Feb/March IVFers and FETers

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1162Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2014, 04:23 PM
Veteran
April so happy to hear they were able to salvage some of DH's sperm. Sorry though that you are so swollen. Hope you are feeling better. Any update on embroys? Will you still transfer right away or wait. My mom didn't know I was going through IVF either and when I told her (the same time she found out I was prego) I think she was a little hurt that she didn't know. Only because she felt so bad we were going through it. Maybe a little MOM tlc is what you need this weekend.

Baby, we have the same due date. Too funny! Hoping though I don't go 2 weeks early

I went to bed last night at 8:30 and such crazy dreams allllll night. Feeling better today a few cramps here and there but nothing crazy.
amymperkins and Baby2014 like this.
June 4th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Super Mommy
hey MissB!

we got 8 that fertilized , i'm praying we have a lot (all 8)that make it to day 7. on day 7 they'll biopsy & freeze them. here's the dilemma. if we only get 2 embryos like cycle 1 & 2 do we send them for testing? it's so expensive! or do we freeze those try to save more $ for 1 more cycle, then try to send those embryos with the ones from this cycle?

sorry you had such crazy dreams. they can be so stressful & realistic! I hope you get better rest tonight!

sending hugs your way

XO to all of you girls! <3
Liyana and amymperkins like this.

Medicated cycle Sept 2013 Failed Cycle

1st Nov 2013, IVF 16 eggs, 8 fertilized, 2 survived to day 5 - CGH screening
transferred 2 5d embies (2 boys) 12/5/13
no frosties
chemical pregnancy (beta1 25, beta2 39, beta3 41)
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

2nd IVF Feb 2014, 12 eggs, 10 fertilized, 2 survived to day 6 - PGD screening
transferred 2 6d embies (2 boys) 1/7/14
no frosties
beta1 3/17/14 .07 beta2 3/20/14 Failed Cycle

3rd IVF May 2014 ,12 eggs, day 2- 8 fertilized, day 3- 9 fertilized,
day 7 - 0 blasts Failed Cycle

4th IVF in Nov 2014
June 4th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Baby2014's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by april18 View Post
hi My Loves!

we got 12 eggs. the actual ER was so so. our nurse today was like, you've done this before so I don't need to go over everything. although we have done this before I don't remember everything. she was rushing & had to stick me twice for my IV. DH gave a fresh sample, then I went back for the ER. I came out & was still groggy. I asked DH 10 times in a row about his sperm. I don't even remember doing that. the nurse came back & said the fresh sample wouldn't work. they thawed the frozen, but only a few were so so . we waited for about 10 min & then they told us they got enough to fertilize. I don't know why but this time was so painful. they gave me 2 injections for pain, but my cramping was incredibly intense. I wanted to post earlier, but Im in so much discomfort. my entire torso is swollen. i'm taking Tylenol, but it's not cutting it. overall, i'm just so thrilled to get 12, that hubby's frozen sperm worked & that I have you girls! I feel so blessed.

Amy- your new baby Paisley is the cutest!!! I hope the cramps go away, they're the worst. I know it's hard to eat meat right now, but I wouldn't push it too hard. I know once you're in the 2nd trimester it'll be easier . I can't wait to join your club! woohoo!

MissB! hi Honey! so glad you're here. thank you oh so much for the prayers! I would have loved to do acupuncture but we didn't have enough in our budget with all of the extra $ we spent on sperm stuff :/. i'm excited when you hit the 10 week mark to see your beautiful baby! sending a hug your way xoxo

Baby- hey girl , thanks for finding me a dream donor! I hope he has green eyes. jk DH has green eyes. thank you for the positive thought!!! thanks for posting that stew. I think I might try it!

Whitney- sooo good to see you! thank you

Thank you Kristi!!

I started feeling nauseous. i'm gonna go lay down. xo
How did I miss this post!!! What wonderful news!!! I'm so amazed with your 12 fertilized eggs! An absolute dream come true! I hope you have lots of green eyed babies!!!
IVF#1 17 snow babies OHSS
4/18/2014 FET (2 Good Embryos) assisted hatching
4/29/2014 First Beta 262.2 finally!!!5/1/2014 2nd beta 698.6 7/1 beta 5915.75/16 1st U/S Twins 119 & 113 heart rates 😱😍
June 5th, 2014, 01:10 AM
Liyana's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by april18 View Post
hey MissB!

we got 8 that fertilized , i'm praying we have a lot (all 8)that make it to day 7. on day 7 they'll biopsy & freeze them. here's the dilemma. if we only get 2 embryos like cycle 1 & 2 do we send them for testing? it's so expensive! or do we freeze those try to save more $ for 1 more cycle, then try to send those embryos with the ones from this cycle?

sorry you had such crazy dreams. they can be so stressful & realistic! I hope you get better rest tonight!

sending hugs your way

XO to all of you girls! <3

Hi April!!

I am praying together with you.I hope so much that they will make it to Day 7. You are in my thoughts honey!
ugh, its a hard question,, really...but I believe that You guys will make and good choice. I wish the best for You!!!
amymperkins likes this.

TTC since Mai 2012

IVF/ICSI #1
ER: 14.01.14 (retrived 14 eggs, 8 was mature, all 8 fertilized)
ET: 17.01.14 (One, 8 cell perfect embryo transfered, 5 frosties)
BETA: 13dp3dpt, 30.01.2014
BFP on Clearblue digi on 30th January, FMU, before my BETA
1st BETA 49,
2nd BETA 3 Feb. 2014. was 120...
Our IVF failed...AF came 9.02.14

IVF #2
FET was scheduled 4.04.14
5 frosties didn`t survived the night...their`s development stopped..

IVF/ICSI #3
ER: 17.06.14 (retrived 12 eggs, 6 fertilized)
ET: 19.06.14 ( Two, 4-cell embies transfered) BFN!! 3 frosties
BETA: 14dp2dt, 03.07.14 Negative

IVF#4
FET 17.09.14 (2 beautiful blastocysts transfered). FX now!

June 5th, 2014, 03:51 AM
Veteran
Hi April! That is great news! What do you test the embryos for?
June 5th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Super Mommy
MissB, crazy dreams...gotta love 'em!! I hate to tell you but they don't get much better. I'm still having them. Otherwise, how are you doing?

Whitney, how's the pregnancy going??

April, I'm so sorry you've had such an uncomfortable time with the ER and recovery!! 12 eggs with 8 fertilizing with DH's sperm is great news!! Praying hard that all 8 make it to day 7 so you don't have to make yet another difficult decision between the testing or saving the money to collect more. What are they testing for?? That might make a difference of which way to go. I agree with MissB, you should at least consider telling Mom and soaking up some Mom TLC. But at the same time, I understand keeping this process to yourself. For the most part we did the first cycle (except his Mom since she was paying for it and my Mom because she calls every single day and she'd pick up on me constantly ignoring her calls or always traveling to another city). We didn't keep it a secret from anyone the second cycle. Just begged everyone for prayers instead. Either way, all of us have your back! Keep us posted. Oh and I sent you another private message yesterday because I couldn't really get on to the board to post because I was on my phone and it was being stupid.

AFM, the cramping has gone away. The heart burn has taken its place. We took my niece home but I still haven't had a day to do nothing yet. I'm counting on it tomorrow. I have extra kids at my house today. Instead of 3 teenage boys, I have 5. Welcome to summer break at my house. There are always extra kids. I love it though because my kids get to hang out with their friends (and do pretty much anything since we live on a farm....ride 4 wheelers, go fishing, shoot basketball, play football or baseball in our 3 acre yard) and I get to know where they are and that they're safe. Still caring for these puppies. They're 3 weeks old today. Gotta weigh them in a little while and give them some wormer. We are going to try to feed them wet puppy food today and start breaking them from the bottle. That'll definitely be easier on me. Get to spend my evening at the ball park yet again to watch my youngest play 2 games. Get to spend the entire weekend in a city an hour and a half away for a tournament that lasts all weekend. My sister in law is going to care for the puppies. And our favorite campground is just down the road from the ball park so we're thinking about taking the camper down tomorrow afternoon and setting it up and me just camping down there this weekend. DH will have to drive back and forth because of work but it would make it easier on me. Plus I looooove it down there! So peaceful and quiet! Trying to wait and see for sure what the weather is going to do first. Storms last night and possibly tomorrow. Don't want to do it if the tournament is going to get rained out. A friend of mine (another baseball Mom) and I were talking the other night at the game. She's an RN at the hospital where we'll be delivering. Was telling her about losing weight (I've lost another 3 pounds!!) and not wanting to eat anything but fruit. She highly recommended getting Boost protein drinks. Broke down and did that yesterday. I haven't attempted to drink one yet because I actually ate supper last night...half a large pizza, pepperoni and mushroom. Felt like a pig but it was super yummy!!
2004--divorce
2007--remarried, DH has no biological children
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap
2013--diagnosed with too much damage to tubes, totally useless

IVF #2
3/14/14-- ER, 12 eggs retrieved, all 12 fertilized by ICSI
3/19/14-- ET, 2 Beautiful 5 day blasts transferred, 5 frosties!
3/24/14-- Faint BFP w/FMU.
3/31/14-- Beta = 578!! U/S scheduled for 4/14!
4/14/14-- U/S confirms TWINS!! Strong heart beats, perfect shape and perfect size!
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
June 5th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Super Mommy
Good to hear you were able to get some food down, Amy! It's amazing how turned off by many foods I was until very recently. I'm almost back to normal eating habits! How are you feeling other than the food aversions?

Pregnancy is treating me very well at this stage. I'm not too big that I'm uncomfortable yet but I'm clearly pregnant and not just fat LOL. I have more energy (still not a lot - where is that burst I was waiting for???) and feel pretty normal actually. I'm feeling the baby kick a lot in the last week or two so that is really exciting!!!

April - can't wait to hear your update!!! Will you get the next report tomorrow/day 3?

June 5th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by flhopeful View Post
Good to hear you were able to get some food down, Amy! It's amazing how turned off by many foods I was until very recently. I'm almost back to normal eating habits! How are you feeling other than the food aversions?

Pregnancy is treating me very well at this stage. I'm not too big that I'm uncomfortable yet but I'm clearly pregnant and not just fat LOL. I have more energy (still not a lot - where is that burst I was waiting for???) and feel pretty normal actually. I'm feeling the baby kick a lot in the last week or two so that is really exciting!!!

April - can't wait to hear your update!!! Will you get the next report tomorrow/day 3?
Lunch today consisted of 2 more pieces of pizza. I'll be sick of it before long but at least it's something besides fruit. Although I'm seriously about to put away some more watermelon! Other than food aversions and occasional heart burn, it's smooth sailing with the pregnancy. At times, if the little ones didn't move around (ok, and if the belly wasn't sticking way out there, lol) I'd forget I was pregnant. Glad your pregnancy is sailing along smoothly. Don't you just LOVE feeling those movements?? One of the greatest things ever!! And personally, I think being the only one to be able to feel them for a while is God's way of rewarding us for all the other pregnancy symptoms we suffer through. For a while, the movements are ours and only ours! Hopefully your burst of energy will come soon!!
Baby2014 likes this.
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
4/14/14-- U/S confirms TWINS!! Strong heart beats, perfect shape and perfect size!
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
June 5th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Regular
So ladies we did the Verifi blood test that test for down syndrome and other abnormalities and also tells you the gender of your baby. And we got the results back but they can only tell us the gender of one baby, so we are going to do a little revel party tonight my best friend is the only one that knows the sex right now. I am so excited!!! We will find out the gender of the 2nd baby in 3 weeks at the next ultrasound, if they will let us see and not be stubborn..lol Anyways, i am so excited to find out Oh and all the other things the test checks for came back good, babies are healthy
June 5th, 2014, 01:29 PM
Super Mommy
hi Baby ! I would love little green eyed babies, but I doubt that will happen, all of my aunts/uncles, parents, 1 sister & me all have brown eyes. my dad has very light brown almost honey colored eyes. do both of the parents have to have green eyes or be carriers for their babies to have colored eyes? we had 8 fertilize & find out how the 8 are progressing tomorrow . I hope you're doing great!

Liyana! hey sweetie! thanks so much for the well wishes!!! I really appreciate the prayers! I need everything I can get . you're only 11 days away from your ER! I hope the time passes quickly!

MissB-we test to see if the embryos are chromosomally normal. for some reason DH & I create mostly abnormal embies. we don't want to transfer anything abnormal, get pregnant & then God forbid MC 3 months into the pregnancy. each cycle we've only ended up with 2 normal embies. i'm praying we'll get more normals this time around .

Amy- thank you so much for your continued prayers!!! they mean so much . I would LOVE to be able to share the news with my mom, but she doesn't want us to have kids. it's been a sore spot between us since I got married. it makes me feel bad, because I wonder if me & my sister made her life hard as a single mom. I think if we told her we were struggling to have kids, she would think that we were meant to be without babies. i'm so glad you got those boost vitamin drinks. I think it will help you gain some lbs. I heard those things are PACKED with nutrition! you are going to have to put some "Amy" time aside & treat yourself to some rest girl . it'll be good for the body & for the spirit! I'll check your message. thanks for telling me

Flhopeful- that's so exciting that the baby is getting really active & that pregnancy is treating you kindly <3. we get another update tomorrow! I hope i'll get to share that all 8 are still in the running!

Kristi- that's so cool that you found out the gender to 1 of the babies!!! I can't wait until you tell us what the sex is . I've never heard of a gender blood test. that's super cool.

AFM- just hoping tomorrow comes quickly so I can stop sweating over here lol.

you girls are the best!!! XO

no frosties
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

no frosties

4th IVF in Nov 2014
June 5th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Veteran
Kristi- I was wondering how the blood test worked with twins, thanks for confirming. Can't wait until you will know both in 3 weeks! Yayayayay!
IVF #1: 3/4/2014
Not successful. Refuse to dwell on the specifics.

FET 7/11/2014
Transferred 1 six day 5BB blast embryo
1st beta on 7/21/14 114.7
2nd beta on 7/23/14 233
3rd beta on 7/25/14 474

First U/S 8/7
Measured perfectly, looked perfect and HB was 121 (I may be bias on the perfect part.)
June 6th, 2014, 06:59 AM
Regular
WELL........ We know for sure we have 1 BOY!!!!!!!
June 6th, 2014, 08:22 AM
Super Mommy
April, I can't believe your Mom doesn't want you to have kids! Wow! That's just.....well, I really don't have words for it! I'm in NO rush for my kids to have kids but I definitely want them to one day. There's no greater blessing! As for her possibly saying that you weren't meant to have kids, well, that's what all these fertility treatments are for! If people were to have NO opportunity to have children, there wouldn't be all these processes. I realize there's no guarantee with the process but it's there for a reason. And even if, God forbid, you didn't have one biologically, there are STILL other ways. She just amazes me.

Kristi, YAY!!!! Boys are great!! I have 3!! Be prepared for crazy things like finding worms in pockets, dirt in places you didn't even realize existed on the human body, bumps, bruises, scrapes and no clue how they obtained them, to be petrified at least twice a week by some stunt they pull and definitely be prepared to lock them out of the house until they put down the bug or snake or whatever other interesting thing they have found and want to show you!! Check nasal passages and ear canals frequently because for some reason, boys think those are great hiding places! Be prepared for baseball, basketball, football, soccer, etc. The sports are great for them, but start saving now because they can get very expensive if they develop a passion and have a natural ability for a particular sport. Be prepared for major stink!! Boys have the ability to make you roll down every window in a vehicle and hang your head out...while driving!!! But also be prepared to have a tiny person think you're the greatest person on the face of the Earth!! Can't wait to find out what the other one is!!!

AFM, the DH got hubby of the year award last night! I have been dying for some Chick-Fil-A nuggets for over a week. I was also wanting fruit yesterday, besides watermelon. So last night, we were running to town (or so I thought) to grab something for supper (headache trying to become a migraine and I was NOT cooking). He drove us 40 minutes to the nearest city that has a Chick-Fil-A so I could get nuggets and then instead of getting the fries, I got the fruit cup (blueberries, strawberries, apples and oranges)! I was in HEAVEN!!
april18, Baby2014 and KristiY82 like this.
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
June 6th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Veteran
Amy- Wow that is INCREDIBLE. Such a great guy. He sure must love you. I must tell you, ever since you posted that video of your son, I have been singing the milkshake song non-stop. My husband asked me why and I was like, "You wouldn't understand." LOL.

I got some AMAZING news today. I did my "official" weigh-in and I was well below what I needed (ok, well is extreme but 3 lbs anyways). YAY! I didn't realize how stressed out about it I was, even though I knew I was under what I needed.

Now I can relax and just keep working out as normal...July 11 will be here soon. I start the shots the week of the 18th and while I am a little nervous based on what everyone else said about the progestrone shots...I'll survive.

FET 7/11/2014
2nd beta on 7/23/14 233
3rd beta on 7/25/14 474

First U/S 8/7
Measured perfectly, looked perfect and HB was 121 (I may be bias on the perfect part.)
June 6th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Super Mommy
Show him the video!

Congrats on the weight loss. Now if I could find what you've lost we'd be in good shape! Oh well. It'll happen.

July 11th is only a month and 5 days away. Not long at all!! I can't say anything either way about the shots because I had the crinone. Actually, I still have a box of it. I have no clue what to do with it either.
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
June 6th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Super Mommy
Kristi! congrats Honey!!! that's so exciting. any guesses what the other baby is? you Hubby must be ecstatic!

Amy- I know right? no words :/.
I was lol over here when you were preparing Kristi. especially about the checking the ears & the nose .
your DH is so sweet! i'm lucky if my hubs picks up something that is on the way home.
how did your headache fair?
oh, I got some Miralax! every time I go to Walmart or any drugstore they're always out. so I was happy when I saw it on the shelf. it says don't take it after 7 days. do you only take it when you're constipated? sorry it that was too personal lol.

Kelkl- congrats Love!!! you did such a great job! keep up the good work! if we make it to freeze (God willing) we'll be transferring july 16-18. so i'll be right behind you .

AFM- I got so sick last night. at our ER the discharge nurse told us to call the office & go to the ER if my temp is over 101. it was 101.79. I took some extra strength Tylenol & called the office. it was past 10pm, I felt bad it was so late. the on call nurse said it was ok & to continue with the e.s. Tylenol & fluids. I feel much better now, but still have a headache. I also had a nightmare that the embies got an abnormal report . I hope they call soon!!! I want to get the news before mom gets here. that way if it's not what we're hoping for, I can just get it out!

sending hugs to you Beauties <3 xoxo

no frosties
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

no frosties

4th IVF in Nov 2014
June 6th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Super Mommy
April, those warnings for boys were serious! I've seen them ALL....more than once!!!! The DH is awesome!!! He drives me crazy sometimes but he's truly awesome. Although, if he wakes me up one more time with his snoring, I might be tempted to smother him! I take the miralax about every 3-4 days, just one dose. It helps keep me from feeling like I'm about to die (although, those pains are nothing compared to labor pains so I don't know why I'm such a weenie when it comes to constipation). I doubt you could ask a question I deemed too personal. I lost 99% of my modesty with my first childbirth. I mean, really, how much modesty can you have when you're in labor and have a half dozen people in and out of your room checking in and then there's shift change and you get another half dozen people and then afterwards when the nurses for the regular part of the hospital come in and check up on you a billion times a day. Modesty? What's that?? (There's everyone's forewarning!!) I hope they call you with a report SOON! Ok, partly out of curiosity but also so that if you get bad results you have time to at least react without having to cover yourself. Although, I say if you had a dream they were bad results, then you will get the opposite!!!!
april18 likes this.
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
June 6th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Super Mommy
lol, you're too funny! I don't know what that would be like, but I hope to find out soon. I think my DH is in big trouble now, because I barely have a filter as it is . thanks for the miralax info! I took some today & was pleasantly surprised. I've taken laxative tea & otc laxatives before & it's given me crazy horrible cramps. the miralax didn't. I took 3/4 of a cap because I was a little nervous.

all day today I was thinking I would rather have bad news today then on day 7. it would be so much easier for me to accept it now. I was also thinking that it was bad news since they called SO late. Me & mom were visiting when the phone rang. I ran upstairs & sat in my closet (the walls are so thin). she said we have 9. I was confused & though she had the wrong chart. she said 1 fertilized late. so here's the breakdown 1- 4 cell, 4- 5 cell, 1- 7 cell, 2 - 8 cell, 1- 10 cell all grade 2, with minimal fragmentation. she also said the flu like symptoms are probably unrelated to the ER & that I caught a cold. the next update is on tues! I don't know if we can wait that long. God is SO good!!! my prayer is, is that he blesses us with 8 healthy, normal embryos!

thank you girls for praying with me! it means the world to me & my growing family!

no frosties
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

no frosties

4th IVF in Nov 2014
June 6th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Veteran
April- that is sooooo awesome. Can't wait until Tuesday for you.
april18 and Baby2014 like this.

FET 7/11/2014
2nd beta on 7/23/14 233
3rd beta on 7/25/14 474

First U/S 8/7
June 6th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Super Mommy
Great news April! Praying for another great update!
april18 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search