Feb/March IVFers and FETers

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1144Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2014, 06:01 PM
Veteran
Hi ladies! So many times during IVF I would day dream about telling my mom the news and surprising her. I feel giving her a grandchild (first one) is the best present ever. I am framing a picture from the ultra sound and it says I love Nana at the bottom. We are so close to making this daydream a reality that I am scared something is going to happen. Why do we stress ourselves out like that?? lol Baby, I planned on taping it! Now it seems to be the trend but I planned on taping it before it was a trend!

April, hugs to you sweetie! I know this is a tough decision. Just remember your child will develop so many of yours and DH's personality traits. He/she will feel and look a lot like you both even with a donor sperm. Good luck and please keep us posted!

Kelkl how are you feeling?
May 21st, 2014, 06:28 PM
Super Mommy
Kelkl, let me tell you, unless I have to get dressed, I'm in my rattiest most comfortable clothes!! Congrats on all the weight loss! It's a major inspiration!!

MissB, I loooove the idea of the framed picture!! Incredibly sweet!!
2004--divorce
2007--remarried, DH has no biological children
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap
2013--diagnosed with too much damage to tubes, totally useless

IVF #2
3/14/14-- ER, 12 eggs retrieved, all 12 fertilized by ICSI
3/19/14-- ET, 2 Beautiful 5 day blasts transferred, 5 frosties!
3/24/14-- Faint BFP w/FMU.
3/31/14-- Beta = 578!! U/S scheduled for 4/14!
4/14/14-- U/S confirms TWINS!! Strong heart beats, perfect shape and perfect size!
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
May 21st, 2014, 06:35 PM
Super Mommy
Here's today's belly pic.

Here are the fur babies (well some of them).
Liyana and april18 like this.
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
4/14/14-- U/S confirms TWINS!! Strong heart beats, perfect shape and perfect size!
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
May 21st, 2014, 07:11 PM
Veteran
I love both pictures Amy, thank you for posting!!!!
amymperkins likes this.
IVF #1: 3/4/2014
Not successful. Refuse to dwell on the specifics.

FET 7/11/2014
Transferred 1 six day 5BB blast embryo
1st beta on 7/21/14 114.7
2nd beta on 7/23/14 233
3rd beta on 7/25/14 474

First U/S 8/7
Measured perfectly, looked perfect and HB was 121 (I may be bias on the perfect part.)
May 21st, 2014, 09:13 PM
Super Mommy
Amy- first I have to say I LOVE the pics . they totally made my day! 1 day closer to the US . thank you for the prayers!

Kelkl-thanks for the reassurance. it's a crazy process. I feel like i'm losing sleep & hair over it lol. next week i'll look 10 yrs older, jk knock on wood!

MissB- I love the framed US pic idea. everything is going to be fine! I have faith you will have a beautiful family!!! & thank you for the good luck!

sending hugs to Baby!

ok, so DH was having a hard time with all of the donors. we decided to ask a friend of a friend. DH is most comfortable with this idea because he can see the guy, but we're not close to him so it doesn't make it awkward for DH. so the next step is to do a SA, if it's good then we move onto the FDA blood work. all of this will cost 940.00, plus DS guy hasn't decided his compensation yet. I hope its nothing outrageous.

I appreciate all of you incredible women!!!

Medicated cycle Sept 2013 Failed Cycle

1st Nov 2013, IVF 16 eggs, 8 fertilized, 2 survived to day 5 - CGH screening
transferred 2 5d embies (2 boys) 12/5/13
no frosties
chemical pregnancy (beta1 25, beta2 39, beta3 41)
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

2nd IVF Feb 2014, 12 eggs, 10 fertilized, 2 survived to day 6 - PGD screening
transferred 2 6d embies (2 boys) 1/7/14
no frosties
beta1 3/17/14 .07 beta2 3/20/14 Failed Cycle

3rd IVF May 2014 ,12 eggs, day 2- 8 fertilized, day 3- 9 fertilized,
day 7 - 0 blasts Failed Cycle

4th IVF in September 2014
May 22nd, 2014, 08:58 AM
Super Mommy
Kelkl, I'm already attached to those puppies. Last time she had a litter, there was a black one she tried to kill for some reason. We had to bring her in and she became a bottle baby. Couldn't sell her! She was my baby! When she was 3 months old, she ran under my SIL's Explorer and was run over and it killed her. This time around she has a black one that she keeps taking out of the dog house and putting across the pen. I'm ready to choke that dog!! I do NOT want another bottle baby puppy. I get WAY too attached and I do NOT need another critter. We have 4 dogs and 4 cats already...plus 3 kids and 2 on the way. Seriously, the food bill here is astronomical already! Every time I go out there though, I'm afraid I'm going to find that one puppy dead. I can't deal with that either.

April, DH wants to wait until June 17th to go for the ultrasound because we'll already be in Bowling Green for a prenatal appointment. I want to go June 10th because that's the earliest they can tell at Precious Views. How did it become that he wants to wait and I want to hurry up and go when he's the one who actually wants to know the gender??? Men!!! I'm still praying that somehow they'll be able to use your DH's sperm but even if they can't, just remember, when the baby arrives, you won't care in the least about how it looks or who it looks like, only that it's healthy. Over the years, they'll become like the both of you personality wise because that's all they'll be exposed to. And I give that opinion because all 3 of my boys belong (biologically) to my ex-husband and 2 of the 3 had completely different personalities while I was married to him. He had no sense of humor and was serious all the time. They acted just like him. When I married DH, I started noticing after about 6 months that they acted more laid back and started developing a sense of humor. Maybe it was there always and just wasn't brought out. I don't know. But my youngest, he's more like DH than he is like his biological father. So you and your DH will have a lot to do with how they are in that aspect.
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
May 22nd, 2014, 04:36 PM
Veteran
Hi Ladies-

I had my ultrasound today and saw my little blueberry! Also got to hear the heartbeat, 145. Everything is going great and I was released to my OB. Need to decided if I'm just going to use the maternal/fetal specialiast as my OB or someone else. How did you ladies decide?

April, I was going to suggest a friend. Glad the friend of the friend is an option. Hopefully he will just be understanding and not charge you anything. I'm also hoping somehow you can use your DH's sperm. Whats on tap for everyone for the holiday weekend? Lisa how are you doing??

Amy love the picture! Can wait till I have a bump and no bloat.
May 22nd, 2014, 06:37 PM
Super Mommy
Amy- lol it's cute/funny that that he wants to find out, but now you have to wait on when he wants to do it. that's men for you.
your story about the lab that got run over made me so sad. my heart goes out to you!! I hope it doesn't happen again, hopefully your doggy will come along & stop putting the new black puppy out. I know you don't need anymore on your plate than you already have.

MissB-OMG! congrats on hearing the heartbeat. that's amazing!!! did you burst into tears? I don't like to be vulnerable in front of strangers, but if i'm blessed enough to get preggers, i'll probably ball my eyes out when I hear the heartbeat.
thank you for being so thoughtful & for thinking of a donor for us! I wish I could hug you in person , i'm sending you a long distance hug instead. that's too sweet!!!

afm- I started cramping so bad & then a gush of blood . I emailed my coordinator, but she said she's not concerned. so try not to worry.
as for our donor, last night he said he would call my clinic first thing in the morning. my coordinator called me @ noon, then @ 3 to ask when the donor was going to call. DH was calling to get status all day. DH & I were wondering if he had a change of heart. he called at 4pm thank goodness! he has an appt on tuesday for a semen analysis, then he has to wait for an hour to get his FDA blood tests done. i'm hoping he follows through with it.

sending hugs to all of you Beautiful girls!!!

no frosties
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

no frosties

May 22nd, 2014, 08:10 PM
Baby2014's Avatar Veteran
April! That's so great you found someone you are comfortable using!!! I don't think I could have used your 3 donors either! I'm sure your genes would have come through and your child will pick up your mannerism in the first 6 months making your husband have that personal connection... Kelkl hit the nail on the head. But I'd pay a grand to know the person a little better and approve of his gene pool!!! It's great that it worked out like that!
IVF#1 17 snow babies OHSS
4/18/2014 FET (2 Good Embryos) assisted hatching
4/29/2014 First Beta 262.2 finally!!!5/1/2014 2nd beta 698.6 7/1 beta 5915.75/16 1st U/S Twins 119 & 113 heart rates 😱😍
May 22nd, 2014, 10:26 PM
Miss B, your babe is healthy and thriving!!! I don't think any amount of strangers would deter my tears of joy, you? I also had my ultrasound today. 7 weeks 2 days Baby A is 12.48cm 153 hr & Baby B 9.74cm 144 hr.

Amy, love the belly pics! I can't even think about a doggy tragedy! How is your husbands job?

Kelkl - when do you get your meds?
4/29/2014 First Beta 262.2 finally!!!5/1/2014 2nd beta 698.6 7/1 beta 5915.75/16 1st U/S Twins 119 & 113 heart rates 😱😍
May 23rd, 2014, 09:40 AM
Super Mommy
MissB, congrats on the ultrasound and hearing that heart beat! Isn't it the greatest thing ever?? As for OB, I'm just seeing my normal ob/gyn, the one I've always gone to for yearly check ups. I picked him based on the hospital he's connected to and my comfort level with him. He's awesome!

April, yeah, men! Ugh! I'm ready to throttle him. He's pushed and pushed and pushed about finding out gender. I say ok, let's do it as early as we can. And now he's all let's wait another week. Really? I'm glad the friend finally got the call in and will get everything rolling!! Praying all goes well and smoothly for the remainder of it!

Baby, as of right now, his job is ok. I think they're too short handed to do much. They switched him shifts that day to the later shift. He was suppose to go in at 10:00. My appointment was at 8:40 in Bowling Green (40 minutes from here). Needless to say, he was late. We had my doctor give him a note and next time he goes to the main office he will drop it off. Hopefully that will cover his butt some. We shall see. Excellent size and heart beats on your little ones!! Growing like weeds. Trust me, your belly will be too!! Twins tend to shove it out there a little more quickly!

AFM, I'm trying to take it easy. Been having some sharp pains, low and to the right. I'm pretty sure they're round ligament pains because my belly has really popped in the last 72 hours and they usually happen when I turn or get up quickly. My sister in law gave me 12 of the seedless personal size watermelons. Needless to say, I'm eating a whole one a day. Makes me feel like a pig but then I remember they're literally just a personal size watermelon so it's ok to eat a whole one by myself, right? The puppies are doing well. My other sister in law (that lives next door) thinks that she's moving some of them out of the dog house because they're hot. She's started moving more than just the one. Could be. It has been around 90 a lot here lately. Speaking of hot though...guess whose air conditioner went out!! Luckily, my best friend's husband is an HVAC and he's coming up tomorrow to look at it. Won't cost us anything but parts. He won't charge us labor. But in the meantime, I'm sweating like crazy and I hate that. Plus heat is one of my migraine triggers so I'm having to watch that.
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!

Last edited by amymperkins; May 23rd, 2014 at 10:14 AM.
May 23rd, 2014, 12:50 PM
Veteran
Hi Girlies!

So crazy hearing the heartbeat. I did not cry (i cried the first surprise u/s) just smiled ear to ear. Baby, I'm sure we have the same due date. Which is crazy but I'm sure your twinies will come early!

April so much stress! I hope it all works out.

PS I bought watermelon this week

You ladies inspired me
amymperkins likes this.
May 24th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Super Mommy
BABY! i'm so glad you checked it i'm happy to hear your babies are doing great! that's so exciting <3. we don't really "know" the donor. he's a friend of a friend. there are so many questions I want to ask him, but i'm scared I might scare him off. I pray God brought him to us & that he was an answer to our prayers .

Amy- no AC? ugghhh, i'm sorry to hear that love, but it's awesome your bf's dh is helping you out! God is so good. you SIL was so nice to bring you mini watermelons! I wouldn't feel like a pig even if I ate 3 a day. those things are pretty small. we got some watermelon too, but half of it was mushy. I wish I knew how to pick out the crunchy ones . did DH find out if the dr's note worked? I hope it works!!!

MissB- did you record the heartbeat? that must have been heart melter. i'm praying I will get to experience all of these wonderful things you girls are doing!!! EEK im loving all of the updates. it gives me so much hope!

AFM-we find out on tues if the donor has viable sperm or not. i'm concerned because the testing (SA, physical & FDA blood work) is so expensive (940.00)
. I would be so upset if we did all of that & it was all for not. I have a question for you girls. compensation, what if his sperm is not good? how much should we give the donor for doing the tests? if it's good, how much should we give the donor? we asked him how much he wants, but he said he's not sure. I sent him 3 links to sperm banks. DH said they pay the donors 35-55 for each sample, but they give 4 x a week for 6 mo. any suggestions?

XOXOXO
amymperkins likes this.

no frosties
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

no frosties

May 24th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Super Mommy
Totally off topic, but I have your entertainment for the day!! Last night, DH and I were sitting in the living room, watching tv and just relaxing. I heard the dryer go off and started to get up to go fold clothes. My youngest son (he'll be 14 next month) got up from the computer and said he'd get them. Hey, great! I sat back down, got comfy. A few minutes later he comes to me, holding one of my bras, and says "How do you fold one of these?" I told him to just throw it on my pile and not worry about it. Back to the utility room he goes. He returns again, holding the same bra. He is staring at it like he's looking at Greek scrolls and can't make out what they say and asks "How the heck do you even put one of these on??" He's dead up seriously confused as to how it works. (Yay! That means he hasn't been trying to take them off any girls!) Now, I've always been very open and honest with all the kids regarding the birds and the bees. They'll come to me with any questions...and have...and boy do I hate answering those questions sometimes! Ugh! Anyway, I told him to stand in front of me and I basically talked him through it and then told him that this was the point where you'd kind of adjust the girls in there and go on about your day. He told me no wonder I was always happy when I could take that stupid thing off at the end of the day. My kids know me pretty well! So I go back to watching tv and he goes back to the utility room. A couple minutes later, he comes back in and goes back to the computer. I think nothing of it. Next thing I know, he's blaring that song about "my milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard" and gets up. He's still wearing my bra and has stuffed the cups and proceeds to dance around my living room to this song acting like a female dancer basically. I couldn't do anything but laugh. I was crying from laughing so hard by the time he got done. I wish you could have seen the moves that kid has...which also makes me wonder where he learned them!! He's dying laughing doing it and just really got into it. I was laughing hard enough that one of his brothers came upstairs to see what was going on. He laughed his butt off too. I have a video of it but I don't know how to get it on here or I'd show you all. It was seriously hilarious! He's my little comedian. We never know what he'll say or do next. If you're familiar with the comedian Gabriel Iglesias and the voices he does, my son can do them perfectly. Usually when I'm fussing at him for something, he replies in one of those voices so it cracks the mood. There's never a dull moment with him around!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissB_62 View Post
Hi Girlies!

So crazy hearing the heartbeat. I did not cry (i cried the first surprise u/s) just smiled ear to ear. Baby, I'm sure we have the same due date. Which is crazy but I'm sure your twinies will come early!

April so much stress! I hope it all works out.

PS I bought watermelon this week

You ladies inspired me
At least I was inspiring someone towards something nutritious! I didn't cry either hearing the heart beat but I did the first time I saw it. That was such a relief!!!
april18 likes this.
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
May 24th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by april18 View Post
BABY! i'm so glad you checked it i'm happy to hear your babies are doing great! that's so exciting <3. we don't really "know" the donor. he's a friend of a friend. there are so many questions I want to ask him, but i'm scared I might scare him off. I pray God brought him to us & that he was an answer to our prayers .

Amy- no AC? ugghhh, i'm sorry to hear that love, but it's awesome your bf's dh is helping you out! God is so good. you SIL was so nice to bring you mini watermelons! I wouldn't feel like a pig even if I ate 3 a day. those things are pretty small. we got some watermelon too, but half of it was mushy. I wish I knew how to pick out the crunchy ones . did DH find out if the dr's note worked? I hope it works!!!

MissB- did you record the heartbeat? that must have been heart melter. i'm praying I will get to experience all of these wonderful things you girls are doing!!! EEK im loving all of the updates. it gives me so much hope!

AFM-we find out on tues if the donor has viable sperm or not. i'm concerned because the testing (SA, physical & FDA blood work) is so expensive (940.00)
. I would be so upset if we did all of that & it was all for not. I have a question for you girls. compensation, what if his sperm is not good? how much should we give the donor for doing the tests? if it's good, how much should we give the donor? we asked him how much he wants, but he said he's not sure. I sent him 3 links to sperm banks. DH said they pay the donors 35-55 for each sample, but they give 4 x a week for 6 mo. any suggestions?

XOXOXO
Haven't found out if the note will work yet or not but I'm hoping so. But as he said, worst case, they fire him and he spends his summer home with us, enjoying the pregnancy, going camping or whatever he wants while he draws unemployment from them. I'm trying not to stress over it. What will be, will be! As for the donor, I'd go with what's average for sperm banks, regardless of quality. Until the testing he doesn't have a way to know if they're good or bad quality. But I'd sure hate to be out the money for the testing if it were bad quality. Praying all works out well. I'm ready for you to join us in the prego club!!
april18 likes this.
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
May 26th, 2014, 04:31 AM
Veteran
April- I know i probably sound crazy but I don't think you owe him a compensation. Obviously payment for the tests. If you really feel the need then maybe $50-$100. I would send him a really nice hand written thank you note and then an amex gift card for 50-100. but def nothing more. It's not taking a ton of time and all he is doing is "dropping off" his DNA. Just my two cents.

So had an amazing weekend telling my parents the news. If I can figure out how to post video I will. It may have to go up on Youtube. Her reaction was priceless! A lot of screaming and ton of crying. I think my mom was still crying hours later. And once she heard we went through IVF more crying before she felt so bad that we went through that (thats why I didnt tell her originally). The whole weekend everything was about the baby. She even bought baby clothes already. It was so sweet to see her so happy. I'm still feeling great, no morning sickness and no exhaustion. Just trouble sleeping through the night. I wake up to pee and then can't always fall back to sleep. may look into buying one of those body pillows. Any thoughts on those?
april18, amymperkins and KristiY82 like this.
May 26th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Amy, your son sounds like a hoot to live with! Both you and Miss B can share videos using YouTube. There's a privacy setting so only whomever gets the link can view it. I tested it out to be sure. I have an iPhone and could only send my video of the ultrasound to other iPhone users. YouTube has helped me share my experience with my mom and sisters! This is what the link will look like:

Check out this video on YouTube:

2nd Ultrasound 5/23/2014 - YouTube

Some might think its spam so you need to tell them you are sending a video first.
april18 and amymperkins like this.
May 26th, 2014, 09:43 AM
April, if you can afford it I would give him $200. He went to the dr office twice. $100 per office visit. He could've said free instead of I don't know but he didn't. And having this as backup is priceless!
april18 likes this.
May 26th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks! I'm attempting to get the video uploaded to youtube from my phone. After it is, I'll have to link to it so you all can see what a nut I live with!!

Ok, attempting this. Hopefully it'll work!

Caleb and his milkshakes - YouTube
april18 likes this.
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
May 26th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Veteran
Amy, that video is funny. what a lil ham you have.I sent you a FB friend request a few days ago...not sure if you saw it or not.
IVF #1: 3/4/2014
Not successful. Refuse to dwell on the specifics.

FET 7/11/2014
Transferred 1 six day 5BB blast embryo
1st beta on 7/21/14 114.7
2nd beta on 7/23/14 233
3rd beta on 7/25/14 474

First U/S 8/7
Measured perfectly, looked perfect and HB was 121 (I may be bias on the perfect part.)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search