ectopic Pregnancy (lost right tube)
2013--Left tube closed

IVF #1
3/14/14--ER 14 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized by ICSI
3/19/14--ET Two beautiful 5 day blasts transferred
March 11th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Super Mommy
Kelkl- I hope this is the cycle for you!!! i'm praying for you. I hope it's GREAT news on Thursday Amber-you are sooo close to your ER! that's great news about your buddy pass. anywhere you can save money in this process is such a huge blessing! 20+ follies is amazing. can't wait to hear the results after the ER. travel safe!!!
March 11th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Super Mommy
April, I don't think this is my cycle but I'm ok. I have lots more attempts due to the package deal we signed up for so I'm focusing on the positive. but April this is YOUR cycle, I know it!
april18 likes this.
March 11th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Super Mommy
When are you planning on testing, April? Just want to mark my calendar for stalking
amberbanegas and april18 like this.
March 11th, 2014, 11:59 AM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Quote:
Originally Posted by amymperkins View Post
Jracine, Congrats!! She was able to give me some samples to use for today's remaining dosage so I'm good there. Lisa, ours come through FedEx and at Christmas we had issues with them (they left my son's Samsung Galaxy Tablet on the front porch...not on the table on the porch but actually on the porch...with 3 dogs running around and the dogs carried it off) so we make them require a signature for our meds. Kmgurule, welcome! As for me, today was not good news. We have one follicle that is decent size, 2 that are "okish" (that's a quote" and 2 that are mediocre. I have to take the menopur today and tomorrow and go back Wednesday. If there's no improvement, it's canceled and we're completely done. She won't do another cycle because she thinks it's an age thing (I turned 39 in January). So if it comes to that, I think we're going to switch clinics and get a second opinion. Mid-case scenario, we do ER knowing we'll only get 1, maybe 2, eggs. Best case, these stupid follicles decide to start working a little bit better and give us a better chance. So now I'm just spending my time praying that they start doing what they're supposed to do!
Amy - you are not OUT! Will they convert to an IUI if you dont' have 4 follies? Also, I'm doing an estrogen priming protocol (EPP) - you may want to look into it. For women that dont' produce many follies, it's supposed to help recruit more as well as prevent an initial lead follicle. GOOD LUCK!!
april18 likes this.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

March 11th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Super Mommy
Kelkl- I hope this is a cycle for both of us. i'm still hopeful for good news for you on thurs! I think those multiple packages are genius! i'm glad you're still staying positive!!! sending you a prayer & a HUG!!!

Whitney- sooo happy to see you here . I want to try to hold out on HPT until sat. i'm going to try my best . 1st beta 3/17, 2nd beta 3/19. our new clinic doesn't talk to you until your 2nd beta. this 2ww has got me so antsy. I hope you're feeling well. any updates? heartbeat, gender, due date? XO
amberbanegas likes this.

Last edited by april18; March 11th, 2014 at 01:28 PM.
March 11th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Super Mommy
Hey ladies! How is everyone? I've been staying incredibly busy today. It was 75 degrees and sunny and I spent the day outside working on the yard and other various outdoor projects. Anything to be enjoying the warmth and sunshine! Literally a week ago, I was outside sledding! What a change in the weather! And it sure did help with my mood. I'm feeling WAY better and not so depressed or upset as I was yesterday. A little more optimistic. I saw the first tulip of the year blooming today and watched two of our cows have their calves. New life. I'm going to try to take that as a sign.....at least until tomorrow when I go for the ultrasound, lol. But I'm "daring" her to say anything that's not positive! Jracine, thanks! I appreciate the words on encouragement! Today, 39 doesn't feel so old...but most days it does. Of course, in all fairness, I had a bad wreck in 2007 and have had 2 hip surgeries (replacements) since then as well as screws holding my ankle together and back issues. That could be why I feel so old all the time. Stupid arthritis! April18, thank you for the prayers!! I'm not giving up. I am, however, looking at things realistically. And reality is that we DO have a chance...all the way up until we're told differently! You're far more patient than I am if you have held out this long on not taking an HPT! Wow! I get the urge to POAS almost immediately! Maybe the spotting was just implantation spotting. Just tell AF that none of us are allowing her to visit you! AmberCaramel, wow! That's great on the buddy passes and on having leftover meds! We use 12 boxes of menopur each time. I wouldn't know what to do with leftovers, lol. Stillwaiting, nope, no IUI for us. My tubes are completely useless to us. There's no chance of those suckers working. Kelkl, they all keep telling me to stay positive so you have to as well! This could be your cycle!!
april18 likes this.
2004--divorce
2007--remarried, DH has no biological children
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap
2013--diagnosed with too much damage to tubes, totally useless

IVF #2
3/14/14-- ER, 12 eggs retrieved, all 12 fertilized by ICSI
3/19/14-- ET, 2 Beautiful 5 day blasts transferred, 5 frosties!
3/24/14-- Faint BFP w/FMU.
3/31/14-- Beta = 578!! U/S scheduled for 4/14!
4/14/14-- U/S confirms TWINS!! Strong heart beats, perfect shape and perfect size!
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
11/1/14-- Jacob Roger and Josiah Todd are welcomed to the world!!
March 11th, 2014, 04:45 PM
So my doctor called with some not so good news. After 4 days of the meds my estrogen is only 23 and my lh which should be low is at 6.8....we are staying the course but worried it isn't going to work this time and I will have to start over again next month...I am disappointed but hoping for the best. I only need 2 eggs....so I am praying at my US that there is 2 eggs and my LH hasn't risen.
March 11th, 2014, 04:47 PM
dlammers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had my baseline ultrasound today. Then I went and got my meds...here they are! I am getting excited!!!
april18 likes this.

March 11th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Veteran
Cj, hope all goes well... sorry your numbers are off...

Dlammers, I did the pregnyl, Ganirelix, and still on the crinone. I was just as excited about getting mine too, took pictures and everything.

Good luck all
TTC #1 through IVF
3 fertilized

Last edited by jracine; March 11th, 2014 at 05:13 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search